Monday 10 December 2018

Black Dresses For The Office With Pink Scarves and Rebecca Minkoff Darren Messenger Bag

You can add scarves to warm weather outfits by thinking a little differently about how you wear them. While these two scarves are very different, they are both pretty shades of pink and work so nicely with these little black dresses for the office. I continued the pink theme with my peony Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

What I wore: 

Hermes twilly scarf worn in hair as headband hairbow with black lace dress and pastel pink bag | awayfromblue

black lace dress, silver bracelet stack and Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue isntagram black lace dress with hermes twilly in hair and peony pastel oink darren messenger bag
ScarfHermes twilly worn as a headband (Confettis D'ex-Libris from 2009)
NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
DressJeanswest 'Gisele' contrast lace dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

It was Melbourne Cup day so once again I broke out my Hermes twilly to tie around my hair like a headband. I did the same thing last year! This year we weren't having a big lunch like we usually do, just a few snacks to watch the race. I was stuck working on an urgent issue and missed the race and the snacks.

I wanted to feel a little more dressed up than usual for the occasion - you see so many people wearing the prettiest dresses around the office and in Brisbane on race day. This little black lace dress which sometimes seems too dressy for work was the perfect piece to wear. I really liked the way the peony pink Darren bag worked with the lace on the dress too. Was good to give this dress another wear, it's one of the little worn pieces in my wardrobe, last worn a year ago!


Last worn: black lace dress, Hermes twilly, House of Harlow necklace, Walnut Melbourne flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag.

Other ways to wearblack lace dress for a night out, Hermes twilly worn two ways, Walnut Melbourne flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag with stripes.

Perfect for pregnancyblack lace dress in third trimester, Hermes twilly in second trimester, Walnut Melbourne flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Darren Messenger









What I wore:

black fit and flare sleeveless dress with pink accessories statement necklace scarf as belt peony darren bag | away from blue

black dress, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram black fit and flare dress pastel pink rebecca minkoff darren bag scarf as a belt
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl leaf print scarf (c/o) (worn as belt)
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

Unlike the lace dress above, this classic fit and flare dress is frequently worn to the office. It's the perfect style and length and always looks good! Sometimes I like to wear a belt with it. I decided to try something a little different with my leaf print scarf and tied it as a belt around my waist. I folded the scarf over a few times, wrapped it around, and then tucked the ends back into the scarf at the back. As the dress is a thick ribbed ponte fabric, it held in place perfectly through the day.

While I think the scarf and the small Darren bag added a great touch of colour with the dress, I couldn't resist adding just a little more with this statement necklace. The colours really popped against the black, and I was feeling very confident and happy with my outfit when I stepped out of the house. Only to quickly realise on my way to work that a braided hairstyle and this crystal necklace don't work so well together. The necklace kept getting caught rather painfully in my braid through the day! Will definitely be wearing this necklace and dress together again in future, but maybe not with my hair tied so close to it 😂



Last worn: black fit and flare dress, leaf print scarf, statement crystal necklace, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack fit and flare dress in winter, leaf print scarf and skinny jeans, silver ballet flats and purple jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag with peplum tank.

Perfect for pregnancyblack fit and flare dress in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.



Black Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A little black dress is a frequently recommended style staple. It is a classic piece to have for work. It's easy to change it up a little each time you wear it with different accessories, and to add a touch of colour. You can stick with a colourful bag like I have here, or try something a little different and add a scarf as well. You can drape a scarf over your neck or try an alternative way to wear it, like as a headband or wrapped around your waist like a belt.


Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Chic and Stylish, Fashion Files.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. I love both of those dresses and that pink bag really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf worn as a belt! What a great idea!

    Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've styled your scarves to be worn as a headband and belt, Mica! Such a great idea! The black dresses are a great backdrop to let your scarves and bag shine. So pretty! Hope your week is off to a great start, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha :) I like thinking of different ways to wear things! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm liking your creative uses for these scarves! And hooray for getting to wear your black lace dress again! It's always nice when you have the perfect thing on hand to wear for a certain occasion!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good to pull it out although a shame it's worn so infrequently!

      Delete
  5. Both of these looks are so pretty! I love how you styled your scarf as a headband and I'm also loving your braid in the second look!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit and love the color of that handbag!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you’ve styled the scarves, especially in the second outfit, which is rather creative! Both dresses look so good on you, but I really love that first one, so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Monday!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you wore the scarves on both outfits:) So creative! And I think it's so lovely that people get dressed up on race day. We don't do that here...sigh....
    Anyhoo, you look lovely as always:) Hope you're having a lovely day/night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a tradition here! Usually there's a best dressed / best hat competition in the office, but nothing like that this year sadly.

      Delete
  9. That scarf look so adorable tied in your hair! Love your bag too!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blosgpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative, Mica!!
    I do think it's perfect to wear your scarves this way...I know to do this, but I forget it so many times.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are so cute and perfect for work! I love how you wore the scarves in each of them. And I have that same House of Harlow necklace in blue, hehe!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an iconic necklace! I love mine! :)

      Delete
  12. wow both looks are so beautiful, Mica! the first one is actually my favorite! I've also worn a scarf as a belt every now and then and it's so brilliant! haha! you look lovely x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The messenger-style of this bag is so practical and the blush pink shade is SO cute; a lovely piece to take with you to-and-from the office, for sure! Hope you're having a fabulous week so far, Mica :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide Giveaway: Hotel Chocolat Christmas Wreath! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly what you mean, I have a few necklaces that get caught in my braids and it is painful indeed.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I won't be making that mistake again, haha! :)

      Delete
  15. Oh wow! I am in love with that Rebecca Minkoff bag! The perfect color and size!!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that bag is just gorgeous!! I love the color and how perfect it is with your dress!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't this bag so fun!? I love it!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lady. Long time no see. It's great to be back and visiting my stylish blogger friends. You look amazing. Pink and black is one of my favorite color combinations. The handbag is sleek and stylish and everything looks great! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    Hugs
    KaSonndra
    https://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you made the scarfs work for the warmer weather. Also the first black dress is super cute.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair looks really cute with a scarf in it like that! Wearing your scarf as a belt is a great idea! It transforms that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These dresses both look awesome on you, Mica - I love how you've style your scarves! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so disappointing you had to miss the race and the snacks, but at least you looked really cute that day!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both dresses are so lovely! I really adore the lace dress you wore for the race. Such a shame you missed it and the snacks. I'm sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The ways to style scarves are unlimited! Lovely Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look so stunning in both dresses - I am crazy about this lacy one xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. The black lace dress is beautiful Mica and you look gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a really beautiful bag! The video was great too. Have a lovely week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are both such pretty looks Mica, and I love how you got creative with the scarves to make them work in hot weather. I need to do that more too, I don't wear my scarves a ton in the summer. And that pink bag is SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun thinking up different ways to wear them! :)

      Delete
  29. This is really disappointing that you had miss the race. I love both dress but the second one is my favorite. It seems the weather is pleasant there. Here the cold is increasing day by day. Have a nice day.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a pity you had to work on an urgent issue and therefore weren't able to follow the race. But the outfit you chose for that day is perfect and I like also the idea to wear the scarf as headband. Also the second look is beautiful and you had another wonderful idea to wear a scarf. But I know what you mean with your hair-do as it happens again and again that I'm doing the same ;)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your dresses! Looks good on you!
    I followed you on GFC. Please follow me back . thank you

    http://www.okcheori.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm head over heels for all these pops of pink paradise against black dresses! Absolute dream central sweet Mica :) The headband is so fun and fabulous whilst the pretty lace dress is so show-stoppingly pretty. I adore the pink messenger bag too, such a cute addition to the style! I hope you had a lovely time during race day although so sorry you had to miss some of it, what a shame :( I'm just as in love with outfit two, that necklace is so bewitching and beautiful! Adore the way you've used your scarf as a belt, so trendy and stylish! I love the flare of the dress and the bag works perfectly with it. Pink and black is such a fabulous colour combo, you've totally inspired me! ♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie - you should definitely give the colour combo a try, you wear pink so well! :)

      Delete
  33. I don't remember seeing this bag before. I love it with both looks. That first dress is so lovely! I like the girly lace.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my newest purchase, being worn quite a lot lately! :)

      Delete
  34. Loving this hand bag and dear your photos are awesome <3

    https://ohladymania.blogspot.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so different when your hair is pulled back. I love scarves and think they are brilliant accessories. I love how you styled them here in both looks <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how you paired the bag with the black dress! and the details like the necklace is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh your hair is so cute pulled back. I love the blush accessories and that bag is just gorgeous!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  38. A little black dress looks great with pink. It adds a soft touch to the darker color.

    I really like how you tied your scarf as a belt. It's something I used to love to do, but haven't tried in a while.

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely dresses dear, especially the first one. Cute and feminine, so pretty on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love, love, love the peony bag !
    As much as I love lace, the black lace dress is not that flattering as its high waisted and you have such a pretty figure that it kind of hides it...

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...