Wednesday 4 July 2018

Blazers and Skinny Jeans With Rebecca Minkoff Love Bags

Because I like making things easy, following the same outfit formula of jeans, a jersey blazer and a printed tank. Along with my Rebecca Minkoff love bags. I bought another version in the recent Rebecca Minkoff sale, and this is the first time I've shared an outfit with it on the blog. You can see the unboxing here.

What I wore:

cream blazer, leaf print tank, Nobody Denim skinny jeans with Rebecca Minkoff pale coral small love bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral  | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram cream zara jersey blazer boho leaf print tank
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TopJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (C/O)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral (new purchase)

Why I wore it:

I got some rare kid-free time to go shopping! That almost never happens, I think the last time was just before Christmas! I had signed up for a secret santa 'Christmas in July' gift exchange with some Aussie mum vloggers I've met through YouTube, and decided to take a couple of hours to finish up shopping for the person I drew. I had a lot of fun shopping, and picked up a little necklace for me too that you might have already seen here.

As I was kid free, I decided to take out my little Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag. I thought that the peachy-coral would look nice with the pale peach leaves printed on the tank, but they are so pale they never really show up in photos. I still liked the combination though. As it was much too cold for a sleeveless tank, I added the blazer on top. I really liked this outfit and had a productive couple of hours of shopping too.


Last worn: cream blazer, leaf print tank, Nobody Denim jeans, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats. First time I've worn the Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearcream blazer in the office, leaf print tank worn two ways, Nobody Denim jeans and monochrome outfit, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and blue dress.

Perfect for pregnancycream blazer in second trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats in second trimester.



Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag Review & What's In My Bag










What I wore:

Printed tank with neon pink Alexander McQueen skull scarf jersey blazer skinny jeans | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | away from the blue blog

awayfromtheblue instagram  jersey blazer skinny jeans neon alexander mcqueen skull scarf
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
ScarfAlexander McQueen pink pashmina in skull and floral print
TankJeanswest Florence print long line tank
JeansJeanswest 'shale' super skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit combo above so much, I repeated it again to go to playgroup. I had the boys with me so went with the bigger grey Love bag. It fits my wallet in it, unlike the smaller peach one. Just nice having everything on me ready to go instead of carrying just a few cards like I did for the shopping trip above.

The neon pink scarf was a nice pop of color with all of the neutrals, and kept me cosy in the cooler morning. I took it off in the afternoon though when it warmed up.

It was good to give this tank another wear too - one of my favourites, each time I wear it I worry it's gone too long between wears. I'm thankful for the Brisbane winter weather that means you can still wear sleeveless tanks with just an extra layer like a blazer on top.


Last worn: black jersey blazer, pink skull scarf, printed tank, purple skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff quilted love bag.

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and striped dress, pink skull scarf and chambray dress, printed tank and bright purple, purple skinny jeans and kimono, silver ballet flats and summer dress, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap on Regan bag, Rebecca Minkoff quilted love bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimester, pink skull scarf in third trimester, printed tank in third trimester, purple skinny jeans in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff quilted love bag in third trimester.



Jersey Blazers Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Blazers can definitely be worn out of the office. Try pairing them with denim, they work just as well with jeans as they do with pencil skirts. A casual fabric, like these jersey ones, or a knit one, can help make them more comfortable and suited for weekend outfits.


Linking up with Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fancy Friday, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Weekend Link Up, Lizzie In Lace, Friday Faves.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. Hi Mica
    I love your first bag in color but I preferred it to the size of your second bag. You believe that we in Portugal are in the summer, but I don't know what happens with weather that it's not hot, so in the sales instead of buying a bikini to go to the beach I bought a winter sweater !!! ahahah
    I liked the lighter shades of the first look.


    Big kiss from Portugal

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I hope you get some proper winter weather soon! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG the peachy coral one! That's GORGEOUS! I love the bigger Love bag as you know, but the peach one is the best! How cute is that? I might be feeling some envy right now, ha ha!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute! I love it, such a nice bag!

      Delete
  3. The peachy coral shade is so pretty! Such a lovely bag, and the colour just makes it stand out even more. I love the second Rebecca Minkoff bag as well, but the first one is my fav because of its unique colour. Both outfits are very pretty too. Blazers and skinny jeans is a great outfit formula, this combination can look so cute and elegant.You look great in both of these outfits. In the first one, the bag really draws the eye and in the second the pink scarf. I would say you picked the perfect accessories for both.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! It is such a nice coral colour, it will go with so much! :)

      Delete
  4. Mica your casual outfits always inspire, you look so beautiful in your skinny jeans which fit some perfectly! Love the little orange bag it's gorgeous!

    Recently brought some skinny jeans from Next, they're more legging/jeans because I always find it so hard to find full-denim jeans to fit me well.

    You look lovely and styled beautifully!

    Hope you're well lovely and that you're having a wonderful week?

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Hope you enjoy your new skinny jeans!

      Delete
  5. A blazer + jeans is definitely one of my favorite combos! Love how you've style yours for the office and love both of your RM bags! That's such a great, classic style.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a fun combo, I'd love to try it for the office but it's tricky as I don't work on casual Friday any more!

      Delete
  6. I especially love the neon pink scarf with the second outfit, Mica!! That pop of color is always so fun!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love bright accessories as pops like that!

      Delete
  7. Yay for getting a kid free shopping day. Also
    I can totally see the coral in your top. I hope you have an amazing day.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's such a rare occurance, I really treasured it!

      Delete
  8. I love the peach bag so much - it's so gorgeous! Lovely post Hun :)

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of the coral bag - it picks up the pale peach leaves in the tank nicely (I can see them fine). I was really excited about your fancy black blazer with what I thought were embellished lapels, until I realized that was your purse strap! I love it, thought - it's such a great way to jazz up a plainer bag.

    Your second outfit is my favourite - very rock & roll! Have a great week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It is such a fun bag strap - although an embellished blazer would be awesome! :)

      Delete
  10. You look great in both of these outfits, Mica! I love the softness of the first outfit and your new bag complements that top perfectly. I equally like the second edgier look with the black and grey and the gorgeous pink scarf. Fabulous! Hope you're having a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I am sure to wear the bag and tank again in future! :)

      Delete
  11. I love your new little bag - the color is great and coordinates so perfectly with that blouse!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dusty orange colour, so unique!

    Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the coral I was expecting but it is such a nice colour, I agree! :)

      Delete
  13. So nice and elwegant outfit0 This bag is so so great

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bags, so stylish! I can't pick a favourite I really like both haha!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bags are always lovely as usual! The pop of colour from the McQueen scarf is perfect - I'm after another one of the skull scarves but don't know if the colour next to my face would suit! The pink looks great on you though. How great is it to do secret Santa in July!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! I love the colourful ones, but I agree there's so much choice when it comes to skull scarves! :)

      Secret Santa is fun, I've got my pressies already! :)

      Delete
  16. I looove those bags *_* especially the first one, peachy colour makes it super cute! :)
    Would you like us to follow each other ? Let me know: xshoppingholicx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That new peach bag is absolutely lovely, Mica!! It gives such a nice pop of color to the outfit!!
    And the guitar strap on the other purse....how fun!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you injected a pop of vibrant color into both of these looks. Formula dressing makes life so much easier. I have a similar go to outfit combination I follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! Yeo, it's so much simpler when you follow a formula for dressing! :)

      Delete
  19. I love a good blazer + skinny denim combo!

    Happy Thursday, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like that first outfit with the light tan blazer paired with the darker skinnies. The leaf pattern really adds some nice colors/pattern to the look as well! Ahh, I am always crushing over your bags!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! They are both lovely bags!

      Delete
  21. Hi! I Pray you are having a beautiful week! I adore both handbags and they both compliment your looks beautifully!I'm so glad you got some free shopping time. I'm pretty sure it was great but you missed you sweet babies as well:) I also love how you layered with a blazer! Blazers always add a chic touch.

    Have a blessed rest of the week!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! You're right, it was fun, but so good to come home to my babies! :)

      Delete
  22. Such smart looks! you look amazing in both of them and loving all the pops of colour! Looking summer ready for sure :)

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/joy-cleaning-dyson-v10-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! It's a good winter option too (winter here in Brisbane!)

      Delete
  23. I really do love the style of the Love RM bags, Mica:) That coral one is super cute and such a great purchase. And love the jeans-and-blazer combo. They're outfits that are super versatile for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the blazer, something I would love to wear too. It suits you so well though!

    http://ellainegoes.com/7-habits-to-practice-for-a-more-productive-work-from-home-life/

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a fun colored bag! I don't think I've seen a bag quite that color before and I am sure you will find lots of fun outfits to pair with it! It looks fabulous paired with that top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely a unique colour! I'm looking forward to wearing it more! :)

      Delete
  26. Rebecca Minkoff sells really nice bags! Love that you got to snag one while it's on sale. It's great to treat yourself once in a while - you did great with the bag :).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are so many good sales! ha! I'm pleased with this one, such a bargain! :)

      Delete
  27. These are both lovely looks. You're right about the peach bag matching beautifully with the peach tones in the top and I love the bright pink scarf in the second look. Enjoy your weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the bag and your top in the first photo but I am DYING for that scarf in your second photo. Thank goodness it's Friday (and payday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun scarf! You can never stop at one though, I have so many of these cute skull scarves, haha!

      Delete
  29. I love that top and of course your Rebecca is droll worthy ( as we like to say here in Canada, or at least I do)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Rebecca Minkoff bags! This one looks lovely as well. I think I just need to add it to my collection without an actual reason

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "because it's cute" is why I add a lot of bags to my wardrobe too, do you really need a reason?! haha!

      Delete
  31. So adorable! Way to rock your first OOTD post girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks. I've been doing this for over 6 years though! :)

      Delete
  32. I love this outfit formula and repeat it pretty often in cooler weather too. It just always works! I love that first look especially--the necklace and bag really work perfectly with the colors in that pretty top! Yay for a solo shopping trip, those are rare but wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so wonderful! It was such a productive trip! :)

      Delete
  33. The coral quilted bag is so cute!! This color is so pretty and it can be worn in summer but in fall too!!! So beautiful Mica xx

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely outfits Mica, love the top outfit with the lighter coloured jacket :) Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so cute!! Your outfits remind me of what I used to wear to work, back when I had a job with a dress code!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make nice work options if you could wear jeans to work! :)

      Delete
  36. Chic and smart look you have here dear. You really can't go wrong with this classic combination. Love the simplicity of the pieces, and that subtle but beautiful pop of colors from your floral shirt underneath the blazer.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...