Monday 3 July 2017

30 Wears: Black Printed Moto Leather Jacket by Markus Lupfer

I've mentioned on previous posts in this 30 wears series that finding clothing I've hit more than 30 wears on has been tricky. It's certainly easy to find accessories I've worn 30 times, but I'd love to try show more variety and include some clothing options.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was writing a post and searching my blog for the last time I'd worn this black printed leather jacket and discovered it had been worn over 30 times! It's the middle of winter here in Australia, and we just had a very cold snap in Brisbane so perfect timing to share some ways to wear a leather jacket. Apologies to those in the Northern Hemisphere facing heatwaves!



#30Wears: Markus Lupfer Black Printed Moto Leather Jacket


I bought this Markus Lupfer printed leather jacket in one of the ASOS sales in Autumn of 2013, so I've had it just over 4 years. 30 wears in that timeframe is quite low, but I did try to avoid my leather jackets for the two autumns and winters when the boys were babies, so I'm actually impressed it's been worn so much when you take that into account.

When I bought it I was definitely swayed by the sale price (reduced from $385 to $150). Check out the ASOS sales for leather jackets, you can get some amazing bargains. I wasn't sure how wearable it would be with the navy and grey print but decided to try it and give it a go. It was a special 'ASOS Black' collaboration with Markus Lupfer so I figured it would be the only time I'd get to buy a designer piece of clothing. I tend to splurge on designer bags instead!


Despite being unsure about how tricky the print would be to wear when I saw the jacket online, I'm glad I took the chance and bought it anyway as I loved it the minute it arrived! It really can be worn with so much, as you can see from the 30 wears below.



Black Leather Moto Jacket and Dress in Winter

I love layering up my dresses in winter with some cosy fleece-lined tights, boots and a leather jacket. With the subtle print on the jacket, I find it works well with plain dresses, but equally well with printed ones. I like the 'tougher' printed leather moto jacket with something feminine like a dress too, it's such a nice outfit combination. My favourite dress to wear with it is my navy and black striped tee dress, the print on the jacket is the perfect accompaniment with it!

30 Wears Markus Lupfer printed moto leather jacket dresses winter | away from the blue

5 ways to wear dresses and Markus Lupfer black printed moto leather jacket | awayFromTheBlue



Black Leather Moto Jacket and Jeans

My stay at home mum winter uniform quickly becomes jeans, leather jacket and cosy scarf, as you can see in these pictures! I like that this jacket works well with skinny jeans and flares, and it's just as good for casual Friday as it is for weekend wear. When it gets really cold I add some leather boots. I feel like a printed leather jacket like this is an easy and cosy way to add a little bit of edge to an otherwise plain jeans outfit.

30wears Markus Lupfer printed leather jacket Casual Friday SAHM style jeans

4 ways to wear skinny jeans, boots, printed leather jacket in winter | AwayFromTheBlue



Leather Jacket and Skirts

I still like to wear skirts in winter, usually with some fleece lined tights instead of bare legs when it gets really cold. A leather jacket is a nice piece for added warmth in the cooler early morning commute too. While I have worn these outfits to work, I always swap the leather jacket out for a cardigan once I get to my desk. My office does have a relaxed dress code but I just find a leather jacket a bit much to wear in the office. It's perfect for any times I'm outside during the day though.

5 ways to wear leather jacket and skirts in winter | Away From Blue blog


Leather Jacket and Maxi Lengths

I've only just started wearing this outfit formula recently so I don't have too many examples of it. But this printed leather jacket instantly makes a maxi outfit look more pulled together. A maxi skirt and knit can be a cosy winter outfit, but looks a little plain. The printed leather jacket is the perfect topper, and it keeps you cosy too! I'm planning to wear a leather jacket and maxi dress a lot more often this winter.

3 outfit ides Markus Lupfer printed leather jacket maxi dress and skirt | AwayFromBlue


Printed Leather Jacket and Printed Clothes

Despite my initial fears with the print on the jacket, I have found it to be really wearable! As you can see in the photos above I like wearing it with colourful printed scarves, but I'll happily wear it with other printed pieces too like jeans and skirts. The subtle print is just enough to add interest but not so much that it clashes with other prints in my outfit.

4 ways to wear printed leather jacket with other printed pieces | AwayFromTheBlue blog




If you're calculating cost per wear for this leather jacket, over 33 wears it's down to $4.54 a wear. Definitely something I'll continue to wear for years to come and can see it getting down to a $1 or less a wear - it still looks pristine.

I hope this has given you some inspiration for how to wear your leather jacket. If you're in the northern hemisphere you can always pin this post for later!


Leather Jackets Under $150:









There are a few fun Markus Lupfer pieces for sale at the Outnet right now too, although not as cheap as my jacket was.


Want more outfit ideas? See all the ways I've worn my leather jackets.


More posts in the 30 wears series:


Linking up with Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

33 comments:

  1. love that leather jacket...and the fact that you wore it over 30 times proves how versatile it is. All of these outfits are very stylish, thanks for sharing. I love seeing these kind of posts, where someone shows different way to wear one clothing item. I did a few of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be able to share a lot of ways to wear one piece - I'm really enjoying the 30 wears challenge this year!

      Delete
  2. I usually wear my jacket with jeans, but I like the way it looks over a dress.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww!! Such a great combinations!! Love them!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    NEW POST: MES VOYAGES A PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series and seeing all the ways you have worn a piece! My moto jacket is definitely one of my most worn items.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good moto jacket- you can't beat it!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous jacket I love the way it looks over the dresses too. You will also get so much more wear out of it as it's a classic!

    Have a great day.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great leather jacket, and clearly so versatile too! I have a faux suede jacket, but not a leather version--I think it's something I'd like to own eventually though. Thanks for all the styling inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a classic piece, for sure. I love it, but then, I love most leather items! Awesome job on getting so many wears out of it, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a marvellous garment Mica ! I am a real fan of your 30 ways to wear series !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think I would, but I am loving it with a skirt! Usually I'm a jeans and leather jacket type of girl, but skirts are cute with it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good leather moto jacket. I have one for years and years and it finally started wearing out. I got a new one from TopShop this Winter and I wear it all the time!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. That leather jacket is gorgeous! And I love that it's so versatile too :)

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a versatile piece Mica, and I love that it's a Markus Lupfer one! What a bargain! You look fab in all the looks.

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a similar jacket that I wear with loads. It's perfect. I love that green skirt in the top picture!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips! Thanks for sharing! Love your styles!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a moto jacket I wear quite often, but I am not sure if I have shown it on the blog as much, I will be saving this post for later! There are so many fabulous ideas for layering it and pairing it with colors! I can't wait to reference this when we begin to have fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mica, that's an awesome jacket girl! You could probably wear it with 30 more outfits, it is that versatile. Looks great on you!
    You got it for a wonderful price.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! it's sure to get a lot more wear, so versatile! :)

      Delete
  18. It's like 90 degrees today, so we are in fact facing a heatwave here in the Northern Hemisphere, haha. I love how much you mix up your pieces! I might wear things 30 times, but it's 30 times the same way! I'm bad at switching things up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's exactly why I love leather jackets! They can be SO versatile! You look beautiful (and very cool) in each of the ways you wore this jacket. Probably my favorite is combined with a winter dress because of the contrast of a feminine dress and an edgy piece like a biker ;)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the ways you styled your moto jacket! Such a versatile piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in love with the different ways you styled this jacket! It's so versatile.

    xoxo,
    Dannie
    www.stilefotocibo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these looks, great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look! I am such a sucker for moto jackets but it's just way too hot to wear one here in the Summer!

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/witch-favorite-color/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leather jacket look so good with everything, I need one!

    http://www.lydstaple.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great round up of ways to accessorize that jacket. I love that you use scarves. My favorite travel accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a good staple piece! This is definitely staple item that can change a look in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this looks!! I've seen you've mostly used scarf, but I agree nice leather jacket can actually look very classy.
    I've just seen some leather jeans from Paris fashion week, and they looked gorgeous!!

    xx, Danny

    d'star

    *d'star*

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the perfect leather jacket! It can be tricky to find a cut that fits just right and works well with different outfit types, and yours is just perfect! I wish I lived somewhere cold enough to be able to wear scarves, boots and jackets! I live in a shorts and tank top kind of climate, and I'm not a huge fan, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've had this post open for SO LONG it's not even funny. I wanted a nice stretch of sit down time to read it. That coat is seriously gorgeous. I love the second row outfit on the right with the Mulberry bag. Over the purple maxi with the yellow clutch is probably my second favourite. I'm looking forward to when things cool down again so I can try some of these combos out with my coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I'm glad it could inspire you and give you some outfit ideas for your upcoming cooler weather!

      Delete
  30. Thanks all for your kind comments - I'm thrilled you enjoy this 30 wears series, it's a lot of fun to put the posts together :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...