Monday 18 June 2018

Winter Office Wear: Louis Vuitton Bleu Monogram Shawl With Pencil Skirts And Blazers

You may remember I got a beautiful LV Christmas gift, a classic monogram shawl I'd wanted for years. I had to wait until now and winter to wear it, but as soon as scarf weather arrived I was thrilled to take it out for a spin! It's coldest during my commutes to and from work as it's outside the heat of the day, so the cosy scarf kept me suitably warm.

What I wore:

Louis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu with blazer and polka dot pencil skirt winter office wear | awayfromtheblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH plus polka dot pencil skirt | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram louis vuitton monogram shawl in bleu pink polka dot pencil skirt
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Scarf: Louis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
Skirt: Cotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

I wasn't too sure about how this outfit would all work together. I really wanted to try the navy peasant top with the pink pencil skirt, but I wasn't sure if the blue scarf would work with the navy. I'm so pleased I gave this a go though, the different shades of blue look great together.

As an added bonus, the scarf helped hide the makeup spill I had on my top in the morning - I did try wash it off but makeup is stubborn and I didn't have a lot of time, so I appreciated being able to wrap up a bit and hide the evidence of me rishing about in the morning and being my usual clumsy self! The only downside is that it does cover the top up quite a bit in the outfit and makes it a little hard to see, but it's this one I recently bought from Jeanswest in one of their sales.

Ended up having lunch with hubby in the city. I got a call on my way to lunch saying he'd been another office and was near my building so we had lunch together. Was a nice change to catch up without the kids in tow!


Last worn: black jersey blazer, navy peasant blouse, pink polka dot skirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Balenciaga Black Part Time bag. First time I've worn the Louis Vuitton shawl.

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and a-line skirt, navy peasant blouse worn two ways, pink polka dot skirt and black shirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and blue dress, Balenciaga Black Part Time bag and pastel outfit.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimester, pink polka dot skirt in first trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga Black Part Time bag in second trimester.



Reveal Of Louis Vuitton Present




In case you missed it, including the short and sweet reveal of this gorgeous scarf, including some ways to wear it and how large it is compared to my petite frame!



What I wore:

blue and teal business casual winter office outfit with Louis Vuitton monogram shawl | away from blue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | away from the blue

Louis Vuitton monogram shawl with teal and blue pencil skirt outfit | awayfromblue instagram
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
Scarf: Louis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
TopJeanswest 'Aubrey' pintuck yoke henley in deep teal
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Just like the outfit above, I'd been wanting to wear this top and skirt combination together. I recently unboxed all my winter things, this long sleeve teal henley is one of them. I thought the colour combination with the blue skirt was nice, but I did worry the top was a bit casual for the office. The blazer helped to dress is up a little, and I've mentioned previously how I really like this cream jersey blazer with the lace skirt, as they have similar colours.

The cream blazer, tan flats and black Balenciaga bag were nice neutral options to wear with all of the colour in my outfit. I've only recently started wearing green and blue together, and I loved the different shades of blue with the teal, from the lace pencil skirt and the blue monogram shawl. Once again, this scarf kept me cosy on the early morning commute. It's part wool, so perfect for wrapping up in on a cold winter morning. I might even have to get my tights out next!


Last worn: cream jersey blazer, teal henley, Louis Vuitton bleu shawl (above), blue lace pencil skirt, camel flats, Balenciaga Part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearcream jersey blazer and Aztec print dress, teal henley and printed jeans, blue lace pencil skirt and wrap top, camel flats and printed dress, Balenciaga Part time bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancycream jersey blazer in second trimester, teal henley in second trimester, blue lace pencil skirt in third trimester, camel flats in second trimester, Balenciaga Part time bag and maternity pencil skirt.



Similar Blue Scarves Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

You don't have to stick with a neutral colour pallette when putting together a work outfit. It's easy to wear a colourful pencil skirt and top together, and still perfect for a business causal office. A scarf, as well as being a winter essential, is another nice way to add some colour to your layers and is easily removed when you get to your desk, so you can be a litle more adventurous with a bold colour or print.


Linking up with Trend Spin, Turning HeadsFashion FrenzyStyle On The Daily.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

63 comments:

  1. That polka dot skirt is so nice and looks lovely with the blue LV scarf! I love that outfit :)
    http://www.lambassadrice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful coloured shawl! I really like the polka dot skirt in the first pictures, so pretty!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really beautiful and suits you so well :D
    Have a lovely day,
    xx

    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New week Mica! I absolutely love the scarf. It is very luxe and layers softly. The colors in your outfit creates a beautiful blue ombre effect.

    I am headed to workout then join a summer reading challenge! I pray you are feeling better and you have a wonderful week.
    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. That look is so classy! I love the blue scarf styled with the look. The skirt really dresses up the look, and the scarf balances it out by adding a casual vibe. I hope you have a wonderful week too gorgeous!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the navy top with the pink skirt, the blue of the scarf is a little too vibrant for my taste, but I never had a thing for bright blues. Probably because everyone tells me I should wear them with my blonde hair!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm the complete opposite - I love all the blues! :)

      Delete
  7. Cute outfit and love that handbag! You always have the cutest handbags.
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that scarf is so pretty! Love the vibrant, beautiful blue. And both of your pencil skirts are great, too. I especially love the textured lace skirt. Hope your week is off to a good start now!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do think that this shade of blue works with more than we realize!! It's so lovely with both of these outfits, Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I am looking forward to wearing it with so many other colours!

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous scarf, and that color looks so good on you! And yay for it hiding a stain during a morning rush too, I have also grabbed a scarf to cover up a spill :) And how nice to have a kid-free lunch date with your hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being a clumsy person myself, having a scarf is the best!

      Delete
  11. I have to admit that the colour of this scarf is so pretty! It's an ideal colour for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They both like stylish, but office friendly outfits. I forgot about the shawl - it's such a gorgeous shade and I can imagine it will be worn quite a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm looking forward to getting more wear from this over this winter!

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you are finally able to wear your beautiful scarf! It's such a gorgeous color and looks really nice paired with the outfits you have here! I can't wait to see how else you are able to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I've been enjoying being able to wear it again!

      Delete
  14. Gosh! That scarf is just beautiful, Mica:) I want one now too:D It goes so well with both outfits, in particular the first one with the blue top. Two thumbs up for sure:)
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both lovely outfits for showing off the LV scarf - and that is a GORGEOUS colour on you! Yes, all shades of blue can work together, and same with blue/green. Way to go on pushing yourself outside your comfort zone!

    Oh, and if you ever make it to my part of the world, I will take time off work to hang out with you and show you around! You're on my list of "bloggers I would love to meet someday"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I'm trying to be more adventurous with the way I wear pieces in my wardrobe :) I will definitely let you know if i'm ever in your area! It would be so fun!

      Delete
  16. hello Mica
    How lucky you are, this gift is awesome !! I really like the pencil skirts for the office. They are so elegant and perfect and don't show more than they should !!! I liked the second look most, you know I have a childhood trauma with the polka dots, any day I tell the story on the blog.- This also happens to me in a hurry to make-up myself I ended mess up my clothes, but its okay we don't you see anything!!!

    Finally summer came to Portugal oh yeah !!!

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that sounds interesting with the polka dots!

      Delete
  17. Olá, tudo bom?

    Belíssimo echarpe! Gosto muito de usar e tenho vários.

    Um beijo,

    My Pure Style x My Instagram x My Facebook 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these outfits! The blue is so pretty!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your outfits! That blue scarf is stunning!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore this LV scarf, it brings a lot of fun to your outfit! Another great benefit is that it can be a great cover up if needed! I love lunches with my hubby but sadly he has recently moved to the office in another part of London so we can’t do it anymore . We used to lunch out pretty much a few times a week. Great times! 😘💞💖
    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome being able to catch up for lunch during the work day! :) Shame you can't do it any more!

      Delete
  21. What a fabulous blue scarf. I've always loved this shade of royal blue. It's so vibrant and instantly would put anyone in a great mood. I'm very much a fan of scarves – my collection has been growing rapidly as of last year haha! I find that they are a great way to add a level of elegant and complexity to an outfit. It can also look very Parisian as well! I especially like this colour of blue on a dress with polka dots. I think that would be perfect for summer!

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabella, I'm a fan of scarves too! I'm enjoying the winter weather and the opportunity to layer!

      Delete
  22. I love the colour of the blue scarf. I also love wearing different shades of blue together. It goes well with your polka dot skirt. It's nice meeting up with love ones for lunch. Cute post Mica : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes the balance of neutrals and color are well done! The color of that scarf is so fetching and love the lace and polkadot skirts, gorge!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your scarf is stunning. That’s awesome you had a lunch date with out the kiddos. We have yet to do a date day or night yet. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so hard getting time together! I love that things aligned and we both had lunch in the same place and same time, haha! Hope you get the opportunity soon!

      Delete
  25. I have soooo much love for this Louis Vuitton scarf! The bold cobalt blue colour is stunning and really suits your complexion babe :) Hope your week has got off to a good start!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love your scarf, Mica! It's such a beautiful colour and is such a lovely addition to your outfits. I'm sure this scarf will look fabulous with any outfit because it really is a beautiful piece. I look forward to seeing how you style it next! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! With our cold winter it's sure to get worn a lot more!

      Delete
  27. Loving the pop of blue on you! Such a pretty and vibrant color, went really well with both outfits.

    Shann Eileen | www.shanneileen.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this 2 cute office look! Those pencil skirts are so pretty and I love the fun prints!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both outfits are so chic.
    I love the scarf effect

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the polka dot skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful you finally can wear your perfect scarf and that you had this lunch with your husband! Sometimes a scarf has its advantages - I know what you mean :)
    Like also the 2nd look, how good you started wearing green and blue together as I really like these colour combination!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Rena! It was great being able to catch up for lunch!

      Delete
  32. That blue LV scarf is SUCH a pretty accessory- I love that color!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous scarf! Such a special Christmas gift. The shade of blue is so striking, and I like it with both looks. You will get a lot of wear out of it.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's a very lovely scarf! :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow this is such a classy look and I adore the pop of color,
    this strong blue-shade suits you perfectly.
    Nice combination my dear.

    take a look at my Blog and my Instgram

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW, what a gorgeous shawl/scarf! I like the monogram too - it's not in-your-face but not too subtle either!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a nice little print but not so bold that it will be hard to wear!

      Delete
  37. Gorgeous, that sums up the scarf. Gorgeous also sums up how that color looks on you ! I can see you wear this endlessly. With dark blue it totally works and with green: ohh laaa laaa and can you imagine it with pink ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved it with the pastel pink skirt, I'd really like to wear it with more pink!

      Delete
  38. You always make me smile, Mica with your winter outfits. They're such a difference compared to our winter looks here when we have a million layers on and are still blue, ha ha. If only I could wear a skirt in winter! This scarf to me is more suited to spring! It's gorgeous though! You did well waiting so long to wear it. The blue shade is just so beautiful, and the subtle monogram is ideal. Glad it hid your make up stain too ;) ha ha :D

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, early winter is quite mild here thankfully!

      Delete
  39. The LV scarf look warm and luxurious, I love this kind of accessories that transform your entire look! Also, I'm absolutely in love with both of these pencil skirts <3

    www.scentofsummer.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. That scarf looks absolutely beautiful; blue is your color! I've been wanting a scarf like that, too, but in the brown color. Such a classic, you'll wear it for years! Thanks for sharing and have a great rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definitely worth the splurge! Like you said, it's a classic!

      Delete
  41. That scarf looks so cute and cozy x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is really a beautiful scarf. I love the bright blue, perfect for brightening up your fall/winter wardrobe. You look gorgeous in this shade!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very pretty scarf! I love the blue tones on you. It looks wonderful with your outfits, and the pink skirt. Of course I love your BBag and I which reminds me to start wearing my one and only pink one.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...