Wednesday 21 December 2022

Striped Tops and Maxi Skirts With Floral Bag

Summer stripes and skirts outfits! Wearing a couple of my thrifted block colour maxi skirts with striped tops and my little hand painted floral bag.


What I wore:

red white striped tee with navy maxi skirt and floral hand painted tote bag | awayfromblue

Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
TeeCotton On The One fitted v tee in eddy stripe white / red terracotta
Skirt: thrifted navy viscose drawstring no label maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

This was a fun day! I'd booked in a craft day for the boys. It was nature themed so they used things like feathers and leaves and gumnuts to make some decorations for the tree, along with a couple of paintings. I even got involved with some painting too, although I of course made a bit more of a mess than the kids and regretted wearing a white tee!

I thought this red and white striped tee would be a good pairing with the navy maxi skirt, and with the navy beaded necklace and the floral bag it stopped it looking too nautical. Just not the best tee for painting in!


Last worn: stripe tee, navy beaded necklace, navy maxi skirt, Havaianas, hand painted bag.

Other ways to wearstripe tee and shorts, navy maxi skirt and leopard print, hand painted bag and pink dress.



Overview of Detail On My Hand Painted Bag - YouTube Shorts





What I wore:



Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
TankJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
Skirtthrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this skirt with a red tee I really liked the combination, so decided to pair the rust skirt with red again with this coral striped tank. It was such a hot day, a tank and this light skirt was the best outfit. Again I thought the floral painted bag would work nicely with this, even though the colours in the bag don't match anything in the outfit, I do like florals and stripes together.

While I wore this back at the start of December during the school term, I had one kid home sick with me as I worked from home, and then we had family over for dinner in the evening. Thankfully he's all better now - and he managed to be quiet through most of my meetings, ha!


Last worncoral brushstroke stripe tank, tassel necklace, ochre maxi skirt, Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff hand painted tote (above).

Other ways to wearcoral brushstroke stripe tank and pencil skirt, ochre maxi skirt and denim jacket, Rebecca Minkoff hand painted tote with floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancycoral striped tank in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

A striped tee or tank is a great way to add a little more print and colour to a plain maxi skirt, as I have in these outfits. You can wear a printed bag as well for even more interest in your outfit.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

14 comments:

  1. Love the mix of stripes and florals in both looks! Have a wonderful Christmas Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those outfits look nice and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you kiddo is feeling better.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you're using the bag so much, Mica! I love that you were in a "Bag Lady" kind of mood for these cute looks! The nautical look of the first outfit is awesome. I love the marigold orange and striped top together - I'm not sure that the bag pairs that well with those colours (being more in cool tones), but what the heck, why not?? :D

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I definitely like it better with the colours in the first outfit, but I was in the mood to wear this beautiful bag again! I love it :)

      Delete
  5. Não restam dúvidas de que é uma apaixonada pela moda.
    Sente-se que gosta de se sentir confortável, mesmo naquelas escolhas que possam parecer mais casuais.
    A carteira apresentada é bastante original, talvez com demasiados dizeres.
    Bom Natal.
    Juvenal Nunes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how that second tank looks like a watercolor painting! So pretty.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These outfits are both pretty and comfortable - a great combination! And I love seeing your painted bag again. Gorgeous!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. In spite of being the same outfit formula, these two are very different outfits when it comes to their moods. Although I do love the first, cool toned one, which Sheila's bag works the best with, my favourite is the fiery second one, which I think is the epitome of Summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very summery outfit combination!

      Delete
  9. The craft day sounds like it was a lot of fun. What a neat idea! Also, I cannot get over how incredible that purse is. It's so stylish, fun, and just awe inspiring! It stands out for all the right reasons.

    the creation of beauty is art.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful outfits, Mica, and the nature-themed crafts sounds so fun! It would definitely be my luck to get paint all over my shirt too, haha!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...