Monday 11 February 2019

Peplum Tops, Pencil Skirts & Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote | Weekday Wear Linkup!

It's the Weekday Wear Linkup, with some office style!

Keeping things simple for my return to work after a bit of a break, I stuck with an outfit combo I've worn before. Peplum tanks and pencil skirts, easy office style and just what you need after a few weeks leave over Christmas (I wore these mid-January).

What I wore:

black kmart peplum frill hem sleeveless tank pink polka dot pencil skirt | awayfromblue

bird print scarf accessorising Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB Tote bag in moon navy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | black peplum tank with blush polka dot pencil skirt navy mab tote bag with scarf
Earrings: gifted Kmart navy tassel earrings
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl grey tiny bird print scarf (c/o)
Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
Tank: Kmart black sleeveless frill hem peplum tank (new purchase)
Skirt: Cotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this skirt I mentioned how much I wear it with black - the fuzzy polka dots just make black an obvious pairing! I thought the peplum tank and textured pencil skirt would be a fun combo, but still good for a busy day at work.

It was a bit of a weird day, with wind and rain forecast but also quite humid so I added this bird print scarf onto the handles of my Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag in case I needed it later with the rain. It actually started raining just after I took these photos!

With the black and pink, I decided to wear accessories that would match the navy bag for a third colour in my outfit. I loved the tassel earrings and tassel necklace together, both are Christmas gifts. Only downside was that the statement earrings kept catching on my braid. I have to remember to wear simpler pieces when I have my hair braided on the side like this!


Last worn: navy and gold tassel necklace, pink polka dot pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag. First time I've worn the peplum tank and scarf.

Other ways to wearpink polka dot pencil skirt in winter, black ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag and sheath dress.

Perfect for pregnancypink polka dot pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote bag in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote










What I wore:


Kmart navy bird print peplum frill hem tank, grey jersey pencil skirt, hot pink scarf accessory | away from blue

Fashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in hot pink on navy rebecca minkoff mab tote | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | summer office otufit grey knit pencil skirt pink scarf navy bird print peplum top and tote bag
Earrings: Kmart silver tassel earrings
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in hot pink (c/o)
Necklace: For King & Country Priceless Australian coin and crest necklace
Tank: Kmart navy bird print peplum frill hem tank
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

Once again, repeating the outfit formula above as I liked it so much. This time around, with a printed tank and a plan pencil skirt. And a simpler hairstyle, as I picked grey tassel earrings to match the pencil skirt and the blazer I brought along for meetings. Like the outfit above, it was both a humid and rainy day so I didn't add the blazer for the pics, but it really dressed up the outfit in the office. A grey jersey pencil skirt and a grey jersey blazer together looks very formal, even with a fun printed peplum tank in the middle.

Picked a bright pink scarf to accessorise. This crinkle one didn't get any wear during the day with my blazer worn in the office aircon instead, but I loved how it popped on the bag!


Last worn: silver tassel earrings, coin pendant necklace, pink crinkle scarf, bird print tank, jersey pencil skirt, silver bow ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote (above).

Other ways to wearbird print tank and olive jeans, jersey pencil skirt worn two ways, silver bow ballet flats and little black dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote in winter.

Perfect for pregnancyjersey pencil skirt in third trimester, silver bow ballet flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote in first trimester.



Peplum Tanks Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A peplum tank is a flattering option, and it is such a cute touch to have a little extra frill on a basic tank. Paired with a pencil skirt (with a blazer on top if needed to meet stricter office dress codes) it makes a simple feminine office outfit. You can go with something plain, or pick a printed tank for a little more interest and colour.


Weekday Wear Linkup #06


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!






Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




73 comments:

  1. That's a versatile bag Mica, looks super with the scarf tied round. Thanks for hosting today - I do hope the link-up is going well. Have a super week. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great outfits ideal for work. I can't wait for warmer weather - we still need warm coats and woollies here!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such stylish and chic looks for the office, Mica! I love how you've accessorised in both outfits: especially the tassel earrings! They are so pretty! I love how you've tied scarves around your bag in each outfit: it just adds that lovely dash of colour and extra interest! ;) Hope you had a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mica, I love a peplum tank with a pencil skirt for work, great formula! Especially when it's humid, who wants something tight and that traps the heat? Great look. Your tote is pretty and I especially like it with the pink scarf!
    Thanks for the link up!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the style of both of these tops! I adore the pop of pink on the bag of the second look. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice bag!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/02/valentines-day-outfit-idea.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very lucky that you can wear this style of tank to work! So much more comfortable in the heat! And naturally I love that blue RM bag!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lovely outfits as always, Mica:) I love how you wear these cute outfits but still work-appropriate. And I think I've mentioned before, but I really do love that KMart bird tank top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never wore peplum tops until I had kids. They are so good to hide the mum tum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both outfits are stylish hun and loving the peplum top! Have a wonderful week ahead.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the peplum tops. They both look so nice with those skirts Mica!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the first look, I love polka dots and this skirt is so cute!!! Happy Monday Mica, I hope your week is going well!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely bag and skirt, they work well when worn for a office wear or more casual xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have such cute laid back office style! I don't know that I have ever tried my peplum tops with pencil skirts, and you are certainly inspiring me to give it a try! I adore your polka dot pencil skirt and your crane peplum top is too cute. Have a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to give it a go! :)

      Delete
  15. I really appreciate these ideas, Mica. I have quite a collection of pencil skirts which are *not* getting enough attention. Adding a peplum top (which I don't usually go for) is an easy update. Also, I love the scarf on the handbag, not a new idea, I know, but I completely forget about it during the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your lucky you can wear sleeveless top to work. When its warm out. We can't where I work at. Have a great week. I hope your weekend was good. We started to declutter are house.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a blazer in my bag in case of important meetings, but most of the time I can go sleeveless if I want :)

      Delete
  17. The peplum tops and pencil skirts go together so well! They are a perfect combination to wear to work or on a day where you want to be more put together. I love how the scarves look tied to the bags too! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. The coin crest necklace is lovely, and I really love the length of the peplum tank. Wishing you a great new week dear! I am finally back from an exhausitng week. Excited already for a relaxing weekend though, and it's only Monday, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a cute look. No wonder you wore it again. You look great.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved both looks, Mica. This polka dot skirt looks amazing on you. Happy Monday, gorgeous. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love peplum tops, they are so flattering, aren't they? The black one looks very chic combined with that polka dot pencil skirt, but my favourite is the second one, with its gorgeous bird print. I also love the bright pink scarf tied to your handbag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the look of a peplum top. It is so flattering! Gorgeous tassel earrings.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love this Rebecca Minkoff bag! And those polka dots are perfect! I hope you are having a great week!

    Love,
    Laura
    http://www.blogilluminate.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these peplum-bottomed tanks on you with the pencil skirts - they are both extra-special with that ruffled detail and it elevates them beyond t-shirts. Very nice for an office look! I love the colour mix here too - pink and blue and grey is so classy.

    Have a good week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I love the cute little ruffle too, it's a nice point of difference! :)

      Delete
  25. I'm going to call you The Peplum Princess! Nice cool looks here, Mica, guess it's still really hot down-under.
    Hugs, Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I feel like I say this every week, but you have the best bags! That Rebecca Minkoff tote looks like such a good one for work and everyday. I feel like I need a tote like that now!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Peplum tops look great with pencil skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the dots and bird prints and the Rebecca Minkoff bag is so beautiful.
    I also love peplum and polka dots!
    Well done MIca!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. That polka dot skirt is just so pretty!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can't stop looking at that pretty necklace and I see you're going full throttle with the tassel earring trend - they suit you Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I love the look, but can only wear it in the office as the boys can be a bit grabby at home! :)

      Delete
  31. Looking oh so pretty in peplum sweet Mica! I love how stylish yet versatile both these looks are; the definition of babetown for sure :) I love the mix of peplum with pencil skirts, such a mega cute look and gorgeous vibe for casual glamour. The polka dot skirt in dusty pink is such a gem, and I'm loving the hot pink of your scarf in outfit two, such a stunning vibrant shade! In love! Your tassel earrings add such a beautiful edge to both outfits too, so fun and sassy for a bit of day-time dazzle! A blazer is a brilliant final touch to the outfit, I can imagine you rocked that oh so stunningly too! I hope you had a magical weekend and have a fun-filled week with lots of sunshine ahead of you ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love both pencil skirts and your bag! Hope you have a great week!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like both pencil skirts, you look lovely in this style. The top with printed birds is adorable and those earrings are gorgeous. Have a great week, Mica
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like the longer length and looser fit of those pretty peplum tops! They look lovely with pencil skirts and are a great outfit for warmer weather office wear! Hope you have a nice start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brilliant idea with the scarf tied in the bag, you always have the prettiest scarves. I like your dotted skirt too, so good around this time of the year for work. It's pretty hot in Sydney atm, hopefully it will cool down in the weekend as we plan to hit the beach. Hope you have a chill midweek.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has been so hot here too! Was hoping the cyclone might have cooled it down a little, but hasn't by much!

      Delete
  36. wow loved this idea!! thanks for sharing :)


    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  37. such a stunning bag - it looks great in both those outfits dear.
    Looking at your pictures I dream about the summer here xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm loving all the navy details here, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really like that navy birds print tank. And your bag is to die for.
    https://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love all these outfits! They are so cute.
    https://adventureswithcourtt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. That first skirt is so beautiful! love it! I would totally pair with tight black top and nice black heels! Or even red :) Ah in love!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Tying a scarf on a bag instantly elevates any look! Love your polka dot skirt!

    xx Leah / www.leahbehr.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ugh I hate humidity. Peplum tops are so fun, you did a great job styling yours. I use to have a peplum leopard print skirt, it was so fun to wear!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cool pencil skirts, I love both of them and you're always super stylish!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  45. Those tops are so classy! I love these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Obsessed with both of these looks! I love the scarves as cute accessories too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. The bird print top is SO pretty! Tying a scarf to your bag is a great finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love works that are flexible with their work wears. I love the comfort a lot. Beautiful print with the second blouse. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. The pencil skirt is nice
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/02/of-late-i-have-been-enjoying-some.html

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love how you dress up your bags with scarves! I should try that! Both of these looks are so cute! Love your bird print top!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  51. Replies
    1. Kmart have some really cute tanks at the moment!

      Delete
  52. I don't have many peplum tanks, but they definitely look lovely. Both of your outfits are great. I love that you added a fun print in both looks.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  53. It is great to find the style you like and works for you. The peplum top is very nice. Have a great day. o)

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.om

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love both of these looks, Mica! The first one is my favorite. I love those polka dots.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love how cute those peplum tanks are! I love how they look with the pencil skirts too, it gives the look a laid-back vibe but still totally office-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the length of these tanks! Perfect for summer layering :) Have a great week!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  57. I do enjoy a peplum top shape, very flattering! I like the bird pattern a lot, although you can't go wrong with classic black. I think I need to get back into statement earrings - I had some lovely ones but have been doing the minimalist jewellery thing for a long time now. Time to ring the changes I think :)

    P.S. how did I miss you were doing a link up?? I might start taking some photos of my work outfits and join up next time! Is it weekly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's weekly! I'd love it if you could link up!

      Delete
  58. Love the polk dot skirt with the fun surprise of the blue handbag! i hope you're having a good week! it's raining today in Sarasota, but I know the sun will return soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the scarves you have put on your bag, that's so pretty! Especially in pink!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  60. peplum tanks work so well with pencil skirts - what a fun combo!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  61. Very cute outfits, and what a good idea tying a scarf onto your bag so you have it handy in case you get cold in the air conditioning! (plus it looks super cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love your cute looks dear, especially the first one. Simple, but elegant. Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thank you to everyone who linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...