Monday 13 May 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Blue Blouses, Black Pencil Skirts and Purple Balenciaga Work Bag

Wearing a simple colour scheme in two different ways for this week's #WeekdayWearLinkup! Navy blouses, black pencil skirts and my fun purple Balenciaga work bag.

What I wore:

navy peasant studded blouse with back pencil skirt for office purple Balenciaga work bag | awayfromblue

slouchy broken in balenciaga raisin purple work bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram navy studded peasant blouse pencil skirt purple Balenciaga bag autumn office outfit
Earrings: Kmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I love wearing this studded peasant blouse to work. With the tassels at the neckline and the stud detail, I never need to accessorise! It's so easy to wear. Paired it with a lot of black, I think navy and black are always a good combination. I've worn a very similar outfit before here. To make things a little different this time, I switched up the accessories, with the leopard print flats and the purple Balenciaga work bag. Blue and purple is a combo I always love, in any pairing of shades.


Last worn: navy tassel earrings, navy blouse, black ponte pencil skirt, leopard print flats, Balenciaga purple work bag.

Other ways to wearnavy blouse and skinny jeans, black ponte pencil skirt, leopard print flats and sundress, Balenciaga purple work bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ponte pencil skirt in second trimester.


What Fits Inside Balenciaga Work Bag:







What I wore:

navy printed blouse with black classic pencil skirt autumn office style | away from blue

blue printed blouse accessorised with raisin purple Balenciaga SGH work bag slouchy | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | printed blouse black pencil skirt autumn office style
Necklace: Target silver Alisha trinity pendant necklace
Blouse: Target blue abstract floral print shirt
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

The next time I was in the office, I went with the same outfit formula. Black pencil skirt, navy top and purple Balenciaga work bag. I didn't like the photo outfit as much as the one above though - I was in a bit of a rush taking photos so that's probably why. I felt great in this outfit all day, one of those outfits that just didn't photograph as good as I felt! Being my last day at work before taking my long service leave might have helped.

I picked a silver necklace to match the silver hardware on the Balenciaga work bag but it does blend in a little bit with the abstract floral print. Could have picked a bolder necklace.


Last worn: printed blouse, silver necklace, zip detail pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga work bag (above).

Other ways to wearprinted blouse and purple jeans, zip detail pencil skirt in monochrome outfit, black ballet flats and wrap dress, Balenciaga work bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyprinted blouse and hidden baby bump, zip detail pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.


Navy Blouses For The Office Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Navy and black is a classic colour combo, and you can't go wrong with a navy blouse and black pencil skirt for the office.




Weekday Wear Linkup #18


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Style Sessions, Style On The Daily, Fashion FrenzyFashion Files.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

70 comments:

  1. A very elegant outfit. I wear black pencil skirts to my office most days during the summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first top, Mica! I love the stud detailing and the tassel. So pretty! The top in the second outfit is such a lovely print too. Both tops look great for the office paired with a pencil skirt and would also look great with jeans! I love how versatile your pieces are! Hope your week is off to a great start! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were a vlogger too! Something I'm just getting into. I subscribed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had my channel a while, I'm trying to be more regular with uploads! :)

      Delete
  4. Mica, I absolutely love the blue, black, and purple color combination! So rich and brilliant!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have thought the combo was too dark, but it doesn’t look that wax on you at all. What is „service leave“?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh long service leave is an extra leave you get when you've been at a company for a long time. I've been at my company for over 10 years so I get a bonus amount of leave that never expires, on top of annual leave. It let me have 6 weeks off and I still have a lot left!

      Delete
  6. Love both of these blouses! Each look is so perfect and chic for work. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always pretty Mica! A long service leave? I'm not familiar with what that means but I'm guessing you'll be home with the boys for awhile? Sounds fantastic to me!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's it exactly - I got 6 weeks off, it's bonus extra leave you get when you've been at a company a long time. I've been at my job over 10 years so I got a lot of leave!

      Delete
  8. The stud detail on that first blouse is really pretty: both outfits do look really cute as well as comfortable and perfect for the office. I am challenging myself to wear skirts this week and my favorite are 2 jersey pencil skirts!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolute adore that first blouse! What a good idea to wear it with a black skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple looks so good with navy and black! I love your first top with the stud details! Have a great week Mica!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so smart Mica!! A black pencil skirt just goes with absolutely everything, and I just love how professional you look.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute looks! I really love that first blue blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mica the colour of your bag is absolutely gorgeous, very luxurious indeed. I think you look wonderful.

    Hope life is treating you well?

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Mica, both looks are perfect for the office and I must say that such combinations suit you absolutely well! You simply know how to combine pieces together and it is always a pleasure seeing you in the well-dressed way you are always.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both blue tops but that first one is my favourite!

    xo Jules
    www.julesinflats.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your haircut is darling. Love it. The black pencil skirt is such a great base for so many looks including both of these. A purple bag is fun! Happy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That first outfit perfectly shows that you CAN wear navy and black together. Such a great combo!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great. Terrific outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the berry tones of these looks—this made me want a slice of pie! ;)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous look! I love the color of that bag too. Happy Monday!
    Peace!
    Cheryl
    www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both beautiful outfits!!! I love how elegant and smart they are!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're looking effortlessly chic in both outfits, Mica. My favourite of your blouses in the first one. It's such a gorgeous shade of blue, and I love the white trim at the yoke and sleeves! Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a very big fan of navy and black together so I really love this first look - it's seriously such a great colour combo.


    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really loving your blouses here Mica. Such beauties!! You look wonderful.
    Have a blessed week.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hadn't checked my blog in such a long time and I'm just seeing that you got a hair cut. You look so good! I hope you had a lovely weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  26. That purple Balenciaga bag is so pretty. I always love how you style it, and it's such a great pop of colour. I feel like purple is underrated sometimes but it's such a pretty colour. You look stunning in both outfits...love those blue blouses on you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both fab outfits, Mica - the first one is my favourite, probably due to the blouse, which I think is a really great office-y top. I like the silver necklace on the second look. Have a fantastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your recent haircut! Both outfits are lovely, I like the combo of blue and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the classic combinations with the Balenciaga bag. Oh I didn't know you were going on service leave! How long will it be? I hope you have a good leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I only took 6 weeks of it! It was so nice to recharge a little!

      Delete
  30. I used to have a purple bag and loved how it complimented so many colors just like I see in your outfits! I used it so much I wore it out! I think I need to get a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm loving the blue and purple combo! Your bag gives just the right amount of pop of color!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been wanting this bag forever! Never seen it in this color before and I love it. Thanks for the linkup! I didn't know you had them on Monday's :) XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good bag! I recommend it! :)

      Delete
  33. Loving the video with the content of the bag!
    https://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    IG @grace_njio
    other IG @wonky.pots

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always look so good! the purple color makes you bag even better. But for the the most wonderful thing in both of your outfit is the outfit 1 top. it is way too cute!

    P.S. thank for invitation to link up! I joined!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I LOVE your bag!!! Miss doing fashion posts on my blog - you're inspiring me to get back into them. Watch this space haha!
    Hello from Brisbane!

    Love, Jade
    http://wordsandwinewithjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a nice work attire inspiration dear, thank you so much for sharing :)
    I like your Balenciaga bag anyway, especially the outstanding color <3

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|


    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Enjoy your long service leave Mica. I really like the peasant style blouse in the first photo. That is certainly a great bag, just wondered is it heavy with the hardware. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the idea of taking something "casual" like a peasant blouse and pairing it with something as "severe" as a black pencil skirt - what a great look! My fave is the navy one with it's own built-in accessories. That purple bag is beautiful and what a great color to accent the navy and black!

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the color of that bag!! Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am totally loving the navy blue and purple combo:) And love that peasant blouse so much. You look fab as always.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your purple bag looks wonderful with your navy and black. The second look is my favorite because I love a floral print.

    ReplyDelete
  42. That's such a chic and classic color you have there on your bag dear! Love it!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. A black pencil skirt is seriously such a great wardrobe piece!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  44. Although I do like both outfits, I really love the first one. The retro blouse tucked in the pencil skirt is adorable. :)
    Yes! Finally back from a work trip and we had a fun dinner party the other night. Hope you and the fam are doing well, Mica.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such lovely outfits! Love the colours.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a chic look! Love the pop of purple. xx

    Andreea,
    https://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Mica
    I love the second look because its more colorful, dark blue its not a color that >I like with black besides the experts told that is very elegant!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Loving your new haircut! You look lovely. Your bag works well with both looks.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. The stud detailing adds a fun touch of edge to the boho chic charm of that peasant blouse and that outfit is lovely. When did you get your hair cut Mica! It looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! I got it cut a couple of months ago, I donated it :)

      Delete
  50. Love you new hairstyle
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Navy and black is one color combo I haven't try wearing. I love how you added the purple handbag to these outfits. I hope you are having a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a neat top with those fun details! Are they pearl studs?

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely outfits, I really like the blouse from the first look especially x

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  54. The first blouse looks really adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I always love your bags Mica! And you've pulled off navy and black so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  56. How pretty and fun are these blouses?! Navy and black looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Mica, you cut your hair! And I just found out. Hehe. I must say that I really love the short bob so much. It looks so sleek and chic on you. I really love that peasant blouse. And how you made the purple, blue and black work together. :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank you all for your lovely comments and kind words on my post-donation haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi, would u consider selling your Balenciaga raisen bag?

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi, would u consider selling your Balenciaga purple work bag? Please email me if so, I’d be stoked! My name is Eden. Redroxierose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...