Monday 23 July 2018

Navy Tops, Grey Pencil Skirts and Purple Scarves With Trench Coats and Rebecca Minkoff Regan

Pencil skirts are a work staple for me, year-round! It's easy to layer them up a little for the colder weather. My trench coat tends to be a winter only piece, and add some tights and a cosy scarf and a pencil skirt works well for even a cold winter morning commute.

Has to be said though, the days I wore these outfits the weather wasn't that cold. I managed to go out for lunch and leave the heavy coats behind at my desk, as it warmed up nicely by lunch time.

What I wore:

winter office wear navy blouse grey pencil skirt purple leopard print scarf trench coat | awayfromblue

purple leopard pritn scarf, Rebecca Minkoff regan satchel in moon navy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | pruple leopard print scarf winter office outfit navy blouse grey skirt trench coat

awayfromtheblue winter office outfit jeanswest chana navy peasant studded blouse grey pencil skirt
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

I really like wearing this navy blouse with grey, I've done it before here so I thought I'd repeat it again with a grey pencil skirt. I liked the combination. This fun purple leopard print scarf hadn't been worn yet this winter so it seemed like a great choice to add to my outfit to keep me cosy on my cold commute into the office. I really like purple and blue together.

With the navy blouse, a navy bag seemed like a perfect pairing. Again, this is a combination I've tried before, I like the matchy-matchy-ness of it.

As I'd forgotten to get my lunch out of the fridge in the morning before I left the house, I popped out at lunch time to pick up something. It was warm enough that I was able to leave my trench coat behind, although I did keep my scarf on.


Last worn: camel trench coat, purple leopard print scarf, navy peasant blouse, grey pencil skirt, Marc By Marc Jacobs flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel.

Other ways to wear: camel trench coat and dresspurple leopard print scarf and jeans, navy peasant blouse worn two ways, grey pencil skirt and heels, Marc By Marc Jacobs flats and striped dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel and printed skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: camel trench coat in second trimesterpurple leopard print scarf in third trimester, grey pencil skirt in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel









What I wore:

navy macintosh, grey pencil skirt, printed shirt and alexander mcqueen skulls scarf winter business casual outfit | away from blue

Rebecca minkoff regan satchel tote moon navy | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | alexander mcqueen skull scarf navy printed blouse grey jersey pencil skirt winter outfit

awayfromblue winter office outfit navy printed blouse grey jersey pencil skirt tights
JacketJeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
Shirt: Target blue abstract floral print shirt
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Following the same outfit formula with a blue top, grey pencil skirt and purple(ish) scarf.

It was a bit of a different day at work as I was in a workshop all day - thought this jersey skirt in a more casual fabric would work well. I really liked the printed shirt with it, although they were different fabrics I felt the shirt dressed up the skirt a little.

Despite the busy print on the shirt, I added another printed scarf, this time my purpleish Alexander McQueen Skull scarf. I ended up not needing the scarf for most of the day, and when we broke for lunch I left my scarf and coat behind to go outside and catch up with hubby. He was in the city over lunch again, visiting another office. Just like last time, it was good to catch up without kids.

I decided to keep wearing the Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag - I thought it went nicely with both the top and navy macintosh in this outfit.


Last worn: navy macintosh, magenta skull scarf, printed blouse, grey jersey pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan (above).

Other ways to wearnavy macintosh and wrap dress, magenta skull scarf and monochrome outfit, printed blouse and maxi skirt, grey jersey pencil skirt worn two ways, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Regan and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: magenta skulls carf in third trimesterprinted blouse in first trimester, grey jersey pencil skirt in third trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats in second trimester.


Grey Pencil Skirts Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Navy and grey is a great neutral combination, perfect for work. A longer sleeved top, with or without a print, and a classic grey pencil skirt makes for an easy winter office outfit. You can add more colour and a little extra warmth with a purple scarf. Purple and navy are lovely together.



Linking up with Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

77 comments:

  1. I love it when I get the time to catch up with my husband without the kids, it makes me look forward to my lunch break even more.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a special time - because it's so rare, haha!

      Delete
  2. Both outfits look great on you hun, you look beautiful.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica
    You with a winter outfit and I with a high summer look ahahahh
    I prefer the second look, it's more colorful, with the pop of color that the scarf gives the whole set.
    And I'm also in love with pencil skirts, I think a woman looks very elegant with them, as well as being the most appropriate piece of clothing to work in an office !!


    Lots of Love
    Marisa

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pencil skirts are such great office pieces! :)

      Delete
  4. I love wearing pencil skirts to the office. You look great in yours. It is strange reading about winter outfits as it has been unusually hot here in the UK this year with no real rain for 6 to 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not a lot of rain here either, but definitely winter!

      Delete
  5. You look is perfect babe!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: TOTAL WHITE LOOK

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Regan bag goes with everything...so awesome! And love the grey-and-navy-blue combo, Mica:) Your office outfits are great....professional and still chic.
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! It really does go with so much! :)

      Delete
  7. Very cute office looks! But definitely too warm for the Uk currently

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in blue! Love the blue&grey combination too!
    https://leraseyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous in pencil skirts, Mica! Both outfits look very polished and stylish. I love both of the scarves too. They are both gorgeous and add more colour to both outfits. Hope you have a great week ahead, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so strange..I don't actually own a pencil skirt. But I love the way they look! This one is perfect, and both ways you styled it are fantastic! That's nice you and the hubby got to catch up over lunch. :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a staple for me, I have so many from my full time office life pre-kids! :)

      Delete
  11. I'm really loving the layering and using rich color tones! Definitely cute winter outfits!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love my pencil skirts---to me they add that bit of professionalism. My only issue in the winter, is with leggings I sometimes have issues with the skirt sticking to the leggings. How do you get away from that??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fleece lined tights and I don't notice so much of a problem with them! :)

      Delete
  13. Cute outfits and love your scarves!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still can't wrap my head around how it's cold over there (for once, haha) and boiling hot in the UK. Everything is back to front and upside down haha! I really love your jersey pencil skirts, such a great way of looking smart while still feeling casual and comfortable :) Have a fabulous week!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it's a cold winter here and a warm summer for you! :)

      Delete
  15. I can't imagine if my trench coat were a winter only piece! I'd freeze to death, haha. I love your blue and white printed blouse, it's so pretty!
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, we don't have snow! This is a thick cotton twill and fully lined too so nice and cosy! :)

      Delete
  16. Oh you have such a pretty scarf collection! And I love that navy blue lace-up blouse in the first outfit. Gorgeous shade of blue and fun details!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe that blue shirt is from Target!!! I really really like it haha might need to go to a target and check it out, looks like lovely quality too!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great find, from their sale a few years back!

      Delete
  18. Two prefect work outfits. I can't tell you the last time I wore a pencil skirt. I know it must have been super nice to catch up with the hubby with out the kids. Hope you had amazing weekend. Have a great new week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tend to see pencil skirts as an office only piece!

      Delete
  19. uau, lovely!!!!

    You look fabulous, this one is perfect an both ways you styled it are fantastisc!!!!

    http://dosedeestrela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That first scarf is so much fun!! And ahh, the Alexander McQueen scull scarf! I always wanted one of those!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such fun scarves! I have quite a collection now, haha!

      Delete
  21. pencil skirts are so flattering to wear to the office! i dress it down sometimes when i want a casual look with it. it's just versatile and stylish at the same time x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these looks and your navy bag!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the jewel tones in both of these outfits! You look great in both!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great styling as always! I really like the patterned scarf in the first pictures, the colours are beautiful!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how your scarf ties everything together in the first look. The pencil skirts and blouses are great combos for work!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that bright pop of blue in the second outfit! :)
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love wearing pencil skirt, in fact pencil skirt and dresses are my all time favorite. You are looking so stylish even in both looks. I love your blue printed blouse.
    Love!
    Have a very very happy Monday <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both excellent office looks, Mica, and great layering here. I love navy and grey as a combo, and the pops of purple from the scarves liven things up. Wishing you a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I think the scarves really made a difference with the extra colour :)

      Delete
  29. I love pencil skirts. My closet is full of them. They're easy to style and so classically sexy. Ha!! You look beautiful in these outfit dear.
    Have a blessed week. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your video is great and your dressed really smart. Love that Minkoff bag the colour is gorgeous and your outfits are perfect. I had a busy weekend myself but loving the start for winter hopefully since it has been warm lately. I hope your having a nice week. :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/07/what-versace-taught-us-about-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful outfits, you look great in both, so nice style!

    Malefica

    ReplyDelete
  32. Isn't it crazy that I don't own a pencil skirt?! Love your pink scarf and your trench coat is a closet staple!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use them much for mum life but I do like them for the office! :)

      Delete
  33. Both of these looks are great. I love the color combinations of navy, grey and violet. It's classic with a pop of color.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always have the chicest bag Mica.
    Love how you always put it on style.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love pencil skirts! Great look Mica! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love pencil skirts, they are so feminine and you look fab!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  37. That navy blouse looks great with that grey skirt, I can see why you like the combo so much. I love the other blue blouse as well. It looks lovely paired with that pencil skirt.

    I can't imagine life without pencil skirts, they are so comfortable, aren't they!

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such good options, I am glad I have so many in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  38. This post makes me miss wearing my pencil skirts--I love how you style yours! My office is pretty casual though, I wouldn't be comfortable wearing one most days. I love how you add layers to make them work for cold weather, and I especially (as usual) love your pretty scarves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine fit in perfectly in the business casual office!

      Delete
  39. I love pencil skirts, so feminine, and that bag is super cool, must have one! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. I also love the way your navy blue bag matches your navy blue top. Your trenchcoat is very beautiful as well. Beautiful layering with both outfits. Stay warm and have a wonderful week. You wear the pencil skirt beautifully!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your scarves are so amazing. I love the color is adds to your looks and that grey skirt is a great addition to you wardrobe!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  42. Can I have your scarf please? It looks so nice, the color is brilliant!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! They are great scarves! :)

      Delete
  43. Your outfit is so pretty! I also like the bag and especially its color!
    xoxo
    Lara

    www.verylara.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. love your handbag! its so pretty

    http://www.claresloves.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think I match my scarves to my outfit too much when I should try complimentary colors like you did here. It makes the scarf stand out more and adds a new dimension to the outfit. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I'm glad i could give you another idea for scarves, but you wear yours so well! :)

      Delete
  46. You look beautiful in all your looks! :) Lovely scarves.
    www.thefancycats.pt

    ReplyDelete
  47. The bag is quite beautiful and I like how you styled your outfit with the scarf. I love it when you don't need heavy outerwear to enjoy lunch. I wish you a lovely week.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice being able to shed my layers at lunch time!

      Delete
  48. Ah we must be on the same wave length, I am thinking of wearing a pencil skirt tomorrow. A black one with a stripped tee. All your your looks are great and can do double duty for work or play.

    Allie of
    www,allienyc,cim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wore that combination recently! It's a good one! :)

      Delete
  49. That's a really pretty purple scarf! Loving it, Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is such an edgy combination dear. Loving the layers, great work look!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Naby and grey are fab together - it's good to have a go-to colour combo when you need to get dressed quickly right? :D How nice is it to have some time with hubby on your own - these days it's so chaotic that popping to the shop to get some groceries without the kids is considered a "date" haha!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's incredible how even mundane time together can feel so different when you're alone for a change!

      Delete
  52. Also pencil skirts look so professional :)
    I have to admit I have not worn mine in a while because I think they don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these has an elasticated waist, which I'm grateful for, haha!

      Delete
  53. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...