Friday 10 July 2020

Monochrome Stripe Tank and Skinny Jeans Outfits With Bright Accessories

Adding some colour to neutral outfits with bright accessories: my magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie crossbody bag and blue and purple scarves. I really liked both of these outfits, I need to wear things like this more often! I've been trying to introduce more colour to my outfits lately but there's something so simple about neutral outfits and adding pops of colours with bright accessories.

What I wore:

adding colour to a moncohrome stripe tank black skinny jeans outfit with blue Louis Vuitton shawl scarf and pink bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta pink with grey cardigan | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | monochrome outfit with blue louis vuitton shawl and magenta pink edie bag
 
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Tank: Jeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta 

Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit! Didn't exactly keep me as warm as I'd hoped in the morning though, the three-quarter length sleeves on the cardigan were a bit chilly for the school drop off. Of course by the school pick up in the afternoon I was feeling like the cardigan and scarf were a bit too warm together!

This Louis Vuitton monogram shawl is so cosy and warm. I really like the pop of colour it gives to the striped tank, and pink and blue being a go-to favourite colour of mine I liked the magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag with this cobalt blue too.

Was a quiet day at home most of the time, aside from the school pickup and drop off and grabbing another loaf of bread on the way home.


Last worn: grey cardigan, Louis Vuitton shawl, stripe tank, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Edie crossbody bag.

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and purple jeans, Louis Vuitton shawl and maxi skirt, stripe tank in the office, Nobody Denim skinny jeans in monochrome outfit, Converse for long-haul flight, Rebecca Minkoff Edie crossbody bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancystripe tank in second trimesterConverse in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Edie Crossbody Bag Review:






What I wore:



monochrome stripe tank grey skinny jeans converse cardigan with pink bag purple scarf winter school run style | away from blue

black cardigan with Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta  | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | school run winter mum style skinny jeans stripes monochrome outfit with pink and purple

JacketCotton On black knit wrap cardigan
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs mauve square scarf
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Jeans: Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta 

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, this outfit felt really warm, all day! I felt a bit overdressed in this thick knitted cardigan as we walked around the shopping centre in the morning after school drop off. We had to try find a pair of shoes for my youngest boy, but thankfully he liked the first pair we tried on. We went to a proper kids shoe store which is not normally where I'd buy the kids shoes, as they ruin them quite quickly, but they had a sale on so it wasn't too bad. We'd had no luck at Kmart, Target or Big W as they are all suffering from low stock levels because of the virus impacts to imports. Although I think the Target stocking issues may partly be due to them closing down so many stores as well? (Our Aussie brands are different from the US ones and so our Kmarts are taking over closing Target stores). Just gives me more reasons to stay home though - not a lot to browse through in the shops!

This was a very dark outfit with the black tank and cardigan, and the grey jeans. I think that the purple scarf and the magenta bag were just the right touches of colour with it, and purple and pink is another colour combination I really enjoy.



How You Can Wear It:

Bright bags and scarves add the perfect touch of colour to a neutral layered winter outfit. For a little extra pop you can pick two different colours for your accessories like I have here.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, you look absolutely amazing!!
    I really love this outfit...and that scarf is such a beautiful colour, really eye catching! I like the bag too. It is so pretty and feminine.😊😊

    Have a great day...and stay safe.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pretty blue scarf is stunning. I love that shade on you - brightens up winter wear for sure! Have a great weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great shade! perfect with neutral winter layers!

      Delete
  3. You have great scarves, and they are so beautiful color on you!
    You outfits are casual and elegant with the beautiful bag<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really cool outfit! your new bag and scarf are beautiful! )))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both outfits on you:) That RM bag really pairs well with the colours on your outfits! And stocks are low here where we are too...the thing is that it's weird stuff that you wouldn't think will be hard to get, but alas, such as life nowadays.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pandemic has changed life so much, it's strange to see!

      Delete
  6. You look so nice running your errands. I love both scarves and the pretty magenta bag. Kids outgrow their shoes so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! It's only a few months a year they need closed in shoes for winter so I didn't realise they had outgrown them until it was too late, haha! They wear sandals most of the year.

      Delete
  7. What an impact that bright scarf has!! And that bag will go with practically everything. I rarely wear monochromatic. In fact, I told Kellyann that I have only tried it once or twice when she recently shared an all white look. Need to break out of my shell!! You gals inspire me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we can inspire you! I love my bright scarves, they add a punch to a monochrome outfit! :)

      Delete
  8. You can't go wrong with a stripy top, whatever the season. The beautiful blue scarf and magenta bag add welcome pops of colour to your outfits. I've been embracing longer cardigans lately. Loving both of yours, but can imagine the first one being a tiny bit too chilly for the school drop-off. I think it would even be to chilly for the mediocre Summer weather we've been having lately! Hope you had a good week, and wishing you the best of weekends, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cardigans are the best - I really got into them while breastfeeding as I needed soft zip free options, and I've got quite a collection now!

      Delete
  9. Your coloured accessories really make these outfits, Mica! I love how nice and bright they are. This is how you do coloured shoes, by the way - just deploy them with your neutral outfits, same as you would with a scarf or bag. I think you need some bright Converses!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! my converse get so much love in the cooler weather, I should try a bright pair! I've always admired my friend's yellow pair!

      Delete
  10. the cobalt blue scarf goes so well with the berry colored purse! i am missing Fall & Winter again!...but it's always here before I know it...xo Eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. One pop of color with a neutral outfit is my go to formula in clothing, but my pop of color usually is a red lipstick, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fun pop! I find red lipstick too hard, although I've tried it a few times!

      Delete
  12. I love a neutral outfit with a pop of color! It's not a combination I wear often myself for some reason, but looking at your outfits, I'm going to have to try to remedy that :)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really easy way to wear bright accessories, I think you will like it if you give it a go!

      Delete
  13. I always think you do a great job of adding color to your outfits Mica...those scarves do the trick too.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been trying to be more colourful lately! :)

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful LV blue scarf! It is such a pretty shade and matches with your eye nicely. It is always good to have a pop of colour. I love both pops of colours in your outfits. The mini RM bag is a lovely pop of colour as well. The outfit itself is cute. I like the striped tee with the leggings and the long cardi. Striped t-shirts are such a classic, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love this shade of blue! And yes, stripes will always be a classic! :) They are jeans :)

      Delete
  15. The second outfit is cute too. That knit cardigan does look very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like both outfits on you and the handbag is pretty and I love the color. Have a nice weekend Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its so hard to find any kids clothing and shoe right now. Glad you find your son a pair.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been surprising seeing what the shortages have been!

      Delete
  18. I love the color of your Rebecca Minkoff bag! The Louis Vuitton shawl looks so rich!! It is great that you paired some nice colors together hehe. I've been thinking about getting a little crossbody. I feel like my monogram bag is way too big most of the time @__@! Have a great weekend sis!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find crossbody bags perfect for just the essentials - if I need more I usually put it in the baby bag along with the wipes and snacks and kids water bottles, haha!

      Delete
  19. I love the pop of color with the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, both looks are so beautiful. I love that you have added these gorgeous scarves to your outfits. They really give each look such a lovely pop of colour - and create layers that look effortless and stylish.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the first one,
    have a great weekend!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh both scarfs are really cute I love the blue one

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice outfit and looks great with the handbag :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cool outfits, that purse is very cute, i like
    the colour!
    kisse :)

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful outfit! Your bag is so cute

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm loving this cross body bag! It's such a cute colour and it looks like it's the perfect size to carry things without being too big or bulky!

    Cheers,
    Eileen | yesmissy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's such a great bag and a beautiful shade! :)

      Delete
  27. I love the colour of your scarfs!
    You always know how to make casual so chic.
    xxx

    I also love the colour of your Minkoff bag! It's so regal.
    xxxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is such a cute striped shirt! I love the monochromatic blue outfit! There's nothing more chic than a monochromatic look. I especially love your blue scarf!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the long cardis paired with the striped tops! The scarf is the perfect polishing accessory!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all of these purple hues! That scarf look so cozy too. Hope you guys had a great weekend! It's been a hot one here; 100 degrees!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy to think of that heat while we are in the middle of winter, haha! :)

      Delete
  31. Both of these outfits are so cute, I especially love the bright colors in the first look. Ahh, shoe shopping with kids--not always the most fun. I'm glad you found some though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was a bit worried I wouldn't find anything! Glad they had what we needed! :)

      Delete
  32. The colourful scarfs are such a great and fun accessory, you can add a splash of colour with minimum effort and great result of your outfit
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the injection of colour, the scarfs are perfect for it. Unexpensive accessory can make wonders for the outfit.
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a wonderful mix with the magenta and a bright scarf.
    I can imagine this being done in so many ways, such a great look.
    This is a recipe I'd love to try.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...