Monday 17 September 2018

Layering Tees Under Sleeveless Dresses For The Office With Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag

When I'm feeling uninspired, I often go back through the archives of the blog to find the different ways I've worn things, to give me some inspiration. With a tough week, I knew I wanted easy outfits for the office, so I went with my classic fit and flare dresses. Looking back to one of the first ways I wore the black dress gave me the idea to layer them over some long sleeve tees. Great way to add some colour to an office outfit, and also keep me warm on the cold commute. The blue scarves were an extra touch of colour to brighten my day.

What I wore:

teal long sleeve tee under black fit and flare dress for office with matching scarf | awayfromblue

little black dress with navy moon rebecca minkoff shiny leather regan bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | teal long sleeve tee under little black fit and flare dress business casual outfit
ScarfAlexander McQueen azure wool skull scarf
Tee: Valleygirl blue 3/4 sleeve tee
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

I knew I wanted to wear this teal top and little black dress together, that was an easy decision to make. I stood in front of my wardrobe the night before trying to think what scarf to wear with it, before I gave up and went to bed, leaving a pile of scarves to go through in the morning.

Most days I plan my outfit out the night before I wear it, but sometimes I leave accessory decisions to the last moment! I'm glad I did though, as when I'd put the outfit on in the morning and started looking at the scarves with it, this teal skull scarf was the obvious winner as the colours matched so well. You know I love a bit of matchy-matchy.

I felt great about this outfit - comfortable and practical for all of the rushing around I had to do, trying to make sure everything was in place to finish work early and race across the city for an urgent appointment for my son. I feel like 90% of my posts recently have been about one or both of the boys being unwell, winter hit us hard this year! I got a sweet gift from my colleagues as they know we've been having a hard time lately.


Last worn: teal 3/4 sleeve tee, teal skull scarf, black fit and flare dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Other ways to wearteal 3/4 sleeve tee and pencil skirt, teal skull scarf and maxi skirt, black fit and flare dress in spring, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyteal 3/4 sleeve tee in second trimester, black fit and flare dress in second trimester, black ankle boots and pregnancy announcement.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan




What I wore:

cobalt tee with LV monogram scarf and striped fit and flare dress statement earrings regan bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | cobalt tee, striped fit and flare dress colourful winter office outfit
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Earrings: Kmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
Top: thrifted cobalt blue long sleeve tee
DressJeanswest 'Rita' stripe jersey dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

While the blues here don't match at all, I also really liked this outfit. I tend to default to blue when I need a bit of a boost - my favourite colour, a frequent go to as I know it's easy to wear, and sometimes you just need to simplify things as much as possible when life gets crazy.

The navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag was another shade of blue with the outfit, but I think all the different shades worked nicely with the black and white dress. Black and white is such a classic combo you can go all out with the other pieces you add to your outfit!

It was a really cold morning and I did regret picking ballet flats over ankle boots! I did add a trench coat to both this outfit and the one above too, but didn't wear it for the pictures as it would have covered up the sleeves!


Last worn: cobalt long sleeve tee, Louis Vuitton shawl, statement tassel earrings, striped fit and flare dress, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan (above).

Other ways to wearcobalt long sleeve tee and pencil skirt, Louis Vuitton shawl and sheath dress, striped fit and flare dress for a baby shower, black ballet flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan and navy dress.

Perfect for pregnancystriped fit and flare dress in second trimester.



Fit & Flare Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A classic sleeveless dress can be worn to the office year round! In the cooler months it's easy to winterise your dress by layering a long sleeve tee underneath. You can take the opportunity to add some colour to a neutral dress with a bold tee as I have, or keep things simple and stick with a neutral tee to compliment the dress.



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. I love looking back through my blog and instagram to rediscover outfits I've loved! I love the pops of blue here :) hope you had a lovely weekend,
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's a great resource to have when I'm uninspired!

      Delete
  2. How lovely to get a pressie from your colleagues! Sorry to hear you've had such a tough winter. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring good health to you and your family. I love both of these outfits, Mica! I love the layered look. I really like the first outfit with the teal scarf. I love a bit of matchy-matchy too! Hope you have a great week ahead. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha :) I'm hoping the warm weather eventually brings a break in all the winter bugs too!

      Delete
  3. Love how you styled different shades of blue in each look! It's my favorite color. The scarves are always the perfect touch.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both looks are great- two different lovely shades of you my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love both outfits! What a great way to wear a dress in a totally different way! The scarves provide just the right color pop too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these outfits, Mica! The tops layered under the dress look great, and the dresses are both such cute, flattering silhouettes! Sorry to hear you've had a rough time battling illness lately. We're just getting started in that season here and ugh. It's no fun! Hope everyone is on the mend!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. We are all feeling better now :)

      Delete
  7. I always forget about layering sleevless dresses with long sleeve shirts! Will definitely have to keep this in mind for our upcoming cool temps!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one for the cooler weather! :)

      Delete
  8. Ooo I love both of these blue outfits! You always look so cute!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you layered these pieces, especially the first outfit. It kind of reminds me of how ballerinas usually dress to practice, in a good way :)

    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the scarf coordinates with your top! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's awesome they match so well! :)

      Delete
  11. Hi I adore how you layered both dresses. It really makes the dresses perfect to wear season to season. You look very pretty!

    I pray you have a blessed new week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unlike you I always leave my outfit planning right down to the last minute... I need to change my habits! I love all the layering in this outfit, I'm looking forward to being able to layer once it gets colder here x

    Reine | The Blush Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great habit to have, to be organised in advance! I'd never get us all out the door on time in the morning otherwise, haha!

      Delete
  13. Love the way you've paired these sleeveless dresses for cooler temps!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these looks! I think layering a long tee under a dress is a great way to get more wear out of it. So good!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both outfits, but I REALLY love the second one! The blue contrast is so good against the black and white stripes. Such great styling! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfits. My favorite is first one. I really like combination of colors in first outfit. It is perfect for this season.

    http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you've layered these sleeved dresses. Blue is such a pretty colour. Great outfits, both of them. Very elegant and office appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is definitely another versatile way to style a dress. I love the remixes here Mica. You look wonderful! :-)
    Have a blessed week.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually love both looks! The blue long sleeve shirt and scarf adds enough contrast and pairs perfectly well with either dress. It's also a great way to add a beautiful pop of color. I hope you had a great weekend and wishing you a happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always love the idea of adding a shirt under the dress like this. The funny thing is it's not the first way I think about layering, but it's fabulous!!
    I usually save the accessories to the next day too....there's just something about adding in the bling at the last minute that can make it a little more spontaneous!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I really should try that more often with these dresses, it's not the first way I think of either!

      Delete
  21. You do look great in blue! I prefer the second outfit, as the bold pattern really creates a fun look with the multi shades of blue (they don't have to match, they just have to go!). The first outfit would work better (IMO) with a bolder-patterned scarf - I can barely see the pattern of skulls on this one.

    Great layering, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It is a very muted scarf, but I just love how well it matched! :)

      Delete
  22. The blues here are great! I love the entire looks, especially the bag!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice gift from you coworker. Love your first outfit. Laying short sleeve dresses over long sleeve shorts. Is such a great way to get more use out of them.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both outfits are adorable! I really love the second outfit.. I've always wanted to try layering a dress this way. It looks fabulous!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both outs are beautiful, can't decide which one is much adorable. Layering a dress is really a nice idea especially in Autumn.
    Have a nice day <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both outfits are great Kinga and you look beautiful!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The size of this bag is super ideal; perfect for a daily work schedule I'd imagine! You wear it well and I also like the striped dress. I will forever have a very special place in my heart for stripes haha. Hope you're having a wonderful week so far babe!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby! It is such a good bag for work! :)

      Delete
  28. Great outfit ideas and what a beautiful bag, it must be so versatile!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love layering underneath to make clothes appropriate for colder seasons! You did a great job styling these outfits!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, me too love going back through my archives and getting ideas!! And thank you for reminding how much I love tees layered under dresses, it's such an adorable look and I need to do it again ASAP!! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I could give you an idea to re-try!

      Delete
  31. I love how you layered those tops under the fit and flare dresses, that is such a fun way to change up the look of a dress. I hope the warmer weather brings better health your way, it's the worst when our kiddos are sick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea. You're right, it's so tough when they are unwell!

      Delete
  32. This layering trick is so smart! I do this in the transitional months to stretch those dresses! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love these layered looks, Mica:) You look great in both of them! I've always been a fan of this type of outfit for the colder months because it's practical and warm:D And that Noosa Chocolate Factory gift you got was too sweet:)
    Hope you're having a lovely week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing shades of blue, lovely outfits!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so clever. I have to admit I do not own any tees like this. But, the layering is really cool matching it to the scarf is pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your blue scarves are always a fun pop of color. I love being able to layer underneath sleeveless dresses. I have a couple that I keep out year round for that purpose!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to keep these out and wear them more like this too! :) Great tip!

      Delete
  37. I love the bright blue accents in both looks! It's such a vivid color and you wore it beautifully.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are so creative with your outfits Mica, love both!!! I love to layer my summer dresses too and the addition of scarves makes everything so much fun!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loved reading this article, I also liked how you've done a YouTube explanation of the bag. It's so interesting as I've sworn by the same 2 Michael Kors bags for years now and I am keen to invest in another designer piece. This bag is just so versatile and can fit so much inside of it, whilst still looking chic.
    Also, I really like the way you've styled your outfit, the pop of blue on the scarf is so great!
    Love, Kate x

    www.kate-and-co.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I love a good 'what's in my bag' video! :)

      Delete
  40. I always love looking through my blog archive for inspiration - it's great because I know I've already got the exact pieces!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  41. Because it gets so cold here, I like to layer long sleeve tees underneath dresses too! I've never tried using them to add color though. It's a great idea! I love how they look especially paired with bright scarves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun way to wear a colourful long sleeve tee! :)

      Delete
  42. How cute to layer your dresses over tops! My college roommate was always doing that and it’s something I never ever think to do, haha. Like, duh! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I need to try more often! :)

      Delete
  43. I like the all blue look the vibrant cobalt looks great against your skin tone. Of course you have a great bag! I will layer shirts under dresses as the weather gets colder.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlytdressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks Simone :) I do love blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes, spring weather is great for that!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you all for your kind comments, and get well soon wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...