Monday 27 April 2020

22 Ways To Wear A Grey Tee: Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing a bright and colourful outfit I wore to work from home, and sadly the last wearing of this grey tee, so I'm looking back at the 22 wears I managed to get from it!

What I wore:

work from home colourful style with magenta skinny jeans grey tee and floral navy kimono | awayfromblue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy floral cocoon blanket kimono with grey tee magenta skinny jeans
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Tee: Atmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
PantsSass & Bide The Winning Day Lovestate Jeans in magenta
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas

Why I wore it:

I adore this tee - so much so that I bought it in three colours! I have a burgundy one, this grey one and a black one. The black one has already left my wardrobe, I was hoping to get this grey tee to 30 wears but this last wear just confirmed to me it's stretched out just like the other black tee, sadly!

The super soft and stretchy fabric has elastane in it, which while making it very soft also doesn't survive a lot of heavy duty washes (and during breastfeeding a while ago I had to wash everything at 60℃, breastfeeding mums will know the pain!). This tee was frequently worn then but seemed to be coping much better than the black one and keeping its shape well. Until I realised I was constantly tugging and pulling at it all day, even though I wasn't doing anything too adventurous and just working from home. I'm sad it's left my wardrobe after just 22 wears, but it did last longer than the black version and it was my own fault not caring for it properly!

Issues with the tee aside, I really liked this outfit! In the cooler morning and with a video call booked in for work, I swapped my usual stay at home loungewear for this slouchy tee and the colourful but cosy floral kimono. I love how the navy with the pink flowers went with the magenta skinny jeans!


Last worn: floral kimono, beaded necklace, grey tee, Havaianas, Sass and Bide magenta skinny jeans.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and maxi dress, grey tee and maxi skirt, Sass and Bide magenta skinny jeans and blazer.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral kimono at 39 weeks, grey tee in second trimester.


22 Ways To Wear A Grey Tee


Much like the time I showed you 30 ways to wear a (different) grey tee, I wear this a lot with denim! I was hoping to hit 30 wears with this tee but it was just too annoying to wear - I like comfortable clothes, I don't like to be pulling or fussing with what I wear! I also don't like worrying about the neckline creeping down when I'm on a work call!

I got it on sale for $17.46 from The Iconic, back in 2014 when I could never resist an Atmos & Here sale at The Iconic! It's definitely my most worn of the three colours I have this tee in, even though it didn't hit my goal of getting worn 30 times. It works out to 79 cents a wear, which isn't too bad, but I really wish I'd got more wears from it!

Here are some of the ways I styled it over the years:


Grey Tee and Blue Denim

5 ways to wear a grey tee and blue denim | awayfromtheblue

The most classic outfit you can ever have - a grey tee and blue denim. Shorts jeans, a grey tee works in all seasons. And you can always add a necklace, bag or kimono (or all three!) for a little extra colour.


Grey Tee in Monochrome Outfit

3 grey tee monochrome outfit ideas | away from blue

Such a simple way to wear a grey tee - just add something black like a skirt or jeans, and you have an easy monochrome outfit. Adding a bright necklace or bag is a good way to introduce a colour pop if you don't want to stick to just black and white.



Grey Tee and Colourful Pants

5 ways to wear a grey tee and colourful pants | awayfromtheblue

Of course it's not just blue jeans a grey tee works with! I liked wearing this grey tee with my more colourful jeans and pants, the neutral goes with any colour.


Grey Tee and Print Mixing

3 print mixing outfit ideas with a grey tee | away from blue
Taking advantage of this neutral grey tee as the base of an outfit, it lets me add in brightly coloured scarves and even a little bit of print mixing! From the subtle striped cardigan and leopard scarf, or the bolder chevron jeans and magenta skull scarf, the grey tee is a great backdrop for a mix of prints.



Grey Tee and Maxis

grey tees and maxi skirt 6 mum style outfit ideas | away from the blue

A grey tee is as much of a staple in my wardrobe as maxi skirts. It's an easy outfit for a warmer day, this grey tee goes with any colour or print of skirt. I've even layered it over a blue maxi dress before too, as you can see at the bottom there.


If you're looking for more outfit inspiration, check out 30 ways to wear a grey tee here, or all the posts in the 30 ways to wear series.


Grey Tees Under $50:





Weekday Wear Linkup #68


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Style Six, Thursday Moda, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

98 comments:

  1. Hello! great entry. I hope I understood everything well, because my language is Polish: D I think you have a really great blog full of passion! Pictures are great too :) best regards from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really make the case for the versatility of a grey tee! I don't currently own one, ha done but it got some weird holes in it and I never replaced it. All of these looks are lovely Mica, thanks for the link up!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey tees are a wardrobe staple for me, I'm just sad this one didn't last long!

      Delete
  3. You can't beat the versatility of this grey tee! You are such a master in creating all of these looks Mica. Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a plain grey shirt too like this one but I always wear it with pants only. Thanks for the idea! :)

    Stay safe! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can’t go wrong with a basic gray tee...clearly you have illustrated that! So many great looks. I would say you definitely got your money’s worth with that tee!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, although I do wish I'd taken better care of it and got more wear from it!

      Delete
  6. I'm loving the necklace. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always difficult to let go of an item that works so well in your wardrobe! Thankfully, you got a decent amount of use from it. And you were so creative pairing it with other pieces!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what we call a steal of a deal. Honestly you have had so many great wears out of it. Last summer I tried to buy just some regular tees and had so much trouble finding a fit and color that worked for me. I was so frustrated, so it's a good idea to buy it in multiple colors when you do find one that you like. The kimono is so lovely and totally dresses the tee up! I hope you have another great week of working from home.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when you find the perfect tee you should definitely buy it in bulk! :)

      Delete
  9. I have a grey t, I guess I could wear it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all the different ways together that you have worn something. Lots of cute looks! My fav is the with the jeans and the brown boots.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love items like your grey tee because it is easy to style and, at the same time, it looks very stylish in every your outfit. it is one of those basic items which we all need in our wardrobes. Have a wonderful week, Mica!

    Tatiana

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Favourites like these are too difficult to let go, aren't they?😉
    And how versatile your fabulous grey tee is...your outfits are a real inspiration...that has he'd me diving into the back of my wardrobe to find some well worn items of my own to revamp!
    Oh thank you so much for this brilliant post!😊👍😊👍

    Have a super day!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I at first read „20 years“ instead of „20 wears“ - that would have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh dear I don't think I'd fit into anything from 20 years ago when I was a child, haha!

      Delete
  14. Oh, what a pity it must leave your wardrobe! It is really a pity that especially the pieces we really like have not always the good quality that is needed. Such a tee is really versatile - I have a similar grey tee and wear it also often. I hope it will last for some years ago ... You styled cool and beautiful looks with your grey tee!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a shame it had to leave my wardrobe so soon!

      Delete
  15. A gray tee is so versatile. And of course you styled it up in so many great ways!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A grey tee is such a versatile wardrobe staple. Love a look back at all of the creative ways you have styled this one! Stay safe and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A grey tee is a must have and I love seeing all of these cute looks! Thank you for the inspo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving that magenta jeans outfit! The floral kimono is so pretty! And such creative ways to use a gray tshirt! They all look fabulous!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup! Hope you and your family are doing well!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have anything to share this week, but stopping by to see what you've put together, and this is a great one! In my eyes, classic tees like this are a must for every closet, and so versatile. Best wishes :)

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. A grey tee is definitely a must! These are beautiful ways to wear them. I love your blog, want to follow each other? Let me know dear!

    NEW POST: https://fallingforvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. A grey tee is so basic, you can wear it anytime with almost every style!
    As you've well showed with your pics! Every outfit looks simple but cool!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don t know why not, but I can't link up for weeks now with you. Sorry. Grey is such a good color isn't it, looks good with any other color! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you haven't been able to link up!

      Delete
  23. Well, I think you did really well at that many wears, Mica, well done! I sleep in my old tees, or cut them up to use them as soft rags for dusting or polishing. Hopefully you can still get a bit of use out of this rather than binning it.

    You look awesome with the kimono and magenta trousers - beautiful look! Thanks so much for the link-up - I'll be along in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely won't be put in the bin! even for things that are really torn and stained you can get them recycled here at H&M :)

      Delete
  24. All photos are very beautiful.
    I'm looking for a translator on your blog ... could I ask for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use google chrome it has an automatic translator built in :)

      Delete
  25. I love the first outfit of your grey print mixing. I had a t-shirt with that neckline and it drove me all kinds of crazy, too. I finally got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello Mica
    This tee is very versatile, the proof of that are all these looks that you present to us. I love this type of post! Gray is not my cup of tea, as a color !! But you have beautiful looks there !! I love to participate in your link up !! Stay safe !!

    xoox

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a [pretty outfits :) Love greys

    https://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can totally see why you got so much wear out of this, Mica:) Not only do you look great in it, it's comfy to boot. So sorry you had to let it go, but you certainly got a lot of love from it:) So many creative ways you wore this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a lot of great wears from it! :)

      Delete
  29. You can wear grey tee with everything. Love all these outfits and hope you are safe x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have more gray than I do black or white. -it goes with everything

    ReplyDelete
  31. A basic grey tee is definitely a wardrobe staple. Always sad to let go of a loved item, but you did well with 22 wears,creating a bevy of beautiful looks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm pleased I got a few wears from it!

      Delete
  32. I love how versatile a grey tee is, it's something I wear often too! I've never heard of having to wash clothes at a certain temperature when breastfeeding, that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're lucky! We had to wash everything over 60 and switch to paper towels for a bit as the infection kept coming back, was some really tough and painful times!

      Delete
  33. This makes you realize that grey really does go with everything Mica. I know what you mean about not caring for pieces that well, but I also have to take into account our time and energy.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much gentler on my clothes now!

      Delete
  34. So many great ways to wear a grey tee! Who knew it was so versatile. Love it!
    Tay | Today With Tayla

    ReplyDelete
  35. A v-neck tee is such a versatile warm weather staple. It's no wonder you picked this up in other colors as well. I love the first outfit with the kimono. Total effortless chic.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Its sad that you had to let the shirt go but it awesome you got 22 wears out of it. I hope you have a great week. My week start off great with a day off at home with my family.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. So many cute ways to layer it! I love all the looks. A grey tee is the perfect thing for all of us to have in our closets :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's amazing how many different outfits you managed to squeeze from a simple great t-shirt, Mica. Great styling, thanks for sharing
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Grey tees are essential in a closet! I wear mine so much! I love all the cute ways you've worn yours! Thanks for sharing all of this great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Woooo
    Awesome post
    Have a lovely day too =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. grey tee is super versatile!
    love how you mix it with prints
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love seeing so many outfits in one post, Mica! I love all of these colourful looks! Grey tees really go with everything and are so versatile. Hope you're having a great week so far. Thanks for the linkup! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! It's fun putting together posts like these :)

      Delete
  43. Ahh, I can never get enough of a simple, classic and flattering T-shirt like this grey one! So many brilliant ways to have styled the pice Mica :) Have a happy and healthy week!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your simple style :) Sometimes you just need a plain grey tee!

    https://www.mariannyc.com/duolingo-more-time-to-learn/

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have so many gray tees, but I really can't get enough because they're so versatile!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great looks with a grey tshirt :-D And cute dog, sneaks in some of the photos :-D

    ReplyDelete
  47. I agree, a good gray tee is a wardrobe essential—as you've shown, it's so versatile!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gray is one of my favorite colors!
    It's the same as black, it matches everything and it looks beautiful.
    I loved all the ways you wore the shirt :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  49. The grey tee had a great run, and will always be a closet staple! Love your work from home look, so easy and comfy but still put together!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  50. Amazing how such a basic piece can be transformed and worn in about a hundred different ways! Thanks for the inspo.

    By Rocio V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have worn it that many ways, it was a great tee! :)

      Delete
  51. I have always loved Monochroming in grey apparel and tees are my must-have !! Great creative ideas, I love your post!!
    Sonia
    www.soniaaicha.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Piece like this shirt is so great, can be used and styled in so many way, being so elegant while still absolutely comfy. I see you truly made the best of it :)

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi! Wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am all about a grey tee and jeans - classic and works for almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  55. That's a lot of ways! You just proved how versatile a grey tee can be! Thank you for sharing Mica. I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really like that first outfit ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  57. Nice Jacket with floral print!! Perfect for Spring.
    Greetings.


    NEW POST IN MY FASHION BLOG!!: http://www.adrianosle.com/2020/04/mi-segundo-tatuaje_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  58. You've managed to wear grey in so many stylish ways! This is such great inspo!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. These outfits are so cute on you! Such a great way to style a grey tee!

    xo Logan
    https://peculiarporter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  60. That grey tee is great. It is amazing in how many ways you have worn it. Such a versatile item for sure. I think my fav look is with pink pants but it looks great worn with skirts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Nice! Grey is so versatile!
    Check my 25 ways to wear a twilly on my latest post ;)
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your ways to wear post was great! :)

      Delete
  62. I love all of these looks - I have been LIVING in tees during quarantine!

    ReplyDelete
  63. A grey tee is always a great staple!! I think I love it most with your kimono - then again, I'm obsessed with the kimono! It's so pretty!

    I hope all is well with you friend, and this week is treating you well!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  64. Grey T-shirt is a basic on my wardrove too. I use it with different styles and you always can find a winner combo.
    Kisses,
    E.
    http://www.withcapitale.com/2020/04/the-red-maxi-bag-you-need.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitaleofficial/

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow so many ways to style a grey tee Mica, you did a fantastic job!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi Mica, hope you're doing well in this weird season!

    I love the result, the kimono was definitely a good purchase and is a statement piece for many outfits! And the grey tee is what I call a good investment, something you'll be able to wear over and over!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! it's a shame I didn't get more wear from it!

      Delete
  67. Mica you fashioned the great T-shirt in so many nice ways. I love grey T-shirts and have a few myself.
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  68. a tee shirt is most comfortable and gray is such a versatile color!!

    best wishes with your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. You can't go wrong with a grey tee! Such a great wardrobe staple xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  70. That's too bad about the t-shirt! I hate when I have to deal with a neckline issue--that would totally be a reason for me to get rid of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't stand clothes I have to fuss over!

      Delete
  71. It's a great tee and it seemed pretty versatile! I love all the outfits your shared with it.

    It's sad, but often the most comfy pieces of my wardrobe are the first to go as well...

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  72. It's sad that the tee didn't last to 30 wears, but you managed to create some great outfits with it! I really love how it looks with the colorful pants and maxi skirt.

    http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  73. A grey tee is probably something I would need to buy, it's such a staple - and I think that this one held up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish it had held up to 30 wears!

      Delete
  74. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...