Friday 14 September 2018

Second Hand Shopping: Black Tees and Green Pants With Balenciaga Day Bag

Second hand shopping, opshopping, thrifting, whatever you call it. It's a big factor towards letting me continue to shop even though I'm working part time with two kids and much less disposable income than before!

The two outfits before show some of the secondhand pieces in my wardrobe. With the exception of the shoes, because I can never find shoes my size in an opshop! And the scarf I threw on at the last minute.

What I wore:

SAHM style black space dye tee green asos petite skinny jeans opshop finds | away from blue

Balenciaga truffle brown day hobo bag classic RH | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | black tee green skinny jeans opshop finds thrifted outfit glitter shoes Balenciaga day bag
Tee: thrifted Mix Apparel black marle tee
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers (new purchase)
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

With a warmer day, I was able to just wear a tee with no scarf or cardigan needed. It was a nice sign of winter coming to an end, even if it immediately got cold again afterwards.

While I do love splurging on accessories, I have a much lower budget in mind when clothes shopping! I think this outfit showcases that nicely.

The black space dye tee was a piece I picked up at the 'fill a bag for $2' sale at my local opshop. The green pants were just $5 from a different opshop. The bag was a preloved find from Designer Archives, a consignment store in Brisbane city. The only new thing in this outfit was the shoes, a $8 Kmart bargain!

While the warm weather meant a scarf was definitely not needed, I did think about wearing a necklace. I decided to give it a miss and just let the glitter shoes be the highlight of the outfit. Even if we weren't doing anything more special than running a couple of errands and going to the doctors, it was nice to have a bit of sparkle to do so! These were so comfortable for a first wear too.


Last worn: space dye tee, green skinny jeans, Balenciaga day bag. First time I've worn the silver shoes on the blog as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearspace dye tee in the office, green skinny jeans and mustard yellow, Balenciaga day bag and printed dress.

Perfect for pregnancyBalenciaga day bag in second trimester.


My Complete Handbag Collection




Taken back when I had turned the spare room into a walk in wardrobe room, it's the most recent video I have showing my complete handbag collection - a lot of which were bought pre-loved.



What I wore:

black printed long sleeve tee olive skinny cargo pants paisley print infinity scarf | awayfromblue

Balenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag worn on shoulder printed black tee | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram SAHM style black tee olive skinny cargo pants paisley print scarf

ScarfSeed Heritage Paisley print snood
Tee: thrifted Maison Scotch black paint splatter print long sleeved tee
Pants: thrifted French Connection olive skinny cargo pants
Shoes:  Converse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

Another thrifted outfit, although I added the scarf at the last minute. Like the shoes, the scarf was bought new, but on sale.

Just like the outfit above, this long sleeve black tee was picked up at a 'fill a bag with clothes for $2' opshop sale. I'm really happy with it, and knew that I wanted to wear it with these olive cargo pants. They were also an opshop find, from the same opshop (although before the $2 sale!). They were just $3. They are so slouchy and insanely comfortable.

As it was a little chilly in the morning for daycare drop off I added this paisley print snood - I think it was the perfect piece with the colours in the outfit, and I think it made the outfit. Once again, the accessories were the most expensive part of my outfit. I definitely have a formula I follow with outfits!


Last worn: black long sleeve tee, paisley print snood, olive cargo pants, Converse, Balenciaga day bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack long sleeve tee in the office, Paisley snood and red dress, olive cargo pants and mustard cardi, Converse for travel, Balenciaga day bag and sheath dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: Paisley snood in second trimesterConverse and hidden baby bump, Balenciaga day bag for second trimester travel.



Green Pants Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Green pants can be simple to wear when you pair them with neutral basics like these black tees. It makes an easy stay at home mum outfit that doesn't require a lot of thinking to pull together. Just what you need in the morning rush trying to get yourself and kids ready and out the door on time!


Linking up with Friday Faves, Fabulous Friday, Lizzie In Lace, Mummy Monday, Shoe & Tell, Mix It MondayMon Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. Second hand shopping can be such a pleasant surprise! One of my sisters sometimes goes to an opshop and gets great stuff from there! A versatile tee for $2? Yes please!!! I also love how the neutral shades of green and camel work together in the second outfit.
    Hope you and your gorgeous family have a nice weekend, dear!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I love the prices, I just wish I had more time to browse, it's hard with two little ones!

      Delete
  2. Hi pretty lady! I enjoyed your wardrobe tour! I really adore your green pants. That dash of color adds a cute and fun touch to the look. The tee compliments perfectly and keeps the focus on the pants.

    I pray you and your family are having a wonderful weekend!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to get back into thrifting too with a mortgage payment to worry about! It's a great option for saving money AND the environment!
    Looove that second look! The top looks so cozy
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has so many benefits when you thrift! It does take up a little bit of time, but it's so much more affordable and a great way to shop while saving money :)

      Delete
  4. Second hand shopping is so much fun and you get such a good feeling from finding something special! I really like the green trousers in the first pictures, so much fun!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it! I love your outfit!

    https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green trousers are fab! Have a lovely weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about shopping the thrift store, Clearance rack and Hand me Down. Since becoming a SAHM. I don't buy a lot of new clothes for myself. My husband is the same way. We used to buy new clothes all the time. Now we just buy what we need. Which isn't much. Since we both have a lot of clothes.


    Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I've found my shopping has really slowed being a mum - budget is one part of that, but lack of time for shopping is another big one! haha!

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh Mica, I actually feel quite guilty! I know that I could definitely be more thrifty and friends of mine have found some fantastic pieces. I think it's somewhat ingrained in me to the point that when I need some new wardrobe pieces, my feet just walk me straight to my usual shops. I definitely need to take a charity shop tour! You've got some fab pieces!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't feel guilty! Everyone is different! I just enjoy browsing, I'm sad my go-to store is closing so it will be harder for me to find bargains in future!

      Delete
  9. Great way to add accessories. I'm so loving your green pants. They're super chic even with just a tee.
    I've never tried second hand shopping before. Definitely open to the idea!
    Happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth trying it, you can find so many bargains!

      Delete
  10. Both looks are great. I love the pop of color from the green pants in the first look and the earthy neutral vibes of the second one. Makes me think I should try thrifting.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do give it a go and find some bargains!

      Delete
  11. What a great day bag, and I love the green jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love those glittery sneakers!!! :) Thrifting is so fun. You always find such great stuff, Mica!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! They are so fun and cheerful!

      Delete
  13. I love both pairs of green pants. The bag is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to second hand shop! Both looks are so chic and loving the sneakers with your second look.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never have luck with shoes when I am second and shopping either, my size is rarely available.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone! I'm always jealous of those who find such awesome bargains!

      Delete
  16. Truth is Balenciaga got me!

    -Steve
    www.artsandwander.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So awesome how you get such great items when you go thrifting, Mica! The second-hand stores around me are not so good, so I have to go downtown if I want to score items and even then, the selections are so-so:(
    And I love your wardrobe tour. You're so organized! Love the handbag wall, and the big doggie with the hats:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so frustrating Emmy :( I hope a store opens nearer you soon with some great finds in it! :) The hat doggie was so fun, no idea where it is now unfortunately!

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. There are a lot of bargains out there if you look (and buy from trusted sites!)

      Delete
  19. I love the look of your green trousers and how you paired it with a brown Balenciaga bag! Fabulous xx

    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pants :)

    http://headoverheals.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your concept to spend most on the accessoires is a good on and that one doesn't have to spend a lot of money you are proofing in the best way in this post! I really like both of your looks and honestly I'm a bit jealous about your green pants in the first look :)

    Happy weekend!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I think splurging on accessories really works well for me!

      Delete
  22. That bag is so cute, the colour is perfect for fall xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do love a good bit of second hand shopping, there’s always some hidden treasures out there and when I think of some of the lovely bits that I’ve donated too, I know others will be doing the same and it keeps me going back.
    You look great in your finds ☺️

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's good to be able to donate back when things no longer work for you! :)

      Delete
  24. You did so well, Mica! I love those green skinny jeans and the cargo pants. I love the glittery sneakers too! I always love a bit of sparkle! ;) Hope you've had a wonderful weekend, Mica. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a fun way to add some sparkle too! :)

      Delete
  25. the green pant tho.. nice
    Happy Sunday
    this is nice
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/09/meet-bastian-von-der-eltz-graphic.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's nice to see your room with your bags and accessories. You've got a lot Balenciagas and your accessories are really nice. I like watching videos like this :) Wishing you a fun weekend ahead.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercy! I'm so glad you enjoyed the video :)

      Delete
  27. You got some great deals with your second hand shopping! I never seem to do very well when I try to thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky to have some good stores around me!

      Delete
  28. Fun outfits - you know I love the green trousers! Good for you for promoting second-hand shopping - that's where my heart is. Have a good week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It's a fun way to shop, I just wish I had more time for it!

      Delete
  29. These outfits are so good! I love your handbag collection it is stunning. I hope your having an amazing weekend. Have an even more glorious week xx
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/09/why-are-so-many-men-dressing-god-awful.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your outfits! I need a nice big bag like that, my current one is falling apart lol!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love a bargain! And looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love thrifting! The thrill of the hunt always gets me. Although I will say I want to curl into a ball and cry when I find something gorgeous that's not my size.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's so frustrating when a lovely find doesn't work for you!

      Delete
  33. I am loving those pants on you!! The bag is gorgeous! Looking good, Mica! Happy Monday lovely!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really love this bag, such a classic! Also, your pooch is the cutest!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both of these looks are so fun! I love the olive pair that you scored second-hand, what a great find! I haven't gone secondhand shopping in a while but I hope to do more this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you get time to do so! :)

      Delete
  36. I'd forgotten how you use to have all this extra space... and I did not recall you having so many accessories!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I've downsized a lot but I still have quite a few! I loved that wardrobe room, but I do prefer it as a nursery! :)

      Delete
  37. Thank you! I've got so many handbag bargains that way!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...