Wednesday 20 September 2017

Maxi Skirts with Cobalt Leather Jacket And Ankle Boots

I really liked maxi dress and leather jacket outfit formula the few times I did wear it over winter. I didn't get the chance to wear it as much as I liked and thought I'd have to pack away all my leather jackets for spring, but a sudden cold snap did give me the chance to get more wear out of my cobalt leather jacket. This time around I paired it with maxi skirts instead of dresses, although I didn't keep it on for long when I wore either outfit.

What I wore:

monochrome winter chamrbay maxi skirt outfit cobalt leather jacket polka dot tee acne pistol boots | AwayFromBlue

chambray maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe | AwayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram monochrome chambray maxi skirt outfit winter
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TeeJeanswest Flavia foil printed polka dot tee deep iris (recent purchase)
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin"
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

I liked this outfit so much I actually wore it twice in one week! Put it together to work from home and then wore it again a couple days later to attend my local ABA meeting after viewing a house design. I really like this polka dot tee and chambray maxi skirt together, I'm sure I'll wear them together again at some stage! For an impluse buy this tee has been getting a lot of wear lately. Might just be that I'm excited to have something new in my wardrobe after seven months without shopping.

I did briefly swap out the leather jacket for a softer hoodie to babywear baby boy through the house as it was a building site, and picked flat boots instead of the heeled Pistol boots I'd worn to work from home. I babywear a lot, but babywearing with a heel I haven't attempted!


Last worn: leather jacket, chambray maxi skirt, Acne Pistol Boots, Rebecca Minkoff stripe mini MAC. First time I've worn the polka dot tee as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and printed jeans, chambray maxi skirt and graphic tee, Acne Pistol Boots and printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff stripe mini MAC and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancy: pistol boots in third trimester, striped mini MAC in second trimester.


Blue Faux Leather Jackets Under $100:


Cobalt blue leather jackets like this are hard to find, but there are some great faux leather options!


What I wore:

red boho printed maxi skirt ankle boots, cobalt leather jacket | Away From The Blue

cobalt jacket, red printed boho maxi skirt and Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe | Away From The Blue

awayfromblue instagram cobalt leather jacket boho maxi skirt
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
TopJeanswest 'Tilda' black shirt
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Just like the second time I wore the outfit above, the cobalt leather jacket didn't stay on long this time either. It was a cold morning so I decided on a long sleeve top as well as the leather jacket. Had a few errands to run before playgroup and so by the time I'd got there I'd decided to leave the jacket in the car - it was a really warm day and so nice sitting outside as the boys played.

I've been wearing this recently thrifted maxi skirt with a lot of blue. When I saw it in store while dropping off some donations and realised it was my size, I did a quick mental run through of some outfits I could make with it - all involving neutrals. The first time I wore it I tried it with a blue tee and since I loved it so much, I figured the cobalt jacket would look great with it.

Despite being overly warm on a hot day, I really liked this outfit. I still have so many ways I want to wear this skirt, a great $3 find!


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket (above), black henley, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff striped mini MAC (above). First time I've worn the maxi skirt as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearcobalt leather jacket and office wear, black henley and pencil skirt, black ankle boots and little black dress, Rebecca Minkoff striped mini MAC and navy tunic.

Perfect for pregnancyblack henley in second trimesterankle boots in second trimesterstripe mini MAC and maternity jeans.




Maxi Skirts Under $50:











How You Can Wear It:


You can make your maxi skirts work in cooler weather by adding a leather jacket. Good for a snow and rain-less winter day, or a milder spring or autumn day. Ankle boots help keep you warm too.
If you have a colourful leather jacket you could go monochrome like in the first outfit, or a bright contrast like the the red and blue in the second outfit.


Linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday, Fashion Frenzy, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Passion for Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

29 comments:

  1. The red skirt is such a beautiful piece and what a bargain! I need a new leather jacket for fall and winter but I have plenty of time to find 'the one' since it is still hot here! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sales before or after winter are a great time to go shopping for leather jackets!

      Delete
  2. I love this blue look! That moto jacket is especially cool - I don't think I've seen one that color before! Thanks for linking up!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mica, as you wore the outfit 1 even twice in this short time I see you are convinced! For me it is the same: I really like this look and the 2nd look, too. I love it always seeing you wearing maxi skirts as they suit you very well.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love moto jackets with maxi dresses and skirts, so effortless! Love this blue moto!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful orange skirt! Its so unique I love it! Hope you have a great day xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually a cherry red, such a nice shade!

      Delete
  6. Looking great! Maxi skirts really suit you. Have a great day! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous maxi dress the second one is, love the print and bold color. Such a pretty one, also love the styling in the first one. Gorgeous color match! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that blue jacket - such a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love both of these looks. I'm partial to bright red right now, so that might be my favorite, but the blue on blue is lovely too! I need to make more use of my maxi skirts. I have a bunch, but kind of forget to wear them. This is good inspiration. I got a moto jacket that FINALLY fits just right, so I bought 2 colors last year, and 1 this year... because I love it so much. I cannot wait to try the new one out. It's navy, one of my all time fave colors to wear. :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a navy moto jacket would go with so much! Great purchase! :)

      Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  10. That red skirt is such an awesome find--$3!!?? I love it with the blue too. It's nice when a piece turns out to be even more versatile than you expected, and even nicer when it was a bargain to start out with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's wonderful it was only $3! A great find!

      Delete
  11. What beautiful styling, I really like the second skirt!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mica! The maxi look is so chic! ..and pairing it with a moto compliment the look perfectly. The tee was a great addition to your wardrobe. Have a beautiful rest of the week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute looks! really love the first one how you wore all blue but diffrent shades! I want to try that!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That skirt is some excellent thrifting. Three bucks for a range of outfits is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those colors look so pretty together! What a great jacket!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this outfit too :) very comfy and feminine

    this looks awesome. thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these looks. That jacket is so cute! I need to get a fun colored leather jacket!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice cozy outfits! I really like the one with red dress!

    Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that red maxi skirt! The colors are all beautiful together! I haven't ever worn heels and babyworn either....

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're the queen of maxi skirts! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday & have a great weekend!

    OXOX

    Dawn Lucy

    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These outfits look so comfy and put-together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These outfits are so cute! I love how you combined fun colors into the fall looks. You truly know how to accessorize!
    Thank you for linking up this week!

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...