Friday 24 August 2018

Brisbane Bloggers Brunch 2018 Vlog! Plus Jewel Toned Tops and Skinny Jeans Outfits

With two busy days planned, I went with a casual and comfortable outfit formula. Skinny jeans and jewel toned tops, accessorised with Rebecca Minkoff Love bags and some cosy scarves. I included a vlog of one of the days below, it was so much fun and a different kind of thing from what I'd normally do so I hope you enjoy watching it.

What I wore:

Blogger event outfit jeanswest chana navy blouse grey skinny jeans coral rebecca minkoff love bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue bloggers brunch skinny jeans outfit navy peasant boho blouse rebecca minkoff love bag
ScarfSeed Heritage Paisley print snood
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral

Why I wore it:

I wore this to the Kids Business Brisbane Blogger's Brunch! I've been invited along to a few of them, but this is the first one in Brisbane, and as I didn't have anything else planned for the day I decided to go. I was a little nervous about it all, so I stuck with pieces I knew I'd love. This cute boho blouse, my favourite grey skinny jeans and my cute little Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag, as I was able to go kid free for the day.

The purpose of the brunch was to meet and get to know some brands, a few which I have had the pleasure of discussing projects with so you might see them pop up in future. You can view the video below for all the fun of the day - including what happened when I used power tools! Multiple power tools! 😂

It was a warmer day than expected so I definitely didn't need a jacket, I even regretted the cosy scarf a couple times, but the venue was air conditioned so I didn't mind too much once I was inside.


Last worn: navy blouse, paisley print snood, grey skinny jeans, metallic ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff coral Love bag.

Other ways to wearnavy blouse worn two ways, paisley print snood and shift dress, grey skinny jeans and monochrome outfit, metallic ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff coral Love bag and a blazer.

Perfect for pregnancy: paisley print snood in second trimester, metallic ballet flats in third trimester.


Brisbane Bloggers Brunch Event Vlog:




Sharing all the fun of the event, including more about what I wore and what's in my bag.




What I wore:

teal henley skinny jeans parrot print scarf rebecca minkoff love quilted bag winter style | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey quilted leather | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram SAHM style teal henley parrot print scarf black skinny jeans
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl parrot print scarf (c/o)
TopJeanswest 'Aubrey' pintuck yoke henley in deep teal
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Another busy day, with again a few kid free hours. It doesn't happen often so hubby and I took advantage by powering through a to do list, with a bit of driving around. Again, it was a warmer day so I didn't need a jacket. The fun parrot print scarf (another one I got for my Fashion Scarf girl brand rep role) was just the perfect piece with the rich teal henley. I loved the colours in this outfit.

Unlike the outfit above, I kept things simple with my handbag and went with my neutral Rebecca Minkoff grey Love cross body bag instead of a colourful one, letting the scarf be the extra colour and print in my outfit.


Last worn: teal henley, Prima skinny jeans, Walnut Melbourne flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. First time I've worn the scarf on the blog as it's a recent (c/o) addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearteal henley and silk skirt, Prima skinny jeans and foil print tee, Walnut Melbourne flats and fit and flare dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyteal henley in second trimester, Prima skinny jeans in second trimester, Walnut Melbourne flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in third trimester.



Jewel Toned Tops Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Jewel toned tops go great with denim! The neutral skinny jeans I'm wearing here are a perfect choice, and you can always add a further touch of colour to your outfit with accessories. Could be a bright bag like the coral one with the navy top, or the parrot print scarf with the teal henley.




Sale Alert!


Mater Nappies is participating in the Aussie Baby Collective sale – on now until midnight Monday! I had the pleasure of meeting some of the team at Mater at the bloggers brunch, so thought I'd pass this discount code on.



There’s a 30% discount off cartons of Mater Nappies – Crawler (Size 3) or Toddler (Size 4) in the sale - that’s a saving of over $16 per carton (i.e. a free pack of nappies)!

To purchase, visit the online shop and enter code ABCFUN at the checkout stage.




Linking up with Weekend Linkup, Lizzie In Lace, Fancy Friday, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. That peach bag is so nice! I'm loving dressing a bit more casually at the moment, sometimes I just feel more like me! Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) I love dressing casually - much more practical for running around with the kids!

      Delete
  2. Love the coral bag! I haven't seen one in that shade before, it's really pretty!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful bag in a great shade!

      Delete
  3. I am loving those purses! Would they work as a cross-body purse as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! As you can see in the video I wore the coral one crossbody most of the time, and I'm wearing the grey one crossbody in these pics :)

      Delete
  4. Cute RM bags! I can stare at them all day long. I did buy the belt bag I mentioned to you a week or so ago only to return it. The straps didn't have enough holes to get it around my waist. Total bummer! Love the jeweled shirt you are wearing on the first outfit. I love the darker hue and the jeweled embellishments are a nice addition to add to an otherwise simple shirt. It looks great paired with your peach bag. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and happy Friday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame the belt bag didn't work out for you! Hopefully you can find another one soon!

      Delete
  5. The blogger's event looks so much fun! Good to see you in a smaller bag and know what's inside. Love these looks, the second scarf is really neat. Hoping it won't rain too much this weekend since we plan to see the Japanese garden. Wishing you have a fun weekend.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercy! Hope you got to the gardens!

      Delete
  6. You can't go wrong with skinny jeans and a richly coloured top in my book - it's a good way to be casual but also look perfectly pulled together.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looks so gorgeous! I liked the second scarf
    have a lovely weekend dear ♥

    www.abdelkhalekleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get so much done when you don't have the kids tagging along.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It was a productive few hours!

      Delete
  9. Oh how fun that you had a bloggers brunch! It's always nice to talk shop with people who know the lingo! And loving both your outfits here. Very classic and chic!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so great catching up with others!

      Delete
  10. What a fun event, Mica!! I need to get out and attend more like these. I just don't think there are that many in my area!
    And that colorful bag is my favorite---it adds a nice pop to the outfit!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been making a real effort to go to more events this year! :)

      Delete
  11. I really like skinny jeans on you, you should definitely feature them more often! xx

    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger event are so much fun. I haven't been to one in years. I can't wait to see what brand your are going to be working with. BTW the teal top looks amazing on you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I do have a couple I'm talking to as well as Mater.

      Delete
  13. Yep, whenever I'm going somewhere where I might feel nervous I always go for jeans because they make me feel comfortable and safe. Funny how a piece of clothing can do that
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such a good fall-back option!

      Delete
  14. That blouse it's so pretty !
    I'm a new follower ❤️
    xoxo,

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mica, cute cute! I adore both looks and I adore the arm candy:) I enjoy stacking my bracelets as well.The scarves add a fresh and chic touch to each look. Beautiful ensemble!

    I pray you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfits! A blogger brunch sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! As you can see in the video, it was so much fun!

      Delete
  17. The blogger brunch sounds like fun! I know what you mean about being nervous. Those things make me equal parts excited and nervous. You look great in both looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mica
    I was thinking that you were upset with me and without knowing why, I felt a certain coldness of treatment and I thought that you were avoiding me so I decided not to come and comment on your blog. But as you commented mine is because it must have been some misunderstanding on my part, I apologize.

    I'm happy to know that new projects will appear here on the blog. I'm dying of curiosity, I always like to see people evolve in their careers.

    As for your looks you are lovely in both. I love skinny jeans. and scarves around the neck is a successful formula.
    have a great weekend
    Kisses


    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry you thought that - I hope you know after my last comment on your blog that isn't the case, I was just really busy with my boys being unwell and one being in hospital so couldn't comment as much as usual.

      Delete
  19. You look amazing in teal/turquoise - you need more of that in your closet! How fun to meet up with some other bloggers! I wish my city wasn't so hard to get to (being on an island).

    Have a wonderful weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I do like these colours on me :) And I did have a lot of fun!

      Delete
  20. I hope you had a great time at the brunch. Your outfit looks amazing and you look so good in skinny jeans.
    Happy weekend my friend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As you can see in the video, it was a lot of fun! I had a great time!

      Delete
  21. You look adorable in these two outfits!

    Lesley Kim

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love both of these outfits. I really love the color of that coral bag and how you styled those grey jeans. That top is is so pretty with it and I love the bleached out look on the sides of the sleeves. You 2nd outfit is nice as well, just love that scarf.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! The sunlight was just shining through on the sleeves, hehe!

      Delete
  23. Both outfits are lovely.I really like the one you wore for Brisbane bloggers brunch. That scarf is really cute and it is good that it came in handy once you got in an air-conditioned space.

    The second outfit looks so cute and well put together. That teal top is so perfect for you, this colour looks fantastic on you. Great jeans too! It's nice you managed to go for a little drive. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking this stylish in casual outfits is an art not anyone can master ;) You look great and I love how you accessorize your outfits!!

    Scent of Summer

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! That blogger brunch looked so awesome! I would've just stayed in that Nintendo booth and ate all the yummy food in the meantime...heehee...and that Ryobi workshop is something I would totally do. You did great:)
    PS Love both outfits, of course:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! thank you! I'm impressed I gave it a go and they made it easy! :)

      Delete
  26. Your blue top and coral bag look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That brunch looks so fun, I love your scarves
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful jeans
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/08/how-to-start-blog-5-easy-steps-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank you for your comment. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jewel tones look fabulous on you, Mica! Both outfits suit you so well. That parrot scarf is so fun and looks lovely against the teal. Hope you've had a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful scarf, the colours work so well with green!

      Delete
  31. Love both of these fall looks! I have same bag in tan and love it. That brunch sounds amazing!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You really do know how to make casual looks look so classy! Your skinny jeans are lovely, I do find it hard to find jeans that fit my legs well but I was over the moon when I found some recently in Next UK :)

    I'm glad you had a great time at the bloggers brunch, it sounds like so much fun Mica!

    Hope you're keeping well,

    Lots of love,

    Laura xo
    #SheHearts www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love these jeans from Jeanswest, an Aussie store! As you can see in the video, it was so much fun :)

      Delete
  33. It's really strange but despite knowing they quite obviously happen, I kind of forget other countries have blogging events too so it's nice to watch your vlog and get a bit more insight!

    Also I own so many pairs of skinny jeans! You just can't go wrong can you?

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the video was interesting for you! It was a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  34. Loving the peach bag! So cute and makes me think of autumn. You looks so warm and cosy and I really like colours you picked in the first outfit, they work so well together. Looks like you had a lovely time at the event. Thanks for sharing beaut xoxo

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I really liked how the bag and top went together! :)

      Delete
  35. hi gal, I love both outfits quite a lot. the scarf is super beautiful. I love such a brunch there is just much one can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look wonderful, coral is my favorite color and that pop of coral is a perfect addition.www.fashiontrendforward.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. that peach tone handbag is so cute x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sometimes it is really a good recipe to stick to pieces we know we love and the look for the blogger's brunch is the best proof! I love you in both looks - you can wear skinnys perfectly!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mica, you are adorable! I love what you wore to your Bloggers Brunch - and that sounds like FUN! I think scarves are such a great addition to casual, cozy outfits and your scarves are so pretty. It's nice to have a few kid free hours, I bet when you got back they were so happy to see you!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann! They really were! :) I missed them!

      Delete
  40. I absolutely love your peach bag dear. So cute with your outfit.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great! Love both of the looks. The second one with scarf looks so cute on you! Brunch is always great option to meet bloggers and brands!

    Xoxo Babita
    http://travelhues.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. This looks like you and everyone else had so much fun at this event! I love the outfit you chose to wear and that purse is gorgeous. I think you definitely made a functional cheese board! Nice job!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I'm really proud of it, haha! It was fun playing with the power tools!

      Delete
  43. That sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't been to a local blogger event in a long time. I love what you wore too--the pretty details in that navy top are perfect. I love the parrot print scarf too, that's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun - I don't always get the opportunity to go, but I'm glad I went to this one!

      Delete
  44. Comfortable looks are often the best. I love both of these looks, but the second one is my favorite. The bright top makes a lovely statement.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks all for your lovely comments - glad you enjoyed seeing the brunch vlog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yes, your formula works Mica and you could never go wrong with that RM bag-

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely outfit. I will take a look at your video next. I bet you had a great time. Thanks for stopping by during the holidays, I am just catching up. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...