Wednesday 31 January 2018

Soft Shorts and Printed Kimonos with Black Tanks

When people asked what to get me for Christmas, I suggested kimonos and necklaces, and was lucky to receive the beautiful ones I'm wearing here. Kimonos are the perfect layer with soft shorts for Brisbane's summer heat, especially when paired with the new necklaces that I got too!

What I wore:

The Kindness Kimono 'Dream Catch Me' print olive shorts black tank and bag | away from blue

 Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH olive shorts | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts, printed kindness kimono black tank, Balenciaga part time bag
Jacket: gifted The Kindness Kimono 'Dream Catch Me' print
Necklace: gifted Zatini red pendant necklace
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

When I unwrapped this Kindness Collective kimono, I thought of these olive shorts right away. A black tank, bag and Havaianas made sense with the black in the print too. I really loved this outfit! It gave me the chance to wear another new piece, this lovely red necklace I also got for Christmas.

My mother in law got me this kimono and was so excited to tell me about the good it does too. Every kindness kimono purchased donates a reusable sanitary kit to help keep girls at school and women at work, and the kimonos are made from remnant fabrics.

It was another day for hubby and I to get things done as we ran around fitting in some errands after a swim, while the boys spent some time with their grandparents. I managed to film some YouTube videos too, a very productive day. I have such a hard time trying to find a quiet time to film them when the boys are in the house, and it's so rare to be at home without the boys! I really want to try more videos this year, so recording a few was helpful.


Last worn: metallic tank, olive embroidered shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga part time bag. First time I've worn the kimono as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearmetallic tank and printed shorts, olive embroidered shorts and florals, Balenciaga part time bag and dress in winter

Perfect for pregnancy: Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester


Soft Shorts Under $50:







What I wore:

print mixing jeanswest jasmine kimono soft shorts Rebecca Minkoff regan bag with guitar strap | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | print mixing attempt navy kimono black tank and soft shorts summer style
Jacket: gifted Jeanswest Jamie printed kimono
Necklace: gifted silver ball multi chain long necklace
Top: Jeanswest Brianna basque hem tank (new purchase)
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

I bought this Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap and the Regan satchel bag together, so it was only a matter of time before I added the strap to the bag. I really liked the combination.

This combination of printed shorts and kimono together I'm not too sure about though! I wanted to wear both with the new black tank I picked up in the Jeanswest sale with one of my Christmas gift cards. I'd debated them in front of the mirror as I was trying to pick which one to wear and thought that as they are such similar shades of blue, they might look okay in the same outfit. While hubby was unimpressed, I decided to give the combo a try anyway. I don't think I'll be rushing to repeat this print mix, but I'm pleased I tried something new.

Another day of trying to get things done, with another YouTube video filmed despite facing memory card and camera battery issues - it wasn't as productive a day as I'd hoped, ha! Included the video I filmed below. You'll recognise the outfit, although I took the kimono off at home.





Last worn: blue printed shorts, Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote. First time I've worn the black tank and navy kimono as they are recent additions to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearblue printed shorts and ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap on Love bag, Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote and tee dress





Printed Kimonos Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:


Soft, relaxed fit shorts and loose voluminous kimonos are the perfect light layers for a hot summer day. You can keep things neutral with blacks and olives, or try something different and wear another print with your kimonos. Wondering how versatile a printed kimono could really be? 30 ways to wear a floral kimono!


Linking up with What I Wore, Style on the Daily, Thursday Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

45 comments:

  1. You look great in both outfits, Mica! I especially like the first one: the kimono is gorgeous and I love that necklace! So pretty! Hope you were out of the heat today, Mica! It was so hot, wasn't it?! Hopefully a cool change is on it's way soon! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! It was so hot, I'm thankful for the cool change!

      Delete
  2. Good morning Mica, Wow, such lovely outfits, how do you manage to do two outfits oftenly? I'm so lazy to do it. You look so pretty, the second one is my favorite!
    Have a great day! Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a photo with my tripod before I go out the door each day! :) Easiest way to do it! :)

      Delete
  3. so casual chic look,
    i love your kimono and makes me want to proceed to summer.

    Much Love, Jane | The Bandwagon Chic
    New Vlog Entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!! Love how you styled this look!!
    xx

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: RED SPECIAL SWEATER

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, surprisingly, don't own a kimono and I don't know why to be honest. They really are such great light layers for warmer weather and they can look so chic to be dressed up or down. I need to get a few. I love the ones you're wearing here, the colors are so pretty. Thanks for sharing, babe, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need a few, you can never have too many, haha!

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfits! I wish it was warm enough for shorts here. I hope you week is going well.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both outfits, but I actually prefer the 2nd one - I like the brighter colours! What lovely and thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that kimono your mother in law got you, and how cool that it supports a good cause as well! I should have asked for kimonos for Christmas--that's a good idea because you don't really have to worry about getting an exact fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such a nice gift and always fit! :)

      Delete
  9. The kimono looks great with the whole outfit, along with the purse. Great style!

    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kimonos are so pretty! Lucky you, getting them for Christmas!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh both of these kimonos are so pretty! How lucky that people pay close attention to your requests! We've been having an especially warm winter here (80s this week...around 27 C) and it makes me think of you!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these kimonos are beautiful! That's a good idea. I could use more of them with the heat here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to try out some of the interchangeable bag straps, this crystal embellished on is just gorgeous. It's always nice when you receive gifts that you love and will use too, both these kimonos are really pretty!
    iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty kimonos! You should give the bag strap a try too, it's really fun! :)

      Delete
  14. It is a good idea to suggest kimonos and necklaces for Christmas gifts, these two items are perfect to style up or dress up any outfit. I love kimonos and I'm sure they're the perfect item for layering. Both of these are very pretty...and I just love those olive shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new strap looks so nice on that bag! It adds some fun extra bling! I love your new kimonos! The one your mother-in-law gave you is beautiful and I love that it gives back too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, more kimonos! I think I already saw you wearing one in a previous post and I already told you what a nice idea I thought they were! :) I love that this also supports a good cause!

    Thanks for the comment in my blog,
    Best <3
    Amanda
    www.somethingfashion.es

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your first outfit, is my favorite one!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/
    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool strap! I think the print mixing totally mixes because of the colors! I'm not much of a print mixer, but like it every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like some print mixing more than others, but it's fun to try now and then! :)

      Delete
  19. Kimonos are a breathe of fresh air! I love how airy they are. Your mother-inlaw has a good eye because that kimono on you is very nice. Love the print!! You bags are really lovely too. Nice soft leather texture. You look wonderful and pretty dearie!
    Happy blessed new month!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love slightly slouchy + soft shorts like these in the summer! So comfy and cute.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't bought my first kimono! LOL! I am a little envious that you're wearing shorts because it's like never ending cold on my side.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cool look. I love your bags!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  23. Finding quiet time to film is the biggest struggle, which is why my filming time is usually in the evenings.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd need to invest in proper lighting to do that :(

      Delete
  24. I just love the first kimono! The colors are gorgeous and perfect with the olive shorts!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you added necklaces to your looks! super cute!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both of your looks Mica. I am a fan of kimono too, you can wear it from day till night from shorts till the evening dress. The saddle strap is an interesting turn from your usual one, love it. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need to get on the kimono train! These look great, I love the blue one especially. Although I'm always on for something that supports a good cause, too. I'll have to look them up.

    Hooray for productive days and helpful grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your MIL has great taste, that kimono is so pretty and I love it paired with those olive shorts and that necklace looks like it was made to go with it. A swim and some relaxing quiet time sounds like the perfect day. I'm blown away by all your videos you do! I need to do another one sometime soon.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really been trying to make more of an effort with my channel this year, we will see how I go! :)

      Delete
  29. That's great the kimono benefits people in need! I love when brands do good things like that :) Cute outfits as always! Love the video too as I hadn't actually seen the guitar straps in a video before, you can see it's a bit shorter like you said. I think I prefer it to the original chain strap too! :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I find a video really helpful when looking at a bag! :) It is such a fun strap! :)

      Delete
  30. That first look is very boho Mica! I love it! Love the blue & black combination also. Two great looks. Very nice of your husband. You make excellent videos. They do take a little time and concentration. You should do more.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to do more, it's something a little different from blogging :)

      Delete
  31. Thank you all for your lovely comments - they are such nice gifts, I was so lucky to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love how good the necklace and kimono on the first look also the pattern mix on the second with the blue hue. Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...