Monday 8 July 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Belted Dresses In the Office In Winter

I like belting cardigans over dresses! It's a fun way to add more colour and it works perfectly for days in the office as I'm usually throwing a cardigan over my outfit anyway with the cold aircon!

What I wore:

mustard cardigan belted over ruffled animal print sleeveless dress winter office style Regan bag | awayfromblue

animal print dress with Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | witner office otufit belted mustard yellow cardigan with animal print ruffle dress regan bag
Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: layered Tai gold alphabet necklaces
DressJeanswest ruffle neckline animal print dress
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

So happy that the winter weather is here in Brisbane and it's cool enough to get my cardigans out again! This one was an awesome $2 opshop find at my favourite opshop which sadly closed down. I love the way the mustard looks with the beige animal print dress, it's a nice combination, and even though the cardigan is shorter than the dress I think it works so nicely belted.

Since I'd picked the gold glitter belt to wear I picked some gold necklaces to wear to match. The navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag is a great neutral, go-with-everything bag and the perfect size for work.


Last worn: mustard cardigan, initial necklaces, gold belt, animal print ruffle dress, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan and maxi skirt, glitter belt and fit and flare dress, animal print ruffle dress and blazer, black ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyanimal print ruffle dress in second trimester, glitter belt at 38 weeks, black ballet flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan










What I wore:

navy waterfall cardigan belted over berry ruffle dress leopard print flats regan satchel bag winter office outfit | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with llama printed bag charm | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy waterfall belted cardigan over berry ruffle dress with rebecca minkoff regan bag and printed flats
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
DressJeanswest deep pink ruffle neckline dress (updated version)
BeltRebecca Minkoff Liv double wrap velvet belt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Again wearing the same outfit formula, just with different pieces! I still had a little leopard print in my outfit though, with these fun ballet flats.

Again I matched my necklace to the belt, matching the black together even though the gold hardware on the belt and silver hardware on the necklace are different. I really like this House of Harlow necklace, an old style that was popular years ago but a necklace I still enjoy wearing.

This navy cardigan has been a frequent go-to this winter, it goes with everything, much like the Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag, and I like how it looked with the berry toned dress. Which is so pink in person but always looks more red in photos!


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan, velvet belt, House of Harlow necklace, pink ruffle dress, leopard print flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan and skinny jeans, velvet belt worn two ways, pink ruffle dress in summer, leopard print flats and sundress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and printed shorts.



Ruffle Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A dress with a fun ruffle is a great feminine option for work. Although both of these dresses are sleeveless, if it's winter or you need to cover up your shoulders, you can just add a cardigan over the top and belt it for extra definition.



Weekday Wear Linkup #26


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

82 comments:

  1. I love the cardigans, especially the mustard one.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow cardigan is just adds the right amount of colour to this outfit hun. Looking great and have a wonderful weekend.


    Xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such pretty outfits for the office, Mica! The mustard cardi looks great with the animal print dress and I love that glittery belt! The berry toned dress looks great with the navy cardi too. Such a great bag also, that goes well with everything. Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! Thanks for the linkup! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way belting the cardigans gives shape and looks a little more dressy than just letting the cardigan hang naturally. Perfect for the office!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this styling tip with the belt! It really is so flattering and I adore the contrast of colors in these looks! Thanks for the link up Mica.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these outfits are so cute! Love how you belted your cardigans! It really changes up the look!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorable! Love this pot.
    https://mellifluous-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are cute looks Mica! I have never tried to belt my cardigan over my dresses so this will be something I'll try soon as I get into wearing belts!! I love your leopard dress. It's such an amazing combo with your yellow cardigan. It's a nice pop of color but complements the print so nicely. Love!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you the inspiration! :)

      Delete
  9. I really like this look! I do need a couple of belts to accomplish it! I had to throw out my lil leopard belt this year and I don't think I have any other thin blets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belted cardigan over a dress is a such a great work staple!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how you belted these cardigans Mica. I always forget to do that, yet it makes it stay in place so well.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that cardigan is a great find at $2! And I agree, it looks great with that print. And yay for the HoH necklace! I should wear mine soon, ha ha
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always smile when I see you wearing yours!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful (as always)! I am LOVING that llama keychain - sooo cute!!
    xo, allie

    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both outfits looks so cute Mica! You pull off the belting look so beautifully. My mom-pudge makes it a challenge but I did it anyway yesterday! Love the mustard cardigan on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anyone can rock this, it's great you did! :)

      Delete
  15. I haven t worn a belt over a cardigan for a long time! It looks fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the looks of dress and coat, here is winter so it has to be this way.
    Nice bags :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of belting cardigans. Both outfits look fabulous but I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely looks, dear!
    Love the color-print combos!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah yes belting a long cardigan really polishes off a look and makes it look more professional and pulled together. Both looks are perfect for the office and fall early winter weather.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww you look super cute in both looks! :) the leopard dress is super cute!
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both looks are super cute!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/07/black-ruffle-lace-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love a good cardigan, and I love how you belted it over such cute dresses - I would have never thought to do that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these outfit are super cute. Aren't cardigans great for all year around. Have a great week. My week is going to be a bit busy again. Since my work schedule is all over the place.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  24. A belt can definitely elevate an outfit! I love your dress and it's perfect for work :)

    https://mariannyc.com/quebec-city-cruise-port/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the belt + cardi combo! Cuute

    ReplyDelete
  26. YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO FABULOUS! ADORE THE LOOK! HOPING YOUR DAY IS AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU ARE!
    XOXO, VANESSA
    WWW.WHATWOULDVWEAR.COM

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really like both these outfits, the colors on the cardigans really suit the dresses you picked out. (And that's a very cute bag charm!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm loving all the leopard! So cute!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both of these outfits, Mica, and must make a mental notation to try and belt a cardigan over a dress. It's really clever and effective. The animal print dress with the mustard cardigan is such a great combo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love both of the looks! The mustard cardi is perfect with the leopard print dress (what a pretty dress!). I love the way you pair the dresses with black tights - it's a great look. And those animal print flats are great. You mentioned gold in the belt and silver in the necklace. In the pictures, I'd have sworn they were the other way around, so obviously it's not an issue that the metals are different colors. Thanks for hosting another linkup. I love looking through everybody's new posts!

    Ruth
    VogueFauxReal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I feel a bit funny about mixing the metals with that necklace sometimes so it was helpful feedback! :)

      Delete
  31. The cardigan and belt look is so fancy. You look so classy in it. In Belgium it's currently summer. It's so weird to think that it's summer over there!

    http://www.gselle.be/

    ReplyDelete
  32. The cardigan and belt look is so fancy. You look classy in it. In belgium it's currently summer. It's funney to think that it's winter there!
    http://www.gselle.be/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Babe, I can’t tell you how much I love your outfits, especially 2nd one is my favorite. Love how you belted your cardigans looks so chic!
    Dheera
    www.thestylepanorama.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look great.. super cute!

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I admit i don't own a belt at the moment - I cannot remember the last time I wore one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the belt detail :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are some nice looks! The bag is a great addition to both!

    https://twitter.com/AverageGuyStyle

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your outfit, the llama bag charm is too cute! <3

    www.samanthassnaps.co.uk
    samantha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely bag! Thanks for sharing! I've just visited your Youtube and subscribed! I hope to see you on my Youtube channel 'Hanna Painter' :) Greetings from Holland, Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  40. This navy blue cardigan looks gorgeous on you, Mica, and what a cute bag charm. I hope, you are having a great Monday. xx

    Nina's Style Blog
    Nina Kobi

    ReplyDelete
  41. Whilst it's a lot cooler down in Melbourne, I love the milder days as I find it a great opportunity to bring out some of my summer midi dresses but pairing them with tights and a slouchy jumper instead - really loving this look. I love that mustard cardigan, such a great colour! x

    Tea Party With Alice

    ReplyDelete
  42. Belting the cardigan was a such a cute idea! I love how it elevates the look. Have a great week!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your outfits are so cute! I recently got a mustard long cardigan and can't wait to wear it this fall! It looks really good with your animal print dress!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your dresses and long cardigans are perfect for your mild Brisbane Winter. Many thanks for hosting Mica, hope you have a good week. Sorry I seem to have made an error posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Belting a cardigan is such a great styling trick. I especially love your yellow one—it totally brightens up your whole outfit!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love a cardi and dress pairing. Can't remember the last time I paired the two. Same goes with a moto jacket. Again, can't remember the last time. Maybe because it's just to hot to pair them when it's warmer out? Or maybe I just don't have fabulous places to be or go to anymore hahaha!

    Hope you and the family have been doing well Mica,
    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Animal print and yellow color looks so beautiful on you. I like how you combine pattern and color. You look amazing. Thank you for inspiration.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/07/1st-anniversary-of-exclusive-beauty_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful looks! Love the dresses.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a great look on you, Mica:) I must admit I always look pregnant when I try this belted look coz I'm thick-waisted, but on your figure, it looks fab! Love that House of Harlow necklace too btw:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think it's all about where you belt it! :)

      Delete
  50. i love the contrast between a cardigan and the dress underneath. Also I just wanted to say your hair is looking fabulous. I chopped off 10 inches a few weeks ago for donation and feel so much lighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great you donated your hair too! :)

      Delete
  51. what a fun wear to wear a cardigan and belt! It definitely is a nice contrast!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. great style as usual my dear!

    Check out my latest blog post: The best of Rome Fashion Week
    ---> https://www.evaredson.com/2019/07/altaroma-july-2019-best-shows-trends.html

    xx Eva

    ReplyDelete
  53. Cute looks dear, especially the 2nd outfit. Love the contrast of colors.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Pretty as always, dear!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES A PARIS
    NEW BLOG POST: PURPLE PALAZZO PANTS

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love both looks, the contrast between a cardigan and the dress is amazing. You have made it more attractive with this cute belt.

    Have a great day.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Mica
    You look lovely in both looks. I can't say in wich outfit you look more stylish because I love both.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Belted dresses are my jam right now- I'm actually wearing one on the blog today!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  58. You look amazing Mica. That is a good cardigan. When something is good, defo get it in all the colours. Ha!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  59. I often wear cardigans over dresses but I haven't tried adding a belt. It looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I absolutely love the first dress, especially with that yellow cardi! I've never thought to put my belt round my cardigan/cover up too - it looks great! Hope you're having a lovely week so far :)
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  61. Both fantastic looks, Mica! This is a really great way to make two more casual items (cardi, dress) look really professional and sleek. I love the mustard/leopard look the most - the navy bag is a great addition to this. In the second outfit, I feel like the bag is not quite right - I would have liked a bag with a bit more pop to it. However, that's really a small thing - it's still fabulous overall! Hope you had a fun weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I should try this again with a brighter bag :)

      Delete
  62. Mustard yellow is the absolute best. I love the way it looks good on you and really complements your outfit. - www.jamilakyari.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I really love both of this outfits, but the mustard cardigan is simply the best :)

    Lots of love ♥ January Girl

    ReplyDelete
  64. You look amazing! I love how you belt your cardigans and both books are so fun. I actually almost never wear my cardigan belted, but this really inspired me to try the look out more often.

    I hope you're having a great week.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  65. Such a great way to change things up and show off your teeny waist! Love these looks and you look great in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the first outfit so much, leopard print looks amazing with yellow and that mustard color is fab!!!

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  67. The cardigan belted over a dress is a beautiful look! I love the mustard color of that cardigan and I can't believe it was only $2. And the navy and pink in the second outfit look great together!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love you in a belted cardigan! I need to put that outfit idea back into rotation! And I really like the RM Regan satchel! If I ever used bigger fancy bags, I'd have my eye on that one! (I really just use my Longcamp Le Pliage Neo and smaller crossbodys.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried Longchamp but my friend highly recommends them!

      Delete
  69. It is always so cold in the office!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thank you all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...