Wednesday 27 November 2019

V-Neck Tees Knotted Over Tiered Sundresses With Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag

I'm a little sad that Kmart hasn't brought these strappy tiered sundresses back again this year, I was so hoping they would! They are such a staple in my wardrobe and they aren't just worn in the summer months. Today I'm sharing two spring outfits I made with them by knotting some tees over the top. I did this in winter too with knits.

What I wore:

orange tee knotted over black printed tiered sundress with colourful accessories | awayfromblue

little black dress with Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | marigold orange tee with black sundresses knotted spring layer bright necklace love bag
NecklaceRuby Olive Art series long striped pod necklace
TeeJeanswest essential v-neck tee in marigold
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus mixed metal bracelet stack
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

I wore this a little bit too late for Halloween! But I did like the black and orange combo. This v-neck tee is a recent purchase from the Jeanswest sale. I picked it up as I loved the orange, and went to try it on. Then it looked so mustard in the change room. I asked the SA as I was buying it, it's definitely not mustard right?! ha! I do love mustard but I already have a mustard tee.

Like you do with a new purchase, I wanted to wear this shortly after I bought it and realised it would be a great pop of colour with this little black tiered sundress. With the nude studded gladiator sandals and the grey Rebecca Minkoff love bag, I wanted to add a little more colour to the outfit and this Ruby Olive necklace was perfect! It was a Christmas gift from my bestie last year.

I liked the slight extra warmth this tee gave layered over the sundress for church too - always so cold in church with the aircon!


Last worn: black Aztec print dress, statement necklace, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. First time I've worn the tee as it was a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearblack Aztec print dress and denim jacketstudded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff Love bag in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Rebecca Minkoff Love Cross Body Bag










What I wore:

grey v neck tee knotted over printed tiered sundress with ankle boots love bag | away from blue

blush printed sundress with Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | mum style church outfit knotted grey tee over tiered printed sundress with rebecca minkoff love bag
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Dress: Kmart strappy tiered sundress in watercolour blue and blush print
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Another outfit I wore to church, another tee knotted over a sundress! Unlike the first outfit, I let the dress be the colour with the blue and pink print and went with a neutral grey tee to match the Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. Picked the black ankle boots as I wore this a few weeks before the first outfit, where I wanted a little extra warmth for the cooler spring morning. It turned into a beautifully warm day by the afternoon though.

This grey tee is such a wardrobe staple - I have a 30 ways to wear post coming up with it soon because I've finally achieved over 30 wears with it. It was one of the pieces I searched through my blog archives for first when I heard about the 30 wears challenge, so sure that I'd have already hit 30 wears with it! I have finally got over 30 wears with it now, and I've been putting a 30 wears post together every month for almost 2 years, haha!

I knotted this tee to the side but I preferred the way I knotted the tee in the first outfit, making the knot more of a statement.

Last worn: grey v-neck tee, blush and blue sundress, beaded necklace, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff love bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey v-neck tee and maxi skirt, blush and blue sundress and pink bag, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff love bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancygrey v-neck tee in second trimesterblack ankle boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff love bag in third trimester.



V-Neck Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It

A v-neck tee is a wardrobe staple and pairs so nicely with denim - jeans or shorts! For something a little different and for a cooler spring or autumn day, try layering a tee over one of your fave summer dresses to create a whole new look!





What I Bought In November:


I'd usually do an extra post for this with a video but I've been a bit unwell this month and lost my voice for over a week so I'm just adding a little note onto this post. I also only bought three things:


I used up the last of my Christmas gift cards in the Jeanswest 40% off sale to pickup some colourful pieces for summer, and as I was hunting the opshops for books for our Christmas book advent calendar I couldn't resist this cute necklace for just $3!

Here's how I've worn it all:




Linking up with Fancy Friday, WIWS, On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. You look great. I LIKE YOUR SKIRT AND YOUR NECKPIECE.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/11/Howto-stayhappy-happiness-joy-excited-happypeople-money-blogger.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same bag in tan from Rebecca Minkoff. It's one of my faves. Love that tiered skirt in the first look especially!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a dress :) And it's a great bag! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the look of a knotted tee over a dress--it's just such a fun way to make a dress feel a little more laid back. That first look is so fun and colorful, I love the addition of the necklace! And that second look is perfection too, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your statement necklace with that yellow shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to layer a tee over a sundress. I don't know why I never think to do that in the summer. And I LOVE your RM sandals! A perfect neutral to go with anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun way to change up the look of a dress! :)

      Delete
  6. The top over the dress is a very cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both outfits are fabulous! I really love the colour of that first top. It is so flattering and makes everything else pop in the best possible way.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both such pretty looks. Love how you tied knots on your tops!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. The same thing happened to me, Target stopped selling a sandal that was SUPER comfortable to walk in. They made a similar style but they just weren't the same.
    I really love that first one, the print is so fun!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad when a favourite is discontinued! :(

      Delete
  10. Love these combinations and colors! You look wonderful in both outfits!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and cool idea a knotted tee! You're always so stylish Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great idea to make the most out of your sundresses. That first outfit is my favourite, as I love that bright pop of orange and that gorgeous necklace. Hope you are feeling better and have got your voice back in the meantime! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do have my voice back now thankfully!

      Delete
  13. That is a shame they did not bring back those dresses. I love doing a knotted tee such a fun way to make a basic tee look less dumpy if that makes sense which is how they look some times worn with flowing skirts. Both combinations are great. Ooo you got a lot this month. I am on a shopping ban.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to stick to your shopping ban! It's hard near Christmas with so many sales, haha!

      Delete
  14. I do like how you knot your t-shirts to make them cropped. Such a clever trick and it looks great worn with dresses. I love both sundresses you wore and the tees you paired them with. The combo or an orange tee and a darker printed sundress works really well in the first look. I also like your bag. The second outfit with a more neutral colour palette is very pretty and stylish as well. You look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I don't know hwy I don't knot them more often - it's a nice way to change them up a little!

      Delete
  15. That's such a great idea to layer your tees over the dresses like this Mica. I love them both.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice outfits and you are so stylish! Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the knotted shirts over the dress:) So cute, and you look adorable in both outfits. And that's amazing how the grey shirt have gotten so much wear ! Can't wait to see that post, Mica!
    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted it! I am glad I got to hit that figure eventually, it's definitely my fave grey tee!

      Delete
  18. These are both adorable looks on you - you look great in a short full skirt, Mica! I love the marigold colour, and agree that the knot in front is a better statement. Have a wonderful week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Knotting the shirts are very flattering over the dress! It's a nice way to switch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love them both! I really love the skirt and I wish it was warmer out here so that I can wear an outfit like that! Enjoy your week!

    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's such a cute idea to wear tshirts knotted over a dress :) You look very pretty in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Knotting a T-shirt is a great way of transforming a simple piece into something more interesting; such a great idea Mica! :) I hope you're having a lovely week so far....

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so right, the orange and black combo is perfect for halloween. The necklace goes really well with the outfit too. I hope you're having a lovely week and enjoyed the Christmas get together with your friends :)

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think knotting a tshirt on top is a great way to get more use out of a dress. Not only does it add warmth, but it also makes it look completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes such a simple change that makes a difference!

      Delete
  25. Love your outfit!
    Xo, Kelsey
    www.petiteinherheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mica you always look so gorgeous and I really like the colour Yellow on you! You look beautiful and always enjoy your transformational ideas!

    Laura xoxo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm like you, when I bought something new I want to wear it right away!!
    Love the colors of the first outfit! My favorite!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i like your bag! Cool photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful outfit.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  30. I didn't expected that black and orange would look good in an outfit. Great pairing! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have also a grey tee I wear constantly! What a fantastic idea to knot the shirts ofer the cute dresses and I hope that finally you can buy these sundresses again!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to buy more but it's a shame they don't make them any more :(

      Delete
  32. Lots of gorgeous outfits, what a super bag too :)) Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell and I hope you feel better soon.

    I also really like both outfits, although I prefer the first one just because it's more striking :) I don't layer a tee over a dress very often, but looking at your outfits, I can see that it's definitely something I should do more.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look so pretty in both of the outfits and the pretty handbag! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These looks are so cute! You're my inspiration to try out a knotted tee! I just keep cropping them instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha if I was confident in any kind of sewing or alterations I might give it a go, until then I just tuck or knot, haha!

      Delete
  36. I love how the tees look knotted over the dresses! It's a great way to make a dress look like a skirt. And the yellow poncho that you bought is beautiful! I hope you feel better soon.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loving your cute tops dear, especially the first one. Such a fun pop of color with the skirt.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...