Wednesday 19 December 2018

Kmart Tiered Strappy Sundresses And Rebecca Minkoff Darren Messenger

I've been shopping at Kmart a lot more often this year, especially after my favourite local opshop closed. (Americans, our Kmart is what I imagine your Target is, every mum shops there! Our Target is not as good.)

One of the things any Australian will know is that Kmart have these tiered strappy sundresses out in so many different prints. I got a cute black one, and resolved not to buy another, despite them seeming to have a new print every week. I was firm with my goal until I spotted a pink and blue one on the clearance rack, reduced from $15 to $2. So now I have two of these sundresses! I'd like to say I'm content with these two, but they had multi coloured one reduced to $9 the other day I quite liked.... wearing the two I own below with another Kmart find, the silver glitter $8 sneakers!

What I wore:

Kmart strappy tiered sundress in watercolour blue and blush print with silver sneakers pastel pink bag | awayfromblue

blue and blush dress with Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | kmart strappy tiered sundress with silver glitter sneakers rebecca minkoff darren bag
Necklace: long freshwater pearl strand necklace
Dress: Kmart strappy tiered sundress in watercolour blue and blush print (new purchase)
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

This outfit made me so happy. I love the way these dresses swing and they are so light and perfect for a hot day. We had a quiet Sunday, our usual walk in the morning and then some time at home in the aircon before going over to my friends house for dinner and to watch Church Online together.

This outfit just felt so like me! Not just because I like blue and pink together, but also because the pearl necklace was a gift, the dress was $2 and the shoes $8 and then I added a $240 Rebecca Minkoff bag to the $10 outfit đŸ˜‚ Sums up my style perfectly, save on clothes, splurge on accessories! My shoes got a lot of admiration through the day, they are such a fun shoe to wear and so comfortable too.

It was my first wearing of this dress, but given how well my peony pink Darren messenger bag matched the print, you are sure to see me wear the bag and dress together again in future!


Last worn: pearl necklace, silver glitter sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren bag. First time I've worn the dress on the blog as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearsilver glitter sneakers and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren bag in the office.



Rebecca Minkoff Small Darren Messenger Bag Review:







What I wore:

little black aztec print babydoll tiered sundress kmart leopard print flats pink bag | away from blue

black dress and silver bracelet stack with Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony |  away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram kmart tiered strappy sundress with leopard print flats pastel pink bag
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava White leopard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

You might notice this dress fits a little differently from the blue and pink one above! This black one is my regular size so sits a bit higher and is a smidge shorter than the blue one above, which was a size larger and just $2, while I paid $15 full price for this one! I do still love the length on this one, it's still really easy to wear around the boys. I wore this out for a morning at the library, a little time at the playground and then a few errands before going home for lunch.

Since I loved the leopard print shoes with this dress last time, I paired them together again.

Again I stuck with the pastel pink Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag. While there was no pink in the print of this dress like the one above, I still felt the black dress and pastel pink bag worked nicely together. Plus, I'm a big fan of repeating outfit formulas when I like the results, and I loved the first outfit so much it made sense to recreate it with the same accessories and a different dress.


Last worn: black tiered dress, beaded necklace, leopard print flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack tiered dress and ankle boots, leopard print flats with stripes, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag and skinny jeans.


Tiered Sundresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It

A strappy sundress is a summer staple, especially with the current Queensland heat and humidity. It makes it easy to justify having the same dress in different prints when the dresses are as light and floaty as theses. You can get a similar look with a tiered sundress made from viscose. Add a fun cross body bag and you have a simple outfit that will keep you cool.


Linking up with Fashion Files, Fabulous Friday, Friday Faves, Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. These strappy sundresses are perfect for the weather right now, Mica! Both prints are so pretty and what great value! I especially like the first dress: such pretty colours and your bag matches perfectly! Hope you're having a great week so far! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bag and it looks so beautiful with these gorgeous dresses.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you got that dress for $2!!!! What a score. We don't have Kmart or Target here anymore so I'm super jealous. And I think it's fab how you mix high end stuff with low end ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I think you are well and truly justified in getting the second dress for two dollars!?! That's almost free! LOL! Both dresses are so cute! You're making me miss easy breezy summer dressing!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I had to buy it at that price!

      Delete
  5. Wow, 2$? That is a steal. And the outfit looked way more expensive in total.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful you loved the first outfit so much! I'm not surprised as it is really beautiful and I can't believe the dress was only $ 2! I love also the other look, this dress is beautiful, too, and the idea was great to pair it with the leo flats.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute dresses! And you can't beat $2!!!
    It's funny how stores differ from country to country even though they're supposed to be the same. I'd never buy clothes at our Kmarts, haha. Sad that your Target's aren't as good, but at least your Kmart has great stuff to make up for it!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, they are completely different companies despite having the same name!

      Delete
  8. We used to have KMart here (when I was a kid) and Target came and went very quickly. I love the floaty looks of both of these outfits, Mica, and agree with Sasha on how nicely the bag goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you fins such great pieces in the thrift shops, it's no loss to you not having those stores there!

      Delete
  9. I love the colours in this! These are the sort of dresses that you could casually wear out for a day exploring, but then could add a pair of heels to and then wear for an evening meal out. I love the versatile nature, and they're so cute!

    Have a great week :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such chic dresses
    I love it babe

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pink and blue dress is super cute. Also what an awesome find on it. We no longer have Kmart in the states. They went out of business.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame your Kmart didn't work - it's one of the biggest stores here!

      Delete
  12. I think it is nice that you have one that is slightly more fitted and the other that is more swingy! They both look lovely on you! I certainly wouldn't have been able to turn down a $2 dress either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty sundresses dear, especially the black one. Such a cute classic. Pretty contrast with the bag as well.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second dress you are wearing is so pretty and cute!!! I am looking forward to warm days so I can wear mine again!!

    Yiota
    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bag is an utter dream, especially in the blush pink shade; super versatile! I love seeing your summer style when it's so cold over here babe :) Have a fabulous Christmas season!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you wear so many dresses even on casual days, Mica!!
    The pearls and glittery shoes with the first one is such a fun way to give it some pizzazz!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just such a quick option when I don't know what to wear, haha!

      Delete
  17. Great outfit!

    www.thedanieloriginals.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this RM cross body, and both of your sundresses are beautiful. So jealous it is so warm where you are!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a price which can not be beat! I love that your outfit is only $10 with out the bag!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see why you have to get the sundresses! I love the style you look so summery in both outfits. I feel like it's such a breezy dress type and I must say I love the glitter sneakers, super fun! Happy Spring time sweetie :D I want to see more of you in your Spring dresses :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love simple dresses like this for spring and summer! :)

      Delete
  21. I can understand why you Kmart dress made you so happy it is super cute! Happy Holidays!!!
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha! I love that you paired the Minkoff bag with a $2 sundress which, by the way, is really cute. I especially love the black one!

    www.voguefauxreal.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, both dresses are lovely! Aaaaand how cheap!!! I bought a very similar style dress to the first one for a Clara cosplay and it was SUCH a lovely cool dress to wear in the Summer- I wore it so much! I very much like the shape of the second one and the necklace you wore it with is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie! These are both so good for summer!

      Delete
  24. Such cute dresses, Mica!!I love both of them! They look effortless trendy and I'm sure they can be easily paired with sneakers AND some nice middle-height block heeled sandals. I can'r believe the price of those gorgeoous glitter sneakers as well, I want them!!!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes were such a good buy! I'm glad I went back and bought them!

      Delete
  25. SO CUTE! LOVE

    - www.youthofthesun.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky you! I saw these once and didn't get a chance to try them on. Returned and the whole range was sold out and gone! Hahahaha! I've gone back numerous times but there isn't anything I really fancied. There's just something about those prints that make me swoon.

    Have a Merry Christmas Mica and I hope it's not too hot for you all up there!
    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find some in a new print soon - they often bring new ones out, they are all so cute!

      Delete
  27. Such a cute summer dress! I think it looks lovely paired with your pale pink bag.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn’t it the best when you find something that fits your style personality and the price is right?!? It’s a definite win, win and makes shopping that much more greater, lol. You look lovely in your dress. Can’t believe you got it from Walmart.

    Xo
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oops, not Walmart but Kmart! You see how surprised I am, lol? I can’t even get the store right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It's a shame we don't have Walmart here!

      Delete
  30. These glittery sneakers seriously go with everything! I never would have thought to pair them with a little sundress, and they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's hard to believe the blue dress was so affordable. It looks amazing and the print really suits you. I really like how the bag looks with both outfits.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful dress! Blue and pink is such a cute colour combo. I love how you paired it with that chic pink bag. The second dress is very pretty as well. I love both outfits, you look fantastic!!!!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Mica those two dresses are lovely ! You look fab in both of them, these are gret additions and with the pink bag even better.

    ReplyDelete
  34. They are certainly a summer staple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...