Friday 28 February 2020

30 Ways To Wear A Red Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Micro Avery Tote Bag #30wears

Another red bag for this months 30 ways to wear series! Previously in this series I've featured a bigger red Balenciaga bag, and a little red saddle bag.

Each month since January 2017, I pick something I've worn 30 times or more and put this post together sharing the ways I've worn it to give you some ideas or inspiration for how to rewear a similar piece in your own wardrobe. Inspired by the 30 wears challenge I heard about in The True Cost documentary.


30 Ways To Wear: Rebecca Minkoff Red Micro Avery Tote Bag


30 ways to wear a mini red crossbody bag rebecca minkoff micro avery tote | awayfromtheblue


I tried to think of some different ways to categorise these outfits, as I have shared other red bags before in the 30 Wears series. Despite having more bags in other colours, the red bags seem to be ones I reach for over and over and they are staples in my collection! I'm surprised I haven't done a 30 wears post yet with one of my many pink bags - need to add that to my to-do list!

Cost Per Wear


This Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag was a lucky eBay find back in August 2018. I had an eBay voucher, the seller hadn't listed a lot of details, and in the end I paid just $17 for it. One of my best eBay scores, I've certainly got a lot of value from that $17! At 33 wears it's down to 52 cents a wear. A really good cost per wear figure for a designer bag, even if it is just a contemporary designer and a discontinued style, I love it.




30 Wears Video Style:








Blue Dress


4 ways to wear a red bag with blue dresses | awayfromtheblue


I love red and blue together so of course I've worn this little red bag with a lot of blue! From navy to teal, the red really pops, especially against a printed blue dress.



Pencil Skirt


3 outfit ideas little red micro Avery bag with pencil skirts | away from the blue


Despite the mini size, this bag fits quite a lot! It can fit my essentials (keys, wallet phone) and still has space for my camera, so it's a good size to take to work if I don't have to carry any notes around. It means I've frequently worn it with pencil skirts, I think the mini size looks great worn this way.


Graphic Tee


5 ways to wear graphic tees with red micro avery bag | awayfromblue


I like to wear this bag casually too. I love a good tee, and this micro Avery bag works well with a graphic tee - from being the only pop of red in my outfit like in the middle with the blue and white graphic tee, or in the other outfits where I've matched the red bag to the red in the print of the tee. As you can see from the Santa tees, this bag gets worn a lot around Christmas time too.




Matching  Accessories


matching accessories neck pieces to a red bag ways to wear | away from blue


Matching bags and scarves is something I do often but I wanted to include that pic with the red and green beaded necklace there to show you you can match this cute little red bag to any red neck piece - a necklace or a scarf! Wearing this bag with a red scarf is definitely my favourite though!



Matching  Print


red printed pieces with red rebecca minkoff micro avery tote bag ways to wear


More matchy-matchy, this time matching in some subtle ways, wearing red printed pieces with this little red micro Avery bag. From something as bold as a red striped tank to a more subtle red stripe on a rainbow knit, the red bag is a great accessory to wear.



Matching Clothes


how to wear a red bag matching it to other clothes in your outfit | away from blue


I think this is the ultimate amount of matching! One statement red piece in your outfit looks great, like a skirt, tee or jeans, but you can go all-out and pair those red pieces with a similar bag too! When I do this, as you can see above, I tend to stick with neutral pieces in the rest of my outfit, or go with shades of blue that always look good with a lot of red.



Pop of Colour


wearing a red bag as a pop of colour with your outfit | away from blue


The final way you can wear a little red bag like this is not matching at all, it's using the red bag as the pop of colour in your outfit. I love the bold bright red against a neutral black outfit, but as you can see in the second pic there it doesn't have to be blacks and greys - it works so well with the mustard dress!



What's In My Bag: Rebcca Minkoff Micro Avery





Where to Buy the Rebecca Minkoff Micro Avery Bag







More Outfit Ideas:


For more outfit inspiration and ideas, you can view all the 39+ ways I've worn this navy tote in my blog archives, or browse the complete 30 wears series.

Similar Posts In The 30 Wears Series:


Linking up with Mutton Style, On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

56 comments:

  1. This is such a great bag, Mica:) Ebay is such a treasure trove! And love how you styled it with all these different outfits.
    Thanks for reminding me as well to re-watch True Cost. I've seen it awhile back and it's time to re-watch for sure.
    Have an awesome weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful looks and great ways to style the bag!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a fun, bright bag! Definitely can see why you've worn it so much, bright bags always seem to go with anything.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good red bag! Always classic and adds such fun color. These are such great looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always kill it when it comes to thinking of various ways to wear one item - and you've done it again with this gorgeous little tote bag! Have a fabulous weekend!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such an easy bag to wear! :) Goes with a lot!

      Delete
  6. It totally goes to show how red can add sass to any outfit. I have a red purse and wear it lots.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I'm calling versatility: that red Rebecca Minkoff bag certainly has it, providing a pop of colour in so many different ways! With all those colours, this post was a feast for my eyes on an otherwise grey and miserable day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how accessories can add a little bit of colour like that! :)

      Delete
  8. I think everyone should have a red bag in their closet

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a master at this. Great job. I love the bag by the way.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is amazing, love the bag!!

    https://modernastrega.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the red pop to any outfit with this bag! It looks fantastic.
    Happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have so many different outfit combinations to match with your bag!!! Wow, you paid such a great price for it. Can I just source you to buy all of the things I want for a great price??? I love your bargains. I love small bags because you are really forced to choose what you want to carry. I've been looking into small bags lately. Have a great weekend!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think I just got very very lucky with it! :)

      Delete
  13. wow such a statement bag Love the colour too And you styled it so well xoxo Cris
    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=3701

    ReplyDelete
  14. never thought a red bag will go with so many outfits!
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree that this bag really make a cool statement! The pop of color takes each look to another level.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cool bag to style and carry along. Loved the way you have carried this bag. I also like the size and the red color is truly gorgeous. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I was on break. Visited my family in Mumbai. I have a good news to share my brother's wife delivered a beautiful baby girl. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas! I love bringing a pop of color to my outfits with bags.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas.
    This is a beautiful red bag.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I have any red bags, so it was interesting to hear that red bags are ones you reach for over and over again! All the bags I use most often are boring neutrals, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of neutrals too but I love the brights! :)

      Delete
  20. am definitely getting a new red handbag for me. Love the way you have carried it with so many different dresses

    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love red bags, they just add so much drama and playfulness to an outfit, so it is no surprise to see you reaching for it time and time again. But I have to say a RM bag for $17 is definitely a massive win. Wish I had that kind of luck on eBay!

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really lucky find! I'm so pleased with it!

      Delete
  22. Oh, I need a red handbag! :-) You proved it: it goes with everything... I like how colorful you mixed and matched your outfits, and the lovely handbag goes well with all of your looks.
    Have a wonderful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This beautiful bag looks great in any time!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. It was such a bargain! I got so lucky! :)

      Delete
  25. What a beautiful bag- and so many ways to style it! You've made me realise that I'm actually missing red in my bag collection!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe you found the bag for $17! And it looks perfect. This would be my go-to bag. It's a nice size to carry and I love the pop of red it would add to anything. I love that you keep track of how many times you've worn it differently (you're so organized!). I can see that it's red but I'll bet if you wear it with coral, it kind of looks like it's coral. I have a nail polish that I love to wear that is the same color. It goes with anything red or coral that I wear. Great score on this one!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2020/02/23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to search the blog for ways I've worn things! :) And yes, some people say it looks very orange but it always looks red in person and with other red pieces. It's a great shade!

      Delete
  27. This bag has such a great silhouette and color! It's no wonder it has been such a versatile piece for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. at first I was WOW 30 ways and you did it! I love the look of red and blue mixed together. xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello, I am a big fan of Rebecca Minkoff's bags and shoes. You certainly got an amazing deal on this one. I also have a couple of red bags but neither is as practical as this one and I don't have an Avery. I seem to gravitate towards Loves and Leos. It seems we both do love our bags! Take care and have a good weekend (or what's left of it). XOXO Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love is a great bag - I have two of it, haha! A classic I think! :)

      Delete
  30. What a beautiful bag - this one seems perfect, it's so versatile. I really like red bags for adding a little pop of colour to my more plain outfits x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome! Great outfit inspo :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm usually not a fan of red purses but this one goes so well with all the other looks!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful bag. it matches all looks and looks amazing
    xo
    http://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's such a great bag! Red can sometimes be an intimidating color to wear, but you showed how versatile it can be! Thanks for sharing! Beautiful photos, as well! I hope you had a great weekend! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, you have styled this bag brilliantly. You have shown that how versatile it can be. I am looking for such a stylish red bag for me.

    have a happy Monday girl :)
    Love <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. hands up! Now I want a a bold red bag!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love purses (bags), I just don't love changing them - or finding ones I do like (an almost impossible task for me). You've done a great job with the little red bag - and I do also love color. Thanks for sharing.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the opposite problem - I'm always seeing bags I want and have to buy, haha!

      Delete
  38. What a fun purse to own. Red is so a fun pop of color to add to any outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a cute and versatile bag indeed!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...