Monday 29 August 2022

Navy Striped Dresses, Scarves and Ankle Boots With Pink Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

As the start of Spring (1st September) gets closer here in Brisbane, I took the chance to brave bare legs. Still layered up with scarves and ankle boots though as winter isn't over just yet.


What I wore:

navy striped dress ankle boots leather jacket louis vutton scarf mini 5 zip bag | awayfromblue

white navy striped dress with Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware  | awayfromtheblue


JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Dress: thrifted Kmart white and navy long sleeve stripe tee dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware 


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day. It was a really cloudy morning, threatening rain, but I was sure it would warm up later so I went bare legged. I was so cold in the afternoon though, it just seemed to get colder through the day! Luckily it was a busy afternoon, so the running around kept me warm! In the morning we had school drop off, I helped out in my son's class, and then I worked from home. After school pick up we ran a couple of errands with a stop to buy presents for a birthday party that weekend, and visited the library. So busy!

At least I liked this outfit, even if I did regret not wearing leggings with it! This Louis Vuitton scarf is such a nice blue with the white and navy striped dress, and I really like how the scarf pops against the black leather jacket too. The jacket was a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the black ankle boots, and the pink Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag added even more colour.


Last worn: leather jacket, Louis Vuitton shawl, navy stripe dress, black ankle boots, pink mini 5 zip bag.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton shawl and maxi dress, navy stripe dress and denim jacketblack ankle boots worn 30 ways, pink mini 5 zip bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip






What I wore:

navy striped shift dress with black ankle boots purple scarf and pink mini 5 zip bag | awayfromtheblue

navy striped dress and Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware crossbody | awayfromblue


Earrings: Kmart lilac statement ball drop earrings
Scarf: thrifted checked purple pashmina scarf
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress 
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware 


Why I wore it:

I loved all the colours in this outfit, and unlike the day above, bare legs were perfect as it warmed up quickly! I even considered taking the scarf off in the afternoon, although for sports in the evening it had cooled off a lot and I did cover up my legs.

It was a relaxed day. School drop off, a quick errand, and then working from home before school pick up in the afternoon, then sports in the evening. I really like pink and purple and blue together, and although the pieces in this outfit are all different intensities of these shades, I love the combination! The navy and black striped dress is a great backdrop for the pink mini 5 zip bag and purple scarf to shine.


Last worn: checked purple pashmina scarf, navy black striped tee dress, black ankle boots (above), Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag (above).

Other ways to wearchecked purple pashmina scarf and blazer, navy black striped tee dress and denim jacket, black ankle boots and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag and denim skirt.

Perfect for pregnancynavy black striped tee dress in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

Striped dresses are a great wardrobe basic! So easy to add more colour to them with accessories like bright scarves or a little pink bag, as I have here in these outfits.




Weekday Wear Linkup #184


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

33 comments:

  1. Love the color combos of both of these looks Mica! The scarves add really pretty pops of color to each look. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable, Mica! I love your scarves. The print mix and color palette of the second outfit are really speaking to me! Gorgeous, my friend!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that the day got colder and you regretted not having leggings on, but the first outfit was gorgeous. I love that striped dress! I'm glad the second day was warmer. It's always hard to know what to wear when the seasons start to shift! I hope you have a great week <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather has really been keeping me guessing recently, haha!

      Delete
  4. Nice outfit. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous scarves! They are the perfect pops of color!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday, Mica! Both of these outfits look so pretty and cozy with the scarves. I am a huge fan of scarves and can't wait to start wearing some of mine - it is still warm here in southern Ohio. I feel for you on the first outfit when you were cold later in the day. I always take a backup cardigan in my car, now it makes me want to keep a backup pair of leggings for when it gets cold here, haha!

    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy wearing booties with dresses but I sometimes forget. It will be fun to do this in the fall. Love both of the outfits quite equally this go around!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a combination I wear a lot when the weather starts to warm up :)

      Delete
  8. You chose two great outfit options for the tricky weather during a seasonal change! Stripes are always right, and I love your color combinations. Thanks for the link up, and enjoy a warmer week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pops of pink and blue with the striped dress were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on braving bare legs, Mica! That usually only happens for me when Spring is well advanced!
    You're really rocking your striped tee dresses! In spite of the darker colours, the second one is my favourite. I'm loving the combination of purple scarf and pink Rebecca Minkoff bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky it doesn't stay too cold for the entire winter here! Starting to have bare legs more often, yey!

      Delete
  11. I love the extra color those fabulous scarves added to your outfits! Sorry to hear you had a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these looks have everything I love about your style! SO cute, chic and comfortable! it's great the next got warmer, I hate freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are nice combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, me encanto el bolso rosa y la bufanda morada, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That purse livens up both outfits perfectly. We will be wanting to cover our legs before you know it, but it's still warm here.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love those striped dresses, especially the blue and black one. Both looks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geniales bufandas te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the combination of cozy on top with bare legs—it's a great transitional look!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something I rely a lot on in spring and autumn, and when it starts to warm up at the end of winter :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on your outfits and love the purple pashmina scarf.

    Weather is still sunny here, and many Italians are still on holiday (from 13th to 31th of August). August is holiday season in Italy :-)

    Have a nice time, Mica :-)

    http://giorgiorusso2.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The striped dresses looked so good with the ankle boots, Mica. These are perfect outfits for fall...thanks for the inspiration. The colours suit you really well to boot!
    PS TBH, I also didn't know a lot of the costumes I saw at Fan Expo...LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally loving the purple scarf. It looks great with the navy and pink.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun checkered scarf! The color, the pattern and the fringe - so unique!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute and stylish outfits! It's always so hard to dress while guessing what the weather may (or may not!) do later.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the blue and pink pops of color with the dress and jacket.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute outfit. Hope the weather gets warm for you soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  26. Striped dresses are always a good idea, and I love your bright pops of color with your accessories! I'm excited for fall layering season to arrive here soon. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful striped dress. They both fit you so well and I like how you styled them. I love striped items, they always feel so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...