Wednesday 18 November 2015

Frocktober: Blue Printed Dresses - Work and Weekend with Gold Necklaces

For the final days of the Frocktober challenge, I'd saved some of my favourite blue dresses to wear. I'm sharing dresses 29 and 30, for work and weekend. I wore them both with gold necklaces!

What I wore:

Away from Blue | Spring Second Trimester Office Wear Aztec print dress ankle boots

AwayFromTheBlue blog | Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown
JacketJeanswest Cassandra jacquard jacket
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
DressJeanswest Aztec print dress
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this jacket (pre-Frocktober) I wore it with blue too, and the same accessories! I really like the jacket and the dress, so although they are both 'busy', I wanted to wear them together. It looked much better than the last time I tried to wear this jacket with a blue printed dress I think!

This dress is one of my favourites for work, and I'd saved it for near the end as it fit in the third trimester last time so I knew I'd definitely be able to wear it in the second trimester.

Wore this to MC a Frocktober frock fashion parade at work. Wearing my favourite colour, blue, always calms me and wearing a dress I'm happy and confident in even with a growing baby bump helped me be a little less nervous, as I hate public speaking. All the 'models' did so well, took the attention off me so I could relax a little more and we raised a lot for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, which was wonderful!


Last worn: metallic boucle jacket, gold glitter belt, Aztec print dress, Asos Chelsea ankle bootsMarc by Marc Jacobs Fran.

Other ways to wearboucle jacket casually with a maxi skirt, gold glitter belt and a maxi dress, Aztec print dress in the third trimester, Asos Chelsea ankle bootsMarc by Marc Jacobs Fran with a pencil skirt.


Shop more gold necklaces under $100:



(some of these would be great Christmas gifts!)


What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second trimester SAHM style blue printed maxi dress baby bump

Away From Blue |  Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum purple with blue maxi dress
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
Dress: Jeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress
ShoesIkwetta 'Circles of life' sandals (C/O)
Bracelets: the usual plus House of Harlow sunburst wrap bracelet in cobalt
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

I had to save a maxi dress for near the end of the challenge! It's been a few months since I last wore this dress too, as I last wore it for toddler T's first birthday party!

I wore this during the day, my sister and I took toddler T out for a morning of fun. We went to rhyme time at the local library, and spent a while inside an indoor playgrounds (I carried a pair of socks for me in the baby bag for that, as you have to wear socks). We had lunch together then took a very tired but happy toddler home to nap.

In the evening, I got changed into yet another dress! I hadn't had a chance to wear it during the challenge, was keeping it as one that would work for the office if I ran out of dresses, so it was good to squeeze in a wear. My sister and I went out to see one of our favourite bands we loved growing up, doing their final gig in Brisbane. I've shared my love for Kisschasy before, and they did play my favourite 'Strings and Drums' song as part of their set. It was a bittersweet show.


Last worn: blue printed maxi dress, Ikwetta sandals, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wear: blue printed maxi dress for a Christmas party, beaded sandals with a leopard print dress, purple bag with a black maxi dress.


Linking up with Wednesday Wearables, Pleated Poppy, Style Me Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, What I Wore, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fun Fashion, Weekend Link Up.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

45 comments:

  1. love the colors of the dresses! beautiful as always
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the maxi dress, you look very lovely :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pretty dresses. I love pairing my dresses with cardis it gives it a nice touch :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blue printed dress is wonderfully stylish and unique. I love how you styled it here...you look picture perfect!

    The second outfit is also such a lovely maternal look....very feminine and charming. Special love for that purple bag.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you have truly been making a statement not just wearing dresses for Froctober but in general with your pregnancy. Seems like dresses are THE WAY to go Mica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely the easiest pregnancy option as most of mine are very roomy to fit a baby bump!

      Delete
  6. That jacket looks great over your blue dress. I love that second maxi on you. It fits you really well and shows off your cute bump!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just the cutest pregnant lady!! I love the jacket in the first look...and your maxi dress, when you changed later in the day is lovely, too!! Gosh... blue really IS like your fave! :o)


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Customized Jewelry With Anjolee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep blue is my favourite colour, I have so much blue in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  8. That's a lovely dress! Thanks for sharing.

    I found you at shopppingmycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally cracked up at "Frocktober." Hilariously creative! Those chelsea boots are ADORABLE!! Love!

    Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy link-up!

    -Adriele
    http://www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't take all the credit for that - the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation came up with that name for their fundraiser! :)

      Delete
  10. Such a pretty dress! I love the color on you!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these dress! Blue looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean about busy. I clicked back to your OG post with the jacket and the blue (I call it Chinese porcelain) printed dress. I think the previous one's print was too free, if that makes sense? Like this aztec pattern is more structured, which is why it paired nicer with the jacket. (:

    I'm sorry one of your favorite bands is no more, but how cool you got to see their last show AND they played your favorite song?! I'd said the perfect closing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect ending, although I would of course much prefer there to be no ending, ha! :)

      I know what you mean about the dresses too, I like this dress with the jacket a lot more.

      Delete
  13. I have that House of Harlow starburst necklace and earrings on my wishlist for Christmas! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mine so much! Hope you get it for Christmas! :)

      Delete
  14. I love the maxi dress. Amazing color and print <3

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these dresses! You looks so beautiful!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this shade of blue on you and the aztec print is totally amazing. I love the plum against the blue also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these dresses are fab and really show off your baby bump! :) <3 I love how you styled it, you always pick the best, most flattering accessories. <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a sucker for shorter dresses. Love the print on the first one! That jacket looks so cozy.
    The second is a lovely long dress!

    - Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The print of the first dress is gorgeous! I love the jacket layered over it and the gold belt! You look darling!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww Mica, all I can say is that blue is always making you look even more blooming! But the second outfit.. Yes, that maxi dress is the apple of my eye :)
    And yeah, you're a beautiful preggy..

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so pretty in both dresses! I love the first dress and how you added a touch of gold with the belt. Have a great day, Mica!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love blue dresses! :) They suit you perfectly.
    Greetings from Germany, Leni
    http://www.theblondejourney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both dresses look great on you, but my favorite is the first one :)
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply adorable, Mica! Can I mention your healthy glow? Beautiful!! I love how curve hugging both dresses are. The first one is so boho and I adore your belly in this long dress. <3

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blue is a beautiful colour on you! I love the ikat pattern on the first one. And you're using my favourite bag again!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this dress it looks beautiful on you. Great styling.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the print of both of these dresses. You've styled them so well! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have so many pretty blue dresses! I love both of these--the navy with the shades of burgundy and plum is gorgeous. And look at that growing bump, adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have more blue dresses than any other colour in my wardrobe, ha! :)

      Delete
  29. You look fabulous in these blue dresses Mica. Love the belt too. Bron

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, you look beautiful in blue Mica! LOL at the models took away the attention! Girl, you look lovely! :D Love that maxi!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving all of your gold necklace picks! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for your comments and lovely compliments - blue is definitely my colour!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always find the best patterned pieces! I'm a bit pattern-shy, but I can always see myself wearing the patterns you pick! I love blue too, and it's definitely your color--you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a bit unsure of prints too, but started buying and wearing them a lot more often to try switch things up a little in the office, and it kinda branched from there, haha! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...