Wednesday 16 May 2018

Chambray Shirt Alternatives: Dress and Maxi Skirt With Balenciaga Bags

A chambray shirt is a blogger staple, and is on so many 'wardrobe essential' lists. I've never found the perfect one for me, but I do love the chambray dress and maxi skirt I have. Pairing something chambray with a printed kimono makes an easy autumn outfit.

What I wore:

Kindness Collective printed kimono with chambray dress and Balenciaga part time | Awayfromtheblue

chambray dress with Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH on arm | awayfromtheblue

Tesalate 'The Swell' sand free towel at the pool | away from blue blog
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH
Towel: Tesalate 'The Swell' sand free towel (C/O)

Why I wore it:

Another warmer than expected autumn day! I actually managed to spend some time in the pool in morning, before the rain and a storm blew in in the evening. While it was a little frustrating having summer continue well into autumn, it's been good to take advantage of the heat and get in more pool time before it's too cold!

I had the chance to use my new Tesalate towel too, you might have seen my review of my first Tsalate towel on the blog before. This time around I enjoyed its absorbency features more than its sand-repelling features! Especially after a rather rigorous paddling session from the boys, who thought it was too cold to join me for a swim in the pool but had fun splashing on the sidelines.

While I had a relaxed morning, it was a busier afternoon getting groceries and doing my eye test. So funny chatting to the optician as last time I was there I was very heavily pregnant with Baby Boy, we were amazed how quickly things change. Luckily no new glasses needed for me!

It's not the first time I've worn this dress with a kimono. I love the way prints look against the blue chambray dress, it's a nice combination. It was a good layer to have when it did start getting cooler in the evening too.


Last worn: Kindness Collective kimono, button up chambray dress, Havaianas, Balenciaga Part Time bag.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and shorts, button up chambray dress for breastfeeding, Balenciaga Part Time bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancychambray dress in second trimester, Balenciaga Part Time bag in second trimester.


My Balenciaga Handbag And Accessory Collection:



(This video is from 2012! I've filmed an updated Balenciaga collection video that will be on my YouTube channel soon, so subscribe to my channel if you don't want to miss that!)



What I wore:

printed kimono, chambray maxi skirt: boho autumn playgroup style with grey tee | away from blue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete, Coach rainbow charm | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram navy printed kimono chambray maxi skirt grey tee playgroup SAHM style
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (also in black)
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

A slightly more autumnal outfit here! I added the kimono and the Converse as we were running a few more errands and going to playgroup. The playground is mostly in the shade and can be cooler in the mornings so I thought the extra layers and cosier shoes would be useful! Of course by the time we left playgroup I was wishing I'd stuck with my trusty Havaianas, it turned into another really warm day.

I do find this chambray maxi skirt tricky to layer with sometimes, as it is a fuller skirt. Usually it's better to pair more fitted pieces with it, but I wanted comfortable loose layers so picked this slouchy grey tee and then added another voluminous piece with the kimono on top. Thought it turned out okay though, the perfect relaxed outfit for a relaxed morning.

We stopped at the opshop, spent time at playgroup and picked up some groceries (that I'd forgotten to get on the previous day!). The highlight of the boys' day was definitely the huge bag of toys we got from the opshop for $4 - plenty of trains to keep them happy!


Last worn: new look navy kimono, grey v-neck tee, chambray maxi skirt, Converse Chucks, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearnavy kimono and burgundy pants, grey tee and skinny jeans, chambray maxi skirt and leather jacket, Converse and denim shorts, Balenciaga tempete day bag and pencil skirt.


Perfect for pregnancynavy kimono in second trimester, grey tee for second trimester travelConverse in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day in third trimester.


Chambray Dresses and Maxi Skirts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It


If the latest 'must have' item doesn't work for you or your wardrobe, try finding something similar to get the look instead. For a popular fabric like chambray or velvet, you can find a piece that fits a need in your wardrobe. A chambray shirt may be a classic, but I wear dresses and skirts more often than shirts! Much like denim, a chambray piece is a perfect backdrop for a colourful printed kimono, as I've worn in both outfits here.


Linking up with Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. Love that Chambray dress and your bags are amazing!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked a champray dress a while ago and I wore it last week for the first time, and while I was drinking coffee, I spilled the whole thing on it, I was so angry with myself but thanfully, the stain is gone!! You look amazing in both looks Mica!!
    xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm glad you got the stain out!

      Delete
  3. The chambray pieces look so pretty with your kimonos, Mica! Both outfits are perfect for autumn. Your Balenciaga bag collection is fabulous! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love my Balenciaga bags! :)

      Delete
  4. You are looking so pretty in both looks. I love your long skirt and you have perfectly paired it with grey top and the blue jacket <3
    Hope you are having a great week. Kisses <3
    Have a lovely day <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely outfit - perfect for the warmer weather!

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know when summer drags on here I get a little tired of it too, but yay for more pool days!!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes good to take advantage of it while it lasted!

      Delete
  7. Suuper cute! I love the pockets on that first dress! I have a chambray bomber jacket that I LOOOOVE!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen chambray jackets a few times but haven't bought one yet, they are lovely! :)

      Delete
  8. Chambray is such a versatile fabric, I love all the chambray items I have. When my kimono finally comes in the mail I can't wait to try it with my chambray dress, thanks for the idea! I like the looser top with the chambray skirt too--with the kimono on top I think that look really works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey, I'd love to see the outfit you create with the kimono and chambray!

      Delete
  9. As much as I like the dress, I loooove the maxi skirt! Partly because of the chambray element and admittedly, partly due to summer arriving early here in the UK and so I'm obsessing over all things 'summery' haha :) Hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a summery piece! I really like this chambray maxi skirt :)

      Delete
  10. I love both kimonos and the chambray dress is perfect. I agree, I happen to like this lighter weight version better than denim. It’s so much softer and fun to wear. I also like that you discuss that very absorbent towel. Have a wonderful mid week .
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this your pool? Or a public one? Having your own pool is rare in Germany, so I get always super excited if I see someones private pool in pictures.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in a complex, so it's shared with the neighbours :) I don't know what the equivalent is in Germany :)

      Delete
  12. Your Balenciaga collection is beautiful, always wanted a red medium one.

    www.yourbeauty.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! They are a great bag! :)

      Delete
  13. this is super cute outfit and I love your bag!

    The White Ocean



    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh hey, we're both in chambray today! Fun coincidence! :) Love your gorgeous handbag collection as always!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for unintentional post matching! :)

      Delete
  15. I've done a few chambray pieces over time, and while I liked them, they weren't really me. I like the kimono over the chambray dress quite a lot - the second outfit is a perfect casual outfit. All the layers work really well, and I like the looser top because of the kimono topper. Great looks, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila :) I think it's a very casual fabric, so I can see why it hasn't worked for you.

      Delete
  16. I love the shirt though it can be a bit too hot when wearing in Bangkok! Love the bag too lady!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mica! I adore both looks! You always style your maxi skirts and dresses perfectly! You are a poolside babe:) Have a blessed day!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chambray clothes are such a staple for sure. They pair so well with white denim! Love this dress on you.
    www.thesweetestclementine.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Mica
    Well i have so many kimonos i love how they make looks more interesting... lucky you by the pool in the mornings i m with so many works and activities to do that i cant comment the blogs that i like. Btw the towel is lovely.
    Xoxo from Portugal

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you have been busy, hope things get less hectic for you soon!

      Delete
  20. Both of the looks are so pretty. Chambray always looks so good. Your day also sounds so relaxing, and fun.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how lucky you gut some pool time in!
    I love your kimono collection as well! You make them seem so versatile!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I love my kimonos, and pool time is the best!

      Delete
  22. Just love both of these chambray pieces, but still so surprised you haven't found a chambray top that works for you!! I have several! I have never owned a chambray skirt, but I love how you styled it here. That towel sounds amazing, I could really use a new and functional beach towel for our vacations.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure I will find the perfect one too, it is a nice fabric! :)

      Delete
  23. Almost anything chambray I love! So when I saw chambray as your title I was immediately intrigued and yup, love that dress and maxi skirt!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. the looks are so pretty and so different. I can't say which i liked better. Your bag collection is a bit impressive! gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just can’t get enough of your Balenciaga bags! I’m a huge fan of this designer and the bags look fabulous 😘💞💖

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The dress and skirt are cute alternatives to a chambray shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE your Balanciaga collection, it's so colorful! I don't have one in my collection yet, but I've had my eyes on some black and red bags that I'd love to add. I love the way you've styled yours in both outfits. Thanks for sharing and have a great rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some awesome reds! I miss my red Bal sometimes!

      Delete
  28. A chambray shirt is really such a closet staple. I was lucky enough to find one that I have worn so many times that I need to replace it soon. Chambray pieces in general are so versatile and both of these outfits are so effortlessly chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a chambray shirt I could wear that much!

      Delete
  29. I like the chambray shirt dress, it's such a great fabric for warm weather. Mica, your Balenciaga collection is really great!
    I hope you have a great start to the weekend. :)
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  30. I wear my chambray top all the time, but I haven't quite find the right dress yet. Yours is so cute! I love how chambray can really go with all kinds of fun colored accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is lovely, love the dresses, but that little rainbow bag charm has caught my eye! Where's it from?

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a pressie from my bestie, it's a coach rainbow charm and it's just the cutest!

      Delete
  32. ya for not need new glasses.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both lovely looks! I adore that chambray dress!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love these shirt dresses! So easy to wear, so comfortable but I also feel semi-put together ahah I need to invest in a new one though! Also love your little rainbow! So adorable <3 Hope you are well xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have always the best balenciaga bags
    You look so pretttyy!

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love chambray in any form. Such a great dress, and I am kind of obsessed with your maxi skirt! Hope you have an awesome weekend Mica!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really adorably comfy outfits. I love the New Look Petite print kimono, such a cute piece.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...