Wednesday 14 March 2018

Difference between leather and canvas mini MAC bags and print mixing with kimonos

Printed kimonos are the best. I don't just wear them with plain pieces though. I have a lot of stripes in my wardrobe so I like to print mix by layering my kimonos over my stripes. Even if I didn't love one of these outfits as much as the other, they are both striped tanks with printed kimonos. And of course I accessorised with my Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bags.

What I wore: 

SAHM style mothers group meeting print mixing Jeanswest kimono stripe tank bermuda shorts silver bag | awayFromBlue

silver bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC bag | AwayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram print mixing with jeanswest jamie kimono stripe tank bermuda denim shorts
JacketJeanswest Jamie printed kimono (on sale!)
Necklace: Zatini red pendant necklace
TankJeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Wore this out to my local Australian Breastfeeding Association group. While it was a hot and humid day, I felt this kimono was light enough to add a colourful layer. With the white and navy striped tank, it made sense to wear a blue kimono with it. I really liked this outfit, so simple and perfect.

The only thing I didn't like about this was the humidity - the meeting quickly turned from a planned discussion topic into sharing tips and tricks for surviving the heatwave with kids. Lots of good ideas, and sometimes it's just nice to hear that you're not alone and after weeks of stifling temperatures, other people are getting a bit stressed out too!

Kept the accessories simple with the shorter necklace and the silver mini MAC bag. This bag really goes with everything!


Last worn: printed kimono, striped tank, bermuda denim shorts, black Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and printed shorts, striped tank and leopard scarf, bermuda denim shorts and button up shirt, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC in capsule wardrobe.

Perfect for pregnancystriped tank in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC in thirs trimester.


Video Showing The Difference Between Leather and Canvas Mini MAC Bags:




Shop The Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC:







What I wore:

print mixing with distressed denim shorts, stripe bag and tank and pattern kimono | away from blue

JORD wood watch, bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram print mixing stripe tank kindness collective kimono
JacketThe Kindness Kimono 'Dream Catch Me' print
Necklace: silver ball multi chain long necklace
TankJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
Shorts: Thrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

With it being Valentine's day and Lunar New Year, I had to wear a little bit of red. Picked this kimono as my newest item of clothing with some red in it, and wondered what top to wear it. This pink/red/coral brushstroke stripe tank hadn't been worn in a while (I last wore it when I was pregnant!) and I really liked it when I put the two side by side. The shorts were a new purchase, so perfect to wear for the new year.

Had to go for a red bag too, so I picked this little berry canvas stripe mini MAC bag. It's been a while since I wore this canvas mini MAC bag! I included the video above comparing the canvas and leather bags together. The canvas one is a little stiffer so not always the easiest to get my wallet in and out of!

When I tried it all on I wondered if it was too many prints all together, but I liked it enough to wear it out. Well to wear it to daycare drop off and pick up and work from home! Had mixed feelings about it after seeing the photos I took though. Don't hate it enough to class it as an outfit fail, but I probably won't wear the tank and kimono together again, it was all a little much. What do you think?


Last worn: printed kimono, brushstroke stripe tank, Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff stripe mini MAC. First time I've worn the shorts as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and olive shorts, brushstroke stripe tank and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff stripe mini MAC and maxi skirt

Perfect for pregnancybrushstroke stripe tank in second trimester, stripe mini MAC in second trimester




How You Can Wear It:


Stripes are always a good place to start when print mixing, and adding a colourful kimono on top means you can take it off later if you change your mind about the pattern mix! A nice non-committal way to try a little bit of print mixing.


Linking up with Fashion File, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. I love the second outfit, Mica! I love the way the stripes in your tank and bag complement each other. I love that kimono too and I think the outfit is a definite success: not at all too much! You are really good at pattern mixing, Mica! Hope you've been having a good week so far. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I'm glad you like it as I wasn't completely sure after seeing the photo!

      Delete
  2. I don't think there's too much going on in the second outfit since the tones are similar and somewhat muted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing is. You are beautiful <3 xoxo

    follow back dear ? <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great style as always. I love that silver mini mac. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you never shy away from mixing prints, it's so refreshing and especially as I personally lean towards block-colours more often than not. Kimonos are such a great option for covering up even on hotter days of the year :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle :) I like to give things a try, even if it doesn't work out how I planned!

      Delete
  6. I like the second outfit because I'm a sucker for stripes!!
    Thank you for always stopping by! xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kimono looks are always some of my favorites! I love the blue on blue look--they really go together so well! I love the tank and kimono in your second look, but I'm with you that maybe they're a lot together with the bag too. But I actually love that bag with the tank--the stripes really play off of each other so well. Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! I think I'll need to try the bag and tank together at some point without the kimono! :)

      Delete
  8. Oooh those are cute! Of course, I'm partial to the pink one ;-)

    Liz
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your kimono collection! You have one for every occasion and they're so simple for Summer layering!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same about stripes although I don't own any Kimonos, I gave away the last one I had. The ones that I adore are so expensive and for me being so picky with prints, it's hard finding one I love. Your pattern mixing is beautiful!

    xo,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky - both of these kimonos were gifts! Otherwise I've had luck finding some on sale, so I hope that you can find your perfect one! :)

      Delete
  11. I love the first outfit, I am terrible at mixing patterns but this is one I think definitely works and I could even consider trying myself :O with that said, I also think the second outfit looks great. It's so cheerful! I don't think anything clashes or looks off. I'm not sure it'd be easy for a novice pattern mixer like me, but I think it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! The first one was definitely my favourite too, classic stripes look great next to so many prints. I think the second one with the not as clearly defined stripes on the tank and the extra print on the bag was a bit much.

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I love both of these outfits, and kudos to you, Mica, for stepping up your game, even in humidity. I hope it lessens for you soon.

    The second outfit is a masterful demonstration of pattern-mixing. The kimono, the reds, the stripes - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! As someone who mixes prints so well it makes me happy to hear your verdict on the outfit :)

      Delete
  13. That outfit is so pretty!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that kimono!!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com/dc-diaries-bullfrog-bagels/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mica! I'm kimono inspired! Both looks are super cute! The kimono adds a resort chic vibe to the look!

    Have blessed day

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your mixed patterns in both of these looks! Your kimonos are so pretty!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've owned a kimono but I always find them so pretty and cute. I love how they are great for layering and also lightweight so they're perfect for spring and summer months. Both outfits look really cute! Glad to hear your meeting turned into a discussion. It is always nice to hear you aren't alone and finding out way to go through it.

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes even though there is no solution (the humidity continued!) it's good to know you aren't alone!

      Delete
  18. I think if I had to choose I would say I liked the canvas more with the kimono as it's more casual. I love them both though!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn´t like the second outfit as much as I did the first one, but it was surely not a fail. Back when my son was still very small, we had a two weeks heatwave and I got really nervous about keeping him hydrated and was afraid he'd overheat while sleeping, I don't envy you with little kids living in such a hot climate.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so hard keeping the kids hydrated in summer, especially in a heatwave, everyone is cranky and annoyed! I couldn't handle the crazy cold weather you get though, I always worry if I've dressed the boys too warmly or not enough in winter!

      Delete
  20. Outfit davvero molto carini.. e tu sei bellissima!!! Buona giornata ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet outfit, I wish we had such temperatures here!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  22. This look is very chic and everything compliments each other.
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh I really love this outfits!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes as you know i am a big fan of pattern mixing. And printed Kimonos are so pretty and I think you may need to invest in some Rebecca Minkoff stocks!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I do have so many of her bags!

      Delete
  25. Both bags are the cutest.
    I love it how you paired it with kimonos.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the first look. That's such a cute kimono and looks fab with the black and white striped top!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like how you pair prints together! The paintbrush tee is gorgeous and goes really well with your MAC bag! I think for Valentine's Day it was a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It was fun for Valentine's day for sure! :)

      Delete
  28. Such a sweet simple look! Love your kimono dear. Really cute details.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kimonos are always such a great addition to any outfit, I like how you mixed them with printed tops!

    ~xo Sheree
    poshclassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm just like you, I wear my printed kimonos with a print top, don't know why. Maybe I'm just a little extra than I want to admit to ;) And please send me a little bit of heat wave!! Seeing you in summer attire is making me totally jealous.

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm sure you look great in your print mixing outfits! :)

      Delete
  31. Goodness, I just realised I haven't worn a kimono in, oh I don't know, over a year?? Seeing yours here (especially that Dream Catch me number) is making me truly rethink my sartorial choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a style staple for me, especially in the tropical weather here in Brisbane :)

      Delete
  32. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and honest feedback on my outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are so great at mixing and matching patterns, like you did in that second outfit. I love the bright top you wore under the kimono!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like stripes and prints combined and I love it when the colors are coordinated between.
    Very useful about mac mini and mini canvas. I was thinking to get mini canvas but not I will give more thought - I sometimes have issues with my wallet and leather mac

    ReplyDelete
  35. In that last particular look, I think you did well with the mixing. It works in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I find leather easier to take care of. I loved both outfits. Nice bit of red for CNY.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just love a floral kimono and striped tee combo! Two terrific ways to show how even super casual looks can still be stylish and cute! Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...