Monday 20 May 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup: International Flight Style!

If you've been following along on Instagram you'll know I've been travelling a bit lately! This family holiday has taken an epic amount of planning and is the first international flight for the boys. It's been interesting and exhausting and so much fun!

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing my international flight style, as well as what I've packed in my hand luggage for making the journey.

What I wore:

international flight style brisbane to edinburgh stripe duster louis vuitton luggage olive jeans converse | awayfromblue

away from the blue Instagram | international flight style Striped duster olive jeans black tee louis vuitton scarf luggage
Jacket: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
TeeAtmos & Here black essential v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere / Louis Vuitton Keepall 45 / Antler Blue large luggage

Why I wore it:

I was a perfect mix of excited and nervous with the first big international flight for the boys. I've taken them to Sydney before, but this was a combined 26 hours on 3 different planes over a few days, and a much bigger trip than we've ever done with kids.

Stuck with comfortable favourite pieces! A striped duster as an easy cover up that never creases, my cobalt Louis Vuitton shawl for a pop of colour and extra cosiness on the plane, a classic black tee that goes with everything and my olive skinny jeans. Converse as they are the most comfortable and none of the 4 airports we travelled through required me to remove them, so the laces weren't an issue.

I took two carry on items with me - my speedy bandouliere as my handbag and my Louis Vuitton keepall as my main bag. You can see what I carried with me in the video below.

The flights went quite well! We did a screen blackout for the boys 2 weeks before we flew. They sometimes get to watch an episode off Netflix a few times a week, but we stopped that completely so that they were completely obsessed with and entertained by the in-flight movies which worked well. I was also very pleased to see that they inherited their dad's stomach for flying and unlike me they did not get travel sick at all.


Last worn: striped duster, cobalt scarf, black tee, olive skinny jeans, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearstriped duster for a flight to Sydney, cobalt scarf and printed dress, black tee and pencil skirt, olive skinny jeans in the office, Converse in the snowLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancystriped duster in second trimester, Converse in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: International Flight Carry On











What I wore:

Comfortable flying style flight to Paris Louis Vuitton shawl luggage maxi skirt mickey tee leather jacket | away from blue

awayfromblue Instagram | travel style flight to Paris Mickey Mouse tee maxi skirt leather jacket Louis Vuitton luggage
Jacket: Jeanswest black leather moto jacket
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
TeeUniqlo Mickey Mouse 'Mickey Stands' short sleeve graphic tee (new purchase)
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere / Louis Vuitton Keepall 45

Why I wore it:

Wore the same scarf for a shorter trip - flying from Edinburgh to Paris where we had a few days in Disneyland! My carry on luggage was a bit fuller this time around, as we didn't check in any bags. I packed as lightly as I could and the outfit I wore for the plane was one I wore the next day too.

This Mickey Mouse tee I stumbled across in Uniqlo before we left while looking for a Disney tee for the boys, and I knew we had to all get matching ones! 😂 Because if you're going to go all out and wear matching character tees as a family, where else but Disneyland?! Mickey Mouse loved it!

Again I stuck with my Louis Vuitton scarf to keep me cosy and add a bit of colour with the black leather jacket and maxi skirt. Such a comfy travel outfit.

If you haven't been following along with the travels on Instagram I will be posting a bit more about them on the blog next week!


Last worn: leather jacket, cobalt Louis Vuitton shawl (above), black maxi skirt, Converse (above), Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above). First time I've worn the tee as it was a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and printed pants, cobalt Louis Vuitton shawl in the office, black maxi skirt in summer, Converse and jeansLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in third trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in second trimester.








Weekday Wear Linkup #19


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Glitz n Glamour, Friday Link Up, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Fabulous Friday, Friday Faves.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. I really like your Internationale flight style. It looks very comfortable. Also your collection of LV bags is impressive. Enjoy in your holidays.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/05/vichy-mineral-89-booster_86.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue is so pretty on you and I'll bet it was the perfect piece to feel cozy on the plane. So smart of you to keep the boys off the screens 2 weeks prior to the flight! Glad they did so well!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your bravery! I hope you enjoy your travels xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that outfit on you!

    https://Satinoflux.com| Fashion Blog | By Dess Markova

    ReplyDelete
  5. You managed to look stylish and comfy, Mica! I've enjoyed looking at your Instagram photos! My son loved the pic of the Highland cow! ;) Hope you're having a great trip. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete
  6. Have a wonderful trip! Love these cozy chic travel looks. Thanks so much for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trips sound so fun! I bet your boys loved Disney! Both of your travel outfits look so cute and comfortable! I love the color of your scarf and it's the perfect piece to stay warm on the plane!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been quit a trip! I guess I have missed it! Love the striped long cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just behind with posting it on the blog :)

      Delete
  9. I like your blue scarf it is so nice and lovely
    NEW POST
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/05/how-to-style-overall-birkenstocks-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad it went well, Mica.
    That's the kind of scarf I take on the plane too. Then I can use it as a pillow or a blanket!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun and exciting to be traveling so much. Your travel outfits look very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, nice to know you went to Europe with your boys. I like your big LV scarf and Keepall. Can't wait to see more of your Europe trip.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving how you styled this blue scarf - super pretty!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love comfortable outfits for traveling. I would love to visit Disneyland some day!!! It's my dream!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my dream too, I'm so glad we did it! :)

      Delete
  15. I hope you had fun! Disneyland is my favorite ever - I bet the boys were in heaven lol. Also love your comfy travel style!! So practical and stylish!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a trip! I always prioritize comfort while flying, so leggings and sweaters for me!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great layered looks for traveling! You look comfortable, stylish, and ready for whatever travel throws at you. Hope the boys are enjoying the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So comfy, yet stylish! I agree that you have to get matching shirts for any Disney trip! It's not really necessary, but it makes everything much more fun! Lol. Anywho, thank you for your lovely comment on my page. I just started following you on Instagram and Twitter as well! I hope you had a lovely weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was so fun to have us all matching!

      Delete
  19. Wow that is one long journey.. good to know the boys handled it so well.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Family matching shirt are always fun to wear. Glad the boys did good on the flight.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw you said you were in Edinburgh! That's amazing! I hope you're enjoying the cooler weather over here, Mica!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving your blue scarf! safe travels!
    xx jen
    http://lilthoughtswithjen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you've been having some fun adventures—can't wait to hear more about your travels!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your travel style! Enjoy your travels, dear!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you have a great time!

    xo Jules
    www.julesinflats.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that blue scarf. I have enjoyed following your travels.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute outfit! It looks very comfy for long flights too!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice to hear about your holiday - you have everything covered beautifully. I bet the kids enjoyed the flight and experience. Thanks for sharing. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  29. Scotland and Paris, how marvelous! Did you actually take that gigantic blue bin with you?? I love your comfy travel style.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of these travel outfits look great! I'm going on a trip in a few weeks so this is really helpful. I love the bright blue scarf and layering is always a good idea. And that's great that the traveling went well. I hope you have a great time on your trip!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so brave taking your kids on such a long trip! We took our oldest to Ireland a few years ago and she did so well though-probably better than I did! I've been following your trip and it looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have an amazing time and they were so good on the flights!

      Delete
  32. I love that blue on you! Hope you had a great time on your trip (it looked like you did haha)

    - Avalon from simplyavalon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect travel outfits, especially with little ones, my you are brave. From your IG it looks like you are having a great time, enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So glad to hear that they travel so well! My girls LOVE watching movies and getting treats on the airplane. We haven't traveled as far as you did with your boys but we have gone on 6 hour flights before.

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. So nice that you did an outfit for when flying. I also just returned from a trip :)

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was a long flight with your boys, I glad it went all well. I like to wear comfy clothes too, I almost always take a big scarf with me that I use as an additional blanket, since it gets super cold up there.

    Best, Gilda
    www.itsgilda.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are great travel outfits. Great to know that the flight went well. I imagine that international flying with small kids can be a challenge. I've actually never been on a really long flight. When I worked as a flight attendant, my company only flew shorter flights, they didn't have the fleet for long ones so I never got to experience long flights. Great idea to limit screen time for your boys before flight so they would be entertained with what they saw on flight.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love both of these outfits:) So perfect for travel. I don't really do IG so it would be great if you can post some of the pics here too:D
    And love that Mickey shirt from UNIQLO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Posting on the blog has just been a little behind!

      Delete
  39. Both outfits look great for travel and comfortable x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks so comfortable for a long flight!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your travel style, girlfriend!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  42. Looks like great outfits for traveling. Have a great week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. Have so much fun on your trip!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/05/how-to-wear-sneakers-with-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. love ur flight outfit, it seems pretty comfortable ,
    have a nice day dear

    www.torichux3.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Welcome to Europe! I hope Scotland wasn't too cold for you. The scenery is stunning, though. Taking the boys on such long flights must be really challenging, but I'm sure that a visit to Disneyland more than made up for it. Loving the Mickey tee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your outfit. Converse are the ultimate shoe - I haven't found an outfit yet they wouldn't work well with (well, perhaps a cocktail dress or something). Nevertheless, they're the greatest shoe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  47. I hope you had a great time on your trip. It's great that your boys don't have trouble with flying. I'm like you in the sense that flying makes me feel pretty bad, but it's always worth it in the end :)

    I love your comfy outfits. Comfort is so important when travelling.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the duster, striped cardigan with the converse. Such a cute look Mica. And I love traveling by plane. Even with all the crazy changes over the years, I still love the adventure I feel when walking around an airport.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Loving this cozy and stylish look on you dear. You really can't go wrong with the classic Converse.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. What great travelling outfits! The LV scarf is a winner though, great for keeping you warm and adding that pop of colour. I love that you all got matching Mickey shirts! I also think your strategy with screen time is excellent, I'm such a softie I don't think I could do it, but it's a great idea - definitely will try this out for long haul flights (if I ever go on one again with kiddos haha!)

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes you have your hands full a little more than me, I just had the two boys!

      Delete
  51. How do you manage to look so stylish while traveling with kids?! You look great! I'm so glad you guys got to a Disney park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! it was a dream come true for us!

      Delete
  52. Thank you all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...