Monday 13 August 2018

Printed Shirts, Colourful Pants and Ankle Boots With Rebecca Minkoff MAB

Do you ever hit that point in a season where you're just over it, uninspired and dreaming of other weather? I hit that point in winter recently. I was cold and uninspired so I defaulted to my go-to outfit of jeans! The beauty of working in a business casual office environment is the ability to wear jeans through the week. Well, burgundy pants and a pair of grey jeans. Add some ankle boots, cosy scarves, and printed shirts and it's easy office style for winter.

What I wore:

burgundy and mint winter business casual office trench coat scarf outfit | awayfromblue

rebecca minkoff soft grey MAB bag worn on crook of arm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram camel trench burgundy pants ankle boots and mint stripe shirt outfit
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
ScarfForever New skye foil feather scarf in berry / gold (on sale!)
Shirt: Target mint stripe shirt
Pants:  Jeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesAsos leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

I usually plan my outfits the evening before I wear them. I'm not always organised enough to plan much further in advance! The night before I was cold, tired and wanted something easy. These burgundy pants are warm, and I've worn a very similar outfit before. The tan boots, camel trench and burgundy pants just work perfectly together, especially with the burgundy scarf and the neutral Rebecca Minkoff MAB. I've worn all these pieces together previously here, but this time for something different I picked another top. Again, mint and burgundy is a colour combination I've tried before, although it's the first time I've worn this shirt with the pants.

I really liked this outfit - being a combination of colours and pieces I've tried before, I knew I would, and it was just what I needed for an otherwise uninspired day. You know an outfit's good when your boss stops you in passing to comment on how much they love it!

I did manage to somehow spill multiple meals on myself so my outfit got progressively worse through the day, but otherwise it was a great outfit and a good day. Realising I'd spilled my drink over both my top and my pants after presenting a meeting wasn't a highlight (I missed my sleeve in the clean up and just noticed the pants!) but thankfully no-one said anything, if they did notice.


Last worn: camel trench, burgundy feather foil scarf, mint stripe shirt, burgundy pants, Chelsea boots, Rebecca Minkoff MAB.

Other ways to wearcamel trench and fit and flare dress, burgundy feather foil scarf and little black dress, mint stripe shirt and denim shorts, burgundy pants worn 2 ways, Chelsea boots and floral dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAB and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench in first trimester, mint stripe shirt in second trimester, burgundy pants in second trimester, Chelsea boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAB in third trimester.


Wear And Tear: Rebecca Minkoff MAB




What my MAB looks like now, after 5 years of wear!




What I wore:

navy macintosh, purple skinny jeans, mixed print shirt and skull scarf, RM MAM bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram magenta scarf purple jeans mixed print shirt and navy mac coat colourful winter office outfit
JacketJeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
ShirtJeanswest 'Ruby' mixed print shirt
PantsJeanswest 'shale' super skinny jeans
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Another outfit following the same outfit formula - printed shirt, cosy coat and colourful pants. I like that these jeans are a muted purple-y grey colour, they don't look as obvious as blue denim but are still just as comfortable. While jeans are definitely not frowned on during the week (and you see a lot of blue denim around mid-week in the office) I only pick these jeans to wear on quiet days where I won't be presenting much.

We had a busy day, I was working on another initiative outside of my usual work with a smaller group, so the casual jeans were perfect. Comfortable too.

With the mixed print on this shirt I wasn't completely sure what scarf to go with, went with this magenta one in the morning at the last moment as I liked the colour it added with the navy macintosh. It was actually a warmer start to the morning - a sign winter is coming to an end! - and I debated leaving the scarf behind. I was able to leave my macintosh at my desk when we all went out for lunch, such a warm afternoon. The little exposed ankles I had from rolling up my jeans didn't make me as cold as when I did the same thing in the first outfit above!


Last worn: navy macintosh, purple skull scarf, mixed print shirt, shale skinny jeans, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff MAB (above).

Other ways to wearnavy macintosh and fit and flare dress, purple skull scarf and polka dots, mixed print shirt and metallic jeans, shale skinny jeans and blazer, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff MAB worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancypurple skull scarf in third trimester, shale skinny jeans in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAB in second trimester.



Colourful Pants Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

In a business casual office, you have a lot more options when it comes to workwear. You don't have to stick to classic black pants, and can experiment more with cuts like wide legs, culottes or skinnies. You might even be able to wear a pair of jeans like I have in the second outfit. Colourful pants are a nice way to stay warm in winter while keeping cosy at the same time, especially when paired with ankle boots and scarves.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Style On The Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. awesome looks, ankle boots are everything!

    https://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colour combo of both of these outfits, Mica! I love the burgundy scarf and pants in the first outfit and the mixed print shirt and navy jacket in the second outfit, with the bright scarf. The soft grey bag works so well with both outfits. Are you going to the EKKA this year? We aren't going, but it's nice to enjoy a holiday anyway! Hope you have a lovely EKKA holiday with your family, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I did enjoy the Ekka holiday. I felt the boys were a bit young to go, but I did volunteer there for half the day on Tuesday :)

      Delete
  3. You always have the most stylish bags! Love the looks!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great looks! The bag has worn so well! Have a lovely week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has worn well, so happy with it!

      Delete
  5. Ankle boots are such a blessing when the weather gets colder and I love the length of your coloured denim with these ankle boots, they work so well together! Hope you have a fabulous week ahead :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! I agree, ankle boots are frequently worn pieces over winter for me!

      Delete
  6. Love both of these cozy layered looks! I am getting excited for fall over here in the states. I need to recreate both of these outfits.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some outfit inspiration for cooler weather!

      Delete
  7. That burgundy and camel color combination is so eye catching Mica!! And I had to laugh when you talked about spilling---it's life, I always figure. No one out there hasn't done that....
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I think I just do it a little more than others, so clumsy!

      Delete
  8. Cute outfits and love that bag!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag can go with any outfit! I like it :)

    xx Alyssa | Style Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I'm with you on being fresh out of creative ideas for the current season. I love summer and don't want it to end, but I also don't feel like I have anything new and interesting to share, either! Love the rich color palettes you selected for these winter looks! And your scarves always do a great job of bringing the look together.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get like that near the end of a season - no matter what season it is, haha! :)

      Delete
  11. The mint and burgundy is such an awesome colour combo, Mica. And when an outfit works, it just works, eh? You look great in both.:) And thanks for that MAB bag vid. That bag has really held up well over the 5 years! Wow! I like the slouchiness as it got older, and that's great to see the colour has held up well. I should really start being more careful with my bags like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! I am pleased with how well it's held up!

      Delete
  12. Love ankle boots, great combination there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I love all the burgundy in the first look! And then that bright pink in the second!
    I've kind of hit that point for Summer. It's been so hot that I haven't wanted to wear anything.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a common feeling near the end of a season I think! Although for me it's the cold making me uninspired, ha!

      Delete
  14. Oooo I just love that burgundy outfit!! So gorgeous, has me dreaming of FALL!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing outfits and tips! ❤

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    New post: What To Style | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving the burgundy and mint combination! It's such an unexpected combination, but really looks nice together! I can see why you got so many compliments! Hope you are having a wonderful week! We are in transition and staying with my parents before moving into our new house Friday. It will be a busy week for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Hope the move went well!

      Delete
  17. Happy Monday Mica, both winter looks are cozy and super cute! I adore how you layered with a trench and you chose the perfect layers of clothing underneath. It created an effortlessly stylish look!

    I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I plan to start the week on the tennis court! Have a blessed day!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes, I think it happens to everyone. We run out of ideas, or we feel too cold or too hot, and then we rely on our classics. Nothing wrong with that.

    I love how you styled your jeans. I especially love the burgundy jeans in the first outfit. So gorgeous! They are a great fit and they look perfect on you. Printed shirts are such a great way to infuse colour into our outfits. You look great. Lovely style inspiration!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana. It's true, I think it happens to everyone!

      Delete
  19. I love the burgundy, blue, and tan combo! I would have never guessed you were feeling uninspired. So pretty!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Mica
    I am also like you, when there comes a certain moment of winter when I can no longer with the clothes, I am uninspired, and the clothes annoys me, I get tired of it !! And burgundy is such a statement color. I like both looks be careful to dont spill nothing more through your clothes ah!a
    Kisses

    Marisa

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, so hard for me being so clumsy!

      Delete
  21. You look very stylish in the burgundy pants! I just love the color combo in that outfit as it's got that neutral touch. I didn't know it's getting colder there. It is getting pretty hot over here, though, with so signs of rain yet even though I sensed it in the air. The humidity is something else so I've been hydrating lots! I wish you a brilliant week ahead <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So important in the humidity! I'm looking forward to it warming up here!

      Delete
  22. I love wearing ankle boots in colder days. That burgundy and camel color combo looks so beautiful. I love your hairdo as well. Your soft grey bag is so cute. I need a grey bag for me. You are looking pretty in both outfits.
    Have a very happy Monday <3
    Kisses <3
    New post- http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/2018/08/differences-between-being-introverted-and-being-rude.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been wearing my hair like this a lot recently! :)

      Delete
  23. The burgundy, camel and mint combo is amazing! I love - great work on building on your past successful outfits/colour combinations and creating a wonderful new look! The magenta scarf in the second look really makes it - pulls everything together.

    I am very spilly - I keep a small bottle of Folex (look for it!) in my desk at all times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I really liked the colour combo that resulted! :) I wish we had Folex here!

      Delete
  24. Mica, you always have the greatest selection of scarves! Love these!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is usually how I feel about five seconds into winter, since how I 'imagine' winter to style to be is never actually conducive to winter weather. But I love the camel and burgundy together.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes the weather makes a huge difference!

      Delete
  26. Love Love that first outfit. Just saved it to my Pinterest. That way I can recreated it during the colder month. I feel you about being over with a season. I'm looking forward to bring with sweaters out again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning it! Glad I could give you some cold weather outfit inspiration :)

      Delete
  27. I hit that point every winter because our winters last almost six months in Wisconsin! I love those burgundy pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky our winters don't last that long!

      Delete
  28. Love this brown trench coat on you, Mica. Happy new week! xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like navy and fuchsia together. Burgundy and gray is always a neutral color winner! I hope spring comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love both outfits! I think it's amazing that you've had your bag for so long! How do you take care of it so well?
    PerlaGiselle
    iamperlita.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks! it's impressive how well it's aged! I treat them all the same - water and stain proofing spray before I use them and occasionally now and then.

      Delete
  31. Hey Mica! I actually have that redish color pants (shiraz) but I had NO idea how to wear them! Thanks for giving me the idea. And I know the feeling - too long of a winter sucks!

    We are still having a heat wave here in Toronto

    www.petitevie.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, your winter is a lot longer than ours! Glad I could give you an outfit idea with your pants!

      Delete
  32. Great outfits. Love the color combinations. You're so lucky that you have time to plan your outfits the night ahead. I usually can't because I'm too lazy. Haha.

    Joy to the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do it or we would get out of the house even later than we usually do, haha! I am happy to set aside a little time each night to do so :)

      Delete
  33. Love the color combination of the first outfit! the bag neutralizes the whole look.

    Sheena | www.sheenalovessunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am never excited about one type of dressing, so I never get bored either. All has its advantages, I guess.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! That way you get to enjoy whatever you're wearing and just live in the moment! :)

      Delete
  35. both outfits look so cozy! I can't wait for colder weather x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Haha, I have hit that point with summer. I wan to be able to wear everything you're wearing! I absolutely love your scarves and I really want a pair of burgundy pants like yours.

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yet I'd happily swap weather with you!

      Delete
  37. Obsessed with both of these gorgeous outfits, looking like such a stylish winter wonderland queen in both Mica! I'm with you on feeling uninspired with a season, I get this a lot during autumn and winter because I'm much more of a summer girl. I usually end up just wearing the same old boring jumpers and leggings combo so you've definitely inspired me to get more creative later on this year when we have A/W <3

    Looking like pure babetown in burgundy, I adore the tan boots with the burgundy jeans and scarf, seriously stunning! I love that your boss complimented you on that outfit, too right as well for you look absolutely gorgeous :) I love the magenta and navy tones of your second outfit, all the colourful cuteness! I also love how your office has a casual environment, that's so brilliant. All offices should definitely follow suit! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophie, glad I could give you some autumn. winter outfit inspiration! :) I'm am pretty lucky having such a relaxed dress code in the office.

      Delete
  38. I know what you mean- I definitely hit a point each season where I just get tired of what I'm wearing and need to shake it up! Loving your scarves here, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  39. ah I forgot about scarfs! Its been summer here and now I want to bust some out!!

    4allthingsdisney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the chance to do so soon!

      Delete
  40. This is a lot like my winter formula too. It looks great in both cases. I especially like the burgundy jeans.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  41. I first need to say that i just LOVE your lipstick and makeup in these pictures! they're so pretty! I love the burgundy and totally think it's a perfect color for fall!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I'm trying a new lipstick. Still not sure I'm used to such a bold colour!

      Delete
  42. Hi Mica!
    You are making me excited for Fall! You do so well with layering, I look forward to it. Love the mix of burgundy and camel, looks wonderful on you. I have not owned a MAB from RM but I do love the smushy leather :-)
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I feel like i need to be DONE with this year ! What can i say ?
    You did an amazing job in that first look with the burgundy jeans and matching scarf with that cool trench... down to the hair and lipstick !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the later part of the year goes better for you Lorena! :)

      Delete
  44. Thanks all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...