Wednesday 29 August 2018

Green Pants With Mustard Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan Bag and Cosy Cardigans

Green is a colour I find tricky to wear. I've had a few green pieces in my wardrobe over the years, but it's usually due to buying something despite it being green, rather than buying something because it's green like I do with colours like mustard or blue.

After getting green maternity pieces a few years ago, I've been open to trying green more often. I've tried olive and blush together before, and another combo I like but rarely wear is green and yellow.

Below I'm wearing my little mustard Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag with some newly purchased green pieces. In an effort to try mix things up a little in my wardrobe, I bought 3 green pieces in one month!

What I wore:

mustard cardigan, star print scarf, green tee and olive skinny cargo pants micro regan bag | awayfromblue

olive pants with mustard rebecca minkoff micro regan harvest gold bag | awyafromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram mustard cardigan and micro regan bag with olive tee and skinny cargo pants
Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Scarf: star print pashmina
TeeJeanswest Emma woven trim tee in dark green
Pants: thrifted French Connection olive skinny cargo pants (new purchase)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

Both the tee and the pants are new purchases. The Jeanswest dark green tee looks almost grey, it's a very unique colour. I decided I'd try it with these olive skinny cargo pants that I thrifted for $3. Given that I thrifted the cardigan from the opshop last year for $2, and the scarf was a gift, it's easy to see the accessories are the most expensive part of my outfit!

I hadn't been feeling the best, but had a few errands to run and so decided to wear this outfit I'd planned as I didn't have the energy to come up with something else. While I feel this outfit looks a little crumpled and creased, I did love the colours of everything together. It was a great first wear of the pants. I like that the green tee is a different enough shade from the green pants, and the mustard cardigan and micro Regan bag were great pieces to add.

Nice and comfortable for a morning of running errands with the boys, taking my cardigan and scarf off and on as the temperatures fluctuated before calling it a day and heading home to rest with less achieved than I'd hoped. At least I liked the outfit!


Last worn: mustard cardigan, star print scarf, dark green tee, camel flats, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag. It's the first time I've worn the pants as they were a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan and little black dress, star print scarf and wrap dress, dark green tee and pencil skirt, camel flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancystar print scarf in second trimester, camel flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan








What I wore:

green jeans with yellow accessories SAHM style grey tee maxi cardigan mustard bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram grey maxi cardigan green and yellow outfit colourful skinny jeans mustard bag
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl parrot print scarf (c/o)
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (also in black)
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

This outfit was not as much of a bargain as the outfit above (with the grey cardigan alone costing more than all the clothes in the first outfit, even though it was a sale buy!). I still liked it though. I went with a similar outfit formula to wear these newly thrifted jeans. $5 for new with tags ASOS petite jeans in the opshop was too good to pass up, even if I did debate the purchase for a little while as it's a rather bold shade of green. I wore this to go to playgroup with the boys.

For the first wearing of the pants I thought I'd stick with the classics - a grey tee looks good with everything, and the grey maxi cardigan was a nice neutral topper along with the silver shoes. I did really enjoy the mustard and olive combo above, so I decided to try the mustard micro Regan bag with the emerald green pants. Along with the parrot print scarf with green and gold in the print, I ended up loving this colour combination. I think the scarf made it work perfectly by matching the pants and the bag. I do like a bit of matchy matchy sometimes! I've worn this scarf with teal before and really liked it then too!


Last worn: grey maxi cardigan, parrot print scarf, Atmos&Here slouchy grey tee, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag (above). First time I've worn the jeans as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to weargrey maxi cardigan and printed jeans, parrot print scarf with teal, slouchy grey tee and maxi skirt, silver ballet flats and lace skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancyAtmos&Here slouchy grey tee in second trimester, ballet flats in third trimester.


Green Pants Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

Colourful green pants like these don't have to be tricky to wear. While the shades of green are different, I stuck with a basic outfit formula. A neutral tee, a cosy cardigan and then a pop of colour with a bag. This formula works for any colour of pants you're thinking of wearing!
You can keep things really pared back with a neutral cardigan like in the last outfit, or continue your bright pop of colour bag into your outfit with a similar coloured knit like the first outfit.


Linking up with Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday, Friday Faves.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. Lovely bag and great color combo!
    Happy Wed, Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous bag and loving the outfit too darling.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Love the look!
    Josipa.

    http://curlyjosephine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors mixing choice is always so subtle, love it :)

    xx

    With love and light ☀
    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combo of green and yellow in both looks! I need to try this soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! Glad I could give you some inspiration :)

      Delete
  6. Great look!

    http://www.iameleine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for buying more green, Mica! I think green really suits you! Both outfits look great. I especially like the second outfit. Those jeans are a gorgeous colour and the scarf and bag match so nicely! Hope you're having a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I'm impressed with how easily these pants are integrating into my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, you got some amazing deals while thrifting! I am impressed. Hope you are feeling better now!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I got really lucky! :) It's rare to find so many awesome pieces at once!

      Delete
  9. I'm in love with green lately, both the olive version and the bright green. In fact, the bright green would look so lovely with the yellow sweater too!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea Jodie! I really need to give that a try! :)

      Delete
  10. Ooh it's a great color combo! normally I just do green with blue or black because I'm boring, haha. Sometimes purple too
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing boring about having classic go-to combinations! :)

      Delete
  11. I still can't believe you got those ASOS pants for 5 dollars new with tags on them. I so need to go thrift shopping. I haven't been in years. Hope you are having a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard when you have a little one, but I managed to have so much luck in August!

      Delete
  12. I've never owned any bag from by Rebecca Minkoff ,you styled this bag so well, thanks for the inspiration.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make great bags! I might have a few too many though, haha!

      Delete
  13. I love your grey and mustard combo! Fun looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Mica, these are two fab combinations !!!! They're very "happy autum".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brava for going outside your comfort zone with both of these lovely shades of green, Mica! I adore the first outfit - the shades of olive plus the mustard bag just work so well together. You know I love those emerald green pants in the second outfit (as I also have a pair that colour!), and the scarf really makes it.

    I hope you are feeling better, hon. I have the flu...gah, we sickies, hey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila! It was nice to try something different! :) Hope you're feeling better soon too!

      Delete
  16. Hi both looks are so cute and comfy! Great review of the bag! I have been gravitating more to my smaller bags lately. I love the size and it seems to fit all your items very well. The color compliments your outfits beautifully too.

    I pray you are having a great week pretty lady!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! It does hold a lot for such a small bag! :)

      Delete
  17. Yes green can be tricky. And this green is quite bold but you styled it very well. Yellow too can be challenging but I have been getting in to it.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! I find yellow easier to wear than green, but I'm having fun with them both together! :)

      Delete
  18. I love the color combination dear
    You look so fresh and chic.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great in green!

    I love both outfits, but especially the second one. The bright green pants look great with grey and mustard.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a fantastic outfits! I love the first one and those second trousers are fabulous! I Just love green!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful mix of shades, you look great!

    www.samanthassnaps.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree, green can be a bit tricky. I'm just trying to incorporate it more into my wardrobe too. That said, I LOVE both of your outfits! The color combos are perfect! I hope you're feeling better, too!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! I'm surprised how wearable these pants have been so far! I'm feeling much better too, thank you!

      Delete
  23. Hi Mica
    I really like the color of your bag, it's a color that I use a lot. I liked the second look most, because I also love the color green. And I'm really impressed with the price of your whole look. A bargain !! And no one notices that the articles are second-hand. That's what's called smart shopping.

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa! I love my thrift shopping!

      Delete
  24. The mustard shade of this bag works so well with both of the outfits, I wouldn't have expected that! I'm trying really hard to wear more mustard after having avoided the colour for years and years haha ;)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I've only been embracing yellow the past few years, and I'm realising how much I love it! :)

      Delete
  25. Wow, I am loving the mustard tones on you! I wish I could wear them!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! Maybe you just need to find the perfect shade of yellow for you! :)

      Delete
  26. I am loving mustard- it's almost fall here in KC and I'm going to be wearing outfits just like this!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  27. Honestly, I really love green and especially as you found this colour tricky to wear I like how you combined green! Looking forward to see you in green more often!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I've been wearing these pants frequently so you're sure to see them pop up more!

      Delete
  28. You look lovely in mustard! I really like it with the olive green and how well your bag matches your cardigan is perfect!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the color of that bag! I just ordered some earrings in mustard yellow and I can't wait to make some fun color combos with them too--I never thought of doing olive + mustard but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to seeing how you wear your earrings! :)

      Delete
  30. Mustard is a tricky color but you nailed it :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I find it easier to wear than green, haha!

      Delete
  31. If I'm not sure of how to style a particular colour, I just pair it with a neutral colour or black. Ha!! Works every time. You styled the green colour perfectly if you ask me. I like the second outfit a lot.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like both outfits as both color combinations are lovely. The scarves also add a lovely accent. But my favorite is the last one as the colors are so vibrant and beautiful together. The emerald green and soft lavender is an unusual choice and yet it works so well.
    Great Regan bag!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! It's more of a grey tee but now you have me wondering if I could try them with a lavender tee I have!

      Delete
  33. That bag is just a FABULOUS color! :) I like how you styled the olive green, I've never tried paring it with a mustard yellow before. It works well. And, that bag just pops in that second outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love seeing Rebecca Minkoff bags on you cause you pull them off so well! Especially with colored attire. ME, I have to carefully think of the colors I wear cause not everything matches me. But you inspire me to wear more colors!

    Sheena | www.sheenalovessunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you Sheena! I'm definitely trying to have more fun with colour lately! :)

      Delete
  35. That bag is so pretty! It seems super versatile too! Love both of your outfits. Especially that yellow sweater!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that Mustard colored bag and how you matched it!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  37. You really have the loveliest collection of bag dear. This mustard bag is super chic!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Olive and mustard colors together are so classic, your handbag is the perfect accessory. I recently bought a non-olive green cardigan and it's way out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your cardigan is beautiful! I hope it turns out to be just as practical as my green pants - I wasn't expecting them to be so easy to wear! :)

      Delete
  39. I love the green and mustard combo! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks Simone! It does go with so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you all for your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely outfit and bag. I love wearing mustard in Autumn :) Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...