Monday 27 May 2019

Weekday Wear Link Up! Same Outfit, Different Shoes: Edinburgh Castle Outfit

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, showing one of the simplest ways to change up an outfit. Wearing the same pieces but changing the shoes to create two different outfits for two very different days in Scotland.

What I wore:

Edinburgh castle sightseeing outfit cobalt Louis Vuitton scarf monochrome jeans and tee outfit speedy bandouliere | awayfromblue

awayfromblue Instagram | what I wore to visit Edinburgh castle monochrome grey jeans and leather jacket cobalt Louis Vuitton scarf

awayfromblue Instagram | tourist hoodie jumping pic at Edinburgh castle pink sweater grey jeans ankle boots
JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Tee: thrifted Maison Scotch black paint splatter print long sleeved tee
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Wore this outfit to go explore Edinburgh castle with the boys. If you're in Edinburgh, it's a must-see! We frequently walked up to here during our time in Scotland, as you can see from my jumping pic! It's just so photogenic on top of the castle rock. The views you get from the various points inide the castle are stunning too, you can see all over the city and on a clear day like this was you can see right across the Forth to Fife.

As it is a high point in the middle of Edinburgh it can be quite chilly with the wind, so I layered up! My trusty leather jacket with a long sleeve black tee underneath and grey skinny jeans made a great monochromatic outfit with the ankle boots. With all of the black and grey, the Louis Vuitton bleu shawl was a lovely pop of colour and being a wool blend, it helped to keep me cosy.

The boys had a fun day and were eager to tell everyone that they visited an actual castle for the rest of the trip!


Last worn: leather jacket, Louis Vuitton scarf, black tee, grey skinny jeans, ankle boots, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and dress, Louis Vuitton scarf and stripes, black tee and pencil skirt, grey skinny jeans and kimono, ankle boots worn 30 ways, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyankle boots in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag in third trimester.


Views From Edinburgh Castle and the One O'Clock Gun Firing




I didn't take a lot of video as we went around the castle - too cold to have my camera out much! So it's just under 2 minutes with some of the views from the castle, the beautiful interiors and of course the firing of the famous one o'clock gun.





What I wore:

casual grey skinny jeans and tee leather jacket converse outfit louis vuitton accessories | away from the blue
Tee: thrifted Maison Scotch black paint splatter print long sleeved tee
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Exactly the same as the outfit above, I just switched the shoes! Instead of my ankle boots I picked Converse for a day in the park with the boys. Such an easy way to change an outfit, just swapping out and accessory, but it made such a difference. Converse are my go-to on cold park days with the boys!

Because I really liked the first outfit I kept it all the same, I love how the cobalt blue Louis Vuitton scarf pops against the black tee, leather jacket and grey jeans.


Last wornleather jacket (above), Louis Vuitton scarf (above), black tee (above), grey skinny jeans (above), Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag (above).

Other ways to wearleather jacket and blue jeans, Louis Vuitton scarf and maxi dress, black tee and olive pants, grey skinny jeans for brunch, Converse in the snow, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: Converse in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag in third trimester.



Grey Jeans Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

If you have an outfit you love, wear it again! Everyone re-wears their favourite pieces. If you want to make it slightly different to avoid feeling like you are repeating yourself over and over, swap out an accessory. It can be as simple as changing the shoes you're wearing, or you could change the bag or scarf!




Weekday Wear Linkup #20


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Colour and Grace, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Oh Hey Girl, Style On The Daily, Seeking Sunshine, This Main Line Life, Thursday Moda, Fashion Files, Red Carpet Linkup, Weekly Linkup, Weekend Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. I didn't realise that you have been to Scotland. We love trips to Scotland - the scenery is magnificent! Your outfit looks appropriate to keep you warm - I never thought I would ever wear skinny jeans but now I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit tweajs, just what's needed with a travel capsule. Have a great time in Scotland.
    Hugs, Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cool travel outfit! The jacket tis perfect. What a gorgeous place to visit! Thanks so much for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are enjoying your family holiday. Visited the castle years ago , it is stunning and those views. Great travel looks, the bright blue scarf is wonderful . Many thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this comfy outfit on you,
    perfect for some traveling adventure.
    Love the color of the scarf.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mica, I see you really enjoyed Edinburgh - although it was that cold! It looks perfect how the cobalt blue of the scarf pops against the look, I agree! And so cool how different your outfit looks only with changing your shoes.
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so smart for traveling, Mica. Because it really goes to show how shoes can make a difference. And it's good to switch out our shoes often when we are traveling.
    I love that scarf...it really adds a great punch of color!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your shots in Scotland - such a magical place! I can't wait to take my daughter there.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it - our boys loved it! :)

      Delete
  9. How fun to visit a castle! I love your colorful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday. I would love to visit Scotland and Ireland one day. Your bright blue scarf makes such a nice statement against your neutrals! It is nice to see how making little swaps to a look can really change it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes accessories really make a difference! :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photos!!! I love colorful scarves to a monochromatic outfit and I use them all seasons!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this outfit with both shoes!! Great post idea, Mica!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The castle sounds really cool! I love the fun shot of you jumping! Love your travel outfit - you look cozy chic!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are having a fab time! Love the blue scarf!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edinburgh is super high on my bucket list! I was actually supposed to move there 6 years ago but it never worked out. I hope to make it there yet one day! Your photos are SO cool. And I love your outfits. (That's so cute the boys told everyone they had been in an actual castle!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you never made it there, I think you'd love it!

      Delete
  16. Hi MIca
    I love you jumping like Madonna song ahahhaha!!
    Hope you had a great time in Scotland!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that blue scarf! Such a perfect travel look!

    xx,
    -Lauren
    https://vandifair.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this outfit with the leather jacket and the LV Speedy! Have fun on your trip, the castle looks like a cool destination from your video.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no, you came to Edinburgh? You should have told me and we could have met!!! I live here :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    https://www.natbees.com/microblading-in-aberdeen/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame we couldn't catch up! It was a busy time though, so hard to fit everything in!

      Delete
  20. You look great. We are hoping to be in Edinburgh this summer. The castle sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! The castle is a must-see!

      Delete
  21. Oo I'm so loving this weekend look! Might be my favorite outfit of yours!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That scarf gives a really good pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how cozy you look with your outfit! Your monogram shawl looks gorgeous! You can never go wrong with skinny jeans as well. Glad you enjoyed your time out in Edinburgh!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been to Edinburgh Castle! It's so cool! I love that you just repeated your outfit and changed up the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So lovely to see your pics of Edinburgh Castle, Mica! I spent a few weeks in Edinburgh way back in 2001 and have fond memories of the Castle and the city! Your shawl is absolutely gorgeous and looks great with everything! Love your jacket too! Hope your week is off to a great start! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful place to visit!

      Delete
  26. I'd never seen this scarf in blue before, so cute! I love it! So great for any and all seasons -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I remember years ago when my hubby and I visited Scotland in late June and it was freezing cold then too! Edinburgh is such a fun place to visit! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It sounds like a fun family holiday. Scotland is on my list for such a long time.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both shoes with the outfit. Very smart to pick items that are so versatile!

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your scarf is beautiful and elevates your look hun! You look fab, looks like you had a wonderful time in Edinburgh!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cool outfit:) Love that LV scarf. A great pop of colour for sure. And love that view you guys got when at the caste. LOL how everyone laughed after the canon was shot:D

    ReplyDelete
  32. The views from that castle...wow! What an amazing place! And loving the pop of cobalt blue against the black and grey outfit. What a chic, striking combo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great change with the sneakers and boots! It does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the way that bright blue scarf punches up the outfit- so chic!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. So fun to visit a castle! You look so cute!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/05/pearl-sandals-you-need.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE that blue scarf!! The color is stunning and suits you so well! I cannot wait to visit Edinburgh one day!

    https://wordsandwinewithjade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the idea of swapping out an accessory to change an outfit. Also, the castle really does look stunning. It's wonderful that you had a good time.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love that blue scarf on you! You look so great.

    - Avalon from www.simplyavalon.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow just seeing all the history there is amazing. I love your outfit and how easy it is to switch up a piece of clothing or shoes and get a totally different look!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like this outfit with both sneakers and boots. Those skinny jeans are so great and I love how you layered with a blue scarf.

    so amazing you got to visit this castle. Scotland is such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks like you're having so much fun there! Love the giant scarf. They're so multipurpose. Have an awesome week Mica!

    SHANNON VALLE
    life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have trip envy (good envy ;)
    Oh how you must be enjoying this Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Edinburg is such a beautiful castle. I went there almost 3 years ago.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  44. There you are dressing and looking like a true Brit:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I always love a good jumping pic, and you look so cute! I love how your outfits are so monochromatic but then have a fun pop of color with the pretty blue scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a cool pop of blue dear! Love it!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...