Thursday 8 September 2022

Kmart Dresses, Black Ankle Boots and Blue Balenciaga Day Bag

Layering up a couple of Kmart midi dresses with jackets and my trusty black ankle boots, for two different days back in winter.


What I wore:

black leather jacket and ankle boots with balenciaga tempete day bag teal floral kmart midi dress | awayfromblue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete on shoulder with black leather jacket | awayfromtheblue


JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
Dress: Kmart teal floral print midi dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


Why I wore it:

This was such a busy day! My son had an appointment in the city in the morning and I was stressing a little about it as we were running late. Thankfully despite the heavy traffic on the way into the city, it wasn't too bad on the way out. After dropping him off at school and racing back home I was only a little late to the first of my back to back meetings for the day while working from home. My colleague had kindly moved the start time a little to accommodate me too which was very helpful.

Felt that this dress was overdue another wear, and I really wanted to try the storm blue of the Balenciaga day bag with the teal of the dress. Knowing it would be cold that morning but not sure what scarf would work with the blue and teal, I went with a cosy leather jacket. I haven't worn my leather jackets much this winter, they are usually a staple, but with our very cold early morning start I was grateful for this jacket. I thought it matched the black ankle boots nicely too.


Last worn: black leather jacket, Tiffany necklaceteal floral print midi dress, black ankle boots, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearblack leather jacket and maxi skirt, teal floral print midi dress worn 2 waysblack ankle boots worn 30 ways, Balenciaga tempete day bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Tempete Day






What I wore:

kmart tiered midi dress fuchsia with denim jacket mickey mouse scarf balenciaga day bag ankle boots | awayfromblue

denim jacket with Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Scarf: Mickey Mouse printed scarf from Disneyland Paris
Earrings: Kmart pink resin teardrop statement earrings
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


Why I wore it:

This was a much more relaxed day! I wore a similar outfit, another Kmart midi dress with the same black ankle boots and my Balenciaga day bag again. I chose this bag again as not only do I love pink and blue together, but it's very roomy and I had space for mine and the kids water bottles in it. Only in our rush to get out the door on time to make it to a birthday party, I'd left the kids water bottles behind! Thankfully there was plenty for them to drink at the party, and they had a great time running around playing and being entertained while I sat and chatted to my friends.

I felt that this Mickey Mouse scarf was overdue another wear as it hasn't been worn in a long time! Although it has little red Mickeys on it I thought they were small enough it worked with this bright fuchsia dress, especially when paired with the blue denim jacket and blue Balenciaga day bag. I actually ended up taking the denim jacket off, it was so nice sitting the sun watching the kids play on the playground equipment.


Last worn: denim jacket, pink teardrop earrings, Mickey Mouse scarf, pink tiered midi dress, black ankle boots (above), Balenciaga tempete day bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, Mickey Mouse scarf with stripes, pink tiered midi dress and gold clutchblack ankle boots worn 30 way, Balenciaga tempete day bag and white blouse.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

Ankle boots and a jacket are an easy way to make a midi dress work for a warmer day near the end of winter - and of course you can add a scarf too for a little extra colour or print, and cosiness!



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

26 comments:

  1. Great combination of colours and accessories, as usual! ... Love the mouse printed scarf :-)

    Enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice of your co-worker to move the meeting back for you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky to work with such a great team!

      Delete
  3. I love both your midi dresses and the way you have styled them. A big bag comes in handy when going around with kids. Pink and blue combination does look gorgeous. Have a lovely day Mica. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like comfy dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these outfits!!! And the bag??? So nice *-*
    Thanks for sharing
    Have a nice day!!!
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds like it was such a busy and hectic day. It is always so hard when there are back to back things scheduled. I'm glad everything worked out okay and your colleague was able to shift things slightly! Love what you wore. That jacket layered over top of the dress is so great. So wonderful that the second day was much less hectic! You look gorgeous in both outfits <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a very stressful day, sometimes things like that just happen, but glad everything worked out!

      Delete
  7. Me encantaron los dos outfits, se te ven muy bien, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that grey/blue color of your bag. It looks so good with that first dress especially!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually opt for dresses when I'm rushed too. You are so lucky to still have Kmart there. We only have a handful left here, and sadly none are close to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the US Kmart is so different! It's a store that does really well here, it's taking over the failing Target stores.

      Delete
  10. The dresses are adorable, especially the fuchsia dress, and the bag looks lovely.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both great looks, Mica! I love long dresses for cooler weather. The fuchsia is so striking.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am drooling over that leather jacket Mica. It's such a great color and looks so fabulous.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you know how much I love your black leather jacket, Mica! It's just gorgeous and really adds to the first look (which I LOVE, all of it). Aw, the Mickey scarf is great with the pink dress. I'm glad you got the chance to relax and catch up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd worn the leather jacket more over winter, it was a bit neglected this year! But it does look so good worn with dresses like this :)

      Delete
  14. Your leather jacket is a stunner, Mica, and I'm loving the midi dress/jacket/ankle boots recipe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love an easily repeatable outfit formula like this that looks so different each time!

      Delete
  15. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...