Wednesday 27 September 2017

Red Printed Maxi Skirt with Blue Tees and Denim Jacket

I'm really thrilled with this $3 maxi skirt I found in the opshop in August at the end of my 7 months without shopping. The red print pairs so beautifully with blue that I've worn it with blue tees twice since I got it, despite thinking of neutral pieces to wear it with when I first saw it. It resulted in these two similar outfits below, which I made a little different with accessories.

What I wore:

denim jacket, boho red Billabong printed maxi skirt navy tee silver bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | Away From The Blue

away from blue instagram navy tee red boho printed Billabong maxi skirt denim jacket
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
NecklaceUniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Wore this on a day where I wasn't feeling the best. I'd lost my voice at work the day before, but with a very busy weekend ahead I had to run a few errands and take baby boy for his no longer weekly but still very often weigh session.

I regretted my decision to go out when toddler T ran away to see something in the shopping centre as we came out of Woolies and I could only whisper at him to come back, not very effective!

This was an easy and comfortable outfit though and I did enjoy wearing it. Silver accessories were a failsafe choice. I like wearing this metallic silver mini MAC and the silver ballet flats with colourful outfits as they go with anything. Last time I wore this tee I wasn't feeling great either - it's such a good choice when I just want comfort!


Last worn: denim jacket, navy marle tee, red printed maxi skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: denim jacket and purple jeans, navy marle tee and flares, red printed maxi skirt and leather jacket, silver ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: denim jacket in third trimester, mini MAC in second trimester.



Denim Jackets Under $50:








What I wore:

denim jacket blue ree red maxi skirt yellow cross body micro Regan bag SAMH Style | AwayFromBlue

Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag | AwayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram denim jacket red boho print maxi skirt converse yellow bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
TeeJeanswest two tone boxy oversized tee
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

You can see how far apart I wore these by the length of Cooper's fur in the background here, before his clip! 😂 Red, yellow and blue made for an easy outfit. Although I think the oversized tee and voluminous maxi skirt together wasn't the best combination, I did really like the colours together.

I was sure I'd seen @mummawears on Instagram wearing a similar skirt with a denim jacket, so that was the inspiration for this outfit at first. After I looked it up to check though I realised she'd worn a chambray shirt with hers. I decided on a blue tee to try replicate the look, as I don't have a chambray shirt.

This was a nice comfortable outfit for running a few errands and going to my local ABA mum's group.

As I've shared this skirt 3 times now and I like to review everything I buy after wearing it twice:
I love this skirt. It is a little long, which I work around by just wearing it higher up my waist. Petite problems! I'm not sure if I'll just keep doing that or get it tailored, it has a slight high-low hemline so wouldn't be a simple job to take up. For $3 I am happy to just wear it a little higher! And I still have a lot of outfit ideas for this, it's so beautiful to wear. So pleased I stumbled across it.



Last worn: denim jacket (above), oversized blue tee, red printed maxi skirt (above), Converse, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and denim shorts, blue tee and blue skirt, red printed maxi skirt and black henley, Converse and red jeans, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan worn 30 ways.


Perfect for pregnancy: denim jacket and hidden baby bump, Converse and maternity shorts.




Red Maxi Skirts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


You don't have to stick to neutrals when putting an outfit together with a brightly coloured printed piece in your wardrobe like this maxi skirt. Red looks great with blue, and you can even add another colour like I did in the second outfit. The primary colours of red yellow and blue are an easy pairing and work well together.


Linking up with Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

49 comments:

  1. Accessories can make such a big difference to an outfit! I love how you changed the look up here.

    TFM Life & Style blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty skirt! You look great in both looks. Have a lovely day! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for $3 skirts!! It's so cute and looks great on you! Also, I had a laugh at you having to whisper at Toddler T! Laryngitis problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's funny now, not so much at the time! So hard when you have no voice around toddlers!

      Delete
  4. Great maxi and what a bargain! I am so sorry you lost your voice. That would be hard when you were out and about with a little.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I maybe should have stayed home!

      Delete
  5. I like the texture of that skirt. Actually, not sure if it's called texture- but I like the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great way to style an orange skirt!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this skirt was such a bargain - great find! It looks lovely on you, especially when paired with the ballet flats. Denim jackets are so handy to have in our wardrobes during Autumn too, right?! Hope you're having a great week so far!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had this whisper thing for a week last year, I swear my daughter was openly laughing at me!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpaging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, they know when they can take advantage!

      Delete
  9. Ha, that is how I feel about tailoring! For $3, it's totally NOT worth it! I love the bright colour. You need a whistle for your little one, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm not sure it would be worth it! And a whistle is a good idea...

      Delete
  10. Wow $3! Gotta love it when you find something so cheap!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. A 3 dollar skirt is a winner in my book ! plus this is such a great color.
    And I had to smile imagining you whispering to your boy as the just went wherever he wanted..

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a steal! I would style it with a white tee tucked in and a fabulous pendant necklace! Absolutely love it.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That printed maxi skirt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Op shop finds are the best as no one else has them! This bright orange maxi looks beautiful on you, especially with the denim.

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. A denim jacket is perfect for this time of the year (fall for me, spring for you) and it goes with everything. I have been pairing mine with floral dresses and floral skirts! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cut of that denim jacket. It balances the maxi skirt cut.
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2017/09/my-sneaker-lust-list-from-superbalist.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I honestly cannot believe that this skirt was only $3! That an unbelievably good price, it honestly looks a lot more expensive than that and I like how you styled it with the denim jacket in both outfits, I think that it works really well. :) Hope you're well, lovely. xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was definitely sold for more than $3 at first! I got it in the opshop (thrift store) for that price!

      Delete
  18. I'm not surprised you are obsessed with this skirt as this skirt definitely is perfect! So sorry you didn't feel best on that day but I see you wore nevertheless a fantastic look! Blue and red is always such a beautiful colour combination!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bargain! Love it with the denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the print + color of this maxi!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the cool blues in this look and the bright pop of that skirt. This outfit looks super comfy yet chic, which is what I'm usually looking for in an outfit. :) I know I'll be getting my denim jacket back out soon, with some cooler temps in the forecast.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors of your new maxi skirt are fresh, happy and spring-ready. I love the maxi dress or skirt and denim jacket combo. I'd totally wear the first outfit from head to toe.
    Have a lovely day!

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your awesome outfit, great combo as well. Thank you for sharing, you look stunning.

    xxx



    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post, I love your outfit, thank you for sharing.

    xxx

    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow I Love both of your outfits

    http://alyinwanderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your skirt as I'm a sucker for girl right now!

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look lovely! Your bag is adorable :D


    http://www.desiringsme.com/fall-outfits-camel-coat/

    ReplyDelete
  28. $3 was an amazing deal on that skirt! I really like it paired with blue and the yellow bag is another fun color to add to the combination. I hesitate to spend money on altering thrifted items too. I tend to try and attempt it myself (which may or may not work out well). Wearing it higher on your waist is a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have no idea how to alter it myself, haha! And at least I know if it annoys me too much I can take it to the tailor! :)

      Delete
  29. your maxi skirt is so pretty. I always like how this colorful pieces look better!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautifully styled! Love the denim jacket, a perfect classic piece to tie together an outfit!

    Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great skirt! such a nice simple way to style it x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/big-reveal-27-week-update/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mica, that denim blue and red looks so good together. I love the look. So sorry you lost your voice :( Not a good feeling. Tea & lemon is always good for that :) I love seeing Cooper!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :) You always leave such thoughtful comments!

      Delete
  33. What a cute skirt! I love maxi dresses/skirts. They are so comfy!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think that skirt was such a great find--the print and color are so pretty, and I love how it's such a statement-making piece!! Love both ways you styled it here. You know me I'm a denim jacket addict :)
    I hope your voice is better and you're feeling better too!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the red printed skirt you bought, it looks really good with the jean jacket... such a nice accessory xox I hope you are feeling better and that you have your voice back xox

    Thank you for your sweet comment when you dropped by my blog... I am hoping to keep writing even if I don't always feel my best... have a great week xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did get it back eventually! :)

      Delete
  36. What a great deal! Love it and bet it's super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...