Friday 28 July 2017

Printed Tanks, Cardigans, Colourful Bags & Skinny Jeans

First, Jeanswest are having a 40% off everything sale for members! Online and in store, ends Sunday!


I've mentioned before I'm happy to keep my summer pieces out and wear them year round. On a mild winter day (which is most winter days in Brisbane to be honest) all I need is a cosy cardi on top and it's perfect.

What I wore:

Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans magenta Balenciaga day bag matching purple cardigan | AwayFromBlue

Balenciaga 2005 magenta chevre classic RH day bag hobo on shoulder | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: For King & Country Priceless Australian coin and crest necklace
TankJeanswest 'Rowena' print tank (Currently 40% off everything!)
Jeans: Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans (gifted, currently 40% off jeans!)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
Bag: Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta (20% off with code 'REAL')

Why I wore it:

First wearing of these new jeans! I was lucky enough to know someone doing the $5 challenge who saved more than they expected and decided to surprise people by using the money to treat them. (Can't share who it was as they are surprising multiple people!). I said I didn't need anything with my no-buy challenge, but there is that loophole where if someone else buys it for you it's not breaking the challenge! 😉

I went into Jeanswest, just for a look, and saw these jeans which were the perfect candidate to replace my old (10 year +) grey jeans I wasn't entirely happy with. I prefer a higher rise now. Super excited to have something new in my wardrobe, although it does mean saying goodbye to these old jeans. They had a good run and hadn't been worn a lot recently - I can see very few times in the past few years I've had the blog anyway.

As this was a quiet day, just a couple errands and grocery shopping, I decided to try something I'd been thinking about for a while and pairing the similarly coloured magenta bag and cardigan together. I actually really liked the combination! It was good to get this old tank out too. It hasn't been worn in a while after outgrowing it in pregnancy.


Last worn: purple cardigan, animal print tank, bow ballet flats, Balenciaga magenta day bag. First time I've worn the jeans as they are a recent gift.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and chambray dress, animal print tank and denim shorts, bow ballet flats and flares, Balenciaga magenta day bag and breastfeeding dresses.

Perfect for pregnancy: purple cardi in first trimester, printed tank hiding 20 week baby bump, magenta day bag and novelty pregnancy tees in third trimester.



More Printed Tanks Under $50:








What I wore:

red printed tank black nobody denim skinny jeans Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag | Away From Blue

oie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite and Swarovski beaded wrap bracelets, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Tank: Emerson crochet lace bib print top
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (C/O, on sale!)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite beaded bracelets and black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

A much more colourful printed tank in this outfit! :) The last time I wore this tank it was the height of summer and despite the heatwave we headed out to see Thomas the tank engine at the rail museum.

Although it was winter this time around, I ended up swapping my thick wool cardigan for this thinner one, as it looked like it might warm up. It was again a hot and sunny day, I was pleased I picked the thinner cardigan! I loved this tank, bag and cardigan together when I wore it with flares so I knew I'd like the combination again with different jeans.


Had a lot of fun with the boys running around the museum and playing with all the Thomas toys, and it was good being able to take a picture in the same spot with the same tank but a different season! Just goes to show you don't have to put all your summer tanks away when winter arrives.



Last worn: grey drape cardiganprinted red crochet detail tank, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff studded saddle bag.

Other ways to weargrey drape cardigan and flaresprinted tank and striped maxi skirt, Nobody Denim skinny jeans in monochrome outfit, Converse and a dress, Rebecca Minkoff studded saddle bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: printed tank in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:


Your summer printed tanks can still be layered up and worn in winter with a cosy cardigan. Layering with printed pieces doesn't have to be tricky. For a neutral printed tank, try a plain block colour cardigan like in the first outfit. Neutral layers work well with a textured and colourful printed tank too. Monochromatic greys and black like in the second outfit make a colourful printed tank really pop.


Linking up with Shoe & Tell, Mummy Monday, Hello Monday, Modest Monday, On Monday We Link Up, Mix It Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

33 comments:

  1. Love the looks, they're all so colorful and fun!

    Have a lovely day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wearing a cozy cardigan on top of my summer dress for work today. Summer in Germany is the same as winter in Brisbane it seems...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Thanks to different hemispheres!

      Delete
  3. I love how you reworked those summer tanks for winter. I sometimes get in the habit of putting sleeveless tops away when it gets cold, but I really shouldn't. I love the colors in that first look--I think it really works with your bag and cardigan being the same color!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! I really liked the colours together too :)

      Delete
  4. The new jeans fit so well Mica... oh a great grey pair indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for wearing summer colors and pieces into winter and beyond. Lovely pink bag! I do love the red too though.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of those bright bags! So nice of her to share her fun challenge "winnings" (haha, not really, but dunno how else to word it) with you!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so nice of them to share! I've started doing the challenge now, hopefully by December I'll have some saved!

      Delete
  7. love all of these outfits...you have styled those printed tanks perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those jeans definitely look flattering and comfortable. The grey pair is gorgeous for it has become the new go-to color
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2017/07/gingham-print-of-choice.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright purple it's such a statement colour and is truly one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing.
    Jaz
    Xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bags are so bright and fun! I am such a boring bag person and have actually noticed that I only regularly use my tan and black bags (with the exception of a dark purple one!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not boring at all - neutral bags are classics!

      Delete
  11. Firstly LEOPARD! (insert heart eye emojis) How great does the tank look and it gives a nice subtle statement to the outfit.

    And secondly, the $5 challenge? Is this where you save all your $5 notes? I did that for the first 4 months of this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's it! I started doing it in June so I'm interested to see how much I have at the end of the year! :)

      Delete
  12. Love that red purse. Amazing pops of color for the summer!
    xo, Eda

    http://luxeandlinen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These printed tops look awesome on you! I haven't checked out JeansWest in a while, will have to pop in and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these pops of color, what great and colorful bags!

    x,
    Chanel Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cute bag that also matches your cardigan. This color totally makes this look one to remember.
    Have a great day!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like that pink bag and cardi combo! I'm a sucker for all things pink really! You look lovely as always Mica! Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm all for wearing summer clothes during winter. I don't really have specific summer or winter clothes and just add cardigans and coats where necessary. Leopard is always a great print and I love these bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to have a wardrobe like that! It's definitely a work in progress :)

      Delete
  18. Tanks and sleeveless blouses make wonderful base layers for fall and winter outfits! I don't put mine away either! I love your new jeans. They look amazing on you! I prefer a higher rise now too. They stay put better and are more flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfits! I love Jeanswest, going to head online there now, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That magenta top and bag are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute outfits! I catch myself wearing my spring & summer wear all year long also. I just can't stand all the bulkiness of winter wear. Too bad it just can't stay spring all year round. This summer has been too warm for me her in Tennessee this year but I don't care for cold either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mica, I am really loving that leopard with purple girl! It looks so good together! You are so awesome at mixing and matching clothes. You truly think out the box. Very nice combination!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness! I love these outfits! I'm totally in LOVE with that vibrant pink purse! I definitely want that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that the Cardigan and bag match...lovely styling

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you wore the vest tops for both winter and summer! And this post has definitely inspired me to put some colour in my wardrobe! Sam xx

    http://samanthadobbin.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks all for your lovely comments! Glad I could give you some inspiration for how to rewear your summer pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...