Monday 17 May 2021

Blue V-Neck Tees, Denim Shorts, Navy Kimonos and Sorbet Pink Balenciaga City Bag

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup, more outfits for school holiday adventures with the kids! As we had warmer days back in April I kept it simple and fairly monochrome with blue tees and denim shorts, and blue printed kimonos. The sorbet Pink Balenciaga city bag added a little extra burst of colour with all the blue too.


What I wore:

breaking up blue tee and shorts monochrome outfit with floral print kimono pink sorbet Balenciaga city bag | awayfromblue

blue tee, Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: Jeanswest Melanie floral kimono
Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
TeeCotton On The One fitted v tee in washed poolside blue
Shorts: Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet


Why I wore it:

This was a really fun day but required a lot of walking so I wore my comfortable New Balance sneakers to support my knee.

Wore the floral print duster for sun coverage but it was really hot and humid so I regretted it a little a couple times in the middle of the day when the heat was at the maximum. By the time we got to the beach in the afternoon though it was really breezy and I was glad I'd thrown it on top of my shorts and tee outfit.

With the baby blue tee and pale denim Bermuda shorts too the tropical floral print on the duster was a nice way to break up the monochrome look. As was the pink marble necklace and the sorbet Pink Balenciaga city bag. I was a little sad I'd chosen this bag in the afternoon though when one of the tassels snapped off, but it had been looking like it was about to fall off anyway. The bag is 11 years old so one snapped tassel isn't too bad!


Last worn: tropical floral print kimono, pastel blue teemarble necklaceBermuda denim shorts, New Balance sneakers, Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag.






What I wore:

monochrome navy outfit v-neck tee denim shorts printed kimono and pink pop of colour Balenciaga city bag | awayfromblue

monochrome blue tee and denim shorts kimono outfit with pop of pink bag Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | awayfromtheblue


awayfromtheblue Instagram | navy printed kimono v-neck tee, denim shorts and pink Balenciaga city bag

JacketCotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo
Necklace: Kmart rose gold and pink beaded necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Sophie navy v-neck tee
Shorts: thrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet 


Why I wore it:

This was a much darker monochrome outfit, with the navy tee and again blue denim shorts. These distressed boyfriend shorts were an opshop find and have quickly become a staple! Unlike the first outfit, the blue printed kimono added to the monochromatic look so I relied on accessories to break up the blue a little, like the blush tassel necklace and of course the sorbet pink Balenciaga city bag again. It just works so well with blue! Even kept the blue going with my cute little blue Converse Chucks. They were perfect as I didn't have too much walking to do.

Took the kids out to the playground in the morning to run off some of their energy and get them out the house - the problem for my hubby working from home during the school holidays is trying to work from home with the kids making a lot of noise! After the playground we picked up some new books at the library and then went shopping for a birthday present for an upcoming birthday before heading home for lunch.


How You Can Wear It:

A blue tee works so nicely with classic blue denim! To break up all that blue you can add some bright contrasting accessories like a pink bag, or a vibrant printed kimono to introduce more variety to your outfit.



Weekday Wear Linkup #121


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

70 comments:

  1. Blue is such a good color on you and those pretty kimonos are great additions to your outfits. The bag is terrific too - the color and the style are perfect for adding interest. Slouchy bags are a favorite of mine! Thanks so much for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both outfits but swooning over the monochrome styling of the second one! The shorts looks great and I adore the cute Chuck Taylors! Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these outfits are so cute on you! Love the color of your bag! It's the perfect accessory for both of these looks!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the blues and pinks together, Mica! And of course, your fabulous kimonos are both so beautiful! Yay for kimono weather! have a wonderful week, my friend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these outfits! The kimonos are so nice because they can really come in handy when the temperatures dip unexpectedly or if you just want a little extra coverage from the sun. I'm sorry to hear that a tassel snapped off...but you are right. After 11 years, that isn't bad at all!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was to be expected really, I'm a bit rougher on my bags now with kids, the bags are babied less!

      Delete
  6. I always love jazzing up a base outfit with a fun outer layer! You have so many great kimonos!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely! Your blue themed breezy looks are so fun. I love both honestly! Especially with the flowy kimono. Yes to the bit about working from home and needing quiet. I don't have kiddos but cats making a scene in the house are definitely recipe for reduced productivity, and that's why they're mostly outdoorsy cats. The 11 year old bag truly is a treasure and added a fun pop of color to your look. I hope you and your kiddos are healthy and well :) xoxo

    Here in Malaysia, we're back on lockdown. So roads are not as busy as before. Weather's picking up too from the stretch of constant pour we were blessed with weeks previously. Cases here are on the high side and we're now back to eating at home because dining out is cancelled. Hopefully, we'll get to a better place with tighter SOPs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear you are on lockdown again - I really hope things get safer and open up again for you soon!

      Delete
  8. I need to pull out my kimonos this week: a good layer without being too hot. I do like the pop of pink with the purse.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful looks Mica. The kimonos complete them so nicely! I can imagine how hard it must be working from home with little ones, but I'm sure they love visiting the park!!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's tricky for my poor hubby when the kids and I are home and he's working but he copes well! :)

      Delete
  10. You look fantastic in both outfits! I love the outfit with the baby blue top but the one with the dark blue top is also lovely. I know you love blue...and you wear it so well. Blue tops and denims are such a lovely basic look. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are two great shorts outfits Mica-you can't go wrong with the color blue! I think the vibrant multi colored kimono in the first outfit is one of my favorites of yours, and I love those baby blue Converse in the second photo! Hope you have a good week, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become a firm favourite since I bought it - with all the colours it just goes with so much! Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  12. I really like the kimono+shorts combo for summer, it's fresh and comfy but even preyy stylish!
    Your kimonos are both very very nice and I love the contrast with the bag!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both super-cute outfits, Mica! That pink bag has done you well for 11 years - wow, it still looks brand new! Blue and pink is such a fun combination.

    Here's to a smooth week ahead! Thanks so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has aged so well in those years! Aside from the tassels, haha! It's really good quality :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Mica
    I found in my closet some denim shorts just like yours, they are a little wide because at the time it was fatter, but a belt will solve the situation. When I found them I immediately remembered your looks with shorts! You look very beautiful in both looks and thanks for the link up!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty you look in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty you look in this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Balenciaga bag!! What a beautiful hue and those tassels are adorable xx
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blue is your color. Have an amazing week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, that's it, I'm definitely digging out my kimonos. So much styling inspiration in this post. Both outfits are so fabulous.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration to get your kimonos out! They are a staple for me :)

      Delete
  20. Oh you are so inspiring me to get a kimono this summer, I love having something to throw over shorts and a tee.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are so perfect for those outfits, that I wear so regularly in summer! :)

      Delete
  21. I always love your kimonos- I have to start styling mine up with jean shorts too- soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great.. you have so many beautiful kimonos and style them so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The shorts / kimono outfits are a winning combo imo.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you wear both the shorter and longer kimonos!! I'm finally adding to my collection as they are so wonderful in the summer months!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have built up quite a collection of both! :)

      Delete
  25. A great choice for wearing sneakers for a lot of walking, Mica.
    I also choose to use sneakers for my vacation so that my feet are comfortable.

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blue is such a pretty color on you Mica. You are the best at styling your kimonos. Looking absolutely gorgeous. :-) Love your bags so much

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have so many kimonos and I love how you style them so casually—I never know what to wear with mine but you've given me so many good ideas!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some ideas! :) I wear kimonos so much, especially in summer!

      Delete
  28. Love the colour of your bag Mica. Have a beautiful day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love kimonos in warmer weather, light enough to keep your skin out of the sun but not too heavy on warmer days. These outfits look perfect for a summer day! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both these monochrome outfits look fab:) And that Balenciaga bag is such a great pop of colour! Can't believe it's 30 years old...wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh just 11 years old! :) the only 30+ year old bag I have is a vintage Chanel!

      Delete
  31. Hello Mica, I hope you're doing great!

    I'd say blue is your color or one that fits your personality! You always include a bit of blue, even your blog has the name :) !

    I like that both proposals are like different versions of the same outfits, as you said one is more "monochrome" and the other one is like an explossions of colors but balancing with the shades of blue! I'd say my favorite is the first one but both are perfect for the seasons in between :)

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pablo! it is my favourite colour, I wear it a lot!

      Delete
  32. Blue is a great colour on you Mica! Although I'm loving both outfits, my favourite is the first one with the baby blue tee. The pops of pink from your bag and necklace are delightful. Sorry to hear about one of the bag's tassels breaking off, but I guess I could live with a thing like that if I've had a bag for 11 years! It's such a gorgeous colour though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes otherwise it's holding up pretty well for a bag so old! :)

      Delete
  33. Nice choice !  Looks awesome!   

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sorbet color is SO pretty! I love it styled with the blues. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this pretty sorbet color! Great styled with the blues!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love those boyfriend shorts and you always make great looks with kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm loving that pretty pink bag with your blue kimono! Such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That bag have very beautiful colors and I like how you style it. Cardigans are very nice.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/05/wella-system-professional-luxe-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love both outfits on you and that pretty handbag. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice and comfortable v-nect tees. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wearing a kimono for some sun coverage is a lovely styling idea especially when it also adds some additional color and visual interest to your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the pop of bright pink that your bag adds to both of your outfits, Mica! These are both fabulous casual outfits. It is finally warming up here as summer is approaching, and I am so excited to pack away my sweaters and pants in favor of shorts and tees all day!


    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  43. You're making me want to try and wear bermuda shorts. Haven't worn them in so long!!! Love your tees and kimonos looks. Always so colorful!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a mum life staple for me, definitely! :)

      Delete
  44. The pink shade and size of the bag is definitely cool for me. You styled your outfit so comfortably and the pink bag just add the dash of brightness needed to complete the look. Thanks for this beautiful article.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the pink bag with the blue in your outfits! Both of these are so cute, I love the mix of casual shorts and sneakers with the pretty kimonos and bag!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Two great outfits, the kimono is so pretty and the pink bag is a real statement piece. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  47. That's a cute bag! Love the color and they are perfect with these outfits.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Can't wait to start wearing my shorts! Not sure when that will be so I'm enjoying seeing you in your great outfits. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. The first outfit is really beautiful in front of great lake, and I really love that kimono! The second outfit is wonderful blue! Have a nice weekend, Mica<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  51. Of course I love the floral kimono and your bag! Pretty pink color. I have been wearing my jean shorts often!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm sorry to hear about your bag, but it sounds like it served you well! I love both outfits by the way :)

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...