Monday 25 November 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Belted Fit and Flare Dresses With Tees Underneath and Balenciaga Day Bags

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm layering some 3/4 sleeve tees under classic fit and flare dresses. And adding all the accessories! The last of our stuff is out of storage and my uncle helped me finish the rest of my wardrobe room so I finally have all of my clothes and accessories in one wardrobe room in our new house, making me very happy indeed!

What I wore:

sleeveless fit and flare dress lbd with pink accessories and tee layered underneath | awayfromblue

black fit and flare dress with Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram spring office outfit long sleeve tee with black LBD fit and flare sleeveless dress pink accessories
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress (with grey long sleeve tee underneath)
BeltAsos Metal Keeper super skinny belt in pink
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus pearl and rose gold bracelet stack
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've layered a neutral tee under this black fit and flare dress. It makes it the perfect base for some bright accessories, and this magenta Balenciaga day bag matches so nicely with this magenta skinny belt. Which I haven't worn for a few years as it's just recently been uncovered from storage after our move (I went into a little bit more detail about the return of the belts here). So happy to see it again, it's a great colour match to this Balenciaga day bag.

The pink crystals in the necklace don't match the magenta pink exactly, but I still liked the extra touch of colour it added to the outfit. Went a little further and added the printed shoes too, these leopard print ballet flats are so fun to wear with a monochromatic outfit.

They grey tee wasn't really needed underneath in the heat of the day but it was appreciated in the cold aircon at work, even if I did overheat a little when my friend and I went out for a walk at lunch time, where I posed in front of yet another jacaranda tree!


Last worn: statement necklace, black fit and flare dress, pink belt, leopard print flats, magenta Balenciaga day bag.

Other ways to wearblack fit and flare dress in winter, pink belt and maxi dress, leopard print flats with stripes, magenta Balenciaga day bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyblack fit and flare dress in second trimester, pink belt in second trimester, magenta Balenciaga day bag in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Day










What I wore:

teal tee under striped fit and flare sleeveless dress with red accessories and balenciaga day bag | away from blue

bracelet stack, hermes kelly double tour with Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | teal tee under sleeveless striped fit and flare dress with Balenciaga day bag and red accessories
Necklace: thrifted black and grey floral crystal statement necklace
DressJeanswest 'Rita' stripe jersey dress (with Valleygirl blue 3/4 sleeve tee underneath)
Belt: thrifted (op-shop) find
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs suede flats in red
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Even more colourful this time, on my next day in the office I wore another fit and flare dress, this one in a classic black and white stripe. I added a teal tee underneath and then some red accessories - mostly because I felt these red suede ballet flats were overdue a wear and you know I can't resist a little matchy-matchy!

With the red belt, shoes and Hermes Kelly bracelet I felt a red necklace might have been a little too much so I picked this anchormen crystal statement necklace instead. The blue Balenciaga day bag isn't a great match to the teal tee, but I thought it complimented it nicely and this bag looks great with red!


Last worn: striped fit and flare dress, teal tee, statement necklace, Hermes bracelet, red belt, red suede flats, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearstriped fit and flare dress and blazer, teal tee and pencil skirtred belt and little black dress, red suede flats and jeans, Balenciaga tempete day bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancystriped fit and flare dress in second trimester, teal tee in second trimester, red suede flats in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.



Fit And Flare Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A fit and flare dress is such a staple, and with a sleeveless one like these two you can easily layer a tee underneath if the office aircon is a little chilly, bypassing the need for a blazer or cardigan on top. You can add some colour with bright accessories like statement necklaces or belts. A fit and flare dress looks great belted!



Weekday Wear Linkup #46


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

78 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Love the pop of color from the bag. Oooohh I love the Marc Jacobs flats!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun, I need to wear them more often! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the belted dresses! Love to do they with blazers and cardigans too! Have a great start of the week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these look nice belted and it adds a little extra colour too! :)

      Delete
  3. I like so much both belted outfits- you look so lovely wearing them :-)
    So cool that your uncle helped you with the wardrobe room - so cool to have one :-)

    have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright pink purse, it's such a fun pop of color! I love the way you styled both of these outfits! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour of your bag. My all daily bags ale black and grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pink bag is fabulous, love that. I hope you had a fantastic weekend lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these outfits, Mica! Both dresses are so pretty and versatile and your accessories in both looks are fantastic! I love how your bag and belt match in the first outfit and your belt and shoes in the second one. I love both statement necklaces too! Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey for matchy-matchy, haha! it's so fun!

      Delete
  8. I most definitely need more fit and flare dresses in my wardrobe! I can really struggle with workwear and they are great options for making smart for work but then really casual for weekends or evenings!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are such a staple part of my work wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  9. I love this fit and flare style of these dresses! The layering is perfect with both. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weather sounds so similar to ours -oyr spring gets so warm! Then the a/c is so cold we always end up layering. That Jacaranda tree is huge!
    Hope you have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mica, you are so cute! I love the long sleeve tees layered under your dresses and the belts just take it to a whole new level! Great outfits, my friend. Thanks for hosting!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love this layered look, Mica:) I need to invest more in 3/4 sleeved shirts for sure. I tend to just wear tight turtlenecks under dresses, but this look would be awesome for winter:) Thanks for the inspo. And I always am amazed how you coordinate your accessories.
    Hope you're having a lovely start to the week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an idea to try! I like layering under these dresses, they layer well! :)

      Delete
  13. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the look of the dresses belted! I hope that you'll do a post on your new wardrobe room!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to do a post soon! I just keep reorganising it trying to get it just right first, haha!

      Delete
  14. I never seem to have the right top to go under a dress - definitely need to invest in some because I love the look, especially with the 3/4 sleeve length (perfect for Florida!)

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep these just for layering - they work well under jumpers too! :) Definitely a good thing to pick up!

      Delete
  15. I do that a lot in the winter now, pairing my dresses with a long sleeve underneath. Will you do a tour of your new dressing room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! i'm planning to do a tour once I have it all set up just how I like it - I keep reorganising it at the moment, haha!

      Delete
  16. I always thought putting a shirt under a dress made me look frumpy, but it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the long sleeve tops layered under dresses. You have made these outfits even more stylish with the belt. You are looking so stylish and beautiful.
    Have a great Monday.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That BRIGHT POP of color is gorgeous - I'd love that during our drab winters!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright accessories are the best for a little extra colour in winter!

      Delete
  19. Your necklage is really original ;)
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are such pretty dresses and the bags are perfect! Love that Fuchsia color!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so cute! Love that bag color.
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, a wardrobe room sounds very nice! How exciting for you! And I'm loving the black and grey with pops of magenta! That color combo is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to have one, it's so nice being able to see all my clothes and accessories in one place!

      Delete
  23. You're rocking that bag girl! Love the unique colour!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/home-enthusiast-gift-guide/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looove that black dress paired with the gray and pink! Super cute :D
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. So it really is beautifully matched.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful and cute outfits. I like how you style both dresses. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/11/salvatore-ferragamo-signorina-misteriosa_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. The belts add just the perfect pop of colour to both looks! What a subtle way to mix up an outfit and give it that extra bit of glam. You always look so stunning.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a lovely dresses and I like the both outfits! You look so nice!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love layering long sleep top under sleeveless dresses! It is such a great way to extend the life of your wardrobe!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dresses like these work so well with a top underneath! It's a nice alternative to layering over top and less fussy to wear! I love the accessories you wore in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's much easier than layering over them! I find layering over the top things slide around a bit sometimes, haha!

      Delete
  31. Both great layered look, Mica. I am so pleased with your "shoe game" here - both the leopard flats for the pattern, and the red shoes for the pop of colour. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I'm inspired by you to try work my more statement shoes into my outfits more often! :)

      Delete
  32. Love that first look.. you have styled it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the color of your bag. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your oufits! Layering is key and your bag is gorgeous!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is such a smart way to layer Mica!! I always forget to do this and now is the time for it.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the variety of dresses you have!

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mica, your layered dresses are perfect for this time of year . I do like your red flats and your bag . Have a great week and many thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You paired both the dresses so beautifully. I love the strip dress with blue and the red pop of color with your belt and shoes is so pretty. And your wardrobe room sounds lovely too. It would be my dream closet. :-) Looking very pretty as always Mica. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been a dream of mine to have, I'm excited it's all come together with help from my aunt and uncle!

      Delete
  39. Balenciaga is such an amazing design house- love that pink bag!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are great looks on you! I love how you've wearing your makeup and hair here by the way - you look so fresh! :) Hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always put makeup on for the office, try to fell a little more pulled together, haha!

      Delete
  41. Wearing tees under sleeveless fit and flare dresses is such a great way of layering. My favourite is the second one! I love stripes, plus teal and red together, so a true winner for me. Hope your week is going well, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. You look so pretty in your dresses and handbags. I love both looks.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm a fan of belting fit & flare dresses! Really love the contrast between black and pink on the first outfit!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they look great belted too, I'm excited to have my belts back! :)

      Delete
  44. Cute outfit! Love the colors.
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a good feeling to have all of your clothes in one spot! That's great! And I love how you styled these dresses. I love fit and flare dresses but I've never tried to layer anything under them. You've inspired me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  46. that bag is a great timeless piece, but unfortunately that skinny belt and statement necklace are not...

    I think it might be time to stop touting these 2013 styles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wear what I like, no matter what's trendy at the moment, and I love my statement necklaces! :) Sorry you don't like them! I tend to just rewear and keep on loving things I buy for a while even if fashion and trends move on.
      If you're looking more fashion forward blogs I have a great list of ones I admire: https://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com/p/blogs-i-love.html

      Delete
  47. This is such a cute and simple way to layer! I love the statement necklace you're wearing with the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gift from my very stylish bestie! :)

      Delete
  48. These type of dresses are so flattering. I love a nice flare!
    Really like the added tee underneath. Looks great!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. A belt is definitely a great way to style up an outfit like this!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the red flats! So perfect for fall/winter especially the holidays! Hope you're having a great week to!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love that bright pink Balenciaga—how fun!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  52. The little belt can add so much to an outfit. I like the pop of color it adds x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute way to add a little extra colour and it's nice to change up the dresses a little each time I wear them with different belts!

      Delete
  53. Love your choices and combination. Look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks all for your comments - and for those that linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow, I wouldn't have thought you layered a tee with that first dress, it just looks like the dress has contrast sleeves. And I love the black and grey together. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love that it looks like both shirts are a part of the dresses! The colors go beautifully together and I really love how the magenta looks with the black and gray.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...