Monday 11 November 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Printed Dresses And Blush Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Small Darren

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing my solution for those "I don't know what to wear to the office" days, a pretty printed dress! Both of these dresses are oldies in my wardrobe, so I tried something different with them this time and wore them with statement necklaces, and my adorable little blush Rebecca Minkoff small Darren bag.

What I wore:

navy belted ikat print dress with blush pink Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag | awayfromblue

navy dress with Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | awayfromblue


awayfromblue Instagram | navy ikat print belted dress with rebecca minkoff small darren bag
Necklace: thrifted black and grey floral crystal statement necklace
DressJeanswest Aztec print dress
BeltRebecca Minkoff Liv double wrap velvet belt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bag:  Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

I'm always surprised to see I haven't hit 30 wears with this dress yet! I bought it back in 2012 and it's been such a staple in my wardrobe, I would have thought it was one of my most worn pieces! It definitely feels like I've should have worn it more than 19 times...

This is the first time I've worn this blush bag with the dress and I really liked the combination of the navy Ikat print with the blush bag. I felt it needed a belt so picked this one to wear, even though the belt has gold hardware and the bag is silver, it was the best I had at the time and I didn't dislike the mixed metals with the belt, bag, shoes and statement necklace as much as I thought I would when I wore it!

I've been using just 3 belts for quite a while now, this one included. I boxed up the rest of my belts while pregnant and house hunting years ago and they have only just been found (we moved into our new house months ago, ha!). Despite having to throw a few of them out as pleather being stored in the Queensland heat and humidity never ends well, it flakes and peels.... I'm excited I'll have more belt choice again!


Last worn: Ikat print dress, crystal statement necklace, velvet double wrap belt, metallic ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

Other ways to wearIkat print dress with purple, velvet double wrap belt and sheath dress, metallic ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyIkat print dress in third trimestermetallic ballet flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Small Darren Messenger










What I wore:

Leona edmiston fern print dress with statement necklace blush rebecca minkoff darren bag | away from blue

black printed dress with Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | away from blue

awayfromtheblue | leona Edmiston black fern print dress matching rebecca minkoff blush messenger bag
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
DressLeona Edmiston Jemima fern print dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

Another simple printed dress outfit for a busy day at work. I like the ease of this dress, just throw on and go. This time around I decided to add a bit more colour to the blush and white print with the big neon crystal statement necklace. I really liked the unexpected combination, and as always happens whenever I wear this necklace, it got a lot of compliments!

The blush Rebecca Minkoff small Darren bag matches the pink in the fern print of the dress nicely, and the classic black Walnut Melbourne ballet flats match the black base of the dress. A matchy-matchy outfit that made me happy!


Last worn: fern print dress, crystal statement necklace, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff pink Darren bag (above).

Other ways to wearfern print dress in winter, black ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff pink Darren bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyfern print dress in second trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.



Printed Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A printed dress is an easy throw on and go outfit when you're not sure what to wear, and a knee length one like these is great for an office environment. You can add a little extra interest with a bold statement necklace like I have here or keep it simple and let the print on the dress be the only statement in your outfit.





Weekday Wear Linkup #44


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Modest Monday, Turning Heads, Trend SpinConfident Twosday, Fashion Frenzy, Style Six, Oh Hey Girl, Style On The Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

72 comments:

  1. Very nice. You looks amazing. A like this bag and your dress 🥰
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that bag! I'm missing short sleeves and bare legs - it's freezing here in Ireland! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hand bag is so cute and I do love the dress. You look fantastic x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic dresses! It's so good to be able to wear dresses with sandals and without a jacket or cardigan isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice when that warmer weather arrives!

      Delete
  5. I'm loving your two pretty printed dresses, Mica, and they would be perfect for the office as well as an evening out. My favourite is the second one. Have a lovely week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bunch of belts but probably only wear 3 myself - maybe I need to go through them and lighten my load. Cute bag - pretty color and perfect size. I love a dress to for ease of getting ready. Looks like your spring has sprung and you are getting some nice weather!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's surprising how few belts I've needed over the years, I enjoyed rediscovering them though!

      Delete
  7. Both of these dresses are so pretty, Mica! I love both of your necklaces, too! The bag looks so pretty with both outfits. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pretty dress looks lovely and perfect for your warm weather. The statement necklace works beautifully. Many thanks for hosting Mica, have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, lovely dress and the accessories, you are perfect
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The navy and blush combo is a pretty one. It really does complement both dresses and work well together. I love your RM Darren bag - it is uber cute!! I hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of these dresses! That second one with the fern print is amazing! Your accessories are so on point and chic. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty dress and looks.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/11/the-average-nigerian-youth-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how easy it is to throw on a dress and go! Both of your dresses are so cute! I love your pink bag!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous bag- when I invest in bags I want to know that they're versatile and this one totally looks like it is! Great buy.
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a few printed dresses that I love for the office. Great if you don’t want to think about your outfit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These prints are so unique, Mica! And I love both color palettes. And they each work so great with your blush bag!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so pretty
    God bless 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute outfit! Love the handbag.
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful outfits, especially loving the blue dress with the pretty bag. But you look fantastic in both!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I like the print on both of these dresses! I'm really drawn to abstract + geometric prints. You sound just like me with the inner monologue of comparing my handbag hardware to my outfit or accessories. I have to tell myself not to worry about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes it annoys me, other times I don't stress too much about it!

      Delete
  21. I need to wear my necklaces more! Do you keep track how often you have worn each item?
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post every outfit I've worn and keep track that way - I can search my blog archive and see how many times something has popped up in a post :)

      Delete
  22. Dresses really are the best:) Just put it on and voila...complete outfit. You look fab in both outfits as always:)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so elegant and so gorgeous! Have a nice day.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. These dresses looks so beautiful. I can't decide which one I like more. And that bag is so cute, colour is perfect.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/11/beauty-of-listening_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yes! you can never go wrong with a printed dress! Both dresses are fabulous and so versatile. I love how you styled them too. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful outfit, love the dress!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look so lovely in these! That bag goes perfectly too!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My goodness, I'm pretty sure you can make anything look good but especially prints! Both dresses look absolutely incredible on you. Prints definitely suit you! And those accessories are perfection. You are quickly becoming one of my style icons!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look great.. both dresses are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look pretty and wonderful, Mica. -But this bag is lovely!!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your style *_*
    https://chiaradipalma92.blogspot.com/2019/11/unghie-autunnali-le-idee-piu-originali.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. You can't go wrong with a blush bag, so beautiful Mica.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your blush bag pairs so nicely with both of your dresses! It compliments them perfectly! A printed dress is a wonderful solution when you are stumped on what to wear for work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those dresses are so pretty! Love the colors and patterns. It almost makes me wish I dressed up for work, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I get to wear more of my office pieces, they'd never get worn otherwise!

      Delete
  35. This is exactly why I love dresses so much. Easy peasy and you look so nice, Mica.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  36. You always match your clothes so well and put lots of thought into your bags and dresses. I love how the pink in the fern print matches your blush bag :)

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that pretty blush bag! That color is so versatile, I love how it looks with so many different colors and prints. Both of those dresses are so cute too and I love that necklace in your second look.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful photos! I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love when a matchy-matchy ootd makes one feels happy. Hehe. You look super glowy in the two dresses. The aztec print one feels delightfully bohemian! I definitely relate on the pleather belt peeling and dying situation. Makes me think on spending less on PU in general. Which I am! Have not been shopping for clothes in ages as I'm shopping my own closet. I hope you're having a great start to the week there. PS: Your hair is so shiny and healthy :) Stay fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's not the best fabric to buy in the humidity, definitely something I'm trying to avoid buying too!

      Delete
  40. Love this look, this dress is amazing. Have an amazing day.
    Kisses,
    E.
    http://www.withcapitale.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. That blush bag is stunning, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beaufitul dresses ♥
    And you are so cute!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Mica
    I can't take my eyes from your statement necklaces, they are beautiful!!
    Also love your blush bag very pretty as you are too!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. That bag is amazing! :)

    X Merel
    https://www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. You can't really go wrong with a pretty printed dress for work days when you don't know what to wear. I love how the ease dresses since they are outfits in themselves. That blush pink bag is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both fabulous outfits, Mica! I love the prints on these, and well done on the statement necklaces too!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love a good printed dress too. The Darren bag is such a lovely and versatile shade!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Cute dresses! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That's such a cute bag and I love how the pale pink looks against the dark blue print of your dress!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's such a cute and chic bag dear! Love it!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love ith, when you smile in your Pictures :)
    So cute.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  52. I rarely wear a belt, but you look great with yours on your dress. Cute bag too. Thanks for joining our linkup!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks all for your lovely comments, and for those that linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such lovely dresses and I love the bag! Thanks for the visit to my blog. I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Mica
    Ive been loving small bags as of late, and this pink one is a great shape. Love the cobalt blue dress on you and the pattern in the second.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...