Friday 26 October 2018

Maxi Skirts and Printed Tanks With Denim Jacket and Rebecca Minkoff Mini Bags

Felt like it had been a while since I'd worn some of my maxi skirts, so it was time to get them out again! Pairing plain maxi skirts with printed tanks and a denim jacket to make the perfect spring outfit.

What I wore:

spring stay at home mum outfit drawstring waist maxi skirt denim jacket purple mini MAB bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram spring maxi skirt denim jacket printed tank purple bag outfit
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TopSass and Bide "For Easy Reference" tank
SkirtJeanswest Luxe jersey maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

A busy day required a comfortable outfit. After doing the day care drop off, I worked from home before heading back to daycare and picking up the boys for an appointment in the afternoon.

As it was a slightly warmer day, I thought it was the perfect time to wear this maxi skirt. It has slits up both sides, so it was a little chilly last time I wore it in autumn, but was perfect for this warmer day. I really liked the simplicity of this outfit, and how comfortable it was! Every time I wear this printed tank I really like the outfit, I should wear it more often.

WIth all of the neutrals, the little purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag was the perfect pop of colour with my outfit.


Last worn: denim jacket, Sass & Bide tank, drawstring waist maxi skirt, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to weardenim jacket, Sass & Bide tank and metallic jeans, drawstring waist maxi skirt worn two ways, Converse and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and blue dress.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, Converse for second trimester travel, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Reveal:



(In case you missed it over on YouTube, I bought another Rebecca Minkoff bag!)




What I wore:

double denim jacket and chambray maxi skirt red tank and bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram double denim spring outfit chambray skirt jacket stripe tank and red Avery bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
TankJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

A colourful outfit with some of my favourite pieces for a sad day! We had a service to close the chapter at our regular playgroup building. After our last week there, I felt it would be good to go and say thank you to everyone who helped us over the years, as lots of the people who worked there over the centre's 20 year history came back for the day.

The boys did so well through the service, although when it drew to a close and they mentioned it was time for morning tea, a certain little boy couldn't contain his excitement any longer and screamed 'MORNING TEA!', much to the amusement of the previously sad and reflective crowd. The funniest part was how many people came up to me afterwards and commented that is was just like him to do that - sums up my son so well, he always brings a smile to people's faces. Of course it wasn't long before the cake the boys were eating made its way onto my outfit!

I wasn't sure how formal the service would be so thought the denim jacket would be best to cover up my shoulders in this sleeveless tank, even if it was a bit warm and I ended up taking it off for the rest of the day. The colourful striped tank and bag were my attempt to bring some cheer to the day - it was a lovely way to have some closure after our time there (over three and a half years!) but sad all the same. I shed a few tears.


Last worn: denim jacket (above), brushstroke stripe tank, chambray maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini Avery tote.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and shorts, brushstroke stripe tank and pink bag, chambray maxi skirt and foil print tee, Rebecca Minkoff mini Avery tote and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in third trimester, brushstroke stripe tank in second trimester.


Maxi Skirts Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

Plain maxi skirts are a nice spring option, especially when paired with a printed tank. it's a simple outfit formula, perfect for a busy mum. If it's a little cooler in the morning or evening, a denim jacket is a great layer.


Linking up with Lizzie In Lace, Sunday Reflections, Shoe & Tell.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

83 comments:

  1. Girl this is soooo gorgeous!! LOVE how you have styled it

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute and pretty bag! It's quite similar to the red one you have already. You've got a nice Rebecca Minkoff collection. Enjoy your weekend with your boys.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's my second little red Rebecca Minkoff bag, haha! :) I think this is more structured though :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, you really should wear printed tank tops more often! I like the first look and think it is perfect for a busy day you had on that day. Also the second look is beautiful. I know what you mean that on sad days colours help to cheer up the own mood. Your little boy is so cute!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! Yes, I should definitely wear these more often! :)

      Delete
  4. You can never beat a denim jacket like this one! Both perfectly layered looks!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those two bags are super cute and loving both the colours hun.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the classic black maxi skirt! It looks really cute how you've styled it with the denim jacket. Hope you have a great weekend, Mica!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! A black maxi is a real classic for sure! :)

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful event, and your son made me laugh...they really are gems, aren't they??
    I love that orange bag, Mica!! It adds so much fun to any outfit!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! THey really are the best, it was such a funny moment! :) It's a lovely bag but is actually red :)

      Delete
  8. I just retired my maxi dresses and skirts. We get a lot of rain through the fall and winter, so anything that is close to the ground doesn't work anymore.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky it doesn't get that wet over winter! Summer is more our wet season!

      Delete
  9. Loving both of these! The bright one is so happy and exciting and the first is definitely my style with the darker hues!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wear the denim jacket so well, Mica! It's such a great, handy and versatile piece to have in a wardrobe - during any season of the year! Hope you've had a wonderful week babe!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Gabrielle - such a versatile piece! :)

      Delete
  11. The orange bag is so cute, dear!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PARIS STREET STYLE - AUTUMN' 18

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love maxi skirts and I have been wearing them a lot lately!!! I love how you styled both skirts, so pretty!!! Happy Friday gorgeous! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yiota! THey are a great outfit option :)

      Delete
  13. These are great outfits! That R.M bag is so beautiful. The shade is gorgeous and the design is very elegant. A perfect bag! I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear from this lovely bag.

    It's so nice how your son cheered all of you up by saying it's tea time, even if you were all feeling sad because the playground service was being closed. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was such a sweet moment and a nice way to change the mood! :)

      Delete
  14. I bet it was super hard to say good bye to a place you were going to for the last three years. Love how you paired your converse with the maxi skirt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very sad goodbye, we loved it there.

      Delete
  15. I haven't worn a maxi skirt in awhile but both of these outfits are lovely! The denim jacket paired with both of them was a great choice, and I love your new bag! The pink color is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a wardrobe staple for me! :)

      Delete
  16. Aw you look so nice. Love how you've styled everything!

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photos are so cute! I love that orange bag, it is the perfect pop of color! You look amazing, babe!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear you are looking fantastic, love your style :)

    https://ohladymania.blogspot.com

    https://www.instagram.com/ohladymania/

    .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That second outfit with the light blue and red really caught my eye! It's a beautiful color combination! It's a perfect outfit for a sad day like that. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Laura. It's a shame it was such a sad day, but good to say a proper goodbye too! :)

      Delete
  20. These really are perfect spring outfits. A denim jacket works so well with a maxi skirt for a dressy yet relaxed look. Both outfits are lovely.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. That second outfit is really pretty. I love the color combo and that bright orange handbag! So sorry to hear your playgroup is ending. That's got to be so hard.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wasn't ready for it to end! :(

      Delete
  22. Both of these outfits are lovely for spring, Mica! Both of the printed tanks are pretty and look great with the plain maxi skirts, which are both so versatile. I love the denim jacket too! Your new pink bag is gorgeous! Hope you're having a great weekend so far ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! You'll see it popping up on the blog a lot soon as I have been enjoying wearing it lately, such a cute bag!

      Delete
  23. Love that purple bag so much!! You have a very cool style babe.

    M.SW fashion magazine 💋 | M.SW

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the slits on your skirt. These kind of skirts are my favorite!
    Have a happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a gorgeous outfit! I love that maxi Skirt - anything stylish and comfortable is a winner for me :)

    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the bright tank with maxi skirt. It is certainly hard to say goodbye, but I'm glad your little guy provided some levity. To new beginnings then!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely outfits for spring! The red RM bag is so cute too - how do you find the size for day to day? I like how it complements the top in that outfit :)

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for fitting in all of the essentials, I've been loving using it lately! :)

      Delete
  28. You really know how to wear maxi skirts, Mica:) Love both outfits. And that was really great to hear that there was a service to say goodbye to the playgroup building. It's always a sad event to have to go to, but that was sweet that your son was there to lighten up the moment.
    Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he picked the perfect time to speak up and change the mood, couldn't have pictured a better end ot the service! :)

      Delete
  29. Oh my gosh, those little bags are just too cute! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both the bags are adorable! I do love that style of bag but find they're not that practical for carrying the things I need though!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't carry much day-to-day, especially when out with the boys :)

      Delete
  31. The bags are super cute... Love the pop of colors
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like the denim jacket and maxi skirt combo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your outfits look so great and pulled-together but seem so comfy--I need to learn your ways! I live in sweatshirts and jeans haha. And I loved the "morning tea" comment, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe easy, just replace the jeans with maxi skirts, done! :)

      Delete
  34. Love how you rocked the maxi skirt! Big plus when make you feel comfortable. I love the pairing with the Rebecca Minkoff bag. The blue maxi skirt is super cute! Hehe, denim jackets are great for giving coverage while looking stylish.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aww, that was a really sweet story about your son at the service. I love the way you wear your maxi skirts! So casual and fun with pops of color and print. Both outfits feel very Springy! Here we having the monsoon with some bursts of sun in between the rain. I don't have a denim jacket! Perhaps I should hunt for one soon ;) Thank you for inspiring Mica <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My denim jacket is such a staple in my wardrobe - can't imagine being without it! :)

      Delete
  36. It's a bit sad but I liked it that your boy made it better with morning tea remark.
    I missed you rocking maxi skirts - you are the best person I know (both virtually and not) to wear maxi skirt like queen. And those tiny bags are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you, I do love my maxi skirts! :)

      Delete
  37. Love both outfits, tbh those skirts
    look super comfortable i wouldnt mind wearing one :D
    i love the purple bag btw!
    hope you have a nice day! kisses :)

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  38. I don't own a maxi skirt, purely because I'm so short and I can never find one that doesn't drag on the floor! I love how you've paired yours with your denim jacket - I've only just recently brought one and it's fab how much a denim jacket goes with year round!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite too! I had to get the chambray one shortened but the other is fine, just worn a little higher than I would usually, ha!

      Delete
  39. I really like how well you look in that second outfit.
    You really look casual, fun and comfy!
    Plus, you can never go wrong with a denim jacket.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Aw, I can imagine how sad that must've been to say good-bye. You become so close with everyone throughout the years and some become almost like family. Kids tend to have that gift of making a sad moment a bit more cheerful, glad your son put a smile on some faces. I love the colorful outfit you wore, the blue and orange look so pretty together!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so sad, but he perfectly lifted the mood there! :)

      Delete
  41. LOL! Kids say the darnest things! Haha! Love the maxi skirts and how you style them, Mica!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  42. Obsessed with both these outfits, the perfect spring vibe and style! I love the denim and purple tones in your first look and the paradise tank in the second, so vibrant and gorgeous! The pop of red really rocks against the denim too. That's so sweet about your boy making everyone smile with the tea remark - a real ray of sunshine on a sad day! It's such a shame it's closing and so nice you went to the service. I hope your weekend has been fabulous babe! ♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so nice to have the service, and it was so him, we all loved his cheeky outburst! :)

      Delete
  43. Love both of these looks. Obsessed with your bag collection! Such a cute story about your sons.

    x,

    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love those mini bags!! So so cute!
    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a beautiful outfit. I really love maxi skirts, but your bags are amazing. They are so gorgeous.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48JZd0Gbj0

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am loving your post. But with my absence I missed a lot. BTW you make me buy RM bags . LOL we Just had a sapmle sale in NYC and I got 2 ... only ... I have not saved enough $$$ for more LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome! I'd love to go to a sample sale one day, I can only shop them online and while the deals are good they aren't as great as they are in person!

      Delete
  47. Great looks! I love the bags of both looks. It's getting colder where I live now and I wish I could wear outfits like this.

    A Shimmer, A Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your spring fashion is making me super jealous! I love your printed tops!
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous outfit for a bittersweet day. How cute that your little one lightened the mood though. These are definitely my kind of outfits--denim jackets are the best!! Wearing mine today :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love maxi skirts, they are so comfy and stylish. And they never get old. You can mix and match them with almost anything.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can, they are must haves in my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  51. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...