Monday 7 January 2019

New Weekday Wear Linkup! Blue Dresses and Pink Balenciaga City Bag: Summer Office Outfits

Two simple summer office outfits, with two pretty printed dresses and a pink Balenciaga city bag. All pieces I love and have worn before, but I do have something new to share with you - a new outfit linkup!

What I wore:

paisley print french connection blue sheath dress with balenciaga pink sorbet city bag | awayfromblue

paisley print dress with 2010 pink balenciaga sorbet city bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram paisley print sheath dress pink Balenciaga sorbet city bag summer office outfit
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Sometimes I find the square neckline of this sheath dress a little tricky to accessorise, I often debate for a while each morning about what necklace to wear. This long pendant necklace has been a frequently worn one lately though, so I decided to give it a go and I really liked the combination!

The paisley print dress and pink Balenciaga city bag are frequently worn together, I really like pink and blue! And as I had a gold necklace, these gold mouse flats were an obvious shoe choice. Really easy summer office style. I did have a blazer too for the cold aircon in the office, but it was much too hot to wear it for photos in the morning.


Last worn: long tassel necklace, paisley print sheath dress, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to wearpaisley print sheath dress and blazer, gold mouse flats and pencil skirt, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in winter.

Perfect for pregnancypaisley print sheath dress in second trimester, gold mouse flats in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in second trimester.



What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Sorbet City Bag










What I wore:

navy ikat print empire waist dress with knit blazer and pink Balenciaga city bag for office | away from blue

Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet pink | away from the blue

awayfromblue isntagram navy ikat print dress with black blazer and accessories and pink bag
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
DressJeanswest Aztec print dress
BeltRebecca Minkoff Liv double wrap velvet belt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

It was a little cooler this morning (although not by much) so I wore my blazer for the pics. Again I picked a gold necklace to wear with the blue printed dress, this Kmart one is another frequently worn one, and so cheap too! For the blazer, shoes and belt I went with black, due to the darker colours in the Ikat print of the dress.

While the blue print in this dress is darker than the one above, I still think the pink Balenciaga city bag is a fun accessory with it - it really pops with the darker background.

A little bit of a quieter day at work meant the opportunity to get some training in too which was wonderful - we have an online training site but I so rarely get the opportunity to use it and there were some courses I've been wanting to do for a while!


Last worn: black jersey blazer, blue and gold necklace, Ikat print dress, velvet belt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga sorbet city bag (above).

Other ways to wearjersey blazer and jeans, Ikat print dress with green, velvet belt over a blazer, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimester, Ikat print dress in third trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in second trimester.



Blue Printed Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A printed dress is such an easy office option as you can just pull-on and go. You can always accessorise with a nice neutral like all the black pieces I wore in the second outfit, or make a brightly coloured dress even brighter with a bold bag like the pink Balenciaga city.


Weekday Wear Linkup #01



Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Friday Faves.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. You have some gorgeous dress in your collection Mica. The first dress is so cute, I love the combination of color and design. The second one also look great with the cardigan. You have really great fashion sense.
    Have a happy Monday!
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That blazer is such a staple! :)

      Delete
  2. I find square necklines really hard to accessorize too, but I always thought that was just my lack of practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I definitely agree with you - they are tricky!

      Delete
  3. Liked the contents of your bag and also the review of Balenciaga bag, love the Paisley print dress...

    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram:- stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two dresses. They are so perfect for work. the pop of color in your bag go well with it. and you really styled both outfit perfectly.
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you always accessorize wonderfully!!
    Thanks for the party...I added it to my weekly link ups!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for linking up!

      Delete
  6. That parsley print dress is so pretty. It looks great paired with that long necklace. I also really like the other printed dress. That other necklace is lovely as well. You look beautiful dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your office dresses are so pretty! I really like both of them! The paisley reminded me of a strappy blouse I have. The aztec print one looks super good, reminded me of Japanese tie dye. In both looks, you look absolutely stunning! I need me some square neck dresses as I find the neckline so attractive. Hope you are having a lovely week there Mica! Can't wait to see what other summer dresses you will be wearing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first dress and the bag goes so well with it x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink Balenciaga bag is so pretty! I love it!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how the pink stands out against the blue dress. I had no idea those handbags were that pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pink and blue too! They are definitely an investment!

      Delete
  11. These are some lovely dresses you have on Mica. Nice statement prints. Also your blazer in the second outfit is so classy.

    https://missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blue and pink, Mica:) I can totally see why you wear the paisley dress with this Balenciaga bag together a lot. What a great combo. Also love that Jeanswest necklace.:)
    Hope you're having a great start to the week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting Mica. What a fabulous collection of dresses you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are very cute looks <3

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! This is making me wish it was summer now. I'm missing the warmer temps. I love the navy and pink mixed together, such a great combo and that bag is wonderful!

    www.livelaughlinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also really love the colors pink and blue horn together. That paisley dress is so pretty and your classic bag is very beautiful. Congratulations for starting a new link up. Happy new year my friend
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope this is not a duplicate as I just published a comment but I don’t see it here. Anyway I love your pink and blue combination. The paisley dress is beautiful and your Balenciaga classic bag is stunning. Have a wonderful new year my friend .
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I love this bag!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post and the pictures! I loved the first dress!! :)
    P.S. I really love how your blog looks! :)

    Wishing you a wonderful start of your week, dear.

    I would also appreciate if you would check out my new post about my first Youtube video:
    What's up, Ivy?
    Instagram
    :) Kisses from Croatia! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love your paisley print dress! It screams summer vibes and the pop of color from your Balenciaga bag is perfect!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you added the pop of pink to your outfit with your handbag. I will for sure be adding my work outfit to the link up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! I'm so happy for a new linkup! Thanks for creating this for all of us! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the color on you with that paisley print! Thanks for the new linkup Mica!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do like both your printed dresses, and the pink bag works so well. I hardly ever carry mine - I must make more of an effort to take it out!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!! It is such a good look on you…
    Happy new year!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of these pretty dresses, Mica! You have a great range of prints! I especially love the paisley one! I love that bag too: such a gorgeous colour. Thanks for the link up & I hope you're having a great week so far! I still would love to catch up with you & the boys, but it has been hard with the heat, hasn't it? XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha, and thanks for linking up! It has been so hot and humid lately!

      Delete
  27. I love your dresses Mica.

    They are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am crazy about your both dresses here- so boho , so in my style :-) In both you look fantastic dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both dress are beautiful Mica and that bag is perfect. Have a fabulous week darling.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both dresses are great. I think I like the second look just a bit better, but I think it's because I really like that blazer. And your bag! You have some pretty wonderful bags (I'd never get one that color because I'd worry about what it would go with but obviously it can go with a lot)! I'm looking forward to going through your linkup post.

    I hope the rest of your week is awesome. I ended up with a surprise trip for work so I'm headed out this morning for 7 hours on the road and 3 days of fun :(

    Ruth
    www.voguefauxreal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth - it really does go with quite a lot!

      Hope your road trip goes by quickly!

      Delete
  31. Mica, I haven't seen you feature a bag that I didn't love. I love your use of color, prints etc and I'm thrilled to see a new link up. Thank you for hosting, leaving sweet comments on my blog and for just being YOU! I hope you have a great rest of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! And thank you for linking up :)

      Delete
  32. Both of these looks are so pretty! Love the dresses, and your hair looks fab!

    Hope you are having a wonderful 2019 so far!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. These dresses are so lovely!

    https://vanessaciliberto.com/
    https://vanessaciliberto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both dresses are pretty.. gorgeous bag

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. The size of this bag is so perfect, and definitely the kind of sized handbag I need to add to my collection sometime soon, as all of mine are far too small! I hope you're having a fabulous week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to carry a bigger bag now and then! :)

      Delete
  36. Both of your dresses look so lovely! The sheath dress looks wonderful on you and I love how you accessorize it. I also love how you styled your second dress because it is a perfect look to wear to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - a blazer is a great piece to add to a dress for the office! And thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  37. Oooh girl- you look amazing here in both these dresses!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. That belt is a beautiful accessory with your second dress! I typically avoid belts because I don't have the figure for them (I'm more straight up and down), but wearing it empire style is a good option! Love the new linkup! I will add it to my list! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for linking up! :)

      Delete
  39. You look so pretty in dresses. Loved your Balenciaga bag.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, fun! I know link-ups are a pain ($$, time), so I will try to do this, but forgive me if I don't always participate, Mica - just blogging 5 times a week is a lot already for me.

    I love your dresses - they are so polished and professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila - no worries at all, you already blog so much more than I do!

      Delete
  41. Both of those dresses are so cute and chic! They go perfectly with the bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. That paisley print is really pretty and it looks lovely paired with that gorgeous pink bag. Great job styling both looks.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both outfits look wonderful. I also like the blue and pink together. It's such a nice color combination.

    The linkup sounds like a fun idea. I've never seen something like this before.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can join in! It's a fun way to find new blogs :)

      Delete
  44. Lovely and classic paisley print dress you have there dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. This dress is so pretty on you, Mica! Loving the paisley print so much, it's really flattering! It's so nice with the pink bag too!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh fun, I will have to join in next week, I love it!! I always love seeing your weekday style. Lots of what I share on the blog is actually weekend wear, but a lot of it I could wear on a weekday, so hopefully that counts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely counts! Hope you can join in next week! :)

      Delete
  47. I always love the way you accessorize your outfits! Both dresses are really pretty and look perfect for a summer day in the office. And I need to add more colored handbags to my collection soon.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and linking up for the first week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...