Monday 12 March 2018

Rebecca Minkoff Regan and Studded Guitar Strap with Printed Shorts & Tanks

In the Rebecca Minkoff sale I bought the Regan satchel in navy and the crystal studded guitar strap. I knew they would look great together, and they really do! Paired the bag and guitar strap combo with some fun tanks and printed shorts. These soft shorts were so helpful in the summer heatwaves.

What I wore:

Jeanswest metallic tank, printed Parker soft shorts Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap and Regan bag | awayfromblue

JORD Cora wood watch and Rebecca Minkoff regan satchel in moon navy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram rebecca minkoff regan bag and embellished guitar strap with metallic tank soft shorts
Necklace: Lovisa wooden statement bead necklace
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (on sale!)
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

With the crystal embellished guitar strap and the shimmery yet subtle metallic tank, this felt like a dressier version of the standard shorts and tank outfit combo I'd been wearing all summer. I didn't wear it anywhere special though, just to work from home and do the daycare drop off pick up. I spent some time in the afternoon with my mum as we tried to get to the bottom of the washing machine troubles I've been having and I stuffed my face with cookies she brought over.

A rather uneventful day for such a pretty outfit, but I'm sure I'll wear the tank and printed shorts together again soon, I really liked the combination.


Last worn: metallic tank, Parker printed shorts, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff embellished guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff Regan.

Other ways to wearmetallic tank and maxi skirt, Parker printed shorts and kimono, studded sandals and navy dress, Rebecca Minkoff embellished guitar strap and Love bag, Rebecca Minkoff Regan in the office.

Perfect for pregnancystudded sandals in second trimester.



Rebecca Minkoff Guitar Strap Review:




Where To Buy Rebecca Minkoff Guitar Straps:








What I wore:

pink satin singlet and soft blue printed relaxed shorts with Rebecca Minkoff bag, guitar strap and sandals | away from blue

OPI Koala beary pink nails and singlet with navy Rebecca Minkoff regan satchel moon | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram pink satin singlet blue printed soft shorts summer SAHM style Rebecca Minkoff accessories
NecklaceJeanswest Taki necklace (C/O)
Top: Asos satin singlet in pink
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap
NailsOPI Koala Bear-y

Why I wore it:

How perfect is the statement necklace with the embellished bag strap?! I really loved the combination of accessories. Pulled this outfit together as I wanted to wear these shorts again. I was aiming to hit 30 wears on them by the end of summer, but as I didn't wear them weekly as I needed to in order to hit 30 wears, I didn't quite get there. These still have another 8 wears to go! I was hunting through my wardrobe for something different to wear with them. I like blue and pink together so don't know why I haven't tried this combo before.

The satin tank is another take on the shimmery metallic tank worn in the first outfit. As you can see all I did was change the colours in this outfit, otherwise it's the exact same formula. Outfit formulas are the best when you're a busy mum, you just take what you liked from a previous outfit and change a piece or two to come up with a whole new look. Easy!

Wore this for a quiet day. Ran a few errands in the morning. Before grocery shopping, we went to the opshop looking for hats for the boys. How do their heads grow so quickly?! Managed to find a hat and also picked up a pair of shorts for myself, you might have seen them in my haul video.


Last worn: satin tank, printed shorts, gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap (above), Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote (above).

Other ways to wearsatin tank and cobalt jacket, printed shorts in monochrome outfit, gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap and monochrome outfit, Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote accessorised with a scarf.

Perfect for pregnancysatin tank and hidden second trimester bump.


Metallic or Satin Tanks Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:

Printed shorts and a plain tank is a staple summer outfit, and a wonderful outfit formula to follow as you can just pick a different tank for a whole new look. A plain colour will always look good with a busy print. You can add some extra interest to your tanks by choosing an interesting fabric, like metallic or satin.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Style On The Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

50 comments:

  1. Happy New day Mica! The bag is so cute and the strap add a lot of glam to the look. It's amazing how one little change can make a big impact. Thanks for sharing!

    Have a blessed week pretty lady!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, changing the strap for a bag is a small but fun change! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the guitar strap that you have picked for your RM bag and I love the Reagan tote. It's spacious and the leather is luscious. I love love RM bags. The shade of the color you picked also goes very well with your printed shorts. Perfect for those summer heatwaves you guys are having and the ones I am dreading that will be coming to us in the next few months. Summer and I don't get along! Lol 😂 I hope you are having a great day so far and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I hope your summer heat isn't too much for you then! I will be glad to see autumn weather arrive so I can layer!

      Delete
  3. What a great strap for the bag, it looks so cool!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is so cute and such a great buy during the sale. I do agree that the straps create a statement look to the outfit!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having special embellished items to make an outfit more interesting like your guitar strap or shimmery tank. They make it look like you spent so much more effort into getting dressed than you actually did! I am really liking the guitar strap with that bag. It's such a great way to jazz up a bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like having little extra bits of interest like that in an outfit :) And I'm loving this guitar strap!

      Delete
  6. How can anything regarding kids geow so quickly? I feel like not only the heads, they need new clothes constantly! And as my son is big, he is already wearing the same clothing size as my daughter does, no chance in handing down clothes next winter.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I'm always surprised when they have a growth spurt. After getting hats and feeling happy, a couple weeks later I was urgently rushing out to buy new shoes, ha!

      Delete
  7. Oooh I like the strap, it definitely adds to the whole style of the piece. I love little things like this, they all come together to help support a really nice outfit.

    Amy;
    Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the combo of the pink tank with those printed shorts--they go really well together! I also love the fun, funky strap for your bag! I've never thought about changing up the strap of a purse before, but it does really change up the look! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are such a fun way to change a bag! I'm sure this won't be the only one I buy, haha!

      Delete
  9. Love that studded guitar strap on that bag! So pretty! Beautiful, casual summer looks! I hope it warms up here in DC soon - it's been so cold and rainy!

    -Emily | www.East91Blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the bag strap !! I saw some at the store a few weeks ago and they were plastic so I figured they would last very few wears and decided not to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hope you can find some leather ones! I love the Rebecca Minkoff one I have, I am going to look for more in the sales!

      Delete
  11. That is a gorgeous bag and I adore the strap because it makes it so unique! I am envious whenever I hop on here and see you wearing shorts, it's like a never ending cold here.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haah it's the opposite here and feels like never ending heat!

      Delete
  12. Happy Monday! Love this look! Those shorts are too cute!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a really clever use of guitar strap. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! It's a trend that's been around for a while, this is just the first strap I've tried, it's actually a strap designed to look like a guitar strap but has the clasps on each end - easier to see in the video.

      Delete
  14. I really love the guitar strap! It adds such a fun element to the bag and looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. That embellished strap adds so much fun to the bag! I love the idea of changing things out. You have choices. It's very pretty Mica. Love both of your outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It's definitely nice to have more choices :)

      Delete
  16. Oh I love that strap! It adds so much more pizazz to the bag! Super fun touch!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love versatile bags like this, you can literally wear it with anything! And the guitar strap is a nice stylish touch!

    Scent of Summer

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag is so cute and fun! You look great, Mica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of making the bag strap an extension of how your outfit is accessorized. This one is so cute!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. The weather must be great in your neck of the woods. Both looks work and I LOVE that strap! I've used my bag straps as belts in the past. Lovely bag.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a very hot summer, and even though it's autumn now it's still quite warm!

      Delete
  21. I love that strap! It's so cute and really changes up the whole look!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the two casual looks you did. I like how you can look great in those printed shorts. Makes me want to buy a pair of my own. And the strap just puts that extra oomph in your look.

    Hope you're doing well and always stay gorgeous! :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely and classy is that bag. I love the softness of the material. You look so pretty in your outfit.
    Hope your week has started off well. Have a blessed one Mica dear.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had a lovely start to the week! :)

      Delete
  24. That guitar strap is such a fun addition to the purse, Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. The guitar strap on this super cute RM is such a statement! I love it!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  26. With the rain that has made here I can not even imagine when I can wear shorts !!! I really like the strap on your bag, it's very trendy. I hope you have a great week.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no rain here, nothing but heat at the moment!

      Delete
  27. I like the guitar strap/bag strap trend! It's a great way to add new life to an old bag!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool strap! This reminds me that, maybe, with all the brands that are selling extra straps now as a bag accessory, I might be able to find something for my ancient MAB bag. The last time I tried looking for one (in early 2015), it wasn't a thing that brands were really doing, and I had to find something on AliExpress. The one I got back then didn't even fit because the clips weren't the right size...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can definitely find something now! There's so much choice, and I can confirm that the Rebecca Minkoff ones will work on the MAB! :)

      Delete
  29. A guitar strap is such a cool idea. A great way to style up a bag x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this strap, It's so fun and playful - great with your shorts. Hope you're well Mica. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVING that bag! It's very Balenciaga-esque, but the guitar strap makes it fun too! Sometimes a pretty outfit can really make up for an uneventful day I find :D

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I put a video on my channel showing how similar it is to a Balenciaga city! :)

      Delete
  32. I love the guitar straps they are doing now! They're so cool. I like yours with the embellishment, sits nicely on your Regan! Happy Thursday, Mica! I hope you're well and it's cooled down!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! Not cooled down too much yet, but it has a little which is nice! :)

      Delete
  33. That's a really cute way to accessorize your bag. Love the embellishments of the strap too. Nice pick dear.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks all for your nice comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...