Friday 27 October 2017

Dresses and Kimonos: Easy Spring Boho Stay at Home Mum Style

So excited for warm weather and the chance to wear my kimonos again! I love wearing dresses in spring, so dresses and kimonos together make me happy.

What I wore:

awayfromblue instagram printed tribal kimono aztec print tiered dress spring boho outfit

red ribal print kimono with little black tiered aztec print dress Rebecca Minkoff bag | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love cross body bag in grey | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketChoies red vintage pattern kimono
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

A quick errand in the morning, my local ABA mother's group meeting and then a doctor's appointment for Baby Boy in the afternoon. As it was such a hot day, I wanted something nice and easy to wear. I knew I wanted to wear this dress again, but wasn't sure what kimono to wear with it. In the end I settled on this tribal print kimono as some of the print is similar to the Aztec print on the dress. The night before I held them up side by side and figured it would look okay.

When I put it on in the morning, I loved this outfit. I like the extra colour the kimono adds to the dress, and this was perfect for a day with a bit of running around. This dress is loose and flowy and knee-length on me so it's just as good for a doctor's appointment as it is sitting down on the floor chatting to my mum friends who have younger babies doing tummy time. I wouldn't change anything about this outfit. So glad I was able to buy this dress at the end of my #6MonthsWithoutShopping challenge, I've loved it every time I've worn it.


Last worn: red tribal print kimono, black Aztec print dress, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff grey Love bag.

Other ways to wearred tribal print kimono and gold jeans, black Aztec print dress worn two ways, studded sandals and maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff grey Love bag and flares.

Perfect for pregnancy: red kimono and maternity tank, studded sandals in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in third trimester.


Spring Dresses Under $50:








What I wore:

Somedays Lovin' kimono Jeanswest chambray lyocell dress studded RM sandals mini MAC bag | Away From Blue

silver tiffany heart bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather | Away From The Blue
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (on sale!)
NailsOPI This Cost Me a Mint

Why I wore it:

Another doctor's appointment! Vaccinations for baby boy meant we were going to have a quiet day. After the doctors, we headed out to do a little shopping and take part in a fun plant pot decorating activity for the boys. Surprisingly we have managed to not only keep the seeds alive, they are now sprouting quite nicely! As someone who has killed succulents and cacti I'm quite proud we are keeping these plants alive so far.

The morning came undone when we stopped at Kmart to buy some new shorts and tees for the warmer weather and someone wanted to buy a train (even though they had just convinced their Grandmother to buy them two trains the day before). Ended up getting lots of side eyes as I hurriedly finished shopping and headed home after realising nothing I was saying was helping end the tantrum. Not quite the quiet relaxing day I had planned, but will be a funny story to tell later! "Remember that time you screamed in Kmart and all the way home because you wanted a train?" πŸ˜‚

At least I liked my outfit, plenty of people saw it when they looked around to see where the screaming child was! Toddler tantrums are just an unavoidable part of motherhood.


Last worn: floral kimono, chambray dress, studded Rebecca Minkoff sandals, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and striped tank, chambray dress and ankle boots, studded Rebecca Minkoff sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and graphic tee.

Perfect for pregnancy: kimono and maternity shorts in second trimester, chambray dress and second trimester bump, mini MAC and non-maternity clothes in third trimester.



Kimonos Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:

Kimonos work perfectly in spring when you need a light layer. While they look wonderful with denim shorts and jeans, they look equally good worn with dresses. It's a quick and easy spring outfit.

If you're unsure what kimono to wear with your dress, you can pick one with a similar print, or add some more colour and print with a kimono over a plain dress.


Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Friday Favourites, Shoe and Tell, Mix It Monday, Hello Monday, Modest Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. Love those colours, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loove the kimono over this! So cute!

    Thanks for linking up!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica! You look super cute as always! I love how you accessorized with your bags. Oh and I'm glad to see that the weather is more pleasant! I pray you have a wonderful rest of the rest!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your short bohemian dresses, you look really good in them. Love the print and colour of the first one.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the most versatile pieces, especially in the summer. They can add so much interest to any outfit!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Mica
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love spring too. it is spring too here in Australia, am so excited and longing forward toward to the summer. i love your style.
    www.awuordeng.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect post, I love these stylish looks! Thanks for sharing!

    Camille xo

    www.camiwears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are my kimono wearing guru, haha
    So happy you're getting a better weather day by day but a little envy because we're in the middle of fall.
    I like your dress a lot - it's so boho!
    How's your sick baby feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimonos are so cute, I love wearing them in the summer xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print of that dress! Yay for Spring weather, we had a few rainy days here but now its cleared up again and getting nice and chilly for Fall
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a good kimono - the color on yours here is great! It's always nice to have flowy, easy pieces for hot days.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the kimonos with the dresses. I wouldn't have thought to pair them like this. I usually think of jeans or shorts for some reason. I feel like every mom has at least one meltdown/tantrum story. I'm sure Ivy will do it to me at some point...

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's definitely a story every mum has! :) And it's good to think of different ways to wear my kimonos.

      Delete
  13. I've always liked the boho style and this is perfect for our warm weather now!! I love the bag in your first series - so cute and I bet you can pair it with most things. How do you find the energy to swap everything in your purse?! Haha - I'm hopeless! I carry the same bag filled to the brim with rubbish all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I tend to keep everything organised in my bag in pouches so it's easy to swap things between them! :)

      Delete
  14. The first dress is so pretty!

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the best accessories! I love the mint green bag. It reminds me of the color of mint chip ice-cream! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like that first dress. The kimono adds so much to the look! Also that denim dress is super cute and really versatile!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. the black dress is so pretty, love the pairing!
    http://www.thestyletune.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mica how are you doing? How is you little one? I love you crossbody bags. I started collecting crossbody bags because of you. Every time I see you style them, it makes me want to pack away my totes. That denim outfit is giving me life
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2017/10/am-i-always-running-to-stores-to-buy-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I'm glad I inspired you to try them :)

      Delete
  19. These easy to wear dresses and kimonos are gorgeous. Especially like the first kimono, really pretty.

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute kimonos! Hope your toddler is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kimonos are great, aren't they? I have one I wear all the time...even in winter:) You look great in both as always:) And yah....those toddler tantrums are never fun but does give you tons of stories for when they're older:D
    Have a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love kimonos! And a big yes to the toddler tantrums!

      Delete
  22. KImonos are a great investment as you can get so much use out of them over the warmer months but I'm sure the UK have a horrendous supply of then, as they are not nearly as yours!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, they are very suited for the Brisbane weather! :)

      Delete
  23. Your kimonos are so pretty!! But I definitely didn't realize that that feather necklace was a teething necklace at first haha whoops. And YAY for keeping plants alive!! Don't you feel so accomplished?! (I know I did, with my dahlia! haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I'm so not good with plants so you have to celebrate the little victories! :) And it's such a nice necklace :)

      Delete
  24. Love this easy breezy style!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/my-first-indo-western-look/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh no, toddler tantrums sound like a nightmare! I adore that first outfit, the kimono is a great finishing touch,

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Mica,
    It is so impressive you keep your good mood also when one of your boys has a tantrum! You are definitely a good mum and I like it and it is laudable you are so strict.
    And I like both of your outfits, too! The idea to wear the dresses with are kimono are absolutely convincing and you look beautiful and fresh.
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely adore the first dress, would be perfect for my upcoming holiday to Fuerteventura! Ahhh I'm craving some warm weather again! Loving the Rebecca Minkoff bags too!
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love both outfits but then first one is right up my alley! I really love the bag too <3

    Stacey,thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, you poor thing - never that that kid live his tantrum down, ha ha! You look chic and awesome in both of these looks - the wonderful power of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your kimonos - they are such great warm weather layers when you want to mix up your dresses - and I don't have any in my closet! Maybe I need to rethink that.
    Good for you on holding your ground when your boys wanted a toy and had a tantrum. So many other parents would have just given in.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha was easy to say no when he'd just got 2 trains the day before!

      Delete
  31. I've totally been there!! We had to leave Panera the other day because Jona threw a huge fit... I had to take my lunch home in a box. Kids sometimes, I swear. Good thing they're so cute :)
    I love both of these looks--you always have the cutest kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your outfits. The kimonos add a lot and I love the light weight for the warmer months. I really love the dress in the first picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's boho done right Mica! I love both outfits, but I am so smitten with that first one. You look so cute. Vaccinations are so important!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always admire your kimono collection and just got one this summer. I haven't tried it with a dress yet though and I think I need to! My daughter used to sometimes have fits in stores and it was so hard. Now she is a little older I can explain to her that we need to save our money for fun things like trips! I also started a wish list on my phone for her bday and Christmas that she knows about so if she sees something she wants we just add it to the list and it helps avoid the temper tantrums almost every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that wish list idea is such a good tip - I should give that a try for the next one (because there's always another tantrum, ha!)

      Delete
  35. Mica, kimonos look great on you... I really like both looks but I love that first dress... it's very feminine. xox

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the first Rebecca Minkoff bag so much!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh that first look totally rocks Mica !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks all for your lovely comments :) The first outfit was definitely my favourite, I need to wear dresses and kimonos more often! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...