Wednesday 31 July 2019

Printed Shift Dresses With Colourful Scarves and Balenciaga Pink City Bag In Winter

I like colourful handbags and accessories, especially in winter to add some colour to winter layers! Today I'm sharing two very different printed shift dresses with my sorbet pink Balenciaga city bag, some colourful scarves and denim jackets. Oh, and an update on my #noBuyJuly challenge.

What I wore:

navy striped shift dress with denim jacket purple leopard print scarf and sorbet pink balenciaga city bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | awayfromtheblue

away from blue instagram | day out with Thomas ipswich rail museum outfit striped tee dress leopard print scarf denim jacket glitter sneakers
JacketJeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress with leggings underneath
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Wore this to take the boys out to their favourite museum - the Ipswich Rail Museum. For the winter school holidays back at the start of June, they had their usual 'Thomas and Friends' show, which the boys love. Trains and Thomas, perfect for them! We try and go once each time it's on.

Wanted something easy and comfortable for the day of walking around, this comfy striped tee dress is a fave and easily winterised with the leggings, purple leopard print scarf and denim jacket. It was a little bit windy and I did get cold ankles at some points, but I was still happy with this outfit. Perfect for a day running around various exhibits.

With the purple leopard print scarf, I thought the sorbet pink Balenciaga city bag was a great accessory - and it fit everything I needed to carry as well as my camera for the day. You can see what fits inside the city bag in my video below.


Last worn: denim moto jacket, purple leopard print scarf, striped tee dress, sparkly sneakers, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to weardenim moto jacket and jeans, purple leopard print scarf with purple bag, striped tee dress with mustard cardi, sparkly sneakers and shorts, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancypurple leopard print scarf in third trimester, striped tee dress in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Sorbet City Bag










What I wore:


printed shift dress, tall boots, denim jacket, balenciaga sorbet pink city bag matching scarf | away from blue

pink scarf and silver bracelets with Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | shift dress in winter for church with pink accessories scarf and Balenciaga city bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
EarringsJeanswest Evy dangly earring
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in hot pink (c/o)
DressJeanswest Nikki printed shirt dress
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Again, another printed shift dress! This one has a fun geometric print on it with tiny pink ovals, so I always seem to gravitate towards pink accessories when I wear it! Even if the pink is hard to see in a photo. Thought this hot pink scarf would look nice with the print, along with the sorbet Balenciaga city bag, even if the shades of pink aren't the same. I like a little matchy matchy by wearing similar coloured pieces together.

Again just a simple denim jacket on top - the tall tan boots kept me cosy along with the fleecy tights and despite the cold start to the morning it was warmer when we left church.


Last worn: denim jacket, pink crinkle scarf, dangly earrings, geometric print shift dress, tall tan boots, Balenciaga sorbet city bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket and maxi skirt, pink crinkle scarf in the snow, geometric print shift dress and sandals, tall tan boots and jeans, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and kimono.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet city bag at 37 weeks.



Printed Shift Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A printed shift dress is a fun piece to wear in winter, with a few modifications! Both these dresses have long sleeves, and with cosy leggings and a scarf it makes a warmer outfit on a colder day.


No Buy July 19 Update

It was tricky not buying anything in July! I'd looked back at the purchases I'd made over the year in June and seen I bought more than I should have, so I was sure that No Buy July was the right thing to do. The sales were so tempting though, and hard to resist, especially when the Rebecca Minkoff sale got to 75% off and Jeanswest had a further 50% off sale items!

I did manage to make it through the month of July with no fashion purchases! I'm pleased I was able to stick to the challenge and I think I'll do it again next year too, making it the fifth year I've done No Buy July.


Linking up with Chic and Stylish, Thursday Moda, Trendy Thursday, Fancy Friday, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. Lovely dress and your bag is such an eyecatcher as well ♥

    xxx
    Tina

    https://styleappetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags and scarves add such a lovely pop of colour! I've been loving seeing your OOTD on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your no buy July has been going on for 5 years? Holy cow - that is a huge accomplishment. I was proud of myself for not buying anything from the NSale! Baby steps, right?
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I haven't been successful every year! But I've tried to stay away from the sales each July and not spend anything on fashion!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great way to add color to an outfit Mica!!
    I love them both!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem leaving comments because it does not recognize my account, but can only comment if I reply to someone.
      I searching for a beg in that shade of pink for a years and can't find it. I really like how you style it with scarf. You look so beautiful.

      New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/07/beauty-of-words_31.html

      Delete
  5. I love how you styled both of these printed shift dresses. Printed dresses are such a fun way to jazz up winter outfits. I also like how you always thrown in a statement scarf. I love wearing statement scarves in winter too. Both of these outfits are lovely. I especially like the first one, possibly because of that baby blue bag, it's so adorable and this shade suits you so well. The pink Balenciaga bag is wonderful. It matches both outfits perfectly and I like how it matches the pink scarf in the second look. What is more this bag looks very practical, it is great that you can fit your cam in there. P.S. Congrats on completing the no buy July challenge. It must have been tempting with the sales and everything. It's great you were doing it for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It can be a tricky challenge with all the sales around but it's good to have a month off with no shopping for fashion things!

      Delete
  6. Aren't accessories great that way! Such an easy option for brightening up an outfit without going full on BRIGHT SKIRTTTT!!! Ha ha. I love that first scarf, such a great color
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, this is why I love bright bags! :)

      Delete
  7. I love the bright colour of your bag (brightly coloured bags really are great in the gloom of winter, aren't they). I'm also mildly obsessed with your sparkly sneakers in the first outfit - those are pretty great.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wear a great find, just $8 at Kmart! So sparkly!

      Delete
  8. Love that pink bag!! It complements both of your outfits so nicely. Great job on no buy July! That's really amazing that it's your fifth year in a row!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on No-Buy July, Mica! I've been trying (trying) to scale back my shopping a bit lately.

    I love the pink bag with these outfits. The last one is my favourite - mostly due to that spectacular pink scarf! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always find such amazing pieces, it would be hard to scale back the shopping when you already spend so little for such great returns!

      Delete
  10. Always love your scarves and they way you style them hun!



    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these outfits are fabulous! I really love the pop of color from your bag and your scarf. Aw, and the train museum sounds like so much fun!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wearing color is such a fantastic way to brighten up those dreary winter months and you've definitely got the right idea with your vibrant accessories. Your pink Balenciaga bag is so unexpected and chic! Good on you for acing the no buy July challenge Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the best scarves and handbag collection. You have me inspired to wear more dresses.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mica
    I love in your second look the scarf paired with the bag wich has a color I love!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the contrast of your denim biker jacket with your pink bag, but your second outfit is my favourite, due to its interesting mix of pattern, texture and colour. Lovely outfit for a dull winter's day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great smart look
    New post:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/07/so-you-want-to-get-married.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the deep rose shade of pink for this bag; such an unusual and yet totally versatile colour for a large tote! You have a great collection of handbags :) Hope you're having a fabulous week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how your accessories always match so perfectly <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Balenciaga bag:) Goes so well with both outfits, and as always, I love how you accessorize your outfits.
    Hope you're having an awesome week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are such fun looks. I love the color of the sorbet bag! The hot pink scarf is quite fabulous too! Perfect ways to add a pop of color to and outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the layers, especially that second outfit with your boots! The cognac boots look so cute with it! I always forget to wear my denim jacket once cooler weather hits, but it's adorable the way you have layered it over your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your shoes and honestly can't believe they came from Kmart. I hope I can find some in my local Kmart haha. I also love that bag and scarf, they go together so well!

    - Avalon from Simply Avalon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them on sale a while back unfortunately :( But I hope they bring the style back again!

      Delete
  23. You have such a great collection of scarves and bags, Mica! Accessories like these really do make an outfit unique and special. I especially like the hot pink scarf and the sorbet pink bag is definitely one of my favourites of yours! ;) Hope you're having a great week so far. :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are both such fun ways to add colour in winter!

      Delete
  24. Denim jackets always look so cool on dresses! And the sorbet bag is gorgeous! Especially in winter! To Spice things up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This dress is so pretty and I like the scarf from the first outfit, so pretty x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this dress is so pretty,, you look lovely xx

    Gorgeous post!

    Thea || www.theascott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw this is such a lovely outfit Hun :)

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. This scarf in violet looks perfect on you, Mica. Such lovely looks.

    www.ninakobi.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving the color of that pretty Balenciaga, Mica! Happy Thursday!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice looks and your bag is so cool! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whenever it gets cold outside I tend to dress in black and grey, to get cozy against the cold - for me colors are for summer. Although the muddy grey German winter could probably benefit from a pop of pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutral layers are best as they go with everything! I just can't resist adding a touch of colour with accessories :)

      Delete
  32. Love the outfits and that bag!

    Tracy
    https://www.findyourdazzle.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Scarves are such an easy fun way to dress up an outfit. I love the hot pink scarf! Thomas the Train sure does have staying power...my son was obsessed with Thomas and he's now 30 years old...lol!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I remember the original ones, all computer generated now!

      Delete
  34. A scarf can make a huge difference! I love your outfit :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these scarfs and that bag! These outfits are so lovely!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on making it through no buy July! There's so many good sales so I know it was hard to do! Love your bag and bright scarfs! Perfect pops of color!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both of these outfits look great! I love the color of your bag and it's the perfect pop of color for each outfit. When it gets cold here I need to remember to wear scarves more since they always look great with your outfits!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. This bag is so so stunning and it's great that you can use them in different outfits. I like both version this time again but the second one is my favorite- I am crazy about your shoes there xx

    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on completing your challenge! Both outfits look amazing. I actually really like the look of pink in photos and I especially love the bright pink scarf you're wearing in the second outfit. The color is so bright and fun.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  40. You do so well with the colourful accessories! Pink always look fab on you - especially this hot pink on the scarf in your second outfit and the sorbet pink of the Bal. They make an otherwise neutral, simple outfit really pop :)

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your Balenciaga bag! It looks nice and you can definitely pack a lot of things in it! The bag looks great with the pink scarves. Good job on not buying anything in July!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice dress and bag too.

    http://swarnaz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. That Balenciaga bag is such a nice pop of color, and I love your scarves too! I'm so glad that you didn't have 13 crumpled receipts in your What's in My Bag video, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Oh my goodness! (Those are all hidden away in the pouches!)

      Delete
  44. Thank you all for your kind comments, and congrats on completing my no buy July challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just read your comment on finding a Balenciaga in a bin! This to me is amazing :)
    Lovely scarf Mica.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...