Monday 21 December 2020

Weekday Wear Linkup: Festive Red and Green Maxi Skirt Outfits With Navy

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up post I'm sharing two red and green maxi skirt outfits I wore recently. In an effort to be a little more festive for December I decided to wear some red and green maxi skirt outfits this summer. Nothing too "costume-y" but both a lot of fun to wear. Even if I wore one of them on the weekend rather than on a week day!


What I wore:

red green and navy summer Christmas party outfit maxi skirt and frill sleeve tee, emerald bag | awayfromblue

red printed maxi skirt with Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | red printed maxi skirt with green accessories for Christmas with navy frill sleeve tee


Earrings: Colette shadow dancer geo circle tassel drop earrings
Necklace: Ruby Olive Art series long striped pod necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve Ric Rac detailed tee in deep iris
Skirtthrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers (new purchase)
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs howlite, hematite and red beaded bracelets with rose gold bead bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

This was such a fun outfit! It's not the first time I've tired this red maxi skirt with green but I really liked the combination! It does feel so festive, with the green in the necklace and the green Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag and this red maxi skirt it was perfect for a day of Christmas parties! The kids wore some of their Christmas tees too. We had a party with some of my son's classmates in the morning after swimming lessons, and then another Christmas party in the afternoon with our neighbours. Socially distancing at them both of course, although we hadn't had any cases in over 84 days in Queensland. It was nice to have it feeling almost like normal again!

I've worn this navy frill sleeve tee with the red maxi skirt before, I thought it was a nice neutral base with the bright statement necklace and the green bag. It was also a very comfortable option for the hot and humid day, and although we got a little wet when the storm blew in under the gazebo in the afternoon and made us retreat into the neighbour's garage, we had a great day despite the weather!


Last worngold bar earringsnavy frill sleeve tee, Ruby Olive statement necklace, red printed maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 Zip bag. First time I've shared the shoes on the blog as they were a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearnavy frill sleeve tee and shorts, red printed maxi skirt and denim jacket, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 Zip bag and matching necklace.




What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 Zip Bag






What I wore:

subtle red and green Christmas shopping outfit with navy maxi skirt | away from the blue

navy maxi skirt with Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag | awayfromtheblue

subtle red and green Christmas shopping outfit with navy maxi skirt and green bag | awayfromblue Instagram


NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
Skirt: thrifted navy viscose drawstring no label maxi skirt
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Polka Luka resin bangles in red and teal
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

This is a more subtle green and red outfit than the one above, again with the little Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag, this time pairing it with the red in the fern print of the tank. I played up the green a bit more with the accessories, the green beaded statement necklace is such a good pairing with the green bag and the green and red resin bangles continued the colour scheme.

Again I added navy, this time a thrifted side split maxi skirt. It's such a nice light option for a hot day, even if we did spend most of it inside in the aircon. Took the kids out to the library, shopping for our last Christmas presents, and to mail off our letters to Santa. The kids had me write one too...Santa was kind enough to write back!

I thought the red and green colours would be fun, if a bit extra for a day of Christmas shopping. I dressed the kids in one of their Christmas tees too as I went overboard buying them this year and need to look for excuses to have them wear them, ha! We weren't the only ones festively attired at the shops that day though.



How You Can Wear It:


Red and green is a good festive colour combo to try in an outfit in December! To get into the mood for a Christmas party or maybe a little more subtly for a day of Christmas shopping, it's something you can have a lot of fun with!



Weekday Wear Linkup #100


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

A massive thank you to everyone who links up every week - I can't believe I'm at 100 weeks of this already!

I do visit everyone's posts and leave a comment but apologies if I don't get around to it until next week - with baby boy recovering from surgery and Christmas this week it will be busy, but I will visit when I can.

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. Both outfits look fun and festive! So envious of your 84 days with new Covid cases.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mica, I love both outfits very much. You look adorable in these maxi skirts. I also think the Elissa tank top is totally cute.

    I wish you a Merry christmas!
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these fun color mixes with these looks Mica! Thanks so much for the link up. Happy Christmas week!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these festive colors on you, Mica! So pretty. And that green bag is magnificent! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your season. I'm so fed up with winter already! Ha ha, want to wear those summer clothes too, lovely! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how that first outfit would be so fun for Christmas events - the green bag is so perfect for this time of year! Hope you are having a fun and festive week, bet the boys are counting down the days!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both outfits look fabulous, Mica. I love wearing maxi skirts and I love the festive colours!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both outfits look great! Love the navy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stylish outfit.
    Love your skirt.

    Happy Holidays!

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these outfits are so cute but the second is my favorite! Love your green bag!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both looks are so fun! Loving all the beautiful colors <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. These definitely feel low key festive, it's a nice way to work in a holiday theme in your everyday wear. And I love that you got a letter back from Santa!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sweet as I wasn't expecting one for myself, just the kids! :) Very thoughtful of the company to do that!

      Delete
  13. Your green bag and colorful statement necklaces are perfect accents to add Christmas cheer to these two outfits! So happy for you to be Covid free and for your family to be able to enjoy holiday parties and gatherings. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous looks, Mica. Especially loving the blue skirt but both are so pretty. Loving the color of your bag!! And gorgeous colorful necklace on the first outfit! It's so perfect for summer!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see how both looks are festive and yet neither screams Christmas. Your great bags and statement necklaces tie everything together with a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It goes to show you can be festive with colors...I love both of these Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So envious that you've had 84 days without any new Covid cases!
    I'm loving your festive outfits, especially the first one, which is so joyful and colourful. I'd wear that in a heartbeat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky here in Queensland! :)

      Delete
  18. Ah yes indeed red and green is perfect for this time of year. Love the pattern on the red skirt and you hair is getting long!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally digging the holiday vibes of both outfits:) You really do look fab in maxi skirts.
    And it's really quite awesome you guys are almost back to normal over there. Not so over here:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things get safer for you soon and the current lockdown works to slow the case spread!

      Delete
  20. Love both looks.. love your vibrant skirts and blouse.. you have styled both outfits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the subtle red and green pairing! It makes the outfits wearable year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both of these so these are great inspiration for me! I don't wear my maxis often enough!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like both outfits. Red and green is a color combination that I really like!

    Also, I hope your boy is going to have a swift recovery.

    Enjoy the holidays!

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the way you punch the bright colours in both outfits, Mica. Sadly Sydney is in a pickle at the moment so who knows what Christmas would be for us, we need a miracle :). Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you managed to have a good Christmas even with the restrictions!

      Delete
  25. I love your subtle nod to Christmas! Happy holidays, and hope you have a lovely one!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would give anything to be able to go to a party and see people!, even if it was socially-distanced. I miss my friends so much.

    Love your very seasonal first outfit, Mica, and the touches of red and green in the second one are subtle, but just right - without being overdone! Love them.

    A very Happy Christmas to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this is the year things get safer for you and you can have parties again! :)

      Delete
  27. Both of these outfits are prefect. Love how you added the pop of green to them.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the bold colors in that first look Mica! It's such a pretty look. I love that navy skirt too. That's great that there haven't been cases for that many days! Wish things were better here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like both looks on you but the first one is definitely my favourite! That bold skirt is so pretty. <3 Wishing you a Happy Christmas dear to you and family! x/M
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the complementary colors, Mica! You're right, the outfits are very festive. The second one is my favorite!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this style. It is so gorgeous and really works well together :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2020/12/fashion-forecast-chic-staple-for-cool.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love how you had your hair curled in the festive outfit! So pretty! It's nice your kids get to have some time socializing with their friends. And color blocking for Christmas sounds like a fun theme I'd like to try! :D xoxo Hope you are well and staying healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I've been trying to do it more often as I love the results (on less humid days, ha!)

      Delete
  33. Such lovely outfits and love the pops of green.
    Gemma x
    https://www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful festive combos. I love red and blue, always a great colour combo. The blue top in the first outfit looks great with the red maxi...and I like the combo with the blue maxi skirt just as much. You look amazing in both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are such great looks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wish Covid was doing better here, but not yet... hopefully by the spring it'll be better! I love all of these bright and cheerful colors. It makes me long for the spring!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your red and green looks are so festive here, Mica! Also, 100 linkups already? Time flies! =)

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas this week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  38. That bag have true green color perfect for this festive sesson and I like how you combine it with different colors. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/kilian-woman-in-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. A very nice and stylish look, dear! Love your bag! 

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's always fun to add a little festive Red & Green to your look! Hope you have the happiest holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the green and red color combo, but don´t think I have ever worn it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to do it again next December! :)

      Delete
  42. Both of your fashion styles are beautiful.
    The green bag is perfect for the Christmas momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love both looks! The Dark blue and orange color combination looks gorgeous!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dear Mica, it's great to see you wearing these beautiful and colorful outfits.
    Thank you for always stopping by my blog. HNY . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...