Wednesday 11 December 2019

3 Colours To Wear With A Navy Kimono

I'm so close to 30 wears with this navy printed kimono so I've been wearing it a lot lately so I can reach that goal and put together a 30 ways to wear post with it.

Since I haven't hit that number quite yet, I'm just showing you 3 different ways I've worn this navy kimono recently, and some ideas of different colours to wear with a blue kimono.

What I wore:

navy kimono with red tee and distressed denim shorts, louis vuitton neverfull tote for picnic park play date | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | awayfromblue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy printed kimono coral tee black denim shorts louis vuitton neverfull tote
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
TeeJeanswest Emily cotton v-neck tee in coral
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a much needed family day! While the smoke haze from the bushfires had died down a little near is the air quality was still pretty low and we hadn't spent a lot of time outside. Me being sick hadn't helped!

We decided to spend the day on the coast where the air was much clearer, having a picnic in the park before dinner at my parents. It was a really fun day and a much needed chance to relax. Even if we did have to pull out the first aid kits (yes plural) out the car just after we got to the park, the rest of the day went much better.

This v-neck tee is labelled as coral but always looks so red in pics! I like red and blue together and think this coral tee really pops with the navy print. I think navy and black go together well too and these shorts were so comfortable for a morning playing in the park. The Louis Vuitton neverfull is a great bag for carrying all the little extras at a picnic that don't fit in the main bag too.

The tassel necklace adds a touch of a third colour with the turquoise beads as well.


Last worn: navy kimono, tassel necklace, coral tee, distressed denim shorts, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton azur neverfull.

Other ways to wearnavy kimono and pencil skirt, coral tee and maxi skirt, distressed denim shorts and printed tee, Louis Vuitton azur neverfull and chambray skirt.

Perfect for pregnancynavy kimono in second trimester, Louis Vuitton azur neverfull at 38 weeks.





What I wore:

navy printed kimono with bermuda denim shorts orange tee Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag | away from blue

printed kimono with Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | orange tee blue printed kimono bermuda denim shorts park play date outfit
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: Kmart blue multi-colour beaded necklace
TeeJeanswest essential v-neck tee in marigold
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

Another shorts, tee and kimono outfit, this one even brighter than the one above! Orange and blue are a bold colour combo and I love the two together. With my classic blue Bermuda denim shorts and  neutral tan MAB camera bag it was a simple and colourful outfit for another play date in the park with some school mums, a few weeks ago before the smoke haze got too bad.

Probably could have tucked this orange tee in a little to make the outfit look more streamlined like I did in the first outfit, but with the longer length of the kimono and longer shorts I thought I'd try it untucked.


Last worn: navy kimono (above), blue beaded necklace, marigold tee, Bermuda denim shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag.

Other ways to wearnavy kimono and maxi skirt, marigold tee over a dress, Bermuda denim shorts worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and matching boots.

Perfect for pregnancynavy kimono in third trimester.







What I wore:

grey skater dress with studded sandals navy printed kimono regan bag and magenta statement necklace | away from blue

Roie Designs bracelet stack with Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | away from blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | grey skater dress and kimono with magenta statement necklace rebecca minkoff regan bag
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: thrifted magenta pink statement beaded necklace
DressAsos grey skater dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite beaded bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

Something very different, wearing a dress and kimono together this time. I've worn this grey skater dress with kimonos in the past and really liked the combo so thought I'd try this navy kimono with it.. I like blue and grey together, and I kept it simple with neutral studded sandals and a navy bag to match the print on the kimono.

Couldn't resist adding a little more colour though with this fun thrifted magenta statement necklace - it really stands out against the grey dress and I like pink and blue together too.

It was a hot day, and I felt a little warm in this! The dress is quite a thick cotton. Wanted to wear a dress to try beat the heat and look a little more pulled together for an appointment with my son. A sleeveless one might have worked better though.


Last worn: navy kimono (above), pink statement necklace, grey skater dress, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff navy Regan bag.

Other ways to wearnavy kimono and peplum tank, grey skater dress layered two ways, studded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff navy Regan bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancynavy kimono in third trimester, grey skater dress in second trimester.



Navy Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A navy kimono is a wardrobe staple for me and it works with so many other colours! Red, orange, pink, turquoise or even a neutral like grey are great things to wear with it. You can go big and bold with a bright tee or more subtle with a colourful accessory like a necklace.


Linking up with Chic and Stylish, Fashion Files, Weekend Wear, Lizzie In Lace.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. You and I share our love for kimonos Mica - I just think they are the perfect completer pieces for our warm climates!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best completer piece on a warm day! :)

      Delete
  2. Navy is such a great neutral color! I adore the print on this kimono and love all these looks you put together.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first out fit. It's cute for summer x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are really cool photos! I like all bags, especially your black bag. Cool review! I follow your blog. Please follow me back^ beauty4fem.blogspot.com Glad to meet you. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the smoke is going away! Really liking the color of your kimono! Such a great layering piece!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach - I wish there were no more bushfires, it's not nice seeing so much smoke around but I know those closest to the fires have it much worse!

      Delete
  6. That is very pretty and I like how it looks with the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you can wear pretty much anything with navy! That kimono is kind of like jeans, I'd wear it with anything and everything!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great neutral! And it does go with everything! :)

      Delete
  8. I love seeing the different colors you paired with this! Sorry to hear you've been sick - Hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder you've used so much that kimono: it looks great! Plus, navy blue is a very versatile color that you can easy combine in many ways and with almost any other color!
    I especially like the combo with shorts, looks so fresh and summery! :D
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in your outfits and I love the kimono! The neverfull bag is great too as I have the brown one and you can fit so much in them. Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVEEEEEEEEEE it with the gray skirt/shirt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like you styling tips, I think my fave is the second one, orange and blue. Pretty bag too xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that pretty orange top underneath. Thirty wears for a kimono? That's a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot, but I'm aiming to get to that with every piece I buy! :)

      Delete
  14. I love the color and pattern on that kimono - I really need to get some to wear this spring. It's perfect in all three ways you've styled it. I think my favorite, though, is with the marigold tee shirt. I love that bright pop of color with the kimono and jeans presenting as a very similar color. The turquoise tassel necklace in the first one is perfect to go with so many things. Turquoise goes with so much.

    I hope you're not sick because of all of the smoke. How sad it is to think of the loss of so many koalas and the other wildlife caught up in this disaster. Praying for an end to it soon. Stay safe and stay indoors.

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/12/09

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. It's good the fires near us are a little more under control so the smoke is giving us a bit of a break now and then, I can't imagine what it's like closer to the fires! I know Sydney has had it really tough.

      Delete
  15. I love the bright colors you paired with it especially! I think navy is so pretty paired with bright colors! It's not as harsh as black.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely kimono!
    This blue kimono looks great with the marigold shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the different ways you styled this beautiful kimono! The navy definitely looks perfect with those bright colors!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the kimono with the dress, Mica!!
    It's so good you keep track of how many times you've worn something.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog makes it easy, if I can post a photo of what I wear each day I just search the blog archives to find how many times I've worn things!

      Delete
  19. Interestingly enough I like the kimono best in the first outfit - casual chic and totally practical too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute! I love it with the denim shorts and tank top. A fun kimono to throw on is always great to have.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was just mentioning how I need more read in my closet. The kimono is very versatile. I love it how you try to get 30 wears out of different pieces in your closet.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good challenge to have and helps me to shop less as I want to rewear what I have more!

      Delete
  22. Orange and navy surely pop, but I prefer the red version (even if it isn’t actually red, only looks that way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so red, unless I hold it up against something red, then it's more coral! haha!

      Delete
  23. Ohh, these are some cute outfits, loving the denim shorts and tank top. I also love your dress.
    It seems the weather in your city is nice, here it's so chilling and freezy. Hope for some sunshine...hahaha
    Have a nice day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. The right colours really makes the kimono stand out in the best possible way! It's amazing how they compliment and add an extra special element to each look!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all the way you have worn the kimono. I love how you keep track of how many time you have worn your clothes.

    www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog makes it easy, as I post what I wear each day I can look it up!

      Delete
  26. I love your posts of 30 ways to wear.... My favorite look is with the orange tee.

    I hear on the news about the forest fires here in Australia, omg that's terrible!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fires have been so bad this season :( It will be a tough summer!

      Delete
  27. Such a beautiful combination of colours. I love how you mix and match them with navy kimono. You look so beautiful.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/12/claigio-led-magic-eye-patch_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. These three are all such cute outfits, Mica:) I particularly like the orange and blue together...one of my fave colour combos:) And that's great that the bushfires had died down. We've seen it on the news over here:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bad bushfire season, there are so many around :(

      Delete
  29. I like how the first two outfits adds a nice pop of color with the tee shirt. It really compliments with the blue kimono very well.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  30. love green kimono the most
    https://www.stylebasket.in/

    ReplyDelete
  31. You styled the duster perfectly hun. Have a fabulous weekend, we are off to watch Jumanji with the boys.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look so lovely in that navy kimono.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aren't you the queen of kimonos, Mica! You always seem to find different ways to wear them. No doubt this one will reach 30 wears soon. There's also no doubt that the second one, combining orange and navy in one sizzling summer outfit, is my favourite! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly at 30 wears, I've been wearing it on heavy repeat lately! :)

      Delete
  34. That orange color pops beautifully against all of the blue in that outfit! *heart-eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really cute color combos you have here dear, especially the first one. Such a pretty pop of color on you.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Orange and blue combination is always gorgeous. You always mix and match all your outfits so perfectly Mica. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...