Wednesday 1 May 2024

What I Bought In April and How I've Worn It

Back again with more wardrobe additions! After scoring a few thrift finds in February, I hadn't really felt the urge to add much to my wardrobe. I did make a couple of recent impulse buys though, so here's what I've bought in April and how I've worn it.



What I Bought:

  • thrifted Zara pink frayed hem skinny jeans
  • thrifted white leather Converse sneakers
  • thrifted Jeanswest cobalt blue blazer
  • thrifted Belle Folie multi colour tassel necklace
  • Just Jeans Jamie shirt tail v neck tee in coated champagne gold

Actually bought something new this month! While the jeans, Converse, necklace and blazer were lucky opshop finds, the metallic tee was something I picked up on our recent trip to the outlets. When hubby was buying a couple pairs of jeans I decided to add the tee to our shop as we waited at the register, I thought it would be fun to wear! It gets a lot of compliments for sure, but if I'd stopped and read the care tag and saw the metallic comes from polyester, and that Just Jeans does not have a good track record in ethical fashion practices, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Completely owning up to the fact that I got swayed by the price tag at the register, and committing to wear it 30 times as I do with everything I buy to minimise the environmental impact, just a reminder to myself to be a little more discerning when I shop and what I support with my cash.


The opshop finds are nothing but positive of course - my money goes to local opshops that help in the community, keeps clothing out of landfill and expands my wardrobe without adding to the environmental impact of the fashion industry or supporting the unfair lower-than-living-wage for people that make cheap clothes. Plus new wardrobe additions at barging preloved prices are always fun!



How I've Worn It:







The blue blazer I have a very similar style of in blush pink that I'm nearly at 30 wears with and so I know this blue one will get a lot of wear. I've really enjoyed the brightness it brings to my office outfits so far!

The tassel necklace I already have something similar, it was also an opshop find and it's a multi strand one with lots of colourful tassels. I couldn't resist this when I saw it at the opshop, despite it being similar to one I already own, as I know I like the style and it will be a great way to add a little more colour to my outfits.

The pink jeans are a little heavy on the stretch fabric but that does make them very comfortable to wear - and while I know frayed hem jeans were a trend a while ago, I couldn't pass up the cute shade of pink. As it was the 50% off sale day at the opshop too I got them for just $2 which was perfect.

Given how much I wear Converse lately I had to check out these leather ones at the opshop - seeing they were my size made them an automatic must-have! They do have the downside of looking exactly the same as my white canvas Converse in outfit pics, so they may suffer from being incorrectly tagged on the blog in future, but for $9 and a little bit of elbow grease to clean and condition the leather they were definitely a good buy. And at 7 wears already, definitely the most worn of my purchases this month!


The gold tee is a little tricker to wear than I thought - it is very shiny! But it's also been fun coming up with ways to wear it, and as you can see I've enjoyed pairing it with softer pinks the first couple of times I've worn it.






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 



8 comments:

  1. It's so easy to be lured in by the sales, isn't it? I like the gold top, but I had a silver one like it, and it was SO hard to style! I hope yours is better! Good purchases on the jeans and sneakers, and I love the shade of blue of your new-to-you blazer, Mica. I hope all is well with you - sorry, life has overwhelmed me lately, but I'm still reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metallic shirt looks beautiful and it's understandable that you didn't have a chance to look closely at the materials at that time. But the fact that you are going to wear it lots in the future definitely helps! I think it is wonderful that you buy from opshops consistently. Not only is it a great thing in general, but you find the most beautiful pieces there!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked up some cute pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these pieces are beautiful, Mica! I adore that blue blazer, I can see it working with so many different looks!!

    Wishing you a wonderful new month! : )

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good purchases over all, Mica, so surely you're forgiven the odd impulse buy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best things thrifting! I love those pink jeans and gold top!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great items.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some lovely purchases, Mica!
    You did really well.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...