Friday 20 April 2018

Embroidered Tops And Shorts: Sea World Gold Coast Family Vlog

Simple outfits with the same formula, embroidered tops and shorts, but two very different looks.

This is quite a delayed post, sorry! I wanted to wait until I had my Sea World day out vlog to add to the post, so I held off from posting these outfits. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal as I usually post my outfits out of order anyway, but it does seem a little funny in these photos as you can see Cooper all fluffy before he got his big trim. He looks so different now!

What I wore:

sea world australia theme park outfit embroidered blouse denim shorts Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere | away from blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram themepark style denim shorts embroidered blouse converse LV speedy
BlouseJeanswest Elise longline embroidered shirt in coconut blue
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
Nails: OPI Purple With a Purpose

Why I wore it:

Had such a fun day out when I wore this. We went to Sea World on the Gold Coast for the day (see the vlog below). It had been pretty cloudy in Brisbane so I wasn't sure about the weather on the coast. I picked my Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag in case it rained, along with closed in shoes and a long sleeve blouse. I even brought a jacket and jeans for the boys. Of course it turned into a gloriously sunny day and I wished I'd worn a shorter sleeved top!


More detail about the day (including getting drenched on the rides and patting some stingrays!) in the video.


Last worn: embroidered blouse, bermuda denim shorts, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearembroidered blouse and leopard print scarf, 30 ways to wear bermuda denim shorts, Converse and maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse and maternity shorts, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.


Day Out At Sea World Australia on the Gold Coast






What I wore:

Caroline Morgan navy embroidered tunic monochrome printed shorts outfit with balenciaga pompon | away from blue

Balenciaga regular Pompon bag in Murier purple lilac | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram embroidered navy tunic monochrome outfit with printed shorts Balenciaga pompon bag
Necklace: statement silver plate necklace
Top: Caroline Morgan navy embroidered tunic
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga regular Pompon bag in Murier

Why I wore it:

A monochrome blue outfit for a busy day. I thought the embroidery on the tunic would tie in nicely with the white print on the shorts. I liked the two pieces together but felt that the tunic sat a little weirdly, there was a lot of extra fabric to tuck in. The plan was to go to ABA mum's group in the morning, drop off Cooper at the groomers, go home for lunch and a nap for the boys, then pick him up in the afternoon. A busy day, but manageable.

Of course nothing went according to plan! We were late to leave the house, which made us late for running errands before ABA, which made us late for ABA...and the lateness continued. When we eventually got home in the afternoon I realised that the groomer may have downplayed the injury Cooper got, as he was leaving a trail of blood around the house...

After freaking out, I found a local vet who could see us immediately (last thing on a friday afternoon!), he got his wounds treated and we were free to go home. Just a little late for starting dinner. Cooper is okay now, but it was one of those bad to worse days and I was so happy when it ended!


Last worn: embroidered tunic, printed soft shorts, Rebecca Minkoff studded sandals, Balenciaga pompon bag.

Other ways to wearembroidered tunic as a bikini cover up, printed soft shorts and kimonostudded sandals worn 30 ways, Balenciaga pompon bag and denim shorts.


More Embroidered Tops Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:


Embroidered tops are so fun to wear and they add a little interest to a plain top. The benefit of  embroidered tops and tunics is that the embellishment built into the top means no accessorising is needed! You don't need to worry about finding a matching necklace. If it's a hot day, add some shorts (or jeans in cooler weather) and you're set.


Linking up with Lizzie In Lace, Style Wise, Friday Faves, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, On Monday We Link Up, Hello Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. Very cute looks! That bag can go with anything :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Wow, I am so glad Cooper is ok! We have those type of days but thank God for a new day!

    I adore both looks! Embroidery is so attractive and I love how you kept the bottom simple. ...keeps the focus on the cute tops. As always, your handbags compliment perfectly. I pray you have a blessed weekend!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was grateful the day was over and he was okay at the end of it! :) I had a lovely weekend, hope you did too!

      Delete
  3. Some days are like that, when nothing goes on schedule or to plan. I really love the first outfit, and the speedy bandouliere looks so practical and stylish with the look. Wish you a lovely weekend, Mica! Well, we’re off to the countryside for a nice respite from city life for a bit, and I’m making a big brunch planned for friends.
    Take care!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some days are like that! I was glad when it was over! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. That outing to Sea World sounds like such a fun day out - the weather here has been really awful lately so we haven't made it out for many family outings lately but I'm hoping that changes soon. And what happened to your poor puppy sounds awful!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun day out! I'm glad Cooper is better, it was scary!

      Delete
  5. Super cute :)

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great casual style! Have a lovely weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mica
    I also love shirts with embroidered details. Your first look is perfect for the relaxed weekend and to go see Sea World, it must have been a lot of fun !!
    I also like your second look, although I do not like to see me with the blue color.

    It looks like we're going to have more rain this weekend ...

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you didn't have too much rain! It was very fun at Sea World

      Delete
  8. Aw poor Cooper! Look how cute he is peeking into your photos! Love the embroidery, I have an embroidered shirt that I can't wait to wear now the weather is a bit nicer here!
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely touch to an outfit on a warm day! Cooper is doing much better now :)

      Delete
  9. Embroidered stuff always looks so cute! Love both of the looks.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like yu had a lovely family adventure at Sea World Australia. Glad to hear there was nothing seriously wrong with Cooper and he is fine now. I can imagine you couldn't wait for that day to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really couldn't wait for that day to be over, but he's dune now :) We had a great day at Sea World!

      Delete
  11. Yikes! Poor Cooper, did you have a word with the groomer? That's horrible! Sounds like it was a stressful day for you guys, don't blame you for being glad when the day was finally over.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a stressful day. With two cranky boys I couldn't spend much time at the groomers but they definitely downplayed the injury!

      Delete
  12. such cute outfits!! i love your bags

    Lesley Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your time at Sea World looks fun, and I'm glad Cooper is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the embroidered tops, they are so pretty, and poor cooper! I always hate the buzz cut on chloe, so much cuter fluffy!
    http://iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much cuter fluffy, but it's hard for him when it's so warm!

      Delete
  15. Oh gosh, glad Cooper is ok! That's scary!

    And both of your outfits are just lovely. I really love embroidered tops too.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty tops! Sounds like you all had a fun day at Sea World!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love embroidery tops. You have styled your so well. I think both of your outfits are lovely, but I prefer the first one. The colour scheme is wonderful in both. Perfect colour coordination.

    I'm happy to hear about your visit to Sea World going well. It's great that it was so sunny, I imagine that made things even better. Seems like it was a great day! Sorry to hear about the other day, the one in which everything went wrong and poor Cooper got hurt. I'm glad he is doing better. Kudos to you for managing to find a vet at Friday afternoon, I know that's sometimes hard.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a contrast of days, as it was so fun at Sea World!

      Delete
  18. Great outfits, Mica:) I love both the embroidered tops:) And love the vlog! We don't have SeaWorld here in Canada because of the weather. My kiddos would love to go there. They love dolphins and penguins, and rides as well:) I think it's great that SeaWorld Aus release the creatures to the wild after rehab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do so much good for the animals. It's a shame you don't have anything like this, but the weather would limit it, haha!

      Delete
  19. these are so great outfits :D

    http://alafolie-toinsanity.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear about Coopers injury. Did you talk to the groomer about that? Surely he needs the feedback!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely wasn't happy and told her so!

      Delete
  21. Loved your outfits! you look beautiful
    Have a great weekend! xoxo
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  22. The looks are so cute, I love that first bag
    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the casual look dear :) anyway, thanks for your comment on my blog! awww i'm so jelly that you're having a cooler weather over there. Here it's super hot! haha. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, poor Cooper! Glad he is okay.
    Cute looks, btw.

    A Shimmer, A Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had so much fun at sea world! Both of your outfits are amazing and I am loving the embroidered details

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. you always look pretty no matter waht hope you are fine by now!

    https://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2018/04/i-let-my-ig-followers-make-decisions.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute outfit!! Love it!
    Happy weekend!
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. I’m a huge fan of embroidery! Such a beautiful blouse. Xx

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry to hear copper got hurt. Glad to hear he doing better. Its no fun when are fur kids are hurt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so hard when they are hurt :(

      Delete
  30. Cute outfit! Glad to see you had a nice time! :)

    https://covetedbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those bad to worse days are so rough. I hope everyone is doing better by now! I definitely would have freaked out over a trail of blood around the house, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was so scary! So difficult too, especially trying to clean it up and find a vet and get everyone ready to go out again!

      Delete
  32. Those tops are lovely! They look great on their own and when paired with a print! I'm sorry to hear about Cooper! I hope he's on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is completely back to normal now thankfully! :)

      Delete
  33. I haven't been to sea world in ages! How was it? I love your embroided shirts <3 so cute and your pup is adorable xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, as you can see in the video :)

      Delete
  34. My wardrobe is actually really sparse of anything embroidered so I'm definitely feeling inspired seeing your looks - such pretty tops! I'm also loving Cooper's cameo - I request him next post too!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha unfortunately the next post is a workwear post and he doesn't always like to get out of bed early in the morning!

      Delete
  35. OMG I loved this vlog!!!! We don't have anything like this at all here. I've never seen a dolphin, but that's so nice they rescue them and look after them. I can't believe how much fun they're having doing those jumps and tricks! And that's lovely the penguins have an arctic environment too xx.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the penguin enclosure is great to cool off in on a hot day, so chilly, haha! It's such fun to see all the dolphins, and they do so much for the animals on the Gold Coast :) Glad you enjoyed the video! :)

      Delete
  36. Cute casual looks dear, especially the tops. Pretty details, especially the 2nd (blue) one.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your outfits and your vibe, you have a very nice vibe! Very cute!

    Xoxo,Khloe
    http://khloelocom.weburl.ro/10-things-make-smile/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope you had a fabulous time at Sea World - what a fun way of spending a warm day! Out of these two lovely looks, the second is my favourite. You really suit the navy blue colour, and the addition of embroidery on the top is too pretty! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The second top was a gift from my mum, it's so nice.

      Delete
  39. Love the outfits, second slightly more. :)

    Kathy's delight

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the top from outfit 1, I've been looking for something similar for ages x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully some of the similar tops I linked up are right for you :)

      Delete
  41. Oh no! Poor Cooper! I'm really glad you were able to get him to a vet and that he's ok. What did the groomer say about it!? I have no idea about grooming dogs etc as I only ever had a short haired/no grooming necessary dog, do they get injured at the groomer's often?? How stressful.

    If I ever have a busy day that runs to time I feel an immense sense of achievement at the end of it! Hardly ever happens though, and I don't even have dogs or children :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The groomer was apologetic but definitely downplayed it as I didn't see the full extent until I got home!

      Delete
  42. I'm loving the embroidered tops, dresses, etc lately! So glad to hear Cooper is better now. What a scary moment! And your Sea World trip looks so much fun!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, embroidery is so fun, I'm always happy to add more to my wardrobe! :)

      Cooper is doing much better now :)

      Delete
  43. The embroidered white shirt reminds me of one I have! Love the second navy outfit too :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very common style, as it is so beautiful! :)

      Delete
  44. Thank you all for your lovely comments - it was such a fun day at Sae World, as you can see at the video! I am so glad Cooper is better now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love embroidered tops! They always look so refreshing.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love those embroidered tops--it's such a fun detail! Don't you hate it when one offset to your day just makes everything else suffer too!? Ugh. I hope poor Cooper is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The navy blue embroidered tunic looks very good on you! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...