Monday 21 September 2015

Corporate Style: Striped Shirts, Pencil Skirts and Camel Trench Coat

Although I've only been back at the office 6 months, and I'm only in the office two days a week, I've been feeling slightly uninspired with my office wear lately. When I do think of something to wear, I'll happily repeat it again with similar items!

Last week was printed shirts, this week wasn't really breaking away from that format too much, picking striped shirts and pencil skirts. I do like the simplicity when getting dressed, makes it easier to decide what to wear if every outfit builds on something from the previous one.

What I wore:

Away from Blue | Trench, grey jersey pencil skirt, pinstripe shirt office wear

Away From Blue | Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull office wear
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
Shirt: Target mint stripe shirt
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
Bracelets: the usual
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Nice and simple: striped shirt, pencil skirt. Easy office wear. As this pencil skirt is a casual jersey fabric, I thought the slightly more formal collared shirt was a nice pairing, for a day with a few meetings.

The only downside to this shirt, that you can see in the photos, is that it's such a soft fabric it wrinkles easily. Both sides started out nicely ironed, haha!


Last worn: camel trench, mint pinstripe shirt, grey jersey pencil skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs flats, Louis Vuitton MM Neverfull bag.

Other ways to weartrench and a printed dress, pinstripe shirt with jeans and a baby bump, pencil skirt and Converse, flats and skinny jeans, Louis Vuitton MM Neverfull bag with jeans.


Shop striped shirts for the office under $50:






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Trench stripe sleeveless shirt pencil skirt MBMJ Fran bag

AwayfromBlue | Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
ShirtJeanswest Louisa stripe sleeveless shirt (C/O)
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

As I liked the simplicity of the striped shirt and pencil skirt 'formula' above, decided to wear it again, with this newish navy tank. Last time I wore it was with jeans.

I preferred this outfit over the one above, even if I was in a bit of a rush that morning and rather sloppily tucked the shirt in! I think the navy and black is a nice colour combination.


Last worn: camel trench (above), navy striped shirt, black pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Other ways to wearcamel trench outside of the office, navy striped shirt with jeans, black pencil skirt and polka dot blouse, ballet flats and a maxi skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag and a little red dress.



Linking up with Style Nudge, Let It Shine, Modest Monday, Mix It Monday, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, On Trend Tuesday here and here, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

53 comments:

  1. Love the striped blouse--it definitely pairs well with that black pencil skirt! What happened to your knee! It looks a little painful--once I sprained my wrist and had to wear a brace for months, so I know what that can be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a bus accident and my knee took the brunt of it, but it's healing up with a combination of pyhsio and the bandage :)

      Delete
  2. I love that stripey shirt on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wear a scarf to work to add colour to an outfit or to jazz up a top that is a bit plain. Your two outfits look very smart and suitable for an office :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A scarf would have been nice with these! Was a little too warm though.

      Delete
  4. thank you for your comment <3 i really appreciate it!
    Love that bags! and your trench is adorable :)

    Marisa
    http://summersnackies.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those kind of "formulas" interesting. I find myself caught in a rut sometimes because of them. Wearing and pairing the same types of clothing, regardless of print or colour. I am seriously crushing on that stripe shirt and it's from Jeans West! I have to check them out.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great shirt!

      I think it's easy to get stuck in a rut too, I certainly feel I'm at that point, having to work all my outfits around the knee bandage means I feel a little constrained with what I can pick to wear!

      Delete
  6. I'm in Love with this chic and simple outfits. You look great !

    Chaicy recently posted.. Yoga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirts and pencil skirts always match nicely...I like how you matched that denim shirt with a grey pencil skirt for a more casual chic outfit, while the striped shirt plus black pencil skirt seems more dressed up...both both outfits are perfect!!! you look fantastic in both.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting the difference a fabric can make isn't it?

      Delete
  8. If you look at many super stylish women, the ones who regularly appear in the best dressed lists, they're often working the same formula over and over again. (A jean, a jacket, a blouse and a heel according to Moss). Makes getting dressed and buying new things way easier! I do like that Marc Jacobs bag ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it works, why change it? haha! :) Kate moss does have great style - I think it's the way you wear it sometimes rather than the clothes themselves!

      Delete
  9. #2 is wonderful...love stripes. and of course i love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My work wardrobe falls into a uniform a lot, grab a skirt, grab a blouse and maybe a jacket. It does get boring sometimes but atleast it always looks great, just like you!
    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I steal that jacket ! It looks so soft :) And yea, I tend to do the same thing when I get dressed. Except in Fall it's usually jeans and a sweater, haha. Then there are the random days where I go in a different direction ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUCH a great jacket! $40 sale buy a few years ago and still going strong!

      Delete
  13. When I worked in an office, I often followed a similar formula of button down and pencil skirt. It's just so easy! I really love that striped top in the second look!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the pairings wit this coat, very nice dear!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally feel ya. I've been feeling so "blah" about my office wear lately too. Maybe it's the seasons transitioning, but I'm just overall uninspired. Sometimes a simple outfit is what we need to get us through the day. I did some major clean out in all three closets this weekend. Maybe once this weather makes up it's mind, I'll be able to figure things out. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha our weather is crazy here too, it's supposed to be spring but it's really quite cold! Good on you for doing a clear out! I always need to do that, my wardrobe is huge!

      Delete
  16. I really like the second outfit with the chic coat & simple stripes. It's pretty & can be worn to a variety of events or functions. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! I think I'd like a jersey skirt. Comfy yet smart. Also, I really like your stripy sleeveless shirt, but then I've realised I'm always drawn to navy stripy things *mentally checks wardrobe*. Hope your knee is improving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy and stripes are just a winning combination! :)

      My knee is getting better, thank you! Wearing the bandage less and less :)

      Delete
  18. love love love the last outfit, the color combo is beautiful!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  19. That camel coloured jacket is beautiful! It looks awesome with both outfits!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the light styling of your first look, Mica! My fave for the office would be the second one, perfect!! Happy Monday!

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  21. Camel trenches are just a necessity...they will always be in style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I especially love the stripe top here. I really want to get more striped tops for my wardrobe. I feel the same with my outfits at the moment- I've found a few good ones and will just wear them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all get into outfit ruts now and then!

      Jeanswest have 25% off tops at the moment so a good time to buy it ;)

      Delete
  23. I do like those Marc Jacobs brown pumps and the skirt... is that jersey fabric? Looks lovely!
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I don't have very strict office style at my working place too. Good for us, isn't it:)) However, I like your outfits and all the jewellery you put on, both of them are simply, cosy and feminine.
    Wish you a wonderful day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's nice having a more relaxed guidelines for workwear! :) Gives more options, even if I do end up reaching for similar things!

      Delete
  25. I love how you experiment with different materials and styles Mica! That black & white striped top looks great with your pencil skirt.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that Louis Vuitton bag and the striped top♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The muted colors in the first outfit are so soft and pretty, but I am partial to your second outfit. That top is gorgeous and I like the bold stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your trench coat style! You look great girly!

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your coat, it looks really good with rest of the look!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both looks are beautiful. You know, I am such a sucker for stripes, so my favorite is #2, the striped shirt is so beautiful.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute office attire! I always had a hard time trying to incorporate my style for the office and I think you did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both looks are so great and cute for the office! Love that you use print and color to add personality to a basic work uniform :)

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both of your outfits are great but that second outfit is amazing. You need to wear that top a lot. It looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great trench - so versatile. You look gorgeous in that striped shirt. Classic but cool. And your bags! Seriously divine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking with some "formulas" that work and just adjusting them a little bit. I think the blouse + pencil skirt + trench works, it's a cute work look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if it works, why change it? haha! :)

      Delete
  36. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...