Wednesday 23 May 2018

Grey Knits and Soft Shorts In Autumn With Balenciaga Tempete Day Bag

When you want to wear all your autumn/winter knits but the weather isn't cooperating, try wearing them with shorts! With our extremely warm start to autumn I wore this outfit combination a few times to wear some cosier pieces without overheating.

What I wore:

embellished grey knit jumper ankle boots with printed soft relaxed fit shorts, Balenciaga day bag | AwayFromBlue

grey embellished knit jumper with Balenciaga storm blue tempete day hobo g21 bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram embellished grey knit jumper soft printed shorts autumn style ankle boots
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
KnitWarehouse grey bead front jumper
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

The perfect opportunity to wear one of my recently unboxed winter knits. While I keep my summer pieces in my wardrobe year round, I have no need for winter knits and scarves and leather jackets most of the year here in Brisbane, so I box them away. Unboxing them when the weather changes is always so fun, even if it does lead to the inevitable 'I have no space in my wardrobe' and 'why do I have so many clothes?!' freak outs when I try find a spot in my wardrobe for it all.

It was a cooler morning and we were spending the day playing outside in the shade at playgroup, so I thought this knit would work well with shorts and ankle boots. It was the perfect weather and outfit and I loved wearing this. With the embellishment on the knit I wasn't sure at first if it would work with the printed shorts, but with a lot of white in the print I thought they tied together nicely when I put them on. I really enjoyed wearing this outfit.


Last worn: embellished jumper, printed shorts, black ankle boots, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearembellished jumper and jeans, printed shorts and embroidered blouse, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Balenciaga tempete day bag and swing dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.


Review and Contents of Balenciaga Tempete Day Bag:






What I wore:

Jeanswest Kara foil pullover in smoke marl and silver, embroidered olive shorts and Balenciaga day bag | away from blue

silver foil knit, Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | Jeanswest Kara foil pullover in smoke marl and silver with olive embroidered shorts
Necklace: Silk beaded baby-friendly necklace
KnitJeanswest Kara foil pullover in smoke marl and silver
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Since I enjoyed the outfit above so much, I thought I'd try the formula again. I should have checked the weather before I did so, it was a warmer than usual day and I did regret the knit at a few points. Fun day though! We had our local ABA mother's group in the morning, a little shopping in the afternoon and then I got changed and we headed down the coast for dinner with my family.

It's the first time I've worn this necklace, an item sold as a fundraiser for ABA. With the silver beads and print I thought it would match nicely with my silver foil knit and tempete Balenciaga day bag.
Last time I wore a normal necklace to the ABA I regretted the decision - spending my stay at home mum days at playgroup or mother's group means baby-friendly necklaces are the best choice! While my boys are past the teething stage, my friend's baby adored chewing on this necklace as I held him for a moment while my friend was busy with her other son. I think I'll be wearing baby friendly necklaces for a while, even though my boys are toddlers now!

I did think that the necklace, knit and bag all worked well together but I'm not too sure about the olive shorts. I usually find green a tricky colour to wear, I think a neutral bag might have been better with this outfit.


Last worn: polka dot foil knit, olive embroidered shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga tempete day bag (above).

Other ways to wearpolka dot foil knit and denim, olive embroidered shorts with mustard, Balenciaga tempete day bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyBalenciaga tempete day bag in second trimester.


More Grey Knits Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:


Thin knit jumpers like these are great pieces that you can wear by themselves in spring and autumn or layered up with things over or under them in winter. If the weather isn't the perfect coldness, you can still wear them with shorts as I have above. Definitely pieces you can get a lot of wear from outside of winter.



Linking up with Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Style Wise, Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

48 comments:

  1. I love these two grey knits, Mica and they look great with the soft shorts. I think your bag complements both outfits perfectly. I love your ankle boots too! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha :) I'm glad you liked it with both outfits, as I wasn't sure about the second one.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful knits! I've always enjoyed pulling out my winter items when it turns cold!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always show great options of outfits, Mica!! Of course the weather doesn't always cooperate with what we put together..ha ha!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather can be frustrating sometimes, haha!

      Delete
  4. The two looks! I love how flowy the shorts are.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the detailing on your sweater in the first outfit. I keep my clothes out all year around. Do to I never know how the weather is going to act.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that once the winter weather goes away we definitely won't need our knits - it gets humid and warm here in summer!

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love the way those boots look with the shorts - very fall-chic!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of shorts with sweaters for days that are a little cool but not cold. I love both of those gray sweaters too, the detailing makes them both so fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to take advantage of those days - shorts weather is definitely behind us now!

      Delete
  8. I hate switching out my closet, especially winter to summer, because I have way more summer things and all my knits stay in a dresser, so I always have that "why do I have all these clothes" freak out! It's always bad because this time of year I haven't gotten out the summer stuff, but I've been happily summer shopping. If only there was more closet space.
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, my problems with clothes would be resolved by more wardrobe space! I don't pack away my summer pieces as I can layer most of them for winter, but it makes it harder to find spots for all my winter things when my wardrobe is already full!

      Delete
  9. Oh I love both pairs of these soft shorts! I am on the look out for a couple of pairs in that style for summer. They look cute and comfortable, which is always a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! They have been a summer staple for me, such a good buy! :)

      Delete
  10. I love wearing this outfit formula during the summer here because the mornings can be so much cooler. A sweater helps me stay warm enough while the shorts keep me cool enough in the afternoon. I like your colorful necklaces with these looks though. I need to add in some fun accessories when I try this next. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice outfit idea for those kind of days! :)

      Delete
  11. These are so cute! I love both of shorts, but I think I like the second pair better. The little floral on the side is really sweet!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The embroidery is why I bought those shorts, haha! Such a cute touch!

      Delete
  12. Oh I'm sooooo here for the grey knits - any season's wardrobe can't have too many! They're super flattering and so versatile too, as you've proven here! Hope you're having a lovely week so far babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rate I'm accumulating grey knits I think I agree with you, haha! They are perfect for layering with!

      Delete
  13. I like the contrast of a sweater with a traditionally summery piece, like shorts (or a short skirt). These are both very cute outfits, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It's a good outfit idea for the days where it's not too cold yet.

      Delete
  14. I love the subtle print on those two tops! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow ok you're cute but that bag is cuterrrr. Ahh

    aprilbasi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Mica
    I feel the same when autumn starts. Is warm and cold at the same time. And you had a genial idea. Knits with shorts. Thats amazing we could mixed diferent season articles and being very stylish.
    Hope you had a great week.
    Xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's fun to mix the season pieces together when it's not too cold!

      Delete
  17. The color of that bag is gorgeous!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful outfit!
    Have a nice week!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both grey sweaters, Mica! I am a huge fan of wearing sweaters with shorts too, I think it's a great way to dress for unpredictable weather.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice way to layer just a little, even if we don't get many days to do that here! :)

      Delete
  20. It seems that you do have a good formula for your outfits and style. I really like both looks but the second look is definitely more casual and relaxed. Hope you have a great week. We're off to a wine tasting with friends.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wine tasting sounds like fun, hope you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  21. I just love both of these grey tops. I just bought a foil printed top from the outlets this Monday and I love it! I just love booties paired with shorts!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving foil print at the moment too! :)

      Delete
  22. Thats a cool idea to wear knits and shorts. Both outfits are lovely but I like the second shorts best! Love all the details too!
    xo Yvonne
    https://www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea to incorporate some winter pieces! For us in London I would have to do it other way around, try to incorporate some summer pieces whenever I can! 💞😘💖

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, you want more summer pieces as it's starting to warm up for you :)

      Delete
  24. Hi! Great outfits to transition into the autumn season! I love the shorts and how you styled it. Yes, be careful with the necklaces because all babies see are fun toys to play with..haha:) Well,I pray you are having a wonderful week

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, necklaces are my boys favourite things to grab when I pick them up! :)

      Delete
  25. I really love the grey embellished knit Mica, it's so pretty!
    Jaz x
    https://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. So funny how being a mommy changes things you didn't think would change. I actually stopped wearing any jewelry since having kids. I learned my lesson when my hoop earrings got snagged:P
    I think you look adorable in both outfits. I love how you paired the knit with the shorts. We have cold summer days, so this outfit is A-OK with me:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch those earrings would be painful! I tend to stick to my studs most of the time because it can be sore when they pull on them! It's better having fun necklaces to distract them from my ears, ha!

      Delete
  27. love the combo of shorts and sweaters...you look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh I love those shorts in the first look! How cute are they?!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...