Monday 21 October 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Navy Blouses and Colourful Pants Business Casual For Spring

I love a good outfit formula, so for today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing two very similar outfits I recently worn to work with colourful pants and classic navy blouses and my slouchy Balenciaga Part Time bag.

What I wore:

Target Preview navy long sleeve collared shirt with burgundy pants statement necklace for the office | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | burgundy skinny pants with Target navy collared blouse with balenciaga part time bag
Necklace: thrifted statement gunmetal hardware necklace (new purchase)
Blouse: Target Preview navy long sleeve collared shirt (new purchase)
PantsJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

First wearing of this new navy blouse I picked up in the Target clearance sales! In the last days of the sales things are often reduced to $5, so when I needed a break from the office one lunch time I headed to target in the city to browse the sale. I got this great blouse reduced from $39 to $20 and then the extra 50% off made it $10, not a bad deal! I tried on a few other things but this was the only one that worked. The statement necklace was another new purchase and impulse buy, just $3 from the opshop! September was a month of impulse buying for me.

It's not the first time I've worn these burgundy pants with navy tops, it is a frequent go-to combo! I kept the rest of the accessories simple, with the silver ballet flats, black Balenciaga Part Time bag and metallic necklace, to let the colours be the star of the outfit.

The only thing I did notice with this blouse is that the collar on the back pulls it down quite a bit with the extra weight - as it's a flowy swing style it's not fitted enough to stay in place. I'll need to try tuck it in next time I wear it! It was nice and comfortable for work, and I like the cute piping detail along the sides of the sleeves, even if I did forget to get a good pic of it as I was so busy giving our little doggy guest some pats! She's squeezing in all the pats she can while being dog sat by us before she returns to her family.


Last worn: burgundy pants, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag. First time I've worn the navy blouse and statement necklace as they are both recent purchases.

Other ways to wearburgundy pants for work and weekend, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt, Balenciaga Part Time bag and little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancyburgundy pants in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Balenciaga Part Time










What I wore:

Jeanswest chana long sleeve stud blouse in night sky navy with olive green skinny pants for spring office outfit | away from blue

navy blouse and olive pants with Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | jeanswest chana navy peasant blouse with olive skinny jeans balenciaga part time bag
Earrings: Kmart teal tassel earrings
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Unlike the first navy blouse, this one is an oldie. I picked it up on sale last year and it's been the best addition to my wardrobe. I like the studded detail for a little extra interest, and the tie at the neckline means that I didn't need to add a necklace with this. I did add my teal earrings though for a little extra colour. With the navy blouse, olive pants and teal earrings I kept the accessories simple again, going with my fave black ballet flats and my Balenciaga Part Time bag.

Just like the outfit above, these olive pants have been worn with navy before, even though it's surprisingly the first time I've worn this blouse and jeans together before. Got to love a business casual environment where people can wear jeans through the week - these olive ones look deceptively like standard pants but have all the comfort of jeans! They are so good at doing double duty for work and SAHM days.

My nails are OPI a good man-darin is hard to find, just like in the outfit above. I felt like getting this bright colour out again for spring.


Last worn: navy peasant blouse, teal earrings, olive skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy peasant blouse worn 2 ways, olive skinny jeans for long haul flight, black ballet flats and maxi skirt, Balenciaga Part Time bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag in second trimester.



Navy Blouses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A navy blouse is a great neutral option for work, you can pair it with some brightly coloured pants for something a little more colourful in the office. Long sleeves are a good choice too if you work in cold office air conditioning!



Weekday Wear Linkup #41


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




P.S: the winners of the scarf giveaway have been chosen and contacted via email! Congrats to Jessica P, Alice V, and Krystal M!


Linking up with Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Red Carpet Style, Style Six, Thursday ModaFashion Files.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

67 comments:

  1. Love both of these outfits! Have a great week ahead!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on the first blouse! Such a good find. I really like the gun metal statement necklace with it! Hope your week is off to a great start!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that navy is a great neutral, Mica! Both of these blouses are so pretty and can be dressed up or down. I love that thrifted gun metal necklace! What a find! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! Thanks for the linkup! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those clearance finds. Every time I wear the clearance steal I think about my cost per wear. So fun! And of course I love your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally dont like Navy on me, but it is a lovely neutral indeed, and pairs beautiful with your colored pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue, so beautiful!! I hope you have a gorgeous week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both navy tops but really obsessed with the find from Target! The sleeves are beautiful. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Navy is such a great neutral that I don't wear often enough. These are beautiful combos! Both of your navy tops are so cute!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mica, both are such great outfits! I love navy with burgundy and navy with olive. They are such beautiful color combinations!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you wearing dressy casual to work. Love the soft tops with your coloured jeans. Many thanks for hosting, have a great week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'm so lucky to work in such a relaxed office! :)

      Delete
  11. Two more winning outfits, great to see the colour mixes. Thanks for hosting. Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Burgundy and navy are such a great combo, as are navy and green! Both blouses are so pretty! Love the little details
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love seeing how you styled your navy blouses! I always struggle with pairing tops in this color with much besides white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some other ideas! :)

      Delete
  14. Such great look, love the navy with both olive and burgundy.
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both outfits! The necklace was a fab bargain find. Thanks for hosting!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know if it's the neckline and necklace, but in the first outfit I really notice **you** not your outfit! So flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute looks. I have a couple of navy blouses and I always struggle with what to wear with them. I will have to remember to try them with my olive and burgundy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love navy and olive together... going to have to do that later this week =)
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Target navy blouse is such a great steal for sure, Mica! You always find the best deals:) Love the colour combos in both outfits. And the Balenciaga is such a great accessory:)
    Hope you're having a great start to the week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mica
    I confess I'm not a big fan of dark blue or navy blue, is to dark for my taste but you always find good outfit formulas and you have great bags!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always got to love those target finds! What a fun way to spend your work break too.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  22. I linked! :)

    I love these looks - the navy is a really nice colour on you, Mica. I love your new chunky metallic necklace, what a fun piece! You need some pewter/metallic flats!

    Have a good week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a metallic silver pair, but definitely need to expand my shoe collection!

      Delete
  23. I love rust and navy blue together. You have such a nice collection of clothes and handbags! Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It goes to show how wonderful navy pairs with so much!!
    I love how your pup joined you!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love your navy blouses and the way you've paired them with the necklace! Such cute simple looks!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like how you paired the navy blue blouses with different colored pants. I'm a big fan of the army green especially - it's such a good color! Hope you're having a great week.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both tops old and new are so fun but timeless and classic. Love these looks. I have a ruffle front navy top from J Crew and this truly inspiring me!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the blouse, it looks so well with burgundy pants, very nice colour combo. Very pretty necklace

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always try to have a few navy tops in my closet because they go with everything! I really like the navy and burgundy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute and stylish outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love the bag! It looks good with every outfit possible.

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you still have your foster dog! Are you going to keep her? ;)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a family eagerly waiting to be reunited with her so we can't keep her unfortunately. But we are enjoying her company! :)

      Delete
  33. What a fun name for your nail polish! Beautiful color! Thanks for hosting and have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love ur cute bag babe and ur hair is so cute.

    Much Love,
    BLOG | INSTAGRAM | YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete
  35. Navy color blouses always look great. I love how you paired it with burgundy and deep green. You are looking pretty even in both style.
    Have a great day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. i love the way you styled your outfits with the bag... gorgeous looks.

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aren't pesky collars a nuisance? I was wearing a new-to-me top last weekend, whose collar just wouldn't stay in place. My favourite of your outfit is the second one, as I love that pretty embroidered blouse! Wishing you a great week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I didn't notice when trying this on but I certainly notice when wearing it a while!

      Delete
  38. These are both such lovely color combinations! Your navy tops are each quite stylish and look great on you. Such a steal on the first one! Hope you are having a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  39. When an outfit formula works, it's always worth repeating. Navy blouses are a great and versatile option. I've always loved ho it pairs with burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great outfits, especially for a work day. Why change what's working for you?

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Outfit formulas make work dressing so easy too!

      Delete
  41. Both looks are so pretty.
    But i adore the first one a bit more, the necklace is so amazing..

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  42. Loving that necklace you're wearing with the first outfit, such a great statement piece. On second I love how the shirt already has pearls implemented <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both of your looks with a navy blouse are beautiful! And the idea is fantastic to combine them with coloured pants. I understand why you are happy about the dress code in your work enviroment.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. That is a regal blue colour, perfect for pairing with any colour pants. Love your black Balenciaga, the silver hardware stands out.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love that navy goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love navy and olive together and wear that combination quite a bit. I don't have any burgundy jeans but really need to get more colored jeans - I always love the way yours look! How big is your closet? LOL! Mine's not nearly big enough, I know. Both tops are darling on you and I love that bag! Thanks so much for the link-up - I just signed up and will link it in my post.

    Ruth
    VogueFauxReal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to downsize - we have a wardrobe room in the new house so my uncle is helping me construct my dream wardrobe there!

      Delete
  47. That purse really catches my eye! I always love how versatile it is and how you style it with so many different looks!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have 1 Bbag and do love this style. So light and easy to carry! You look lovely as I love this color combo- navy and burgundy and navy and olive.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your maroon pants! I want to get a pair like that. And I will miss seeing your fuzzy houseguest popping up in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Both ways you styled those navy tops look perfect! The one from Target was such a great sale find and I love how you paired it with the burgundy pants. You have a really good eye for pairing colors together!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm always amazed that you manage to find such good deals. Both outfits look great! I especially like the subtle pop of color from your nails.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you everyone for your comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Blue and burgundy are y fave - these shades look elegant and corporate, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...