Wednesday 3 October 2018

Grey Tees, Green Pants and Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bags

When I picked up a couple of pairs of green pants in the opshop I knew they'd push me out of my comfort zone a little - green is a colour I find tricky to wear. I did my usual round of thinking when considering new purchases and thought of at least two ways to wear them before I bought them. With grey tees was of the original ways I thought of wearing them. It's like a default when I'm not sure how to wear something - wear it with a grey tee! A neutral grey tee is a wardrobe-must have for me.

What I wore:


blue tree print scarf grey tee and green skinny jeans Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram grey tee green skinny jeans blue tree print scarf rebecca minkoff mini mac
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl Family tree scarf in blue and navy (c/o)
Teee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

We decided to spend the morning at Brisbane's Green Heart Fair. It's a fair around being green and environmentally friendly, with shows and displays and even free trees. So it's obvious to see why I picked my green skinny jeans to wear and my family tree print scarf, ha! I've worn the scarf and jeans together before, but the combo seemed even more fun given our destination. The silver mini MAC bag seemed like a nice neutral with the colourful jeans.

We had a bit of a late start to the day but we still made it in time to see a show from PJ Masks - something the boys were very excited about. (Don't worry if you haven't heard of them either, I hadn't. Apparently they've seen it or heard about it at daycare or their grandparents?). Was a fun show for the kids and they had a great time dancing around and being super heros.

The day warmed up a lot too, I added the scarf in the morning as it was a bit breezy but I considered taking it off around lunch time. Such a beautiful spring day.

While I loved my outfit and the boys loved the show (and getting to 'drive' a bus) the highlight for me was bumping into Rachelle and her lovely family! One of the friends I've made on YouTube this year.


Last worn: family tree scarf, grey tee, green skinny jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC.

Other ways to wearfamily tree scarf and blue knit, grey tee and maxi skirt, green skinny jeans and mustard yellow, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC with printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancygrey tee in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC






What I wore:

skinny cargo pants with parrot print scarf grey tee and denim jacket | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | grey tee denim jacket cargo olive cargo pants aqua mini mac bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl parrot print scarf (c/o)
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (also in black)
Jeans: thrifted French Connection olive skinny cargo pants
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

This was also a nice warm spring day, but I needed the denim jacket on top for out outing to the ABA. It's held in a church hall, so it's quite a cold space. I took it off later in the day though!

It was nice being able to get my denim jacket out again, one of those pieces that really seem to welcome spring for me. The parrot print scarf was a nice way to add more colour to my outfit too. The green in the print makes it a frequent go-to for me when I'm wearing anything green! I thought it paired really nicely with the olive cargo pants.

I was going to wear my silver ballet flats with this outfit, but I felt the bow detail and pointed toe was a little too formal for such a casual outfit. These classic black flats seemed like a better choice.

The aqua mini MAC bag I wasn't sure would work with the olive at first, but I ended up really liking this new combination! When you're trying out a new colour combination, including a handbag is a nice way to give it a go without committing to wearing it all day, as you don't always need your bag on your shoulder all the time once you get to your destination.


Last worn: denim jacket, slouchy grey tee, parrot print scarf, olive cargo pants, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and maxi dress, slouchy grey tee and chambray, parrot print scarf with teal, olive cargo pants and mustard cardigan, black ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, slouchy grey tee in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC in third trimester.



Grey Tees Under $50



How You Can Wear It:

Got a pair of colourful pants you're unsure how to wear? Try a grey tee! A classic wardrobe staple, a neutral grey tee can pair with so many colours in your wardrobe. It works awesome with prints too, a must-have for your wardrobe!


Linking up with Fashion FilesChic & Stylish, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Linkup.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

74 comments:

  1. A grey tee is indeed a staple, and one that I have way too few of. I do however not own any colorful pants at the moment.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I love both and thing they are great wardrobe pieces to have, but I agree a grey tee is a staple!

      Delete
  2. You sure did well finding those green pants, Mica! I just love the colour of the green jeans and you look fab in them! I love the grey tee with them and that scarf is one of my faves of yours! What a perfect outfit for the fair you went to! I do love the parrot scarf in the second outfit too and it complements your tee and cargo pants so well! You know how much I love matchy-matchy! ;) Hope you're having a great week, Mica. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Gotta love the matchy-matchy! :) You wear it so well!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute scarf babe and the jeans are great too!

    XOXO
    LOVELY
    WWW.MYNAMEISLOVELY.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I agree about green not being a familiar colour in my wardrobe! I'm trying to include a bit more though, I tend to prefer the khaki/darkish shade of green - these jeans look great and yes to the pairing with a grey tee!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Jeanswest had a darker green pair as well - it's definitely a popular one! :)

      Delete
  5. OMG! Your dog is so cute dear!
    Have a great day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That aqua bag went really well with that second outfit:) And yes...grey goes with everything and I also love how you paired it with the green pants. So lovely to see how the weather is warming up over there, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! I was happy to see how nicely it worked :) And I'm enjoying the warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  7. So true about a grey tee! It's a great basic for every closet. Love the delicate, Spring-y prints on these scarves. They make such great completer pieces for these outfits.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these!! The parrot scarf is so cute! I think you could try navy for the first pair and really any color with the second pair since they're more of a neutral green!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg! I have tried navy with them through a scarf, need to be more adventurous and try with a top too! Thank you for your idea! :)

      Delete
  9. Looking like such a gorgeous goddess in green, I adore the jeans on you beautiful babe! I agree, I find green quite a difficult colour to wear and find myself never really having a lot of it in my wardrobe which is a shame as I do love it! Crushing hard on your tree print scarf, and your bag and grey tee finishes off the look so stunningly. Brisbane's Green Heart Fair sounds so amazing too ♥︎

    The denim jacket is so stylish and perfect, you can't beat a dreamy denim jacket. I adore your parrot print scarf, so tropical and fun and the aquamarine works really gorgeously against the olive tones of your cargo pants. Beautiful and stylish as always! ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophie! I loved how well the outfit matched the theme of the event, made me smile how ti all came together! :)

      Delete
  10. The Mini MAC is such a great bag- it's one of my go-tos for events where I don't need ALL the things, but can't quite stuff everything in a little clutch!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love green! I love my grey tees too, they just go with everything! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm trying to embrace green more! :)

      Delete
  12. Your dog is so cute! Gorgeous ♥

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the green pants! The color really suits you and it's great that you found so many ways to wear them.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I totally agree on a neutral grey tee being a wardrobe must! I own several just for that reason. Your aqua mini MAC adds the perfect pop of color to thats second outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! They are such wardrobe staples!

      Delete
  15. Such cute outfits! Love Rebecca Minkoff handbags :-)
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard of Pj Mask but never watched it. We don't watch to much tv. Baby girl like to watch word party on Netflix. Also she enjoys watching dancing with the stars with me. Love the grey and green together.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we watch netflix more, I don't know where they have seen PJ Masks!

      Delete
  17. that is a pretty cool pant
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/2018-winter-2018-fashion-must-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Green Heart Fair sounds like a fun time! My daughter likes to watch PJ Masks on tv sometimes. She even has a cat boy sweatshirt! She would have loved that! Both of your green pants are really cute! I have a similar pair, but haven't worn them lately. I like them but have trouble pairing things with them. Grey is a great fall back! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many kids dressed up in costumes for the event, she really would have loved it! :)

      Delete
  19. Come to think of it, I haven't got any green in my wardrobe either! I love how you themed your outfit for the Green Fair - you totally looked the part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a colour I normally reach for, I've been making more of an effort to wear it lately! :)

      Delete
  20. I like the first outfit a lot. I don't know if it's the green pants, but love it. Great laid-back looks Mica.
    Hope your week is going well. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a Fabulous jeans! And I am so jealous of you wearing flip flops! I already mis it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these color combinations! The scarf in the last photo is so cute!
    Happy Fall!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The emerald green pants are a big win for me! Although I'm not a fan of just plain ol' t-shirts for myself (I don't think I own a single one), I am a fan of grey as a great neutral, especially playing off bright colours.

    Hope you are having a good week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Sheila! I agree, it's a great neutral! :)

      Delete
  24. A grey tee is a staple for me too! The Green Heart Fair sounds like fun! I love your bright green skinnies, perfect for the occasion!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your style! absolutely perfect!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi the green pants are cute and the simple tee was a great choice. It is such a cute and fresh spring look! Your metallic bag adds a lot of daytime glam. As always, I adore both looks. Best wishes to you!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! it's such an awesome bag that goes with everything :)

      Delete
  27. I have a pair of green pants too, and I think they go with everything. Just like you wore it here with denim...a chambray shirt always works. And blue is wonderful too (since denim is blue).
    But I also love them with color (shocking, I know...) like yellow and pink!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I've worn them a few times with yellow, but sadly I don't have a chambray shirt!

      Delete
  28. My boys love PJ Masks and I love those green pants you wore! What a fun day!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be such a popular show! Maybe I should watch it!

      Delete
  29. Loving the green pants here! Fun looks all around!
    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Brisbane's Green Heart Fair sounds fun and for a good cause! I love those green pants paired with the grey tee. I have some grey tee's and I've been wearing them more and more. THey're such a versatile piece.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! It's such a great cause! :)

      Delete
  31. That is such a smart idea to think of a few ways you can style something before buying it! I'm going to have to start doing that. The grey tee with the green pants looks great and I love the scarf in the second outfit. I always look forward to seeing your outfits, and I hope you're having a great week!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! It's a rule that's really worked for me when buying things!

      Delete
  32. You have quite the collection of must have handbags. I need to go bag shopping soon thanks for the inspiration.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  33. Oh my goodness I think each of these shades of green look SO good on you!!! Hope you're having a great week:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those green pants are lovely. I really like how you styled them. So appropriate that you wore them for Green Heart event. Ecology is important, so it's always great to hear about such events. Great to hear that the boys had a nice time and enjoyed the show....and I do agree with you that a grey t-shirt is a great neutral piece, something that goes well with everything. That silver Mac bag is very pretty as well. Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! I agree, it's a great event to have! :)

      Delete
  35. You just have the cutest bags! I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the color of the bag with your last look too--it is unexpected but really fun! I love your green jeans look too and perfect for a "green" event :) Jona used to like PJ Masks although hasn't asked to watch it in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that means the boys will grow out of it before I have to watch it haha!

      Delete
  37. Love the scarves dear, especially the 2nd. Also, your pooch is really the cutest!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your green pants! It is tricky to pair them but you paired them really well. Your scarves are so cute! Love that you have so many different Rebecca Minkoff bags!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oooh I don't have any green pants. I really love both pairs you featured. And what a perfect pair of pants to wear to the Green Heart Fair. :)

    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I have been buying so many of them lately!

      Delete
  40. Mini MACS for the win! I love your green one! Goes perfectly with the green skinny jeans :) As always, you have the cutest scarves too! :)

    PS - PJ masks to me is completely new, lol! Never heard of it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, was new to me too, haha! And Mini MACs are the best :)

      Delete
  41. These both look great shades of green, love how you have styled them :)

    Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop, hope to see you on Monday for our next blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I struggle with wearing green too, but I recently bought a pair of green pants and thought of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your green pants! I hope you get a lot of wear from them!

      Delete
  43. Two great new additions to your wardrobe! I really like the bright green pants and think they will be really versatile. I enjoy styling this color with white, navy, pink, and yellow. Olive is such a great staple. I like how you styled each of these with a grey tee!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...