Monday 15 August 2022

Striped Tees, Colourful Cardigans and Rebecca Minkoff Edie Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

Showing once again that this Luna blue Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag goes with everything for today's Weekday Wear Link Up. Sharing some striped tee and skinny jeans outfits I wore recently with black Converse and colourful cardigans.


What I wore:

purple cardigan, silver foil stripe tee, black nobody denim jeans, converse | awayfromtheblue

magenta cardigan, Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue on shoulder | awayfromblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
Tee: Jeanswest Anika foil stripe tee in white and silver
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

Sneaking another weekend outfit into the Weekday Wear Link Up! Wore this for a very relaxed weekend - a trip to the library with the kids in the morning, and then a BBQ at our friend's house in the afternoon to check out their renovations. It was such a nice day for it, this light cardigan was all I needed. I didn't want to overdress for a backyard BBQ but thought the bright purple cardigan and the silver foil stripes elevated this jeans and tee outfit just enough to look a little more special for the occasion.

One of our friends brought their dogs too so with us having Cooper along also there were dogs and kids everywhere - everyone had a great time, even if we had to leave a little early to get the kids home.





What I wore:

mustard cardigan olive jeans stripe tee converse and Rebecca minkoff Edie bag

mustard cardigan, Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
ScarfThe Quintessential Cambridge Willow green floral snood
TeeAtmos&Here oversized stripe tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've worn this mustard cardigan with the olive jeans, I really like the combination so it's on frequent repeat in the colder weather. Initially I was just going to have this outfit without a scarf, like the one above, but it was a super cold morning so I was hunting around at the last minute for a scarf to wear. This infinity scarf was perfect! The shades of green were a little coordinated with the olive jeans, and I love print mixing with florals and stripes.

Again I wore the Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag, roomy enough for all my essentials with and a lot more, and it worked well as my son had a few things for me to take home after my session helping out in his classroom. It was a special celebration day for the class so they didn't do any of the usual work I help them out with, which was a nice change for us parent volunteers, and the kids! After that it was just working from home until it was time for school pick up again in the afternoon, when thankfully it was a bit warmer!


Last worn: mustard cardigan, printed snood, grey striped tee, olive skinny jeans, Converse (above), Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag (above).

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan and printed jeans, printed snood and dress, grey striped tee and red jeans, olive skinny jeans worn 30 ways, Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag and midi dress.

Perfect for pregnancymustard cardigan and shift dress, grey striped tee at 40 weeksConverse in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

Striped tees are a classic wardrobe staple, and are often worn with jeans. To try make your outfit stand out a little more, you could add a bright and colourful cardigan. perfect for colder winter days.



Weekday Wear Linkup #182


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. Love these comfy chic casual looks! Thanks so much for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bbq sounds like fun - kids and dogs everywhere - those are the best kind! You dressed perfectly for it!
    Hope you have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these looks. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your outfits Mica. I love the colorful cardigans. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wearing a cardigan, it's a piece that goes with everything.
    I loved the two colors! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stripped tee is lovely. And I am obsessed with the cardigans. The hues work so well in both outfits. I hope you are having a great week.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/08/how-5-iconic-fall-pieces-have-become-my.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each time I see that mustard cardigan I remind myself that I need to find one that I like. Sounds like fun weekend! One of my boys fainted at church this Sunday so that was a little stressful: low blow sugar from not eating breakfast!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how scary, hopefully he is okay now!

      Delete
  8. Super cute outfits, Mica! A backyard barbecue sounds so great right now1

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blue purse really stands out wonderfully Mica. I always love how you change out your purses.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta justify why I have so many in my collection by rotating through them frequently, haha!

      Delete
  10. Seeing your magenta cardigan is making me eager for cooler weather so I can wear mine! Of course I love the stripe + floral print mix in the second outfit, and that color combination is primo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The barbecue sounds like fun for all! Love both of these outfits with the striped top and great channel quilted bag that mimics the strips. Enjoy your week and thanks for the link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colour of that handbag indeed goes with absolutely everything!
    I can't decide which of your outfits I love the most, but if really pressed I'd go for the second one. I can't wait for the weather to cool down here so that I can wear my cardigans again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cooler weather is such good cardigan weather, I've enjoyed wearing these again!

      Delete
  13. This is a cool look, thanks for sharing and hosting the link up. Hope the weather is good for you and not too cold. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of these outfits, and kudos for stepping up your outfit game with some fancy details, like the foiling in the shirt and the pretty green print scarf. How fun for all the kids and dogs to frolic together!

    Here's to a good week ahead, Mica! I finally figured out what to do on the back of your purse, so I'm eager to get going on that - I started it just yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not have the perfect "always be upgrading" pieces but it's nice to try add little details now and then! :) And I am loving the bag progress, it's so exciting!

      Delete
  15. Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. the BBQ sounds like fun. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love a good infinity scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Rebecca Minkoff bag truly does go with everything! I love how it pops against your yellow cardigan, especially :)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! blue and yellow are always lovely together!

      Delete
  18. Your bag is gorgeous! Love both of these cozy chic outfits!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you had a really nice weekend! I like your bright cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful looks, Mica. You have such an amazing collection of purses.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how a colorful cardigan can brighten up any look! Great styling, Mica!

    -Ashley
    New post is up, come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello,
    My favorite look is the second one, I love the yellow color!
    You're always very busy in countless activities, I don't know how you have time for the blog!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don't have as much time for it as I used to, before kids, haha! but it's a fun relaxing hobby for me :)

      Delete
  23. I love your outfits, you are always so cute! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bag is so beautiful! I really like the print mixing with your scarf and striped shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't think of anything better than weekend bbq's with friends and cute outfits. I am loving that mustard cardigan paired with the olive leggings! Gonna have to find something similar to wear this autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Edie bag is so versatile! I love both ways you styled it here, and the color is just beautiful.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your striped tees and both these looks are wonderful.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. The blue-gray color of your Edie is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice shade of blue that goes with everything!

      Delete
  29. Thank you all for your comments - and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...