Thursday 19 September 2013

Lace and Glitter : Grey Tee, Pencil Skirt | Black Dress, Heels, Balenciaga Envelope Clutch

Here's what I wore to work on Wednesday:
away from blue grey tee blue lace pencil skirt

away from blue marco tagliafferri bik bag

Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
SkirtAsos textured blue lace pencil skirt
ShoesNine West fascinate ballet flats in silver glitter
Bracelets: the usual plus two beaded Sportsgirl Butterfly Foundation bracelets and gifted Eiffel Tower bracelet
Bag: Marco Tagliaferri first generation Birk bag in navy

This outfit was completely inspired by Dash Dot Dotty blog! I was reading blogs on Tuesday evening and came across this post with a grey tee and printed pencil skirt. Knew it was the perfect outfit to wear to the office on Wednesday! Although I don't have an animal print skirt, I really liked this combination of the lace skirt and tee. Had a day with a few big meetings, but nothing too formal so the tee was okay. Such a comfortable outfit too.

Linking up with Spotlight weekly link-up, Fashion Informant, Three-fer Thursday, What I wore to work, Third Thursday Threads, Casual Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Friday's Five today.


Last worn: grey tee, lace pencil skirt, glitter flats, Marco Tagliaferri birk bag.




Here's what I wore to go out this evening:
Away From Blue with my sister belted black lace dresses balenciaga clutches heels

balenciaga mangue mago yellow envelope clutch

Earrings: Chanel vintage camellia dangling charm earrings
Necklace: gold necklace borrowed from mum
Dress:  Jeanswest 'Gisele' contrast lace dress
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
Shoes: Wittner 'Bloomy' black heels
Bracelets: the usual plus Chloe Paddington crystal charm bracelet, and two gold bracelets borrowed from my sister
BagBalenciaga envelope clutch in 2012 mangue with giant 12 RGGH

My sister is wearing:
Necklace: Tiffany key
Watch: Michael Kors
Dress: Cotton On black lace dress
Belt: Cotton On
Shoes: Novo shoes black suede studded heels
BagBalenciaga flat clutch GSH in 2010 Sang borrowed from me


First time I've featured my sister on the blog, and isn't she beautiful? We wore these outfits for dinner, drinks and a little bit of shopping after work. For work I had a normal bag and flats, I just changed to heels and a clutch for the evening. My knee is still healing so a full day and night in heels would have been a little too much for it! Couldn't resist getting a little glammed up for the 'Girl's Night Out' event at Michael Hill though.
Had lots of fun, and make a small sparkly purchase ;) The store in Brisbane Queen's Plaza stocks some very unique and beautiful designs. Jamie, one of the employees, was telling me that most of the range is only available at that store, and no-where else in Australia.
Highlight of the evening was getting to meet the lovely Jesse Heart, fashion director at my favourite mag Shop Til You drop. I'm looking forward to the fortnightly editions!



Last worn: lace dress, gold glitter belt, Wittner ankle strap heels, Balenciaga envelope clutch.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

65 comments:

  1. Aww you and your sister are so cute! What a fashionable family :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt you teamed up with the t-shirt is a really good idea, and it looks nice too!! :)
    I really like the shoes you have on in the photo with you and your sister - cute by the way!!

    Hope you're having a good week!
    -Olivia. xx

    www.foxandmint.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they are really comfy shoes, despite the height!

      Delete
  3. Super love that skirt .....so chic!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you dressed up your tee with the lace skirt. I really like your night outfit - the pop of color with the clutch & those heels are gorgeous! Sounds like a fun GNO!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lace skirt is just amazing! It looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sisters are too pretty together! What a gene pool!! My aunt loves Michael Hill! She used to take me there to look at their gold earrings! I even got a pair of hoop from them at Christmas :)
    Ps you know how much I love they lace skirt <3
    And now let us see your little sparkle purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got a tiny little pair of diamond earrings for everyday wear, I'll need to try get a photo of them :)

      Delete
  7. the pattern on that skirt is absolutely gorgeous - I love it, Mica :) and i love that you have your sister on here with you :) :)

    just found your blog and i'm excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth

    p.s. feel free to drop by www.bellatheblog.com and say hi when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's the first time she has been on my blog :)

      Delete
  8. Nice bag the black one.
    Thanks for your comment sweetie :)

    Lace the Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lace skirt fits you perfectly, loved that you wore it with a simple tee!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you matched you and your sister carried matching handbags ^^ So fun! You guys even make a bit of a Belgian flag with the red, yellow and black! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, one of my girlfriends said it looked a little like the Spanish flag! :)

      Delete
  11. That is such a beautiful pencil skirt and I really like your dress too. Need more lace in my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ladies looked great! You and your sister are beautiful and I love the dresses you wore. Glad you had a great time. What doesn't that skirt look good with? I love that skirt and skirts are big for 2014.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! My sister is indeed very beautiful :)

      Delete
  13. The lace pencil skirt is beautiful! And the simple tee looks great with it!
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't decided which I like more-- the skirt, or the dress from this weekend! You look fantastic in both! (Found your blog through Bri's link up)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looks Mica. Very cool you meet Jesse!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited, haha. She was lovely, we had a really nice chat.

      Delete
  16. Adorable! I really love that tee and skirt combo. And that skirt is just adorable. And how cute is that little dog? Love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely photos love the first look I wish I could raid your designer shoes and bags !
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the intricate design/pattern of you skirt in the first outfit!! lovely clutches too!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I am so obsessed over that lace skirt from the first outfit. Stunning!!

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, I am loving that navy lace patterned skirt in the first outfit!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I am in love with the lace skirt. So feminine and at the same time edgy and tough in this darker color!

    xo,
    Sylvia @ WorldTasting
    .. Bloglovin' ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking wonderful for a night out. It's great to see your sister! I soon as I saw the photo I knew you two had to be related, I think you look so alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it was nice to feature her on the blog, she is very fashionable :)

      Delete
  23. I love your lace skirt so much. Great styling and beautiful pictures. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That lace skirt though!
    GORGEOUS!
    reminded me of Indonesian Batik! looks amazing on you!

    x, nessiejudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're right, lace dresses are amazing! Lace in general rules! You and your sister look lovely, hope you had a nice evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome skirt. Love how the tee dresses it down a bit too
    xL


    The Marcy Stop

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! Love your lace skirt!
    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is so nice to see your sister, you are both such beautiful women!! I love both outfits too, the lace is so pretty :)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely yellow clutch!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. love both the clutches, gorgeous!!! beautiful lace skirt too!


    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Video outfit YOUTUBE
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  31. great bags!!

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. That lace Asos skirt is so drool-worthy. Great looks as always xx

    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the yellow clutch.

    http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am loving lace this season.

    Very pretty

    love
    Ash from Aeroplane and Apparel
    http://aeroplaneandapparel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have some really nice bags though. I do love that lace skirt, very trendy and work appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ahh! that printed lace skirt is PERFECT. You look amazing! And your going out outfit is perfect as well. You and your sister are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I adore your lace pencil skirt- tres chic Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. You and your sister look gorgeous! The lace dress is killer!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sister is very beautiful :)

      Delete
  39. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I LOVE that lace skirt with the gray tee! I am definitely going to re-create this! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday!

    xoxo Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your sister is gorgeous Mica! Sibling Balenciagas! Hehe :) That pencil skirt looks amazing on. SHOP is one of my fave mags here - so nice you got to meet Jesse!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...