Monday 17 February 2020

Weekday Wear Link Up: Pink Tees and Blue Printed Maxi Skirts with Louis Vuitton Neverfull

Sharing two similar casual outfits for today's Weekday Wear Linkup, that follow the same basic outfit formula but look very different. I like pink and blue together, so on some stay at home mum days I paired two different pink tees with printed blue maxi skirts and my Louis Vuitton Neverfull tote bag.

I share a lot of workwear looks for the linkup, but I only work part time so aside from the two days I'm in the office during the week I'm pretty casually dressed!

What I wore:

pink tee and navy stripe maxi skirt outfit SAHM summer style with louis vuitton neverfull MM damier azur | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull with striped maxi skirt | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | summer SAHM style navy stripe maxi skirt raspberry v neck tee casual outfit with louis vuitton neverfull MM
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
DressCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Decided to get pics of this lovely outfit while we were out by the bayside - unfortunately the tide was out so it's not as pretty as I thought it would turn out, haha! I had one on one time with my son and while we did have to get groceries on the way back home, we spent the morning playing by the sea and having a special morning tea just the two of us. By the time the tide had rolled in, my outfit was covered in cake, apple juice and sand so I wasn't going to try repeat the photos! 😂

This raspberry pink tee works so well with the navy stripe maxi skirt - I feel I haven't given this skirt much attention lately, it's a great basic piece and pairs so well with many colours. This raspberry tee was a Christmas gift from my mum and works well with all of the blue I have in my wardrobe! Matched the navy stripes with the navy and gold necklace and the navy and pink Havaianas. I love a bit of matchy-matchy.

The Louis Vuitton neverfull was perfect as I didn't take the baby bag. I carried the wipes, hand sanitiser and both our water bottles in it to save having to bring the baby bag along too.


Last worn: raspberry tee, navy and gold necklace, navy stripe maxi skirt, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton damier azur MM Neverfull tote.

Other ways to wear raspberry tee and Bermuda shorts, navy stripe maxi skirt in winter, Louis Vuitton damier azur MM Neverfull tote worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton damier azur MM Neverfull tote in third trimester.



Wear and Tear: Louis Vuitton Neverfull Condition After 7 Years










What I wore:

Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve tee in fuchsia with Ally Fashion floral print maxi skirt louis vuitton MM damier azur | away from blue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull with floral maxi skirt outfit | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | bright colourfum summer SAHM outfit with floral maxi skirt and fuchsia pink statement sleeve tee
Necklace: Colette crescent purple and gold necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve tee in fuchsia
Skirt: Ally Fashion blue border print floral maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Same outfit formula as the one above - pink tee, printed blue maxi skirt, but a lot brighter with the hot pink frill sleeve tee and the bright blue floral maxi skirt. I really liked this outfit - it was a bit of a bold pairing but it made me smile all day! I added the purple crescent necklace for a little extra colour but I'll be honest the pink tee is so bold you barely notice it!

Carried my Louis Vuitton Neverfull as I had a busy day ahead, including taking advantage of some rare kid-free time in the afternoon to finally go to the optician and discover that I did need new glasses (I use glasses for working at the computer). Turned into a very expensive day!


Last worn: fuchsia frill sleeve tee, crescent necklace, floral maxi skirt, Havaianas (above), Louis Vuitton damier azur Neverfull tote (above). 

Other ways to wearfuchsia frill sleeve tee and pencil skirt, floral maxi skirt with turquoise, Louis Vuitton damier azur Neverfull tote and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton damier azur Neverfull tote at 38 weeks.




Blue Printed Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A blue printed maxi skirt looks great worn with a simple basic tee. You don't have to stick to neutrals though! You can pick a soft pink, or even a bold bright pink, for something a little different that's still just as comfortable. Pink and blue are a great combination in any shades!





Weekday Wear Linkup #58


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Mutton Style, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Six.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. Your special morning with your son having tea and playing in the sand sounds so fun! Glad you work part time and you're able to enjoy those kind of moments. I love your bag!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. How I wish I could pull the same too.

      Delete
    2. Yes I'm so lucky to be able to work part time so I can have the adult interaction in the office but still have some days with the kids!

      Delete
  2. Like the colour of your t-shirt, Mica, looks really nice with the stripe skirt. Love your bag collection. Have a nice week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One on one time with just one of your kids is always so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! So hard to come by but to be cherished! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely outfit, Mica! I also love those shopping bags by LV, they fit so much stuff and go with everything xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Neverfull looks BRAND NEW! Well done taking such good care of it! I love the checker pattern myself, had a speedy bandolier for years in the brown - would have loved the white but i'm not confident of my ability to keep it as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find this really easy to keep clean - although my speedy bandouliere I also have in the damier ebene and it's a workhorse it's great for going anywhere!

      Delete
  6. Your morning with you son sounds so fun! Both of these outfits are lovely!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the mix of pink and blue! The tote looks perfect with both casual chic summer looks. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you live that close to the beach, why aren't you there all the time?!? I think I'd live there. Maybe you just get used to it. I'm SO relieved that you told me you only work 2 days a week! I had no idea how in the world you fit in so many activities with the boys and shopping and work and photos every day. I love that your Mom picks up such great pieces for you as gifts - obviously she knows your fashion sense very well because she does great! I love both of the Tee and skirt combinations but I'd really love to see a closeup of the navy and pink thongs!

    Thank you so much for another linkup!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2020/02/06

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes 3 days a week (1 working from home, 2 in the office) is as much as I can handle with two kids, haha! :) We really should be at the beach more often but every time we plan to go there's something in the water and we can't!

      Delete
  9. Really beautiful, love long skirts. Hope you have a great week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to get out to the beach to spend some quality time! The beach is one of my favorite places to go to just getaway and relax with the wonderful breeze and calming sound of the waves crashing.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely! pink makes you look soo very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it´s so nice to read about your one on one time with your little kid. I´m glad you are having so nice mornings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you and your son had a wonderful time together. :) I always enjoy seeing how you take the same formula and change it up. Two very cute warm weather options for the office. I especially like your navy striped skirt! I hope you and your family have a wonderful week, Mica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Mica, I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two wonderful looks, Mica. I'm loving both skirts, they look wonderful paired with pink. My favorite is the first look with the striped skirt.
    Tea time with your son sounds wonderful!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the top look with the coral top and fun chunky necklace. I've loved those Neverfulls for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a very worthy splurge I think! :)

      Delete
  17. I love your first outfit! The raspberry shirt and navy skirt are such a pretty color combo. Haha yes, too bad that the tide was out, but it sounds like a lovely day with your son!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pink and blue are some of my favorite colors to wear together. Love how you put them together in your outfits!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Louis V - they never go out of style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very nice and stylish look, dear! Love your bag! 

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bag still looks amazing and I'm loving blue with pink right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good bad. Very versatile :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute relax look :)
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's amazing that how these outfits, even if they are built along the same formula, are totally different due to the slightly different hues. I love pink and blue together, so both get my approval, but for some reason the first outfit resonates the most with me. The shade of raspberry pink of your tee is especially delightful! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it goes to show you don't need to think up a new outfit each time! :)

      Delete
  25. I love the first outfit but they both are really nice. I like the neverfull in blue and white. I have that bag in brown. Hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So lovely summery looks, Mica! Looking at your photos, really I cant wait that summer is back here!^^
    The 1st outfit is my fav, that striped skirt scream beach, and the combo with pink tee is just perfect!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both of these outfits are beautiful.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello
    I love this bag but here in Portugal they are very expensive !! As for your looks are very comfortable, but I liked the first one more !!
    xoox

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely something to save up for here too, although when I got this one 7 years ago the prices were a lot more affordable, haha!

      Delete
  29. I have that tote too and get so much use out of it! It's the best bag for everyday use and traveling.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah yes similar but varied. I like how one outfit was the subtle pink and blue and the second was the brilliant pink and blue, so cool!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love both! Honestly, I think that purse looks really good with both outfits. I love the colors so much :) Have a great week!

    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love how you wore the same color combination Mica, yet they are different values of the colors and so look very different.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  33. cute outfit! loving the colors and I love the necklace in the first one! xx

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love pink and blue paired together. I especially love the first outfit. That stripe maxi is such a stunning piece. I also love that tee on you. The colour I mean is so gorgeous on you.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You remind me that I want to search for a striped blue white skirt! Love to wear that in Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one gets worn a lot in summer, it's perfect for that!

      Delete
  36. Pink and blue is such a gorgeous combo, Mica! I love the lighter and more vibrant shades of pink. I love your second skirt too. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aw, your special morning tea with your son sounds so fun. I really love both of these outfits as well. It's such a perfect color combo.

    I hope you're having a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello! You so beautiful! You look marvellous lovely! https://beautypumma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just great, I like everything.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both are great looks.. love your jewelry choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
  41. love the beach location on the first shot....Great outfits both of them. You wear your maxi skirt so well.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I usually wear a ton of maxi skirts and dresses to the office in the summer- great coverage for chilly AC-cooled buildings, but breezy enough for outside, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from pregnancy I haven't tried a maxi in the office yet - maybe if I was working Friday's I'd try for casual Friday! :)

      Delete
  43. Pink and any shade of blue make such a beautiful combination! It's so summery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the mix of patterns with your checkered LV and striped skirt—you look so summery and classic!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  45. Got to love the one on one time with the kiddos. My daughter had some of that this weekend. While my husband works. We cuddled on the couch and watch frozen 2. Then we played with her toys.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day :)

      Delete
  46. I love the ruffle detail on the sleeves of your pink tee, that is so pretty! I also love the color combo in the first look, it is so summery and fun. I love seeing both your office style and your casual looks--it's a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great neutral bag. And two cute outfits. You are right, they have the same ingredients but look nothing alike. I need to wear my maxis more often. Maybe this will be the spring and summer of the maxi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am loving you in pink! It looks so pretty with the blue skirts too! And I hate when you take pictures thinking that the background will look great and then it doesn't--such a bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I got the picture though! :) Before we had a very messy morning tea, haha!

      Delete
  49. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. After 7 years its held up quite well ! a very good investment. do you know your cost per wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a present so I don't remember the exact value sorry.

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...