Friday 8 February 2019

Striped Tee Dresses and Purple Balenciaga Work Bag

Continuing the theme of blog posts this week and wearing some more new things, two new-to-me striped tee dresses.

My sister had a wardrobe clear out just before Christmas, and hers was a much more successful one than mine. I shared a video of some of the things I scored. I was thrilled to get two striped tee dresses, something I've wanted for a while. I've worn the black one before, but it was the first wearing for the white one. With the dresses from my sister's wardrobe and the bag from my bestie's wardrobe, it's easy to see you don't need to head to the stores when you want something different! Look through things friends or family are discarding from their wardrobes 😂


What I wore:

Cotton On 'Tina' white striped tee dress with studded Balenciaga accessories bag and sandals casual summer | awayfromblue

wite striped tee dress with raisin purple balenciaga work bag silver g21 hardware | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | black and white striepd tee dress summer casual style with balenciaga studded sandals and work bag
Earrings: gifted Kmart silver tassel earrings
Necklace: gifted Target silver Alisha trinity pendant necklace
Dress: Cotton On 'Tina' white striped tee dress in Lissy black / Gardenia (from my sister's wardrobe)
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I wore this for a rare kid-free couple of hours to shop! I popped out to browse the Kmart new year clearance sale. They had all their Christmas stock marked down, and I walked away with quite a lot for next Christmas! I got a trolley full of goodies for $15, and just one of the things in the trolley was a $15 tree. As well as Christmas things, they had a lot of clothes and some toys marked down so I enjoyed getting to wander through the store and even try things on at my own pace without kids in tow! I've already shared the shorts I got, and I picked up a peplum top and some new PJs for myself too.

Kept things simple with my outfit. Just the tee dress, silver pendant necklace and earrings (both Christmas gifts) and then Balenciaga accessories. This tee dress was one of the new with tags pieces my sister never got around to wearing. Worked out nicely for me! I did mull over the pink studded sandals with the purple studded bag, as the bag has silver hardware and the sandals are rose gold. I think they are far enough apart that it worked though.

While I think this dress might be a little too short for days with the kids, it worked out perfectly for a morning shopping by myself, and was nice on a hot and humid day!


Last worn: purple Balenciaga work bag, Balenciaga studded sandals. First time I've worn the necklace as it was a Christmas gift, and first time I've worn this dress from my sister's wardrobe.

Other ways to wearpurple Balenciaga work bag and jeans, Balenciaga studded sandals and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyBalenciaga studded sandals in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Work









What I wore:

all about eve black striped tee dress contrast sleeves purple balenciaga bag | away from the blue

stripe tee dress, Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from blue

awayfromblue instagram | balenciaga purple work bag and all about eve black white striped tee dress

DressAll About Eve striped black tee dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Unlike the striped tee dress above, I wore this on a day out with the kids. This dress is just slightly longer and has a longer hem in the back that made me feel more comfortable wearing it out for a morning of running errands.

Usually when I'm with the kids I'll take a small cross body bag as I'll be carrying the bulky baby bag too. On this day, we weren't planning to be out long and I didn't feel like carrying the baby bag all morning, so I decided to put the wipes, water bottles and a changing kit in my Balenciaga work bag. I was feeling quite happy with my decision until we got to music time at the library - with an entire room full of kids dancing and stomping and running around my poor bag was trampled on a few times (mostly by my boys though!). I think I'll stick with the small cross body bag that fits inside the baby bag if needed for a while longer!

Handbag stomping aside, I liked the way this outfit looked! I love the pop of colour with the purple against the black and white stripes. This dress was so nice on an overcast but humid day too. I kept the accessories simple, no necklace and just my trusty Rebecca Minkoff studded sandals, as it really was too hot to contemplate wearing anything more.

Last worn: black striped tee dress, studded gladiator sandals, Balenciaga purple work bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack striped tee dress with gold shoesstudded sandals worn 30 wayspurple Balenciaga work bag in the office,



Striped Tee Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A tee dress is a lovely easy outfit option for a hot summer day. With lots of choice for designs, you could pick one in your favourite print (mine is stripes!). If you have young kids, best to consider the length of the dresses to avoid any unfortunate moments in the playground! Definitely something you want to try on at home or compare measurements with a dress you already have and know is kid-friendly.


Linking up with Friday Faves, Sunday Reflections, Shoe & Tell, On Mondays We Link Up.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. I love striped dresses, I had a maxi dress but the kids ruined it by spilling some kind of hot sauce on it and the stains never fully went away, but left a yellow shadow, so I had to toss it.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of not going to the stores, but still having something new to wear! :D Both dresses on you look really great! Yaiy for stripes <3

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a nice way to get something new without buying! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey! I can't believe your sis going to discard this awawy, it looks cute on you.
    The Glossychic
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag Mica! I think my heart would have gone into cardiac arrest if i had a bag that nice and it was getting stomped on! Glad it survived and you did too!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tee dress from your sis is super cute, Mica:) And handbag stomping aside, that bag did go well with the outfit I think:D
    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that All About Eve striped dress - it's so cute! And it's always nice when you can snag things that people are disposing of anyways, it's such a win-win for everyone.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  7. The striped dresses with the purple bag looks amazing! Have a lovely weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag is just gorgeous! Glad you got to enjoy a solo day out shopping! What a nice treat!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like so much your dress- sometimes it's so good to receive something from your sister( i have the same)
    I love black and white mix and it's cool that you decide for first time mix this two colors together.
    Mica this bag is awesome xx

    Have a awesome weekend, tomorrow I have big party in company where I work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you can get things from your sister too :)

      Delete
  10. I think its fine to mix hardware like in that first look, I do it all the time, haha. Loving both the dresses. The leather sleeves on the second are so fun!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hand me downs are my favorites. I get many from my cousin and friends!!
    You always have such colorful purses, and they work perfectly with these kinds of dresses!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can get a lot of great things that way! :)

      Delete
  12. That bag goes so well with those dresses. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahhah... Good to know you have already started Christmas shopping. You look pretty in both the dresses..
    www.stylebasket.in


    ReplyDelete
  14. You can never really go wrong with stripes whether it be tops or dresses. What terrific scores from your sister's wardrobe clear out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so lucky that you can get wardrobe additions from your sister and friend. And, oh boy, on the kids walking on your handbag! Sadly, that's the way it goes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you got some awesome find at Kmarts. Have a great weekend. This weekend we are going to start decluttering our house.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got to love those after holidays sales, so many good deals are hard to resist!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fbulous that you got to score items at your sister's closet clean out--- that first striped dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's the prettiest bag, I love the colour too xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these striped dresses, they're my favorite style for the summer! I'm glad you found these little gems in your sister's closet clean out, they're definitely cool, trendy and perfectly wearable. By the way, I'm still obsessed with tthose studded sandals <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty stripes. These kind of shirt dresses are so comfy.
    I agree, sometimes it's nice to shop from the closets of family/friends hahaha

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so nice that you got both dresses from your sister's wardrobe! T-shirt dresses are perfect for summer days and I really love both of these striped ones. The purple bag is a great pop of color. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. A tee dress is such a lovely option for a warm day. I love the stripe versions you styled. I'm sorry your bag got trampled, but it did look great with the dress.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful look! That purse is amazing, I've never seen it in that color. It truly makes it unique. XO, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the perfect weekend summer look! Stripes is so classic and fun.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these striped dresses are lovely and they look great on you. Very pretty sandals as well. That bag is very chic, definitely worth taking after for. I can understand why you regretted taking it out for a day with kids, when it got stamped on in the library and all that.

    I hope you're enjoying a nice and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stripes and balenciaga yes please!
    Happy Saturday!
    xo
    Anastasia
    https://www.natbees.com/a-little-afternoon-tea-gathering-with-maltesers/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't think I ever wore a striped tee dress, but they seem to be made for you, and perfect to wear on a warm Summer days! Your purple bag is just gorgeous, so sorry to hear it got trampled on. Hopefully there's no lasting damage. We are braving rainy and stormy weather here, I am so longing for a bit of sunshine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get some sunshine! It's so hot here, we are waiting for rain! :)

      Delete
  29. Stripes suit you to a T - you look absolutely gorgeous! I'm also loving the tassel earrings - I've got a pair myself and I can never put them down! Really well put together outfit! x
    Marina Rosie x
    https://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both dresses are darling on you! So great that you got them from your sister's clear out! LOVE your purple bag!

    Jill -
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those striped tee dresses are so cute! It's great when you can score cute pieces when someone else is cleaning out their closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. These dresses are perfect to wear in our weather, Mica! They are stylish and comfortable in the heat! Your poor bag! I had a laugh because it reminded me of when I used to take E to a song & dance activity and the same thing used to happen to my bag! Haha ;) Hope you're having a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, the library rhyme times have a lot to answer for ;)

      Delete
  33. You look so cute in these striped tee dresses. I avoid horizontal stripes like the plague. They made me look wide. Everyone else, like you, looks great in them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This dress is so cute! It matched really well with the bag as well! Rock it, girl!

    ☼ eena / cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really can imagine how much you enjoyed the time without your kids when you wore the first look! I see you got really a cool dress from the closet clearance of your sister and I like this striped dress and the other striped dress of the second look too! But I understand that you next time when out with the kids you will again opt for a crossbody bag!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I rarely wear dresses. But these strip dresses are looking fab on you. And I am a big fan of your bags. Love them all. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like that bag!! Looks nice and casual! <3 - http://domesticgeekgirl.com/family-wellness/day-1-of-my-3-day-juice-cleanse-with-goodstuff-juices-summer-slim/

    ReplyDelete
  38. These dresses look so pretty! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the bag, one of my favorite colours! And it looks great with all those pockets and spaces <3

    LackaDaisy

    *LackaDaisy*

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a cute shirt dress dear! Simple, yet so chic.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...